[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update #31

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 35

File: ladder of dreams.jpg (70KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
ladder of dreams.jpg
70KB, 500x647px
>Temple of Solomon the King (occultism, esotericism, anthropology and religion resources):
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

New Folders – converted 'pamphlets' in the Grimories folder to “Hadean Press” and added the rest of the material from Guides to the Underworld. Added a few articles from the peer reviewed journal Preternature. Here's what I added:

>A.'.A.'.>Thelema
Added the new(er) book on Moonchild. Looks like trash.
Syzygy, looks like an unjuried journal from Mike Beriteaux.

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Philosophia perennis: Historical Outlines of Western Spirituality in Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern

>Academic>Preternature
Binding of the Fairies
Cult of the Monsterous
The Soul: Evil Spirits and the Undead
Werewolves of Livonia
Wood and Bone

>Eastern
Roots of Tantra
Obscure Religious Cults

>European (Also Cultus Sabbati)
Witchcraft and Superstitious Record in SW Scotland.

>Grimoires
Got a new edition of Sefer Raziel
Curse Tablets and Binding Spells from the Ancient World

>Grimoires>Guides to the Underworld
Count Abaka – Grimoire of the Sixfold Star
JSK's Pyramidos
Saint Expedite by Alexander
Chasing the Dragon
Tools of Avernus
Santisma Muerte
Saint Michael the Archangel
Saint Martha
Saint Gabriel the Archangel
Saint Cyprian: Saint of the Necromancers

>Golden Dawn
Added a pdf of Greer's 7th edition of Ye Olde Black Brick

>Hermeticism
Commentary on Liber Mutus

>Kabbalah
Cain and Abel in Text and Tradition
>>
I guess it's time to download a whole library.

Awesome.
>>
>>17487784
No prob, m8, that's what it's here for.
>>
>>17487741
Well, I know what I'm gonna do when I get home.
>>
>>17487922
Thanks for the bump.
>>
I´ve find a Duquette book about Crowley´s Goetia in the Grimories section. All these sort of thelema related book in the not-thelema folder are also in the thelema folder?
>>
>>17488028
LMD's Lemegeton book really has fuckall to do with Thelema writ large.
>>
>>17488039
Not with Thelema per se, but definetly have big relation. Also, it´s Duquette, I mean it goes from a relevant thelemic point of view, and also there´s the people who likes to search books or guide their lectures for the author´s name, even more among the occult stuff. But hey, it´s your thing.
>>
>>17488091
I just, like, have reservations about sticking it with the rest of the texts in the Thelema folder. Really it's just a babby's first Lemegeton with some half decent illustrations, and I think it fits better alongside the rest of the grimoire material than with, like, I dunno, the Fuller material.

Really the damn thing's large enough it's probably due for a significant overhaul. I dunno what I'd do, though, I thought about pulling authors out of subject folders and just having them in the main list but that doesn't exactly help organize anything.
>>
>>17487741
test post
>>
>>17488123
Well, I can see it, so the reptilian mods didn't shadowban you.
>>
Is their anything from 2015 and beyond or is this just stuff written before the 60's?
>>
>>17488144
So, um, did you look up anything I posted about in OP.

The Hadean Press papers are from 2009. Preternature's a modern journal. That book on Moonchild came out like three or four years back.

Greer's Black Brick is brand fucking new...so, like, poke around and look things up, m8.
>>
>>17488156
I didnt feel like googling up every title so thank you. I know its really lazy on my part and I usually lecture people on spoon feeding information but I felt I should spare myself the chaos of arbitrary research in order to get a more efficient and direct source to my question.
>>
>>17487741
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Found out in the last thread that I, myself am a cult leader and a charlatan. I am quite honored to be included in the many who have worn such titles, but the title of "cuck" is especially wonderful. Crazy is too weak and lacking in originality, but the prior has far more potential due to mystery. I couldn't make this up, even if I was being paid to. Anyway, keep it coming. Slander is a wonderful thing when it comes from the ignorant and blind.
>>
>>17487741
What are those three domains on the bottom, forming a triangle?

Are those significant?
>>
>>17488230
The next Tree? Salt, sulfur, mercury?

>>17488195
Don't stop to throw stones at the dogs barking on your way. Fuck 'em.

Letter's almost done. I noticed that I'd inadvertently put myself on a p. hefty equinoctial fast for the last week. May try to do the high holy days as per Seckler's lineage's recommendations. Expect my reply soonish.
>>
>>17487741
>Binding of the Fairies
>Binding Fairies
Nice oxymoron here. This does not sound like a very good idea, someone might be dumb enough to try it.
>>
>>17488282
Wanna try and report back?
>>
I'm not sure this is not garbage; I didn't read it, but it may perhaps find a home somewhere in the library.

The Faerie Way: A Healing Journey to Other Worlds
Hugh Mynne

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/IoeJOfQ6/file.html

The Faerie are not just little sprites with wings. They are an entire spiritual race of beings that exists on another level of reality, the Faerie realms. In The Faerie Way by Hugh Mynne you will not only find out the truth about these peaceful people, but also you will learn the practical techniques you need to visit them and obtain wisdom that can change your life.

If the idea of journeying to a spiritual world sounds shamanic, it is because shamanism is at the core of the Faerie faith. The methods for traveling to their world involve altering your consciousness through relaxation, visualization, prayer, and knowledge.

To the Faerie initiate, darkness and light, life and death, male and female are aspects of one totality ó and every tree, flower, and blade of grass sings with its own spirit. This book will help you look under the Faerie mounds and open you to the holiness of all life's cycles and chances, and the eternal beauty underlying all.

For guidance on your path, you will read about four previous explorers of the Faerie realms, one of whom is George "A.E." Russell who not only wrote about the Faerie, but also painted pictures of them. The book includes five of his paintings, in full color, which have never been published before.

The journey you can take is magical. Through contact with immensely powerful allies and animal helpers in the Faerie world you'll reunite with your Faerie "Co-Walker" to heal old wounds, overcome personal demons, and even help rebuild our shattered world. Start working with this book now.
>>
>>17488315

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R33NDU6U4ZNUGR

Another horrid trash heap with twisted research on faeries

The information in this book is so incredibly skewed its mind boggling. It bounces back and forth between UFOs, Tibetan religion (and a really poor understanding of it at that), and Germanic deities while trying to smash them into the authors personal world view. The author states that Hel (Norse goddess of the underworld, which was a very unpleasant place for the Norse) is a faerie goddess of the Summerlands. The Summerlands are a Wiccan idea of the afterlife, which is based upon the Elysian Fields- a Greek idea of the afterlife. Not Norse of Gaelic. The whole book has these weird leaps and jumps trying to blend everything together into a bizarre mishmash of poor research and typical Llewelyn sensationalism. Search out classical texts, research driven, or at least culturally accurate approaches to this subject rather than this junk.

Erm...
>>
>>17487741
There´s no more Gunther books available in pdf other´s than "the angel" and "initiation"?
>>
>>17488325
Beat me to it.

>>17488341
Those are the only two released publicly, hold on, I'll post the titles of what we know the OTO holds in secrecy.
>>
>>17488353
>Ceremonio de Rosae Crucis: Oct 21, 1974
Being a ceremony of Tiphereth to be performed daily by the Zelator Adeptus Minor.
4pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Codex CVIII: c. 1975
"Class A" document
10pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Codex LII: c. 1975(?)
"Class A" document
19pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Codex LXXVI: --/--/1975, Solution to Liber AL II:76 by Khemmu Neb, includes Codex LXVI, a comment on Liber Stellae Rubeae, and Codex XXXVI, a comment on the Star Sapphire, as appendices
66pp TSX
JJW HB

>Codex XXVI: c. 1975(?)
"Class B" document
4pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Notes [to Pylons]: c. 1975(?)
Commentary
22pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Sepher QShTh: c. 1975(?)
"Class A-E" document
3pp tsx.
JJW HB

I'd venture a guess that Codex 108 has to do with tantra, Hinduism, or Buddhism.
>>
>>17488363
>>Sepher QShTh: c. 1975(?)
Absolutely sexual magick, has to be. QShTh = 409 = bow (as in bow and arrow, see Vision and Voice) = temple prostitute.

RE: Codex 52:
http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgm1/hg0050.htm#52

RE: Codex 26:
http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgm1/hg0020.htm#26
>>
>coming to a library update near you
Of special interest to the Azoetia guy:

http://bookzz.org/book/2384399/de8949

Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute Series No. 9. The present study grew out of a much larger work that the authors are presently completing. We have both been long interested in Sanskrit literary criticism. Professor Patwardhan has taught the Dhvanyaloka and the Rasagangadhara over a period of fifteen years to students in Fergusson College. Mr. Masson has translated and annotated the Dhvanyaloka and the first chapter of the Lacana for his Ph.D. thesis at Harvard. When we met we discovered a deep mutual interest in Abhinavagupta's Locana, the greatest Indian work on aesthetics, but a text so difficult that even the Pandits hesitate to teach it in the Pathasalas. We began meeting twice a week for 3-4 hours sessions to read and discuss textual difficulties in the Locana. We soon found that we shared nearly identical views on the major problems in this work. Gradually most of the textual mysteries began to yield up their secrets, and we decided to translate the entire Locana as a joint work. The section on Santarasa was originally to have been an appendix to this three-volume annotated translation. But we found that so many issues in the Locana had a direct bearing on the problem of Santarasa that it really required a more extensive and separate treatment. Especially in reading the santarasa passage in the Abhinavabharati, a text of notorious difficulty, we found that our readings in the Locana were a great help to its elucidation. It is primarily as an aid to understanding this santarasa passage of the Abhinavabharati that we are publishing the results of our research. We regard this as an introduction to our translation of the Dhvanyalokalocana which will be published along with the Dhvanyaloka in the Harvard Oriental Series.
>>
>>17488363
More info about this, plz? How it´s that they are from the same year for example? I don´t know the details, but at that time Gunther must be no big initiate, at least for what I recall of the dates in the Wasserman bio. I know that the "Class" cathegories are somehow approbed by Breeze, who do the same with "Angel and the Abyss" and the other. I sort of cringe of seeing "Class A" there...
>>
>>17488412
All you know is what you see, they're held in the OTO archives as the holy texts of Gunther's OTO associated lineage.

I dunno who really gets to see them.
>>
File: TrikaMandala.jpg (465KB, 1489x2558px) Image search: [Google]
TrikaMandala.jpg
465KB, 1489x2558px
>>17488429
I also just fuckin' found the first four chapters of Tantraloka in English.

>we yogins nao n sheeit.
>>
>>17488429
I see, well doesnt matter.

Curious about this: what could be the actual ranking, in proportion of members, in the main AA branches, according to you?
>>
>>17488542
Vast majority of those claiming A.'.A.'. publicly are going to be through Gunther or Seckler via Shoemaker or Eshelman.
>>
>>17488580

More Shoemaker than Eshelman, I have the impression, though I don´t know. BTW, there´s dispute of some kind between both branches (Shoemaker´s and Eshelman) as I have the impression, by commentaries and things like that letter of Seckler that Shoemaker have in his website, which he claims gives him the "sole continuation" of her legacy (which it´s not so clear as it goes in the letter itself)?
>>
>>17488610
Yeah, it's actually caused a fracture into East and West coast divisions of the Temple and College of Thelema. It is no longer a monolithic entity, with both branches being claimed by both individuals in their respective jurisdictions.

Really Seckler should have had the good sense to to tell one that they can found any emanation of her groups that they want and then give a totally different person actual lineal authority, but then, I'm not the Inner Head of the Orders, so what's my opinion worth in the long run.

With Seckler long dead I'm a bit surprised that Billy B. ain't made his move to gut the rest of the enclaves harder than he's been trying with the Angel and they Abyss horrorshow about Gunther being the World Teacher™.
>>
>>17488623
*Sigh, the thelema recent history it´s a total mess, and it´s lack of reliable historic approaches about the whole thing makes it much more difficult to grasp. I just came interested in it´s history recently and just reach to grasp little bits of information and "sides of the story" there and there, very often contradicting.

Do you know about any link where I can see that of the "Gunther World Teacher" that Breeze and other´s made? Again, I´ve heard several things but nothing consistent. Thanks.
>>
>>17488668
Fletcher Munsun here is probably Breeze himself; there's recently been a camp formation in Nevada that seems to be embedded with musicians that Breeze has worked with:

>Let me put this as succinctly as possible — Phyllis Seckler never made it beyond Probationer (one can find this in “In the Center of the Fire” by Jim Wasserman) and J. Daniel Gunther is the World Teacher of the A.’.A.’., said A.’.A.’. being the only such organization recognized by the Ordo Templi Orientis. Despite what any other claimants may wish, outercol.org is the only A.’.A.’. with such an imprimatur. With the OHO now fully empowered constitutionally after his unanimous election, Duplexity is essentially a Fait Accompli. That is, no other faction or sect is on the editorial board of Weiser, or relied upon by academic sources, or in possession of the legacy of our full archives. The writing is indeed on the wall.

http://peterpendragon.com/2015/01/14/interview-j-daniel-gunther/

Here's a rather old advert for a tour he did in Sidney:
>>
>>17488690
J. Daniel Gunther is here in Sydney for this very special workshop event, "Initiation in the Aeon of the Child".

J. Daniel Gunther is a teacher highly respected and revered by his students and peers alike. Considered one of the world's few genuine authorities on the doctrines of Thelema, his lectures and presentations have been hailed as dynamic revelations of Thelemic doctrine, while his engaging question and answer sessions demonstrate his collegial approach and sincere commitment to student learning.

A member of the A∴A∴ for over thirty years, his first book Initiation in the Aeon of the Child: the Inward Journey brought to the public for the first time many of the teachings and instructions of the A∴A∴, and offered a new audience the transmitted doctrinal insights and revelations of the first World Teacher of the New Aeon since Aleister Crowley. He is a standing member on the Editorial Board of The Equinox. This will be Daniel's first visit to Australia.

His program in Sydney offers Aspirants to the Magick, Mysticism and Mysteries of Thelema, and students of esotericism, Freemasonry, mythology, psychology, and religion in general, an exciting opportunity to proceed through a progressive learning journey in an interactive and friendly environment, hosted by the O.T.O.
. . . . . . . . . . .
vinum sabbati,
Tim 'ozpagan'

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WitchesWorkshop/conversations/topics/39767
>>
>>17488690>>17488703

Thanks again, I´ll check it all.

Regarding Breeze let me say that I respect him and don´t judge him, I try to see his actions in an esoteric or symbolic way, which I think they are mostly designed. All the attitude they take for the copyright things for example, all the seemingly tyranic authority, etc, even the silly "kill/fill" thing, which I interpret on him saying something like: "how weak of you if you let yourselves depend on this kind of things, for in that case you are slaves." I always kind of remind that US OTO manifesto which I think it´s attributed to him, and that line, "if you want freedom, you must fight for it."

On the other side, the fights like that between him and Seckler and others between thelemic sides are not fine to see, that´s true, and he probably should calm himself more often.
>>
>>17488736
Huh, looks like that groups record isn't the one I thought. The words "World Teacher" are still on some advert images but I don't think I have them anymore.
>>
So I tried meditating with my eyes half open, and it helped. Blinking was weird.

I have some other questions. Is it normal to have your "third eye" feel sore, or am I just furrowing my brows in concentration too hard? How often to bodily functions interrupt? I belched twice and felt the need to pass gas, which threw off my focus. My body started quaking, and my sinuses emptied and made me cough. How can I prevent this?
>>
>>17488789
half open?
never heard of that before

"soreness" is likely too much furrowing, "pressure" is like activation or stimulation

the body stuff is just a phase in the meditation i find, if you can focus on your breath or whatever it is youre meditating upon then you can usually get through it and reach a more trance like state where you dont notice the body stuff nearly as much,

also the more you practice the easier it is to ignore those weird sensations and reach deeper levels.
>>
>>17488770
Yep, I´ve searched sometimes this kind of things (probably even this one) without results. It´s the invisible man (Breeze).

But about some recent little "scandal" related to that Gunther´s branch AA world´s claim, I remember among several things one loooong explanation by Shoemaker calling to peace and common sense because of some members who goes desprestitiating Seckler´s branch because of the Gunther/OTO claim. For what I´ve undestood, it´s a neverending story.
>>
>>17488801
Somebody in the last thread said that my eye strain could be prevented by keeping my eyes half lidded, as did a postural guide that also mentioned keeping my left hand open on top of my right open hand about an inch below the naval.

Good to hear I'm not accidentally doing something wrong.
>>
>>17488807
Here's a copy of both letters, one from one of Wasserman's students, ostensibly from that Nevada Camp, and Shoemaker's reply:

http://pastebin.com/raw/TG2e2haf
>>
File: asha.jpg (108KB, 655x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asha.jpg
108KB, 655x1080px
Your resident /x/ Zoroastrian here to help answer any questions you may have about the Religion of Wisdom and whatever else related to it.

Oh, and happy Nowruz everyone! Quick fact: Zoroaster himself instituted Nowruz and it was celebrated with the reading of litanies and the Gathas, specifically a litany to the sun and the holy fire that it is.
>>
>>17487741
so hey, you guys seen this shit? https://youtu.be/25FDD1OHnkM
>>
>>17488873
>boohoo it's creepy
Lel. Deal with it, faggots.
>mfw the blatant disturbance of the ritual tools

>>17488860
I got nothin' today.
>>
>>17487741

I didn't see that you had them so if you're interested in a collection of documents from Temple of the Vampire I can mail them to you. I don't know if they fit in there, personally I think it's mostly BS, but could be useful for reference.
>>
>>17488940
No thanks, m8, but I appreciate the effort.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TpkmXV9ao&feature=youtu.be
>>
Everyone, just 2 questions:

1. Why you pursue the study of the occult?
2. If you could give an advice to any new practitioner interested on it, what it would be?
>>
whats a good author to start on occultism?
>>
>>17488873
>other people need to die for my beliefs
cowardly dicks

>>17488860
How badly did fate/stay night mangle Zoroaster myths?

>>17488995
1. enjoyable and enlightening
2 no matter how much a master of magic you become, your shit still stinks. Never whistle while you're pissing.
>>
>>17489080
Abhinavagupta.

Start here:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=15576031976&searchurl=sortby%3D1%26tn%3Dtantraloka
>>
>>17488995
I want to know and better myself, and I desire to learn more about what is secret. Also, Astral Projection sounds neat.

Nothing, I'm just getting into it as well.
>>
>>17487741
Thank you OP. Long time poster, but just recently gotten off my lazy ass to study some source documents.
>>
File: owned.jpg (50KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
owned.jpg
50KB, 402x402px
>>17489153
>mfw this edition of Tantraloka makes multiple references to Kant
>>
>>17489104
Start with a $400 book?
>>
>>17489181
I jest, there's a beginner's folder in the OP folder, anything there should be sufficient.

Also, that's a ten volume set.
Guys, I found a copy of Paratrisika-vivarana...reconstruction of the kula rite is not out of the question at this point anymore...I mean we're still missing some mantras but I'm rapidly filling gaps.
>>
>>17488995

1- To master one's self mostly and contribute to Cosmic Battle, along with uniting with the Divine.

2- Study and do. Do not restrict your course of study. Avoid new age bilge. Look far back.
>>
>>17489081

Terribly so, but still entertaining.
>>
File: kshathra.jpg (129KB, 652x1086px) Image search: [Google]
kshathra.jpg
129KB, 652x1086px
Also, Ape-bro, let me know if you need more stuff for the Zoroastrian folder and I'll see what PDFs I can gather for it.
>>
File: 49186994_p5_master1200.jpg (106KB, 462x506px) Image search: [Google]
49186994_p5_master1200.jpg
106KB, 462x506px
>>17488860
Does it favor service to others or service to self? Rulings on sorcerers? What about the use of sorcery to kill?
>>
>>17489262
So I'm guessing chaos magicka is new age, huh.
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>17489284
>to kill
Hahahahahah. Oh. Good one.
>>
I apologize if this has been asked before.

How important is physical fitness when it comes to practicing what's posted here and in the library?
Does it affect how other entities interact with you?
Does it affect anything at all?

Thank you in advance.
>>
File: 012f039cd98285b9d242651625df91a3.jpg (166KB, 747x1308px) Image search: [Google]
012f039cd98285b9d242651625df91a3.jpg
166KB, 747x1308px
>>17489292
Come on, Anon. I'm asking for rulings and feelings, not methods.

Most religions have SOMETHING to say on the matter. Who does it hurt to ask?
>>
>>17489293
Bruh, you need to be fruarking juicy in order for any spirits to 'mire your quads.
>>
>>17489310
pls b serus
>>
>>17489302
As a general rule, murder is frowned upon in pretty much every circle of human beings that doesn't have the maturity of a spurned teenager. And even if it isn't murder though magick is considered very dangerous, unlikely to work out, and sets a bad precedence.

Yeah, she's a bitch, but you don't gotta murder anybody.
>>
>>17489281
Yes.

Anything I don't already have I want.
>>
>>17489318
Idk, I'm assuming maybe. Are you fit enough to perform a ritual? Is fitness symbolic?
I'm not an expert, though, so better to wait for one of the tripfriends to respond.
>>
>>17489330
Oh, wow, Abhinavagupta has such sights to show us...

>On this earth, pleasure and pain, bondage and emancipation, inert and conscious, are words having some meaning like the synonymous nature of the words pitcher and waterpot.
~Tantraloka, Ch. 2:19
>>
>>17489330
I mean yeah, of course it's frowned upon. But the details matter and are interesting.

You get Dante's Inferno that talks about the specific place that murderers go. Does no other religion have such a thing?
>>
>>17489363
Wait, you mean like mythology? Yeah, lots of religions have afterlives for bad people. From off the top of my head the Nordic version is cold and run by somebody who, funnily enough, is named Hel.
>>
>>17489434
Mythology, specified methods of punishment or execution, you know. Many religions have a way of life built into them. I like knowing that stuff, it says something about it.
>>
>>17489293

You don't need to be /fit/, but it's a good idea to be in good health. While the activities of your operations may not demand it, your body's the house for your soul, so it might as well be a nice house.

So eat reasonably well and get some regular moderate exercise. That should do.
>>
>>17489449
Thanks
>>
I have 179 ebooks from Amazon about random topics, if you'd like to add any to your library, here's a link

https://mega.nz/#F!6NA1xBDa!4cKQHwGft1tgO2BV6s1ybQ

I had a service for ripping paid books from Amazon, so I haven't really read any of them

P.S. I'm still uploading some books at the time of this post, it'll update on the mega folder when it's done
>>
>>17489461
I immensely appreciate the effort, but anything from that list that looks interesting I've already got.

I dunno, I'll go though it with a finer tooth comb when you post the rest of your uploads.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>17489461
I get a little disappointed when someone links to a download for phil hine and it's not actually a picture of a cabbage
>>
>>17487741
>Witchcraft and Superstitious Record in SW Scotland.

Oh shit is this new? I was just asking for Scottish folklore and witchcraft, fucking awesome.
>>
>>17489284

On service: Both. It's not really about serving.
On sorcerers: Depends on what you define it. Zoroaster's definition of sorcerers would've been way different than today's.
Sorcery to kill: LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>17489286

Chaos Magick isn't New Age. It's a just the application of new techniques to an ancient art and science. I've learned valuable things from it.
>>
>>17489634
Well, tell me how his definition differed.
>>
>>17489461
there's actually a few pretty interesting things in here, the high magic folks may not be interested but I spotted a few that are new to me, thanks anon.
>>
File: 949 Zarathushtra Web.jpg (313KB, 400x664px) Image search: [Google]
949 Zarathushtra Web.jpg
313KB, 400x664px
>>17489646

The sorcerers condemned by Zoroaster would be more along the lines of those guilty of "maleficium", to use a Latin term. It'd basically be the use of magick and the related for malicious and harmful purposes.
>>
>>17489620
New to the library? Yes, but it's from the 1800's.

>>17489634
You think anyone was worshiping Zahak?
Was there a Black Zoroastrianism? Or is any possible conception of that confined to edgelordy revisionism?
>>
>>17489656
Getting somewhere! Maleficum as a crime, and such sorcerers were condemned. Was any specific punishment raised, or any specific statement on them explaining why?
>>
>>17489688
>New to the library?
Yes that's what I meant, also, thank you.
>>
>>17489688
>Zahak
I don't doubt it. It's no doubt that edgelords repudiated freedom and wisdom to promote ignorance and malice (Ahura Mazda vs. Angra Mainyu) for whatever reason. However, if you remember that legends tell that Zahak may not be what you think...
>>
>>17489695

I don't know what the Persian authorities did, but keep in mind the Persian authorities weren't Zoroaster and his immediate followers. You can probably look it up, probably in one of Cyrus' legal codes or something. I don't care about Ancient Persian law.
>>
>>17489361
There's an english Tantraloka translation?
>>
>>17489776
There are two, they're just not online, one's only through Ch. 14, until I found the first four chapters from the incomplete version.

I plan on buying the full when I get the opportunity.
>>
>>17489699
>>17489688
This superstition and witchcraft record is awesome but Im going to have to brush up on my scottish brogue/slang, because half this shit is like a foreign language.

>Till a braw star drapt frae the lift aboon, An' she keppit it e'er it wan to the grun. There's some sail skirl ere ye be done. Some lass maun gae wi' a kilted sark,

I thought I was pretty good with the old dialect but this is babble to me.
>>
>>17489815
Who's behind the translation? or both translations, if you know.
>>
>>17489864
Mark D. and, um, Satya Prakash Singh for the complete version...

And Gautam Chatterjee on behalf of Srikunj Sadbhavana Manch for the half complete one.
>>
>>17489643
How did you start?
>>
>>17488789
Perhaps time your meditation sessions after you've fasted for long enough for your stomach to be empty. Best times are generally before bed or when you wake up.

Maybe your brow feels sore because the lighting in your room is too bright?

The book I made the recommendation from in the earlier thread is on instructions for Zazen from "The Three Pillars of Zen" by Philip Kalpeau. I heard it recommended by Satyr, a knowledgeable, former poster.
>>
>>17489928

What do you mean? In occultism?
>>
Is evocation a must to perfrom occult things?

I like all this stuff but the idea of calling an unknown entity because yes doesn't seem very good. Who knows which intentions can it have.
>>
>>17490695
how are you planning on calling up something that you don't know its name and don't know where it is?
>>
File: 1454633895497.gif (11KB, 502x422px) Image search: [Google]
1454633895497.gif
11KB, 502x422px
>>17490827
>taking credit for shit after it happens
>not saying you're going to do something, then doing it
>revival of kek
>20 foot toad hoping around egypt again
>just can't see him under all the dirty impoverished muslims
>ebola has been around since 1976
>planes didn't crash before pol. right? right?
>pastor shooter wants to be slender girls when he grows up
>>
File: 1457039991050.jpg (360KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1457039991050.jpg
360KB, 752x1063px
>>17488409
Pretty sure I'm the only tantric dream wiccan here so thanks. Fuuug dis ib dank.
>>
>>17490874
fight me in astreal you cunt
>>
>>17490928
I already did, and won. :^)
>>
>>17490946
what the fuck did you just implied? i have over 9 confirmed curses and invented a whole new field of magick. hit me with your best shot. it won't do anything kid
>>
>>17490874
KLAATU BARADA NIKTO
>>
>>17490952
>implying I haven't cursed you already

Oh yeah, I also talked to your holy guardian angel, and wanted me to tell you they quit.
>>
>>17490961
o u
>>
>>17489461
Thanks, Anon, I got several of the books.

Including one I was looking for some time, Seeing Fairies by Marjorie T. Johnson, which I am considering buying. Your digital copy will help a lot.

However, I will link this interesting negative review of the book:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R39F26ZI2AWX3W

I'd like to call your attention to at least this excerpt:

>Unfortunately, the overarching perspective and interpretation of the fairies presented in 'Seeing Fairies' is that of Cicely Mary Barker and what one might expect of the 'well-bred' British upper middle class of the era: many of the informants seem to hold socially respectable positions (a fact Johnson seems keen to underscore), appear to own their own homes, and spend their abundant leisure time socializing, gardening, motoring and traveling abroad. They are unerringly 'nice' people of at least moderate education.

>Since every one of the several hundred witnesses apparently thinks, and definitely speaks, in the same gushing, florid manner, the reader is left to question how this identical style of thought and diction could have been possible in each and every case, even when taking into consideration the lack of class distinctions.

>Did Johnson, the "Honorary Secretary" of the Fairy Investigation Society, foolishly rewrite or otherwise alter each account so that all have the same identical tone? Or did Johnson, perhaps laboring under a psychological ailment, simply invent all of the witnesses and write all of the accounts herself?

tl;dr take this book's reports with a lot of salt
>>
File: Lxrot4D.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lxrot4D.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>17490606
Chaos magick in particular, but generally is fine as well heh.

My goal is to approach it from a skeptical perspective as I believe that there are real, tangible benefits to be had, but that they aren't necessarily metaphysical in nature. I realize that's a less popular opinion on here, but still any guidance or just a finger pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated.
>>
>>17490986
Yeah, that's a thing, hence why I said nothing looked stellar in the collection.
>>
>>17491004
It's sad the effort of the Fairy Investigation Society was all for naught.

http://subscribe.forteantimes.com/blog/the-fairy-investigation-society/

Specially the last part, goddamn British tabloids.
>>
>>17491015
The good news is that I found 7 Abhinavagupta texts last night so they'll be part of the next update.
>>
>>17491019
>>17491015
>>17490986

So, where do you guys draw the line?

Do you believe that fairies are real?
>>
>>17491020
On my part, yes, but not as the winged small humanoids you might be thinking of.
Refer to this book: https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
>>
>>17491020
Narrow your question? Do I think they're a class of spirits that can be worked? Yes. Do I think I can bottle a glowing dusty skank who screams HEY, LISTEN, LOOK every six seconds? No.
>>
>>17491024
>https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
So, what, you believe they're ayy lmaos or something?
>>
>>17491037
The things some people see as fairies, other persons see as aliens. "What you believe is what you see."
>>
>>17491037
Whatever the details of what those things are, this much I believe: they are not flesh-and-bones beings, and they know very little about our matter realm. They have the ability to read our memories and project an "image" of them, based on that. So, if one expects aliens...
>>
>>17491027
So you they're imaginary, but magic is not?

>>17491038
The mythology behind each seems very separate. That's like calling Bigfoot a fairy.
>>
File: 1993.165_w.jpg (162KB, 611x893px) Image search: [Google]
1993.165_w.jpg
162KB, 611x893px
>>17491042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0ABq_fDjk
>>
>>17491046
see
>>17491047
>>
>>17491046
There are many common elements between fairy and UFO folklore.
>>
>>17491049
there are many common elements between you and an animal.
>>
>>17491047
Also known as, "imaginary". Slapping on a bunch of baseless superstition onto the idea of "imaginary friend" doesn't change anything.

>>17491049
Like what? Were faeries ever though to come from other physical planets in our universe? UFOology is pretty broad and vague, but that's the one common thread.
>>
>>17491063
The talk goes through multiple hypotheses; there are three options put on the table, of which 'imaginary' is only one. You'd have caught that if you'd have listened for longer than four or five minutes.
>>
>>17491067
Except there's absolutely no reason to believe they're any different from imaginary friends.
>>
>>17491094
Weren't you just in here a few hours ago screaming about how /pol/ works magic more efficiently than /x/ in general...but now magic doesn't exist?

C'mon mate, if you're gonna shitpost then actually shitpost, at least that'll be entertaining.
>>
>>17491102
Well which one is it?

Either.
A. All of their mememagic is just a coincidence, and magic doesn't exist, or
B. A bunch of uninitiated and unfocused neckbeards are greater sorcerers than anyone here with their years of "training"?
>>
>>17491107
Please address the failure of Ebolachan, or really anything here: >>17490837
You seem to be giving /pol/ the (undue) benefit of the doubt that by reposting images of meme toads, the fabric of reality bends to their will....but kuk is a god of Chaos, right, so there's no actual control, they're just tossing logs on a fire, if their model is a valid substitute for the last 1200 years of mystical elaboration.

Ever read RAW? It's not even coincidence; what the Thinker Thinks the Prover Proves. I could pull out the failed Fefe scorpion meme, get people to direct attention to it, and suddenly folks are hunting for stories related to scorpions or the name Fefe in the news.

Cool false binary, tho.

A third option is that nobody knows what's going on, let alone me (reminder: I've never claimed that magic is REAL, nor UNREAL. We don't even have a phenomenological handle on the shit yet and how the fuck are we going to get to quantitative measure when qualities have yet to be nailed down?).

A fourth is that /pol/ are memespamming retards but that, maybe, there's something resembling Truth in the ancient materials that (very tenuously) inspire them (Egyptian mysticism).

A fifth is they're totally legit and I/we have zero interest in mass shootings or CRASHING PLANES WITH NO SURVIVORS.
>>
>>17491118
>Please address the failure of Ebolachan
ebolachan was a resounding success

>You seem to be giving /pol/ the (undue) benefit of the doubt that by reposting images of meme toads, the fabric of reality bends to their will
is sigil magic "not real" now? or is reposting images of meme amphibians a legitimate form of magic? which one is it?

>but kuk is a god of Chaos, right, so there's no actual control, they're just tossing logs on a fire
aren't you people always going on about "well it gets results so shut up"??

>if their model is a valid substitute for the last 1200 years of mystical elaboration.
by the standards used to judge every other type of occult working, it appears to be massively more successful than the last 1200 years of... phft... """mystical elaboration""".

>what the Thinker Thinks the Prover Proves.
By magical standards, they've proven to be far more powerful than everyone here, while you guys have nothing to show for it.

>I could
you haven't, so no

>A third option is that nobody knows what's going on
nonanswer.

>A fourth is that /pol/ are memespamming retards
that kettle sure is black

>A fifth is they're totally legit and I/we have zero interest in mass shootings or CRASHING PLANES WITH NO SURVIVORS.
or apparently an interest in doing literally anything, since you have nothing to show for it

so, no, it literally is either A or B. 3 isn't an answer, and your 4/5 is just B.
>>
>>17491140
>ebolachan was a resounding success
I'm not dead.

>By magical standards, they've proven to be far more powerful than everyone here, while you guys have nothing to show for it.
I'm not here to please you.

>aren't you people always going on about "well it gets results so shut up"??
?

>you haven't, so no
What gain would I get from doing this? You seem upset that I'm not doing something I have zero interest or motivation in doing.

>so, no, it literally is either A or B. 3 isn't an answer, and your 4/5 is just B.
If I say magic isn't real will you stop spamming the thread?
>>
>>17491107
There is no meme magic, /pol/ is a festering shit port of waste that has never accomplished anything and the minute you started in on that shit you proved, objectively, like, WITH MATH, that your parents should have smothered you with a pillow and reported you as a crib death.
>>
Controversial opinion - there is no magic, occult wisdom is just about spiritual development, anyone who thinks they can get powers from this stuff or believes in magical forces is just wrong.
>>
>>17491154
Oh boy, more shit flinging.

At least I gave a pair of options that allow /pol/ and, what, me/this board to do our things independently, one with us both being full of shit, and one with us both having valid means, but, like, I guess I'm the only faggot here that's interested in nuance.
>>
>>17491158
Pretending to play middle of the road ignores the fact that some times people are just wrong/lying. You're like the goddamned press these days, so head-up-your-ass fixated on hovering at the center that you don't even investigate any of the details.

/pol/ has never had any "meme magic" successes. Go ask for one. Most people there won't even know what you're talking about and the ones that do will cite behavior that was responsive, not predictive of, events.

Don't call your ignorance a quest for "nuance," shit melon.
>>
>>17491157
K. It's not that controversial. That sort of psychological model is actually pretty well favored by the vast majority of pop commentators and within a field of writings (Chaos magick).

I'll never really understand why any of this is so contentious. It's like people have undue attachment to their convictions and feelpinions or something.
>>
>>17491152
yes, and I can breathe fire and levitate, I just don't because I'm not here to please you and have no interest or motivation in doing so.

>>17491154
if there's no mememagic, then there's no magic.
>>
>>17491166
>/pol/ has never had any "meme magic" successes. Go ask for one. Most people there won't even know what you're talking about and the ones that do will cite behavior that was responsive, not predictive of, events.
I know, see >>17490837

But fuckin' arguing about it is only going to encourage >>17491140 and fuckin' crying about meme magick could alienate amateurs with an interest in something beyond FUNposting.

YOU guys wanna stop to throw stones at dogs along the way, that's YOUR business, not mine.

Anyone want me to upload these Abhinavagupta texts?
>>
>>17491176

Why the double standard?
>>
>>17491171
>if there's no mememagic, then there's no magic
Why even say something this stupid. You just said that if there's no such thing as ambrosia, then food can't exist.

Why do you want strangers on the internet to think you're mentally retarded?
>>
>>17491176
Idk what Abhinavagupta texts are. But sure. Any post that bumps is liked by me
>>
>>17491176
>YOU guys wanna stop to throw stones at dogs along the way, that's YOUR business, not mine.
THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME THROW STONES AT DOGS ALONG THE WAY FUCK FACE.
>>
>>17491192
>FUCK FACE
look at yourself. you are a virgin that can't afford a hooker.
>>
>>17491189

So then explain how pol's mememagic, that actually verifiably gets results is not valid... yet your keblahblah and crowleycuck shit that has produced nothing, despite years of "practice" is valid.

Either your thoughts on occultism and "occult training" need a massive overhaul, or it's time to admit magic doesn't exist.
>>
Here's what's on deck:
>Paramarthasara
>Santrasara and Abhinava’s Philosophy o f Aesthetics.
>The Dhvanyaloka of Anandavardhana with the Locana of Abhinavagupta
>Gitartha Samgraha, Abhinavagupta's Commentary on Bhagavad Gita
>Tantroaloka, Ch.1 – Tantraloka, Ch.2,3,4
>P aratrisika-Vivarana

I can upload 'em now into their own folder with DuPuche, Tantrasara, and and the raw Sanksrit Tantraloka or I can just load 'up up next update.

Or I could upload them now and announce them in an OP next thread. Up to you faggots. I think this assembly's kinda important.
>>
Sorry, are we actually arguing about meme magic?

Former Labour Party leader Ed Miliband would have something to say on this subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0wKv5CPtA
>>
>>17491199
/po/ has never gotten a verifiable result.

Why are you even here saying stupid shit like this? Just shout EBOLA-CHAN and then go hang yourself from a bridge, alright?
>>
Ok, so i have never gone to /pol/ and i only lurk /x/ every now and then and i am genuinely confused.

What IS "meme magic"? I thought it was just some funny sounding term with no actual meaning.
>>
>>17491214
Put simply, it's a half assed, boiled down, shit tick version of, "if you get enough people to believe in or want a thing, that thing comes true!"

But what it's really about is that about once a year some especially incompetent twats from /pol/ and /b/ get together and try to claim that they're the real magic users. It's nothing new, it's really just them trying to get new memes to catch on. In fact, meme magic has pretty much already run its course, this guy's some weak hold out unwilling to give up the ghost.
>>
>>17491214
It's hard to tell who's funposting and who isn't.
I think there are a few around both boards who are genuinely convinced that posting images of pepe evokes an Egyptian godform known as kuk or kek, a froglike being of chaos. This, thereby, makes memes real, and Donald Trump is his avatar. Or something, I try not to pay too much attention to it.

Ebola-chan and winter-chan were thought to be apocalyptic thoughtforms, or maybe just to punish middle easterners and negros for having the temerity for to exist. I'm p.healthy and my winter was nice.
>>
>>17491218
>>17491222
I don0t know why but i find that hilarious

haha thanks for the the answer
>>
>All this salt.
Will you two just fuck already?
>>
>>17490992
Read Promethea, read The Invisibles. That's funny enough not how I started, but those are the best intro texts. For me, it was reading Prometheus Rising and doing sigil magick and reading Liber Null.
>>
>>17491157

Good. You should always be this skeptical. I lean more towards the mysticism anyways. I like to joke it's the world's oldest self-help system if anything. However, don't close yourself off to the possibility of something more.
>>
i would like to know how to use magic to achieve maximum potential towards enlightenment
>>
anyone ever read Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson? not looking to start an arguing, just genuinely interested in whether or not anyone has read it, and what they think of it if so
>>
File: 1458453797136.png (292KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
1458453797136.png
292KB, 300x423px
>>17488195
>>
>>17491152
>You seem upset that I'm not doing something I have zero interest or motivation in doing.

/pol/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>17488264
>Letter's almost done. I noticed that I'd inadvertently put myself on a p. hefty equinoctial fast for the last week. May try to do the high holy days as per Seckler's lineage's recommendations. Expect my reply soonish.

How many lettres you writin?
>>
>>17491375
Such a fun game.
>>
>>17491384
As many as it takes for sampai to notice me.
>>
>>17491374
anybody?
>>
>>17491422
>Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson
All the one star reviews are pretty not-harsh; seems the worst you can say about it is that it doesn't do what it says on the label.

I imagine it'd be good early intermediate material for witch-y types. Thumb through my Euro and Chumbley folder for witchcraft or Grimoires for ceremonial.
>>
>>17491415

Sanpai noticed.

Fairly high signal-to-noise ratio in this thread. General trend?
>>
>>Sepher QShTh: c. 1975(?)
Absolutely sexual magick, has to be. QShTh = 409 = bow (as in bow and arrow, see Vision and Voice) = temple prostitute.
> QShTh

I've seen some references made to this in Fortune's MQ.

"The Way of Initiation follows the coilings of the Serpent of Wisdom upon the Tree;
but the Way of Illumination follows the Path of the Arrow which is shot from the Bow of
Promise, Qesheth, the rainbow of astral colours that spreads like a halo behind Yesod.
This is the way of the mystic as distinguished from that of the occultist; it is swift and
direct, and free from the danger of the temptation of unbalanced force that is met with in
either pillar, but it confers no magical powers save those of sacrifice in Tiphareth and
psychism in Yesod."

>>Ceremonio de Rosae Crucis: Oct 21, 1974
Being a ceremony of Tiphereth to be performed daily by the Zelator Adeptus Minor.
4pp tsx.
JJW HB

Leaked documents when??
>>
Ok first time post here, usually lurk on pol/. They talk of meme magic, seems plausible but at the same time like taking credit for something that was happening anyway. Real or not idk could go either way. Lots of pol/acks lirp like nat soc supporters. Hitler was said to be into the acult used lots of runes and all kind of rituals. If magic is real why aren't we all speaking German now? Ps. winterchan seemed like a failure . Anyone got thoughts on this?
>>
>>17491652
>If magic is real why aren't we all speaking German now?
English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England and is now a global lingua franca.

Language family

Indo-European

Germanic
West Germanic
Anglo-Frisian
Anglic
English
>>
>>17491422
>>17491431

the Huson book is interesting in places, but is evidently his personal take on witchcraft. a lot of the negative reviews seem to come from wiccans who view it as too dark
>>
Very interesting point on language, didn't know that ,but I was using that as a wimsical way of saying they got smashed in ww2 despite having runes and magical symbols throughout their time in power
>>
>>17491652
>Anyone got thoughts on this?
From my own observation /pol/ has MAYBE three or four serious occultists doing this or that at any given time.

We've got a touch more. Not much, but there are maybe seven or eight regulars itt, and a few more I see posting not-garbage as well but not ITT...

My point is that one or two competent direct occultists aren't going to do anything effectively maintain discipline between a couple hundred raging autists who can't be bothered to read, let alone practice, let alone synthesize information into a coherent set of standards for new/original rituals.

I saw ONE person writing effective winterchan material, and even that's a touch questionable. The only actual thing I saw from ebolachan was altars, and blood letting. Moreover, I saw mass FUNposting of the woman before, during, and after the Nov. decline in cases.

Personally, without starting another huge slapfight, I think meme magick as theorized by /pol/ is garbage. I'm not in the "beeleev hard enough and it does real" camp. Also. both ebolachan and winterchan were heavily vulnerable to subversion via things like Enochian and other locality based magic.

I think there's something there but that the competence level of /pol/ is low enough to render it mostly useless. And that low competence level is probably inversely proportional to the high certainty they have about meme magick being the only real magick ever ever and they're the only ones who can use it, even though all boards spam their memes.
>>
>>17491431
What would you recommend by Chumbley? I've read about him before but wasn't sure where to start.
>>
>>17491724
the subversion of their shit via enochian and locality based magic, what in particular are you referring to here? i've had a burgeoning interest as of recent in their bs "meme magic", mainly because they seem to ignore any potential negative consequences of chaos magick, as watered down and diluted as their variant of it is
>>
Downloading now. Where should I start? I'm fairly new to /x/
>>
>>17491729
By Chumbley for folks fresh from Wicca? Nothing. I'd recommend Schulke's Veneficium, which is in the Cultus Sabbati subfolder in Chumbley's folder.

If you already know a decent amount about the Western tradition, check Azoetia, it may or may not do you any good.
>>
>>17491737
Any amateur magick saying "Fuck up location X" or "protect location X" can be severely undermined using Enochian, which ties locations on earth to spiritual locations, and gives you a means to influence the situation of a given location.

Remember, Dee and Kelley were using the system to spy for the Crown.

Take, for example, the issue of blood and semen for sigils. Properly activated these are powerful occult substances; if properly activated. Otherwise you're just an animal bleeding or splooging everywhere.

So, then, it would take very little effort to go to, say, an Enochian governance name tied to...say...Nigeria or Germany, and ask or even forcefully set up some sort of catch or siphon trap for all that spiritual energy flooding into the spiritual aehtyr of that location.
>>
>>17491744
I find it difficult to grasp any semblance of a path to which I should be following, where to go next. I've been reading a lot of Dion Fortune as of recent, having first got into Peter Carroll and Ray Sherwin about half a decade ago. Not that I particularly demand accessibility in occultism, or care for that, as such things will lead to what you see on boards like /pol/ now, but I'm just wondering where I should be going with this at the moment.

This thread is the only reason I've been coming back to this website for the past few years by the way, started browsing on here around 2006/2007, then left for a long time save for these sorts of threads.
>>
So energy being directed at a target can be captured and used for the opposite of its intended purpose, or did I misunerstand?
>>
>>17491701
Magic is powerful and shit, but not enough to counter US and SU oil reserves.
>>
Funny thing about oil is prior to the drop in its price many ppl posted memes like remember when the price was this or that, then the prices dropped. Coincidence maybe so or unintended meme magic
>>
>>17491815

Or reflected back. Lot's of possibilities.
>>
>>17491828

Oil prices fluctuate based on a variety of identifiable economic factors. It's very low right now because Saudi Arabia has flooded international markets in a geopolitical move - possibly to damage Russia's economy and to strike at American oil producers. Not meme magic, sorry, just macroeconomics.
>>
All good points, not here to argue just trying to learn and understand things. Still wondering why the magic ( runes) used by ww2 Germany failed them.
>>
>>17491756

What methods do you recommend for properly activating blood and cum?

I tend to use these thing a lot [I define a lot in this case loosely. I'm not bleeding and jerking off on corpses on the daily], and my general method has been to offer up parts of my life it's self, in a weird bhakti kinda way.

Pictured: Last thing I made with blood and cum, and something more valuable to me than either.
>>
>>17491857

Stupidity. You can't fix stupid.
>>
>>17491724

Huh. I was wondering where I picked up the idea to use dank memes for magick. Thanks!
>>
>>17491876
stupid how
>>
I'd declare /pol/ to be a land of the druj and home of the devas, but it's not even that important.
>>
>>17491906

To fall for the great man theory and his peasant bullshit.

>>17491917

Pretty much.
>>
>>17491917
Is a nice landscape,
They are a funny bunch,
Besides they stand for true, so does not matter how racist they are , they are good boys.
>>
>>17491947
>they stand for true
>true

/pol/ stands for the defining and enforcement of a subjective world view on those that do not agree with it. This is not synonymous with truth. They may think it's true, they may say it's true, they may wish to enforce their truth at gunpoint, but if it's so true, one would think that they would not require nor desire, force and bigotry, to convince others of its veracity.
>>
>>17491947

/pol/ is the exact opposite of good (thoughts, words and deeds) and truth. It's a cesspool of druj ignorance and malice.
>>
File: 1455469431615.jpg (884KB, 875x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1455469431615.jpg
884KB, 875x1162px
>>
>/pol/
Get. Out.

Also btw on my OMNI training there was a ton of implication that paranormal shit happens in specific states of hypnosis. Not researched well, but it does appear to be indeed paranormal.
>>
Ok, so, I have been a typical armchair academic occult researcher for years now.

All of this information! How to sift through it all!? Integrate it all! It's like a tidal wave! There's too much!
>>
>>17492109
Do you think "/pol/" would like the writings of Blavatsky?
>>
>>17492168
No. Yes. I don't care.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 310x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 310x416px
>>17492168

They certainly like Evola, though I doubt they understand or really have an interest in his spiritual writings and work with the Ur Group.
>>
>>17492147
>armchair magician
I'm a smoking jacket, with cognac and cigars type myself. Usually just a bit of wine with dinner, because I'm no savage. I think it brings out some interesting qualities in my writing, mostly the ability to ramble a bit more. I hear the buzz from heroin is similar, but I don't know if I like the addictive nature of the drug.

If you want to make sense of the occult, then try to find the links, no matter how loose.
>>
>>17491724
My hypothesis is that the /pol/ hivemind capitalizes on a situation they have no control over but observe to be humorous or interesting, they then flood their collective lulz into the symbol, which propagates the meme, floods it into the other areas of the internet mind like reddit (as we saw even onto Donald Trump's twitter page).

I don't believe it is a kind of magic that is directed by a single will or even an oligarchy of wills. I believe it is a natural outgrowth of anonymous meme culture.

The idea of Lord Kek is a representation of active nihilist absurdism, which "for the lulz" used to personify.

The transition to half-jokingly worshipping an ancient frog god through some sort of bizarre synchonicity is a demonstration of the way these occurrences, at least as far as I've read, tend to manifest themselves.

I watched a small group of /pol/lacks attempting to force a meme into existence so they could kill George Soros. "No Sorrow For Soros". Much like Drumpf, its complete failure was in it didn't understand that propaganda and mass psychology, memes, are about finding the river that reality is already on, pushing the wave in that direction, and then manipulating it in a certain way while it follows that course.

Like you say, they don't want to do the research underlying the phenomenon.
>>
#Notallpol/acks lol, seriously if we didn't wanna know more about the deeper side of things we wouldn't come ask exspergs. Still no answer to what would cause the runes and occultism of ww2 to fail. Found a few things on my own but it's just confusing me more. Something about the symbol V was given to the axis powers as a counter to the power of the swastika. Can anyone confirm or help me understand this better.
>>
>>17492258
Basically Crowley was involved with British Intelligence, iirc, to some small extent. Legend goes that he was the one who suggested that Churchill use the V for Victory, as a hand-sign for the sign of Typhon/ Apophis, the destroyer of Osiris (i.e. Swastika).

It's basic Golden Dawn material. Not much else to say about this tbqh.
>>
>>17492258
Crowley suggested that the "V for victory" might be a good way to thwart the Nazis. Of course, he didn't mention the other symbolic power of the V. It also represents the number 5, the vulva, and the element of water. The water countering the Nazi fire.
>>
>>17492271
>Thwart Osiris
Why would anyone want to do this?
>>
>>17492281
Because Osiris stood against all that was Good™ and True™.
>>
>>17492278

Interesting. If we understand Nazism as an attempt (successful in varying degrees) to counter the telluric and primordial occult forces in favor of the boreal and Apollonic, the "V for victory" symbol is valid in that context. Ultimately I think Nazism's failure was a lack of unity. There were too many disparate elements - Hitler's peasantly showmanship and authoritarianism did not at all "mesh" with the initiatic nature of Himmler's SS, which in my estimation is the closet thing Europe has had to a top-down order in the spirit of the Knights Templar since the Ghibbeline Middle Ages - although Rosicrucianism and perhaps early Freemasonry might also qualify. The goals of Nazism were not unified. Militant egalitarianism, though, certainly unified the UK, the US, and the USSR. Definitely a line of thought worthy of further study. I believe Evola discussed similar topics in his essay on the Occult War.
>>
Ok thanks, so war Crowley working for good or just a useful idiot?
>>
>>17492317
The important thing to remember with "Aleister Crowley" is that he was a flawed human being. All prophets are. Even the "Navi'im" of the Old Testament were flawed, some very much so. Revered figures are often only remembered for their "holiness" and "sanctity" and not their flaws. To us, Crowley is a man like us. He is a human being, with flaws, with faults and thus not a perfect saint with a aureole and a halo. Flaws can also serve a purpose.
>>
>>17492168

well hitler liked her writings so...
>>
>>17492271

churchill and crowley were the same guy
>>
>>17492281

who/what is osiris exactly? I've seen a lot of both Christ and saturn symbolism with him. Not sure whats really up with that dude.
>>
>>17492494
Lol. No.

>>17492501
Sounds like you watched Zeitgeist too many times.
>>
>>17491857

>implying they failed

Where do you think the state of israel came from? It is the center of the new 4th reich. The Nazi's and the ashkeNAZI jews are one in the same. Big surprise. Hitler was the 2nd and 3rd prime minister of israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Israel
>>
>>17492509

I'm beyond the whole mind control bullshit of zeitgeist, I was asking if you can tell me who osiris really is.
>>
>>17491203
Then by that criteria, neither has anyone on /x/.

So are you saying magic isn't real?

>>17491214
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/meme-magic/photos
>>
>>17489461
>mega.nz/#F!6NA1xBDa!4cKQHwGft1tgO2BV6s1ybQ
I found some good stuff here, thanks a lot buddy
>>
>>17489461
>gay witchcraft, empowering the tribe

oh well, i had to read something before going to bed.
>>
File: image.png (160KB, 423x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160KB, 423x380px
This thread is going to shit fast. I'm going to go do my litanies before the sacred fire and then check back in.
>>
>>17487741
What ever happened to that online theletubbie cult you were trying to set up?

The political board has spawned multiple active sub-discussion boards, yet you can't get anyone to join your failed cult.

Why is this?
>>
>>17492686
Resh, then Stellar Transvocation here.
>we're not so different, you and I.
Really I enjoy you faggots way better than the Abrahamics. May not be a dualist, but at least you guys come close to hitting the mark of, like, coherent religious practice.

Speaking of, in terms of anthrohistory and NOT spiritual implication, how much of Zoroastrianism is just basic upper paleolithic/lower bronze age hygiene? Vendidad seems to be "wash yo stank ass: the holy book".

>>17492601
You could try something nice from the OP.

>>17492541
I feel like he's closer to Dionysus than Jesus.

>>17491870
Mantra and ritual, mostly. A lot of it has to do with the circumstances of production. For blood, see Mass of the Phoenix, Steiner's Occult Significance of Blood, and Liber Stellae Rubeae. For sexual fluid, see Star Sapphire, Grimorium Sanctissimum, M:TP, and Gnostic Mass (Mass of the Holy Ghost).
>>
>>17492704
My project was simply a revision of the A.'.A.'. curriculum because it's stagnant. Others who wanted to be active with it were more concerned about like podcasts or whatever.

FWIW there are multiple running discussions that branch out of these threads into more private locations.

That one project has died does not mean I'm silent with other projects. And it's still on my to-do list, I just need(ed?) more expertise with the corpus of materials I'm interested in; we've gone a long way since Crowley in terms of information access.

But I assume you're the spammer from earlier so I imagine this answer is not satisfactory.
>>
>>17492715
>coherent religious practice
the irony

>You could try something nice from the OP.
but it's all shit. it's like somebody put a collection together of all the baseless idiotic things that anybody has ever said in the entirety of human history and oh wait that's literally what it is.

>I feel like he's closer to Dionysus than Jesus.
>muh "entities" are so fake they're literally interchangable

>Mantra and ritual, mostly. A lot of it has to do with the circumstances of production.
this and the other post betray everything else you've pretended to not claim about occultism.
>>
>>17492715

>I feel he's closer to Dionysus than Jesus

I disagree for a few reasons. In my mind Osiris corresponds more closely to Apollo or Wotan-Odin. I suppose a gnostic might tell you that he was a Type of Jesus, though.

My reasoning:

-Osiris is a "solar deity", the sun of Ra
-Association with divine justice, symbology of the scales of justice
-Marriage to Isis, symbolic of the duality of the feminine and telluric on the one hand (Isis), and masculine and transcendent on the other (Osiris). Compare to Yin and Yang, Zoroastrian dualism, etc.
>>
>>17492715

Hahaha! The Vendidad is the "if you want to do these, sure, but whatever, wash yo stank ass" book. It's definitely a weird Persian hygiene guide that tries to latch on to Zoroastrianism. Today, only the most ultra-conservative abide by it. I think Zoroaster was more concerned for everyone's sloppy as fuck spiritual hygiene than physical.

Also, yeah man, likewise. Abrahamics ain't got much going for them. Also, on the dualism and the differences, keep in mind the words of Lon Milo D.: "It's all in your mind, but your mind's bigger than you think!" Zoroaster would've agreed.
>>
>>17492769

The son of Ra that is ...
>>
>>17492771
Is it even remotely possible for me to convert?
>>
>>17492729
>it's like somebody put a collection together of all the baseless idiotic things that anybody has ever said in the entirety of human history and oh wait that's literally what it is.
He said about the collection of books largely from university presses and museum collections.

>>17492769
I don't necessarily disagree with you, and don't think we have a true 1=1 equivalent. The entity can be approached through the Sun or Rebirth, it is what it is.

>>17492771
I hate that line but I'll break bread and light fire with you over even most Kabbalists at the end of the day.
>>
>>17492797
He claims to be a convert and that the operating American groups are way less pissy about it than the guys the Parsi or even most Iranians, I'd say it's worth a shot provided there's a community in the area.
>>
>>17492834
There isn't... I live in a place where the closest thing we have is Somali Muslims and Unitarian Universalists. I'm currently studying Persian, and I would probably be the only one in my state to do that.
>>
>>17492728
>My project was simply a revision of the A.'.A.'. curriculum because it's stagnant.

Going to happen eventually.If not us, who?

>>17492769
>Osiris is a "solar deity", the sun of Ra

In practice, he was cthonic, subteranian.
>>
>>17492797

Yeah. I'm a convert. There nothing in any text, even the ones I don't accept, that says anything about prohibiting conversion. Where do you live?
>>
>>17492852
Maine, United States.
>>
>>17492813

Sounds good to me, solar bro.
>>
>>17492855

Closest one to you are here guys:

http://zagba.org/

I know nothing about them, but they're in FEZANA, our national coalition. There's also more options if you're willing to fly out. Remember, we're small in numbers.
>>
>>17492849

>in practice he was chthonic, subterranean

Now that I think about it, that seems more likely. Obviously he ruled the underworld (quite literally υποχθόνοι) and was associated with agriculture ... That he holds a shephard's crook is also significant. Maybe his representation evolved as Egyptian civilization devolved, as certainly happened with other gods (Isis comes to mind)
>>
>>17492879
>>17492849
Remember Pan and the Night under which his Maenads ran wild.
>>
>>17492892

Yep.
>>
>>17492874
So that's a bit far away, and since I'm not 100% sure how things work I might be wrong on this, but where is the place they worship at?
>>
File: image_thumb.png (472KB, 593x336px) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb.png
472KB, 593x336px
>>17492892
And his raising of Hermes upon the Wine of Sorrows which brings extinction.

>>17492874
Dude, pic related's kind of impressive, congrats.
>>
>>17492813
>He said about the collection of books largely from university presses and museum collections.
if you seriously can't separate the idea of studying superstitious beliefs, and adhering to superstitious beliefs, you should seek help immediately, as you're a danger to yourself and those around you.
>>
>>17492922

Lame.
>>
>>17492922
Tell that to all the anthropologists who come out of the field as Believers after this or that encounter or initiation.
>>
>>17492908

Zoroastrians "worship" mostly by themselves. Fire temples are a really rare thing unless you make one yourself. Shoot them an email, maybe they know someone in Maine you could meet with. If not, feel free to ask me whatever.
>>
>>17492909

If only our numbers were bigger, that's for sure. Promulgation is a big thing now and it's bound to explode soon enough into an actual conversion movement.
>>
>>17492937
>unless you make one yourself.
>you will never the the next prominent son in a line of flame bearers stretching back before the mists of knowable history
I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
>>17492937
Okay, if there's a religion where you mostly worship by yourself at home it already seems great. Compare this to the others where you have to make pilgrimages all over the world and devote your life to it.
>>
>>17492947
It's hard to argue against the first monotheistic expression of 'don't be a faggot'. You guys' early-middle age criticisms of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are not only lulzy but solid.
>>
>>17492922

You're on /x/, bud.

Anyone else find it comical how people like this guy laugh and disregard millennia of tradition and occult knowledge? The hubris of modern man... Just so you know, Isaac Newton adhered to "superstitious beliefs," as did myriad other geniuses - too many to list here. But I'm sure you think you know better, because George Carlin or whoever made a funny joke about the subject.
>>
>>17492932
>Tell that to all the anthropologists who come out of the field as Believers after this or that encounter or initiation.

Okay, give me their email addresses and I will.

This is like studying schizophrenia, and becoming convinced that tooth fillings are government mind control nanite devices.
>>
>>17492951

It's what I want for my kids, if I have them.
>>
>>17492967
It's not the 1700s, and Newton would slap the shit out of you for abusing his name to promote anti science platforms.
>>
>>17490718
>implying that you can know someone from a name and a rough description.

>inb4 just banish it

i cannot know the poweerlvl of the thing or mine unless i do it, that's why it scares me
>>
>>17492960
My only regret is that we shouldn't have been so shitty to Mazdak. He was right, Zoroastrianism at the time was fucked.

>>17492954
Zoroastrianism is all about free choice and free will and your own lives experiences being crucial to contributing to the betterment of the world, not to mention cosmic battle. So, you can join the mobeds and go on pilgrimages and tend to a fire temple or you can just do your own thing, keeping the Good Religion of Wisdom alive.
>>
>>17493030
In general though, regardless of religion, places like Jerusalem and Persepolis are obviously pretty cool places to go.
>>
>>17493008
The worlds foremost academic on Saivism is a practicing Trika.

Feel free to tell him how stupid and all his Ph.D. studies and temples are, you can find him easily by googling Mark Dyczkowski.
>>
>>17492909
Looks like zaka doesn't have a website or address. Pity I'd have stopped in for a service or two
>>
>>17493026
honestly if you're paranoid maybe this isn't a good hobby for you.
>>
>>17493049
And?

Many actual scientific researchers are also Christian. Do you seriously believe that makes the bible true?
>>
>>17493083
I would think that it would make that point that some forms of christianity are not anti-science, and I think it would also be a strong tell that maybe what they believe isn't antithetical to modern reasoning.

Ever read hume?
>>
>>17488860
What should I read first?
>>
>>17493075
not paranoid, just cauutious. hooesstly i´m impressed on how youu´re all so willing to jump withhout a net
>>
>>17487741
Finished Elman's hypnotherapy. It was interesting but I guess I was hoping for more on autosuggestion/self-hypnosis, as most of the book goes into clinical applications. Most of the things in that folder are geared towards hypnotherapy on others instead of oneself anyway, which is fine but not really what I'm looking for. Ledochowski's Self Hypnosis course only has pdfs and not the tapes so that doesn't seem too effective for a beginner either. I'm gonna put that topic aside for now I guess, cause I dunno what else to do.

Started the Master Game. Not sure how to feel about it yet. I think most of it will go over my head but I might as well try.
>>
>>17493102
The extent to which people just work with "whatever" is questionable. Most people chose what to work with and how to work with it before doing anything. Have you read any books on the subject?
>>
>>17493125
Download the fucking tapes and do it. It's top notch and I will be finding his other work out there. I didn't know beginners needed someone else to feed them with a spoon. I that that was just babies.

You'll find that you won't make it far with that attitude. Be assertive and assume you'll know more than you do. I'm not actually an asshole in real life, well, not as big a one as I sound here, you just lack the proper mindset for hypnosis. Absolute confidence and unerring belief is a must. Also a total lack of morals.
>>
>>17493141
>cool, nihilistic, and a wicked sense of humor
magic isn't real, btw.
>>
>>17493151
Thanks for the loosh.
>>
>>17493151
Satyameva Jayate.

Truth alone triumphs.

satyameva jayate nānṛtaṁ
satyena panthā vitato devayānaḥ
yenākramantyṛṣayo hyāptakāmā
yatra tat satyasya paramaṁ nidhānam
>>
>>17493096

The Gathas and the oldest Yasna. Written by Zoroaster.
>>
>>17493236
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>17493141
Tapes are downloading but only 1 seeder, it'll take a while before I can see anything beyond the pdf manual. Might as well do something meanwhile. As for the mindset, I know. Confidence, assertiveness and belief, mostly belief, is something that fucks me up. I'm retarded and belief seems too abstract. At least I'm fine on the lack of morals.
>>
>>17493273
Then know that it works because you believe it doesn't and it doesn't, which is self hypnosis. Then you bypass belief. That's the good old fashioned chaos cultist way. Or read the book on neuroscience. It's hard to believe something wrong when you know otherwise.
>>
some toddlers apparently figure out that their parents will panic and let them have what they want if they hold their breath until they pass out. never understood that one, but apparently it works on some people

e.a. koetting sez the most powerful witch he knew basically just closed her eyes and put her head down and people around her would suddenly start acting completely different than their normal personality. also there are several things that have to go on in order to make stuff work, and a key one is maintaining a brain state that is not really awake and not really asleep, like a hypnotic trance

suge knight i mean surgo ad sez the invariant/science of magic is all hypnosis

hypnosis book sez hypnosis is believing what isn't so

some famous channeler dude sez you can fly if you just believe it. that's it

lotta niggas sez it doesn't work. lotta niggas sez how do? lotta niggas do a lotta rituals to make it easier to believe a lotta really dumb shit

book of the apocalypse sez people who believe the lie and love the lie will come to a bad end

orthodox christian practice sez if you teach what isn't so, you out. oh you tee out.

orthodox christian holy fathers sez all sin begins with the darkening of the mind. you think something that isn't so, ok... you decide you like it, start to agree with it... bam, better knock it off and confess

pretty much every recent philosopher who is popular sez you don't know 2+2=4 and you maybe can't know 2+2=4

bertrand russell writes a big ass book that proves 2+2=4, but the proof has mistakes

aliester crowley sez the ladder of enlightenment starts with 0=0 and then goes 1=10, 2=9, 3=8, 4=7, 5=6, 6=5, 7=4, 8=3, 9=2, 10=1, then draw pictures of aliens and get addicted to heroin

4chan sez endless amounts of stupid shit. reading it is good for a light buzz, until you get used it. then you have to go to x. then you have to start posting

i sez maybe, just maybe, 2+2=4 and some niggas don't wanna know. mebbe they never gonna wanna
>>
File: s-l1600 (7).jpg (347KB, 1600x1439px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (7).jpg
347KB, 1600x1439px
>>
File: s-l1600 (5).jpg (277KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (5).jpg
277KB, 1120x1600px
>>17493356
>>
>>17493333
that much effort and a get without saying anything.
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (306KB, 1600x1152px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
306KB, 1600x1152px
>>17493378
>>
>>17493384
sadly no amount of banishing will fix /x/
>>
File: s-l1600 (6).jpg (344KB, 1247x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (6).jpg
344KB, 1247x1600px
>>17493384
>>
File: s-l1600 (8).jpg (297KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (8).jpg
297KB, 1600x1190px
>>17493399
>>
>>17493096
Not the original poster, I'd recommend 'The Gospel of Zarathushtra" by a guy named Duncan Greenlees, gives a solid overview of the religion from a historical perspective, as well as Greenlees being tied into the theosophy movement.

Haven't finished it myself, still reading it, but Greenlees' book about the Manichaeans was amazing
>>
File: s-l1600 (3).jpg (263KB, 1209x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (3).jpg
263KB, 1209x1600px
>>17493412
>>
>>17493299
I think I believe it works, but then it still doesn't work so that belief must have not gotten through. Idk, I'm fucking up somewhere with this. Chaos is cool but haven't had much success with it. I'll keep practicing and see if I figure it out though. I'll do the neuroscience book too, thanks Anon.
>>
File: s-l1600 (4).jpg (331KB, 1296x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (4).jpg
331KB, 1296x1600px
>>17493430
Thus concludes a couple pages from Chumbley's unpublished Red Grimoire.
>>
>>17493102
>impressed

they know there ain't no net anyway. i'm impressed too, but you gotta spend the time to make sure you're following the top dog if you don't want to get fucked by the bitches, if you know what i mean
>>
>>17493378
>under eclipsed sun
Shit, I'm not the only person who had the idea to do this with Chumbley.
>>
>>17493417
Sounds interesting, thanks as well.
>>
>>17493445
Art's different in each copy, cheggid:
>>
File: 20001115.jpg (174KB, 576x300px) Image search: [Google]
20001115.jpg
174KB, 576x300px
>>17493566
fuggin witches
>>
File: tvuVY.gif (168KB, 765x242px) Image search: [Google]
tvuVY.gif
168KB, 765x242px
bamp
>>
>>17493566
In the last thread you had a list of necessary prerequisites to understanding Chumbley and I actually ended up ordering a couple of those books, do you mind posting the list again?
>>
>>17493417
>Theosophy

Ugh. Otherwise, I'll have to check it out for sure. I've thought in a couple of years of writing a book on the esoteric core of Zoroastrianism and a new prayer and ritual book. The cool thing about Zoroastrianism is that it encourages shit like that in the texts as long as you know what you're talking about. Zoroaster wasn't the last prophet and definitely not the last sage.
>>
>>17494221
Parmenides - Nature
Heraclitus - Fragments
Plato - Complete Works
Aristotle - Complete Works
Plotinus - Enneads
Proclus - Elements of Theology
Iamblichus - De Mysteriis
Hermes - Corpus Hermetica
Moses - Genesis
>>
I remember someone saying that after comparing translations of the core Hermetica, I should also try to eventually read them in their original languages.

What languages would those be? I know the Asclepius is known chiefly through Latin, but what varieties of Greek will I need to study, among others?
>>
Are there recommended grimoires? I have A.E. Waite's Book of Ceremonial Magic, The Keys of Solomon, the Simon Necronomicon, and the Simon Necronomicon Spellbook, but so much of the Book of Ceremonial Magic and the Keys of Solomon requires much greater resources than I could ever hope to pull together and an immense time commitment for the proper fasting and the like, and something about the Simon books just feels kinda fishy to me. I'm also not terribly interested in attempting to perform black magic; while reading about it is fascinating, I'm more interested in just understanding the cosmos and my place in it than I am in binding spirits to go do shit for me in the material world.

What grimoires are beginner-grade? Or should I just stick to learning theory and the like first with the Hermetica and Agrippa?
>>
>>17494534
Go for the Picatrix. It's the OG grimoire. It's in the library.

Simon Necronomicon is more than a bit fishy.
>>
>>17492728
>>17492849

I still need people who write on these things.
I can also make a forum under lvxnox.com for more particular discussions, relating to any one system. But I do think that /x/ is the least cumbersome for people to use.
>>
>>17493125
>Ledochowski's Self Hypnosis course only has pdfs and not the tapes so that doesn't seem too effective for a beginner either.

It works fine without the tapes.
It's a process. And really, self-hypnosis only goes that far before you need to get into hardcore theory in order to get more complex suggestions in.

As for Elman, if you can do the Elman induction on someone else, you can do it on yourself.

The biggest mistake people make with self-hypnosis is, that they try to give themselves suggestions WHILE in the hypnotic state. This obviously brings them partially out of it, which in turn makes the process work so much less.

What you want to do is, fill your mind with the suggestion you want (read it from a piece of paper, so you don't have to use your working memory as much), and then drop into the self-hypnosis, and relax your mind entirely.

You might notice that what happens is, the suggestions you wanted to give yourself just disappear from your conscious mind; forgotten. Or rather, made unconscious. Which is the desired result of a self-hypnosis session.

Compare to Sigil Charging techniques from Chaos Magic.

>>17493141
>Be assertive and assume you'll know more than you do.

I.e. be like a fucking SHARK.

>Absolute confidence and unerring belief is a must.

No, they're not. But they help, to the extent where your belief doesn't stop you from growing.

>Also a total lack of morals.

Entirely disagreed.

>>17493273
>Tapes are downloading but only 1 seeder

I potentially could pop them up somewhere for you. Also, belief is irrelevant. You don't want to "believe". You also don't want to "hope" that it works. Just do it, and see how you feel.

>>17493299
>Then know that it works because you believe it doesn't and it doesn't, which is self hypnosis.

Belief has nothing to do with hypnosis, period.
>>
>>17494668
This is not easy to figure out exactly what you mean by this. The problem is what you mean by certain terms as corresponging to to what part of the process I am in. I don't normally study this, so what you mean isn't obvious. So I am going to paraphrase you, and then you are going to correct me where I am wrong (if you would)

here it goes:

>Don't make the mistake of trying suggestions while you are very deep

>before you even start the process of changing your brain state, fill your mind with your suggestion, preferable have it writtten out

>then when you are in the beginning to intermediate stages drop the suggestions in, sort of when you are "on your way"

>then go ahead and let yourself get deep, without trying to do anything else (especially not dropping in suggestions)
>>
>>17494644

If it's going to be done, it'll be done right. I agree that /x/ is convenient. In retrospect, last year's false start was a blessing. What I suspected then is now comfirmed.
>>
>>17494789
>before you even start the process of changing your brain state, fill your mind with your suggestion, preferable have it writtten out

Basically, write it on a piece of paper, read it out several times, with a loose mindset of "I'm reading this, and it'll work".

No tension, only focus.

>then when you are in the beginning to intermediate stages drop the suggestions in, sort of when you are "on your way"

No. Just go into trance and stop doing anything.

>then go ahead and let yourself get deep, without trying to do anything else (especially not dropping in suggestions)

Basically focus on relaxing your body and mind.

It's a two step thing.

A) Fill your conscious mind with your suggestions.
B) Go into trance and just be there.

What will happen is, the suggestions will get sucked into your subconscious, and you'll more often than not forget about them, until you get out of trance. It's not a marker of success, but it happens. It also works if you don't, as long as you just focus on being there.

>>17494795
Which is?
>>
>>17494798
>Which is?

No way in hell it was going to work. I don't think an AA knock-off is the way to go. Rekt was a symptom, not a cause of the disorder and confusion. He did us a huge favor revealing himself too early like that.
>>
>>17494803
>>17494798
so what did happen with the ill fated order?
>>
>>17494804

Stillborn, basically. No one was ready, yet there was an attempt to press on, anyway. Some sperg lord tried to con his way into being recognized as holdimg degrees he clearly did not have. Hilarity ensued, but it took what little steam there was in the project.
>>
>>17493140
>Have you read any books on the subject?

On that matter, mainly Konstantinos summoning and the Psychonaut Field Manual, but they contradict each other, and also contradict the experiences of many /x/philes; AND also we got all the scary Ouija stories; which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the same concept.

When somebody just appears to grant you a favor out of nothing you should be a little paranoid. Nobody does that. Why should entities be different? Also, how can you be sure you've contacted what you want and not just a faker?
Konstantinos says that you have to force them to write their names "because you know, spirits are forbiden to write anything but their names"; but this (and the whole book) sounds so terribly RP s taken from an anime or something, even if power it taps on is real
>>
>>17494811
>Dubs
Everything /x/ tries to create seems to end the same way. Things need a body before a name will do it any good.

>>17494818
>Konstantinos
Two W:TM threads in one day.
>blueflake
Cabbage

Okay, where to start.
Andrews, regardie, AMORC, everything I've read that's worth a damn. The first thing you do is create your little mental garden, your astral sanctum. Your little space, and you say only friendly things can come in here, and because you get to lord over your own space, only good things can come in there. Most of the things that hang around you, the things that will be near enough to you to hear when you open the door, will be things that are interested in you anyway. Guardian spirits, spirit guides, little helpful things that will help you because they already have an interest in you.

Beyond that, in order to deal with something you have to have a way to get in touch with it. Visiting it's little spot in the eather, calling its name. But anyway, in these cases you'll be knowing what you're dealing with because you'll have read on it before hand.

Mind you dealing with random shit in random places is eminently possible, but that's a skill you have to develope, not something that just happens to you.

Tl:dr What you read was crap. read something else
>>
>>17494798
ok, interesting, thanks
>>
>>17494831
Well, that seems very helpful! I'll look into that, thank you! Should I find them on the OP's library?
>>
>>17494842
here start with this
https://mega.nz/#!kgExGTrJ!W3H0Tx9arGc5eJMeXidnVW1pGTwLA1-3gYWDQxZg5eI

And when the new age ramblings in that get a bit dull switch to this
https://mega.nz/#!JlNw2LiR!MEzQV_oSd5G2-k7ijPRcfq_UeDWeAeoW-hSMQ7ds-dU

and by the time regardie's rather dry writing style has bored you, you should have enough of a footing to do whatever it is you feel like pursuing
>>
>>17494831
>Everything /x/ tries to create seems to end the same way. Things need a body before a name will do it any good.

Yes, good observation. This was quasi-x, but it was close enough to risk serious infection.

Definitely needs a body And that is precisely what it did not have. Also, it wasn't rooted in anything. It had a Schroedinger's-Cat connection to the inner order. Bound to fail.

>>17494849

This man has it.
>>
>>17494798
What about recording suggestions and playing them back while in trance and fucked off elsewhere? Does that work?
>>
>>17492922
I have to buy Deviant Science to scan, so that I can cite it to /sci/ scum, but I have so much on my scan list...
Does anyone here have it?
>>
>>17494880
That sounds like a plan. The thing is, if you focus on doing something other than just opening your mind, it might not work. It's not well-researched, as it's related to subliminal mind control a tad.
>>
Aesop's fables felt like a collection of mystic wisdom.
>>
>>17492729

>osiris dionysus etc.
>entities

Thats not what i'm really saying at all. I'm talking about the inside of you. Like how sophia is the bottled up kundalini in our root chakra. I wanted to know more about who osiris is in that kind of inner context.
>>
File: impossibly euphoric.jpg (165KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
impossibly euphoric.jpg
165KB, 1032x774px
>>17493333
>e.a. koetting
No matter how much people say he "knows his stuff", I can't get over his edgy early 2000's mallgoth vibe.
>>
>>17494534
>the Keys of Solomon requires much greater resources than I could ever hope to pull together and an immense time commitment for the proper fasting and the like
As far as I know, a botched up operation can be successful anyway. L. Milo Duquette says his first experiences with goetia worked fine for him without any proper implement or fasting. That said, I have never pulled off an evocation, so I have no real experience to share with you, but talking with more experienced people, everybody says goetic magic is the easiest and safest to practice. I am thinking in beginning with goetia later this year, so now I' getting to memorize the rituals and getting the implements (even if they are cheap props).
>>
File: koetting2.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
koetting2.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>17495270
>>
Taking a few step outside the basement is usually enough to meet new people and, after some practice, make new friends.

But are there magics to specifically increase the odds of meeting influent people willing to help the magician (with his career, spiritual journey...)

(Please note I am not asking about contacting the HGA and spirit mentors, but actual human beings)
>>
>>17495304
Goetia actually deals with petty stuff like this. I think Amon may help you with that, as he can find you a qt3.14
>>
>>17495304
>But are there magics to specifically increase the odds of meeting influent people willing to help the magician

Yes. Be hella good at what you do, and base your practice on building long-lasting business relationships.
>>
>>17495304
>But are there magics to specifically increase the odds of meeting influent people willing to help the magician

Do your homework, that way you'll recognize someone who knows their shit and be able to understand what they tell you.
>>
>>17495333
Goetia is where I looked first. Making friends and "procuring the favor of kings" seems to be as close to "networking magic" as they go. I'll have to ask them directly whether "kings" can be understood in a more 2016 way.

Also: nice trips!

>>17495335
This goes without saying. But being good at something doesn't warrant being noticed by the right people, esp. on shortish notice.

>>17495349
You cannot separate the wheat from the chaff before the harvest. How do you draw powerful people to you?
>>
>>17495359
>But being good at something doesn't warrant being noticed by the right people, esp. on shortish notice.

Yes, yes it does. You just go like "by the way, I do this thing, and we can cooperate in way X, Y and Z. if you're interested, give me a call, here's my card".

It's not rocket science. Just be hella good.

>How do you draw powerful people to you?

Usually by talking to them. Also never deal with people whom you consider equal or worse to you.
>>
>>17495363
>Usually by talking to them

I get that. But sometimes you don't know who they are, they don't know whou you are, and there's no obvious watering hole where you might stumble upon each other.
>>
>>17495372
>But sometimes you don't know who they are, they don't know whou you are, and there's no obvious watering hole where you might stumble upon each other.

Business meets. Also use Google. When I started into professional hypnosis, what I did was, find all the hypnotists in my area, and asking for a barter in order to get myself into far-too-expensive-at-the-time trainings and certification programmes. 6 months later, I am certified by the two most prestigious hypnosis organizations in the world, and easily fit into the top 0.01% of hypnotists around.

TL;DR: it's entirely fine if you call people out of the blue with a mutually beneficial business proposal. You even SHOULD be doing it.
>>
What do you occultists think about the ouija? Dangerous? Fake? Pleb?
>>
>>17495359

It doesn't matter, if you can't recognize them when you've found them.
>>
>>17495377

Pleb.
>>
>>17495377
Not supernatural.

>>17495379
Good point.
>>
>>17495376
>call people out of the blue with a mutually beneficial business proposal
Didn't work so far, partly because my trade makes "mutually beneficial" quite impossible. They don't need me as much as I need them, etc.
Divination repeatedly advised against a career change (that I'm considering anyway, but don't tell my yarrow sticks), so I'm looking for the… junzi?

>hypnosis
Have you read the article by Laurence Sugarman in the 12 March issue of New scientist?
Spoiler: I think he's full of shit.

>>17495379
That is not the problem at hand.
>>
>>17495428
>That is not the problem at hand.

How do you know? What is the epistemological basis of your belief?
>>
>>17495428
>my trade makes "mutually beneficial" quite impossible

What do you do?

>>17495428
>Have you read the article by Laurence Sugarman in the 12 March issue of New scientist?

Nope. I don't buy my reading. What's he say?
>>
>>17495445
>What's he say?
"My colleagues and I propose that hypnosis is simply a skill set for influencing people. It involve facial expression, language, body movement, tone of voice, intensity, metaphor, understanding how people interpret and represent things. It isn't something you're in, or that you do. That means it's not a therapy; it's a means to therapy."

"the most therapeutic influence tends to be the act of being heard"

"trance is a process of intense learning"

Dunno, tell me what you think. (I'm out, I'll read you later)
>>
>>17495457
Sounds like he's one of the Ericksonian crowd. They're decent for general communication skills, but they're god-awful for medical purposes (which is what we want/ need).

Let me address this point by point, so as to clarify. Assuming he's Ericksonian, I'll respond from the Dave Elman perspective:

>"My colleagues and I propose that hypnosis is simply a skill set for influencing people.

Hypnosis as a verb is a cooperative process of hypnosis as a noun.

Hypnosis as a noun is the bypassing the critical faculty of the conscious mind and establishing acceptable selective thinking.

Hypnotic trance is stabilizing hypnosis into a state, rather than a moment's event.

>It involve facial expression, language, body movement, tone of voice, intensity, metaphor,

All irrelevant, aside from language. They can be helpful, but they are symptoms of hypnosis, not in any way related to what it actually is.

>understanding how people interpret and represent things.

Irrelevant. In a medical context, hypnosis lies in the most literal interpretation of any given word.

>It isn't something you're in, or that you do. That means it's not a therapy; it's a means to therapy."

It is something that you do. The hypnotist guides, the hypnotee does. Hypnosis in and of itself CAN be a complete therapy, within a certain frame. There is no equivalent to hypnotic regression therapy that doesn't involve hypnosis in one way or another, as an example.

>"the most therapeutic influence tends to be the act of being heard"

No. Just. Fucking. No. The most therapeutic influence IS the act of understanding and changing/ releasing emotional charges attached to memories. Which is an entirely different thing altogether to "talking" about ones problems.

>"trance is a process of intense learning"

Hypnotic trance is not a process. It's a state. Hypnosis is a process.

I believe what he wants to say is that hypnotic trance is a state with the potential to facilitate intense learning.
>>
>>17494849
The middle pillar is OK, im partial to it because I don't recognize YWHW but I guess it might work.

The summoning guides book looks like the fakest thing i've seen ever. Christ, seriously you get your guardian angel determined by the strong vowel of your name? Lol. The garden visualization as spirit firewall looks neat though.
>>
Yo Thoth 4chin deleted my thread so post your questions again in here if you really need answers that bad. I was searching for the tantraloka pdf
https://ia801004.us.archive.org/3/items/tantraloka/tantraloka.pdf
but I dont really remember the rest :/
>>
>>17494668
Oh wow, didn't expect to see any more responses to that post, thanks Anon. I appreciate you offering to upload the tapes but I think it'll be fine now, I left it up running throughout the night and got the first two nights down already so it'll finish up eventually.

>Compare to Sigil Charging techniques from Chaos Magic.

So in both chaos and self-hypnosis, the idea is to go into a kind of gnostic state where the suggestion is absorbed w/o interference from the conscious? If so then that clears a lot of stuff up for me. Thanks Anon. I'll be continuing with Ledochowski's tapes
>>
>>17496036
>gnostic state
No such thing. But beyond that, yes.
>>
>>17496073
Thank you!
>>
>>17495503
Oh he really is given to some asinine new age nonsense. In some of his other books he gets to chapters of word salad about "cosmic christ" and "celestial buddha". Personally I think it's a laugh, and should help keep you from taking it to seriously. But the exercises are well laid out and easy to understand, so it's worth a read.
>>
>>17495006
So all I can do is go into a trance and do nothing? I'm going to try things and see what works.

What are some rather safe suggestions to use for testing? The plan is to use one suggestion in an open state and another playing while I putter around my little mental wizard tower, doing wizard laundry and fucking aboutnin the garden.

Don't judge, it's more relaxing than just relaxing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rL84ezchV8
>>
File: 1241456705072.gif (1014KB, 272x260px) Image search: [Google]
1241456705072.gif
1014KB, 272x260px
last post
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.