[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the Year 198X A.D.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1456864362693.jpg (172KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1456864362693.jpg
172KB, 751x1063px
Is our fascination with the paranormal, the unknown and the impossible (as we indulge it now) a mere product of the time we live in or will it persist, intact, into the foreseeable future and beyond? Perhaps our ever expanding knowledge will only drive our curiosities and imaginations to even more abstract depths of preponderance, forever setting that goal of "believe" just beyond the tangible line of what present science can explain.

So the question stands, if man must evolve then must his fascination with the unknown change as well or is the unknown the only true constant in man's path forward?
>>
File: 1456423333859.jpg (47KB, 369x341px) Image search: [Google]
1456423333859.jpg
47KB, 369x341px
I think the far more vexing question humanity will face in the future is: "Are we human or are we Dancer?"
>>
>>17491232
>So the question stands, if man must evolve then must his fascination with the unknown change as well or is the unknown the only true constant in man's path forward?
I think "Unknown" or "paranormal" is a lower, unconscious form of human's creative abilities, of true poetry. There's always something unknown, or perhaps unexperienced, in a poetic or mystic sense of the world, not some mad ideas and beliefs. There are so many emotions virtually unknown to 99,9% of human beings. The perception of beauty always longs for something beautiful, and beautiful is always something never completely known, but when this perception degrades, all mad distorted things come into being. And those mad things about aliens, supernatural forces, weird ideas and sectarianism.
>>
File: 1241131249931.jpg (802KB, 2420x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1241131249931.jpg
802KB, 2420x3508px
Man will forever be the product of his fears and there is no greater fear than that of the unknown.
>>
We'll be talking about urban legends such as Anonymous and the 4 chans who were legendary hackers in the early days of the interwebs and still haunt the dark net till this (future) day.
>>
Bigfoot 20XX

> Reports of large cyborg hominids scaling the stratoscrappers of Neo Los Angelos have been reported in a batch of sightings this last summer.
>>
Well we'll have driven most if not all possible cryptids to extinction by that point in the future (if not already) so that'll be one less mystery to contend with.
>>
We've been exploring these things since the beginning of our existence. lately spirituality has been being killed out by the abrahamic religions, but in some places it's making a comeback. I say it'll be around for quite a while.
>>
>>17495011
As we move towards a more materialistic existence I see all spiritualism slowly falling out of favor with younger generations.

Maybe in the future we'll worship machine gods like Zalgo.
>>
>>17491232
Cool metalslug boss.
>>
File: 1251134497863.jpg (165KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1251134497863.jpg
165KB, 663x1000px
This thread needs music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NoYyNKSXQ
>>
File: 1232666157409.jpg (189KB, 708x850px) Image search: [Google]
1232666157409.jpg
189KB, 708x850px
>>
>>17491232
Regulation prevents going into the unknown, the unknown only exists within peoples minds.

Technology and the unknown is already regulated 20-50 years ahead of time pre planned like a script.
>>
>>17497019
It will take a special breed of futurists to delve beyond that barrier.

I imagine many technologies exist (if only theoretically) within the hands of the governments yet are strictly controlled to avoid flooding the market with technologies that may supersede the economic threshold of what can be viably produced in adequate capacity or availability, or that could compromise international stability by getting into the troublesome hands of nations such as North Korea.

Ever since the Nazi's of World War 2, control of projected technological development has been key.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.