[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (22KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 625x352px
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, but i just had my first expirience with sleep paralysis, and it was terrifying my mind was conscious but my body was being held down by this really tall shadow creature. I couldn't move at all I remember yelling my guts out but nobody heard me. That black creature thing kept staring at me and sat on my chest. I would have to blame my lack of sleep on this, I work at a warehouse for 12 hours and get like 4 hours of sleep everyday. Anybody else had sleep paralysis experiences?
>>
>>17487481
All the time. I often have sleep paralysis marathons where I'll get paralysed, wake up, go back to sleep, get paralysed, repeat... like, upwards of five times in a row. I hate being alive
>>
I had the skinny little Asian girl with long black hair crawl through my door and onto my bed. She just sat on my chest and watched me for a bit.
>>
I usually get ayy lmaos or dim blue lights when it happens to me, but usually I fall back asleep and it turns in to a dream. I don't know how to explain it well.
>>
>>17487513
Man that sucks this is my first time. I hope I never expirience it again but I probably will
>>
>>17487513

Heh. I get stuck in false awakening loops followed by a dose of sleep paralysis. It's always something trying to get into my bedroom window followed by a feeling of being pulled towards it.
>>
i've got so used to it i no longer see demons, it's just the paralysis which i use a way to lucid dreams. there's nothing to fear.
>>
File: asdfaa.png (178KB, 696x211px) Image search: [Google]
asdfaa.png
178KB, 696x211px
thats not a bed
this is a bed
>>
>>17487481

>>17475683
>>17475788
My experience.

>>17480471
>anon's exp
>>17482030
My response.

Interpreting these experiences is fun. I'm open to questions, spiritual and rational.
>>
>>17487555
>inception irl
>>
File: c2i_151201620841.png (2MB, 1118x660px) Image search: [Google]
c2i_151201620841.png
2MB, 1118x660px
>>17487481
I have a weird story. I was living with a now ex girlfriend. When I was living with her in a 2 bedroom flat in Fulham, London England. These flats were 175 years old. I digress, we were sleeping when I experienced my first sleep paralysis experience. I was convinced that it was aliens at first as my story coincided with abduction reports around the globe. Fast forward four years later, I had split with her soon after my first sleep para expo. Not on good terms. So when my friend who just got out of prison in 2013 offered me his flat to rent for half the money it was worth I snapped up the chance. It was in the same building as my old ex but she had moved out at this point and I was four floors above my old flat. Thought nothing of it. Moved in and all was perfect. No drama... until I went to sleep one night in this flat and had the most intense sleep paralysis I had experienced. It was continuous every Night for 3 weeks until I decided screw this I'm gone. And haven't experienced sleep paralysis since. So I'm thinking, perhaps it is a geological thing?
>>
I'll never understand why sleep paralysis always causes shadowy figures and they always climb on your chest. I know it's primarily due to the falling sensation you get and I know it's just because you're scared but goodness me its the fucking eeriest thing when you think about it.
>>
File: 1454875739354.png (153KB, 333x254px) Image search: [Google]
1454875739354.png
153KB, 333x254px
I just had one stick around for like 2 days ago and stand over me while i died for a little bit. It was pretty alright.
>>
>>17487616
It's your being in the REM state still while awake, is what causes the hallucinations. You should read into the different types of sleep paralysis, and hypnopompic as well as hypnogognic hallucinations. In regards to why these figures may be appearing on your chest....Have you had a history of depression, anxiety, or has anything been bothering you lately?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 851x315px
>>17487481
Haha, fuck that shit.
I had a "something" shriek at me silently while I tried to turn away, as it was right next to my face.
Worst experience of my life, and went on forever.
>>
>>17487481
I've read similar reports to this experience.
Never experienced the phenomena myself so sorry OP.
What I make of it is complicated but the short version is basically this: evil spirits m8.
Multi-dimensional beings, NBE's (Non-Biological Entities) essentially.

It's definitely a real thing though. Too many reports exist on the subject for it to all be fabricated.
There is, to this day - no known cause or solution to the problem.

Some /x/threads will always remain a mystery..
>>
A few months ago I kept waking up in the middle of the night like 2-3am, after about a week of this happening I wake up with sleep paralysis and see a completely white figure hunched over in the corner and staring at me, after this no more randomly waking up in the middle of the night.
I get Sleep paralysis once or twice a year and the only time i've ever hallucinated anything is the above story.
I once got sleep paralysis when I was sleeping face down, it felt like someone was kneeling across my back and arm, when I got up the next day I had a bruise on my back and arm, I just assume i'd gotten the bruise beforehand, diddn't notice and then dreamed the whole thing.
>>
my mom had it all the time, she described the tall black figure also and said it dragged her off the bed once, she was even on Montel Williams to ask the "psychic" Sylvia Brown (who gave her some bullshit story) about it.
>>
File: image_7 (1).jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image_7 (1).jpg
27KB, 500x500px
Actually, the old vietnemese legend, the Dab Tsog, sits on you until you suffocate. My experience was more like that of the Old Hag legend, the shadowy figure tried to choke me
>>
>>17487481
Next time you see a shadow person try adn communicate with it. Be patient and calm. You can befriend them. They're not evil, they just feed off emotions, and teh easiest emotion to elicit is fear. Don't beleive the "they're evil monsters from hell" fear mongers
>>
>>17487971
Really can you Green text it?
I'm really interested.
>>17487987
Wow I've never seen anyone else on here except me know this.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-14-22-10-50.png (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-14-22-10-50.png
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>17487971
When I had it, I hallucinated getting dragged off the bed too. Say what you will about them, but the song Sleep by My Chemical Romance is about sleep paralisis and I think its really good
>>
>>17487987
This a good idea I'm going to try it out next time I expirience it I panicked and it got the best of me
>>
File: tzxLXgil.jpg (37KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
tzxLXgil.jpg
37KB, 640x437px
Although not sleep paralysis, I'm pretty sure I witnessed a shadow something the other day

>sleep on a nocturnal schedule
>will sometimes wake up when there's still a few hours of sunlight
>bedroom windows are covered by styrofoam
>some light still manages to get in
>length of bed is under window
>desk and TV are on wall opposite of window
>wake up around 7 pm
>sun is just setting, so it's kinda dark in my room
>in a groggy daze I look around my room
>mfw noticing a tall figure standing in front of my tv
>a moment later it was gone

Never experienced anything like that before, not sure how I felt after
>>
>>17488364
happens to everyone dont worry about it its literally just your mind playing tricks on you
>>
>>17487513
you should probably speak to your doctor
>>
I've gotten it from time to time, mostly after waking up and going back to sleep right after. One time that will always stick with me was when I felt something warm beside me in bed but I could not see it, it did not seem harmfull. Just yesterday I was napping on the couch, waiting for my girlfriend to come home I saw the door open and figures come in. Often I see people I know that are in the house but they dont ever remember coming into my room. is this just my mind playing tricks with me? or is it something external that is accesible in that state.
>>
I get it 80% of the time I sleep on my back, especially if I was drinking the night before.

My first memory of having it was when I was around 10-11:

>I'm in bed, my door is open, I'm just relaxing, not really trying to go to sleep
>Remember thinking about how I didn't kiss my girlfriend on a double-date watching Happy Feet
>Suddenly become aware of myself again
>Begin to hear noises coming from outside my room
>It sounded as if it was coming from my Dad's room
>Sounds like people are jumping on his bed, running outside and slamming doors and quickly opening them again
>Eyes fixated on my open door, expecting someone or something to run into my room
>Decide to try and move, realise I can't
>Sound of multiple people vigorously running up and down the stairs, slamming doors, jumping on beds gets increasingly louder
>It starts to die down, at this point I'm trying to call for my dad
>Half of an old woman's face slowly peaks around my door, but it's all blurry and neon-esque
>I snap out of it and don't move for another 10 minutes
>After a while go back to sleep

SP isn't scary anymore, though. I've had it since then a minimum of 5 times a month, upwards of 4 times a week when I drink excessively. It's like going on a rollercoaster...once you've been on it enough, it loses its edge and you get bored.

I did have a pretty uncomfortable one a year or so back, though which wasn't visual hallucinations, but a feeling as if my body was having a seizure. I felt like I could hardly breath and my whole body felt as if it was spasming and I had no control over it. The weird thing about this one was I didn't feel myself 'snap' out of it, everything felt exactly the same and I thought I was still dreaming for a good 2 minutes.
>>
File: Black Cloud Entity.jpg (71KB, 736x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Black Cloud Entity.jpg
71KB, 736x1091px
>>17487481
>Be me
>8 or 9
>Have quad level house
>Room is just above basement
>Always thought I heard people in my basement
>Laughter of children and adults speaking when my siblings are sleeping.
>Thought nothing of it until this night.
>I go to sleep at 9 PM
>All is well while asleep.
>Awake from my slumber.
>Can't move or talk
>I panic and try to yell out for my mother
>I glance at the clock in my eye darting frenzy
>3:33 am
>Look towards the door
>A black mass like a cloud was floating in the door way
>Flight reflexes kick in
>Still can't move my body or scream
>Can feel the sweat seeping out of my body
>I grow cold and can feel my body vibrating
>Can't breathe now
>Suddenly feels like i had just gotten the wind knocked out of me
>Black cloud mass still in door way as if it were staring at me
>It looked sentient. As if it reacted to my fear
>Start crying out of fear because 8 or 9
>Suddenly a squeak comes out
>I realize I have the power to speak now
>I scream "Go away!"
>It reacts; and the cloud grew bigger
>I hear the footsteps of my mother running down the stairs
>The cloud disappears
>Not a fade away, or dissipate effect.
>Just ceases to exist.
>Fall back asleep after watching some cartoon

Always knew it was a figment of my imagination.
But, you could imagine the fear I felt being a child.

Figure it was worth a share.

I never seen it again, but I became paranoid of ghosts after that.
Turned into a faggot and couldn't sleep without a dim source of light on.

The cloud was very weird looking.
Black in the middle like a nasty storm cloud, with an outer shell.

Like a cell membrane.

It would expand and contract when ever I felt jolts of fear and panic.

Figure this was worth the share.
>>
>>17490284
Realize I said figure it was worth the share twice. Had to copy and paste.
Apologies for my faggotry
>>
>>17487513
Stop sleeping on your back, sleep sideways
>>
>>17487481
I didn't have sleep paralysis until I read about sleep paralysis. Funny.
>>
File: 1444274245532.jpg (13KB, 403x261px) Image search: [Google]
1444274245532.jpg
13KB, 403x261px
>>17487481
I had a really weird sleep experience, which I'm not sure if it could be considered sleep paralysis.
>Be 13-14
>Be in bed
>Wake up in the middle of the night, need to go to the bathroom
>Dad comes out of the bathroom, gets slightly angry and lectures me for being awake so late.
>Return to bed.
>Open eyes.
>There's a black, dark figure with a trench-coat or something standing on the door.
>He starts advancing towards me slowly. I notice he is floating.
>Everything starts getting dizzy as he gets closer and closer.
>Suddenly complete darkness.
>A deep, scary voice (definitely not my father's or anyone's in the house) whispers "Good night" to my ear.
>Wake up freaking out.

I don't know if it was sleep paralysis or not desu.
>>
>>17487481
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_(folklore)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.