[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nordic Runes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: runes_aetts.jpg (648KB, 1200x770px) Image search: [Google]
runes_aetts.jpg
648KB, 1200x770px
24 runes in the elder Futhark, each rune has a phonetic sound and a special meaning.
They were also used for doing magic, especially in Iceland but I believe that was a slightly different alphabet.

I'm interested in runes but there seems to be too much new-age bullshit attached to them.

So, anyone working with runes here? What's your experience? Is it worth getting into?
>>
I would recommend a book titled The Leaves of Yggdrasil, runes work well for me, I have several tattooed. Some carry a debt or weight, and should not be used un informed. That being said, a simple exercise is to meditate on a glass of water, impose different runes over the glass in your minds eye and focus your energy into it. Drink it. See if it does any thing. Start with the rune for auroch or ox.
>>
>>17492420
I've been reading KH Welz. Good shit, just wanna practice before I try
>>
They aren't new age bullshit, these are a good example of preserved knowledge. They work pretty well.
>>
File: RuneMeanings-lanczos3.jpg (43KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
RuneMeanings-lanczos3.jpg
43KB, 461x600px
the runes itself are legit, but the meanings on OPs pic are not what I always been taught them to be. Pic related (Yes I know is shit, I have to transcribe them to pdf or something) are a much better approach IMHO. Also in divination the personal meanings we adscribe to each rune are also very important. Maybe to the point that they can debunk an original meaning.
>>
could someone link me a good book in PDF on the subject please?
>>
>>17497097
too lazy to google, or what?
>>
>>17497097
Sorry.. I only do paper books, it's a textile thing for me. Go to a used book store, look around in the occult and metaphysical section. There is much written on the topic. Hard copy truly is the best. Emp ain't gonna fry your books.
>>
>>17492420
I've recently bought a set of runes, tried meditation a few times with them and a couple of readings for friends. I'm curios on how to use them as a personal growth.
>>
>>17492420
all letters have power. Spelling is spelling for a reason. Even in traditional forms of magic.

Runes are unique because they are older and hold deeper meanings to each individual phonetic rune. Their age and distance from modern culture makes them especially relevant because it adds extra focus to your task and helps you ease into a better state of mind for whatever magical working that you're attempting.

New age bullshit is everywhere for a number of reasons. Some people want to play harry potter with themselves, some people want to play voldemort. The new Age movement pretty much comes from people taking spiritual concepts from antiquity and bringing them into the modern world. The linchpin to the New Age mentality is that older is better, more durable and more spiritually fulfilling than whats available today.

The problem there is that people try to put more self actualization into the meanings of these older systems of magic that wasn't necessary there in the beginning. It's not the universes job to fulfill your sense of accomplishment and chart you a greater destiny simply because you're willing to sit in the dark and chant with some candles around you.
>>
>>17492420
>They were also used for doing magic,
No that was their alphabet. People's names were spelled in runes. BlueTooth is the name of a Nordic King. Hence why the blutooth symbol on phones is a rune for B with a rune for T going through it. That was how you spelled his name in runes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.