[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

I've been having sleep paralysis lately (if you don't know it's essentially being awake but your body is still asleep essentially paralyzed while you still dream, you start hallucinating you nightmare) and every time I have it it feels more and more real, does anyone else have this problem ? And if so how do you deal with it ?
>>
>>17486316
I believe this 'problem' is physical, not spiritual/'spooky'
>>
>>17486316
I found that the more I thought about my sleep paralysis episodes, the more I had them. So maybe if you try not to think about it so much it won't be as big of an issue? Just a thought.
>>
>>17486316
Slap on them headphones and listen to some sweet tunes, it works for my hypnagogic hallucinations, which is similar.
>>
Actually fell into that last night. I was thinking about the beach trip I'll be having with friends soon and I transitioned to sleep/right to a dream of my friends and me on an empty beach. Nobody was talking but we were all running through the water with blank expressions; it was spooky. Anyways a wave rushed over me in the dream and I woke up, still hearing waves and not able to move. I knew what was happening so I kept my eyes closed and got my body awake pretty quickly (Kill Bill style).

You just have to learn how to deal with sleep paralysis. You can help avoid it by sleeping with a leg crossed, but it has a chance of being cramped in the morning.
>>
File: eG4FhD1.jpg (23KB, 541x480px) Image search: [Google]
eG4FhD1.jpg
23KB, 541x480px
you ddont essspect me tttooo sleeeep outttssside dddooooo you? itsss waaaaaarm unnnder theeee hhhhhhouse
>>
>>17486316
Oh, good, I was about to go to bed.
>>
I have had these dreams where I move around and see my surroundings an still act like I am in my dream. I realized I was overfocusing on things. When I over focus I borderline obsess and have a hard time stopping the thoughta of what I was workig on this usually relates to stuff at work I was working on. I had slow down and limit how much I focused and calmed down and then they stopped.
>>
File: 1422583373444.jpg (9KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
1422583373444.jpg
9KB, 220x229px
>>17486371
>Living under the house
>Implying they don't live in complex tunnel systems spanning all over the neighborhood
>>
>>17486326
you are correct
>>
One time a dead guy with long thing greasy hair stood over me breathing and I couldn't move.
>>
>>17486316
Hi there OP, I thought I could give you some assistance on your problem.

When I was younger, I had a similar problem. I had a bad case of Mono, and it would make me sleep constantly. However, when I started to recover, my body would want to sleep, but my brain wouldn't follow. It's a rather terrifying experience.

One of the key things to fixing this is to develop a specific routine for when you want to fall asleep. Take a warm shower or fap right before you go to sleep. Do something rather mundane, but suitable right before you lay down. Also, laying in different positions is helpful. I found that for me, the best method was to sleep on the couch, turned to the back of it.

Also, if you become experienced with sleep paralysis, you could have an easier time achieving a lucid dream. It was about this same time that I gained the ability to control my dreams and remember them wholely. So, don't immediately see it as a bad thing. If you learn to submit to the dreams, you can eventually seize the opportunity to gain control. Eventually this could give you quite a bit of time every couple of nights to have clear dreams that you can control.
>>
I had a weird one a week and a half ago. Only ever had one other one involving the smoke monster from LOST the first time I watched it through.

But I was dreaming about investigating a haunted mansion or something, and I woke up to see a spooky silhouette of a black lab retriever dog with glowing eyes. I was laying kind of sideways and as you're paralyzed, couldn't turn my head. I eventually passed back out, but I remember that moment and the dream so vividly that that morning I had to get on my phone and Google "ghost black lab dog new york" to check if there was any real rumors. Creepy shit.
>>
>>17488764
Tell me about the smoke monster. I've never seen lost.

My first negative experience with sleep paralysis was when I was about 16. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was just getting over Mono, (If you've ever had it, you know that first week after you feel constantly high and sleepy, but your body suddenly has a great deal of energy from being a slug for several weeks.) Anyway, I was asleep, when something suddenly made me wake up. Like, it felt like it physically shook me. I remember trying to look over at my clock, but I couldn't move. I suddenly realized that I wasn't aware of whether I was breathing, but I smelled smoke. I could only make out the outline of a figure at the foot of my bed. He was standing there, like a smoldering pillar of ash, with red embers burning somewhere in his depths. Suddenly, I shot out of bed, and gasped, then gave out a shout with everything I had in me. The smoke detector in the hallway was going off, and my dad nearly broke the door down to get in the room. My whole family laughed to see I was okay.

I guess my mind heard the smoke detector, and made the image before I woke up. It scared the shit out of me. There was a little light that indicated the battery was dead in the smoke detector.
>>
I have sleep paralysis like once a week or every other week. It started probably when I was 16 but I thought I was having a nightmare so I shrugged them off till around 20. I would say 6 or 7 months after I turned 20 I went to bed uncomfortable and slept on my back. I awoke but unable to move. Again I knew the routine so I closed my eyes and tried to let my brain sleep but I couldnt close my eyes. Ive also been told I sleep with my eyes open. My mother often explains how she told me something thinking im awake or my girlfriend would be scared that im constantly staring as she slept. So I was on my back able to look around but not move my head. Now the nightmare began as I hear breathing from my bedroom door. The door did open despite the fact I lock my door. At first I saw my brother but then the door was closed and everything was fine. Like suddenly logic took over for a second. I tried to shake, move, yell to break the paralysis and it honestly feels like I'm having a seizure. Then I feel something clime on top of me. Sudden pure fear. I pray like hell and try to lift myself upward. I stopped breathing and focused on closing my eyes. A dark static like figure sits over me while I stare straight at it. I hear the static. It was so loud. Almost like white noise. The moment I feel like I'm about to break through and yell out for help i wake up casually like nothing happened still on my back in a cold sweat. I somehow feel safe enough to lay to my side away from the door and try to not think about what happened.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (183KB, 360x351px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
183KB, 360x351px
>>17486316
lots of ppl (myself as well) having it from time to time..

well, in that second that you figure that you're in that state just relax and it would over.

:)
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>17486352
This.
I remember going to bed with the Elder scrolls: Oblivion soundtrack playing on my headphones years ago. I had an episode of sleep paralysis and it was nice with the pleasant music, my room just kind of glowed like it was outside and the sun was shining.

P cash desu senpai
>>
Don't sleep on your back
>>
>>17486316
I never have nightmare/hallucinating

When this happens weird ?

I've had it about 20 times
>>
>>17486316
I have had sleep paralysis all my life. I had it a bunch of times when I was a kid, and now I have it rarely (maybe 3 times a year). It's not that crazy, there is scientific explanations for it. I used to get really scared when I'd get it. Mainly because when I experience it I can't breathe either. I start panicking for a good 30 seconds but it feels like a few minutes. Can't even move a finger.
In my experience I always have it occur in a dream (usually a nightmare. If it isn't one already, it turns into one.). I'll experience the paralysis mid-dream and then quickly wake up and be experiencing it irl. My mind starts racing, and since I'm usually staring at my ceiling I begin to see things such as my ceiling coming down towards me to crush me.
It's weird shit, but not paranormal in my opinion.
>>
Honestly you should probably see a psychologist about it if you really progresses.

Also this >>17494080 Move your bed against a wall if you possibly can and lay on your side facing it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.