[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else here truly enlightened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: Alex_Grey-Oversoul.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey-Oversoul.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
Is anyone else here truly enlightened?
>>
not everyday.
>>
True full enlightenment takes a limitless amount of time to achieve as there is an infinite amount of knowledge to attain/discover, and we humans only have such limited time here.
>>
Remember yourself, thou art that
>>
But i may elaborate.
I have undersood the subtext of occultism and doctrines. What really matters and is hidden in plain sight.
The mecanism of the micro and macrocosm.
But
We are still trapped in our flesh.
>>
>>17483817
This
>>
>>17483798
>implies self is "truly enlightened"
>spends time on /x/

Okay.
>>
>>17483823
>still trapped in our flesh
That is no way to look at it, your body is the temple of the living God and we are here upon the Earth, the Kingdom, Malkuth ben.
>>
>>17483815

Intellectual knowledge is different from 'it'

Enlightenment isn't much. Just a lack of attachments. But it can be very enjoyable.

Think of it as a remodel in a home, except the home is your mind and the goal is to remove the home piece by piece.
>>
>>17483817
I am what?
>>
>>17483817
You forget how to speak modern English there, Count Twatula? Save the thee and thou shit for your high school drama club.
>>
>>17483900
Enlightenment exist in many forms, it is simply being knowledgeable in wide array of things including the "it" and most importantly the "I".
Seeking to better yourself and the world with what you know. Else there is no point, do not believe in deception that you are above flesh, above being an animal, you will not escape out. Escape into this world and bring peace, love and kindness with you dear friend.

There is no Magical sky fairy and we most certainly aren't better then everything else.
>>
File: 1436637236104.jpg (38KB, 320x440px) Image search: [Google]
1436637236104.jpg
38KB, 320x440px
>pic related
>>
File: 1440975355152.gif (97KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440975355152.gif
97KB, 400x400px
>>
>>17483983
nope.
I am.
that's IT and EVERYTHING.
>>
>>17483798
It depends. What's your definition of enlightened?
>>
perhaps. i had a moment of perception change the degree of which was similar to being in a pitch black room and having the light switch turned on. every since then i've been in bliss/joy 24/7 and no longer have any problems in my life. dunno if this is enlightenment, but its good enough for me as to make the concern irrelevant
>>
>>17483880
>your body is the temple of the living God

A temple that requires almost daily sacrifice of organic and living matter to keep working.

Why does "god" makes us kill to be able to survive, but then say killing is wrong?
>>
I'm "enlightened." People don't really get how I can just be ok with everything. I tell people I'm not really attached to anything or anyone. I just do what I need to do when I need to do it. I think it scares people.

When my mom died, I didn't cry, I was relieved for her ( she suffered a lot.) People think I'm a sociopath and I don't feel. I do feel, it just doesn't matter that I feel.

When you realize your own feelings don't matter, you can have great empathy. Does that mean you fall down for people, no. It just means you can realize their situation. Do you become some super wise and awesome decision maker, no. You'll simply be able to move on faster.

Blah blah blah, ad infinitum.
>>
>>17484227
The Book of Samuel answers this question...
God does not delight in the fat of rams or in sacrifice/burnt offerings - He delights in us actually doing good deeds.
>>
>>17483983
Is
>>
File: 1457283678782.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457283678782.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>17484301
That Is That Is
>>
It's not us who are concious in an unconcious universe, it is the universe which is concious through what is really an unconcious body. The body is not who we are, It's simply a tool by which the universe can expreience itself, and so is everything else. Everything that exists is the manifestation of God/universe (whatever you call it), either concious or not. God is both creation and creator at the same time. There is no separation at all, you are God, and so is everyone else, we are all the same fundamentally. Nothing this universe consists of can be anything but the universe itself, how could something possibly be. Where would it then have come from, and where would it then end up.
>>
>>17484294
I don't have a Book of Samuel.
So, please answer why do we need to sacrifice organic, living matter to fuel our bodies if killing is wrong
>>
>>17483823
i know what you mean op but it's fleeting.
before enlightenment, chop wood & carry water.
after enlightenment, chop wood & carry water.
>>
File: __delphic 01.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
__delphic 01.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
>>17483798
pic related
>>
>>17483823
Do you wanna be trapped in the flesh or do you wanna be a super hero?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d1gWCHtSH8
>>
Is DMT a tool to achieve enlightenment?
>>
>>17484811
Cryptic bullshit that doesn't explain anything.
It doesn't help, its boastful. Its vague.

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1454140028999.jpg (2MB, 2990x2966px) Image search: [Google]
1454140028999.jpg
2MB, 2990x2966px
>>
>>17483798
Yeah but he left about 2000 years ago
>>
You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty. “Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
>>
>>17485159
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.” You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.” “So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
>>
>>17485159
>>17485160
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where do you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.” “Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back. “I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
>>
>>17485159
>>17485160
>>17485165
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.
>>
Be one with God. That is it.
>>
>>17483798
I would have to say... If one claims be enlightened.. I would be wary of self proclaimed gurus. The path is ever unfolding. We will forever have aspects that can be improved. Perfection doesnt exist in this universe.
>>
No. And unless I'm mistaken about enlightenment, I don't think human beings are strong enough to be constantly enlightened.

Speaking about that.
Please read this (even if my english is terrible) and tell me if you understand something because I'm a bit "lost", : I'm relatively new to spirituality and esoterism/occult/etc.
The only thing I've been actively doing besides taking care of my body (diet + sport, whereas before those 2 were terrible, also currently trying to stop alcohol and cigarette) is meditation.

And today something happened. Not sure if it's permanent and how I acheived it, but something seemed to have clicked in my head.
I was driving and trying to consider how everything on this world was not what it seemed and was supposed to be when you look at it from a "normal" society standpoint.
Like, seeing everything naked. No authority, no materialism, etc.
At some point I started feeling really bad like I was gonna puke or faint, I don't know.
So I tried to go back to the ground, put some cheerful music on, opened the window...and since (about 5 hours now), I feel extremely detached from the world. But in a good way. I'm supposed to be someone really nervous, dealing with anxiety, shy, etc. But currently I am not feeling any of this. I feel extremely relax and I act differently towards people, very confident.
This is really weird, I wonder if this is permanent and how it happened (I had a 30 mn meditation before going to bed yesterday, it was pretty powerful but also very free, no goals, and I don't remember much about it)
>>
>>17485443
that sounds hot
>>
>>17485456
Yeah, it's really exciting, but also a bit scary.
Actually scary is the wrong word, since I don't feel any fear about anything right now. But a part of my brain is telling me "is this normal? Are you alright? This happened so fast, just like that. Should it?"
Maybe it's just a phase, even if it's starting to get pretty long now, and I don't feel it will go away. More like I got rid of something.
>>
if you go on an imageboard to build a self-certainty about your enlightened state, you're a narcissist.
>>
Enlightenment is merely being able to regulate one's thoughts, to control and shut off one's internal monologue - the near-constant stream of thoughts and judgements one normally experiences. It is learned through and maintained by meditation (such as mindfulness meditation) and active introspective analysis (preferably via journaling and the act of writing to make one's thoughts concrete and permanent to analyze and modify.)

I used the word "merely" to emphasize the non-mystical aspect of enlightenment. It is a form of mental discipline, a skill learned over time. That said, enlightenment is very rare, and the vast majority of humanity is ruled by impulses, emotions, and the random garbage noise that goes through their head. This includes very successful people who while may be incredibly disciplined in some respects, lack it in the most fundamental way. Our world is set up to expect and exploit this as the state of affairs: people are patterns and statistics in the modern world.
>>
Out of curiosity, can "bad" (by society's morals and standards) people be enlightened?

Alternatively, what would happend if everyone was enlightened? Would "evil" disappear?
>>
>>17485503
You saw existence as it really is for the first time, without all the labels we put on things. Things are no longer "this" and "that" it's all the same. The moment we start giving names to everything we lose that underlying unity.
>>
>>17485537
Yes, anyone can be enlightened. It's just the realization of your true self, nothing more nothing less. If anything, I believe a bad person would start behaving better after such a realization, as to act bad then would simply be masochism.
>>
File: 1458316066856.png (509KB, 639x999px) Image search: [Google]
1458316066856.png
509KB, 639x999px
This pic pretty much sums up enlightenment. What you look at in front of you is yourself. You are not the body, you are the universe interacting with itself in the form which we call a human body. All that which the universe contains is but the universe itself.
>>
>>17483798
if they were, they wouldnt be bragging about it on the internet.
>>
>>17485554
good post
>>
>>17485797
Bragging and sharing are two different things.
>>
File: Into the.gif (999KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Into the.gif
999KB, 500x700px
One random night, I lay awake looking in the dim light at my wife, and then around at the room and it occurred to me that as every possible outcome exists as its own reality, there is somewhere a reality where I do not wake up in the morning, where she will arise to find a cold body beside her. In the same terrifying moment, I realized that by the definition of my experience of the world being a living one, I cannot possibly experience that world. Still, I mourned for that possible future widow of mine, imagined some tiny portion of that crushing wave of her grief.

Then my mind opened further, I saw every moment of my life, every millisecond is one where there is a possibility however small that life would simply cease. That there are an infinity of realities where I don't even finish this post, that the living me will never experience.

And then I looked around. I looked through the eyes of those around me, the lives they will live in realities that will be forever cut off from mme when they die from my perspective. I looked further forward, that as I age, not possibly being able to experience death, I will from my perspective outlive everyone I know. I will outlive money, family, possessions, I will outlive my health, my memories and the memories of anyone I've ever known, and eventually I will outlive my mind entirely.

As the self outlives the mind, falling into inevitable dementia, into age beyond medical impossibility. The physical reality that contains such a self becomes irrelevant. Those last thoughts, those last expectations of what happens next get stretched through a thread of reality like a body falling into a black hole.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.