[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times the Internet Spooked You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (64KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 1280x1024px
I remember a few years back, around 2011-2012, I was spending the evening watching some videos.

This was when Slenderman was relatively small (even though the game was already out). Before most 10 year olds freaked out about it.

I remember stumbling upon a video titled something like "Stop Watching Slenderman Videos".

I watched it, and it said not to watch or read too many things related to Slenderman, because it attracted him to people with knowledge of him or something like that. The guy who made the video also said it was the reason why the Slenderman was stalking him.

I was pretty spooked, but it's not true so whatever.
>>
Marble hornets. I remember that shit.
>>
>>17479954

>>a long long time ago
>>playing jedi knight dark forces 2 on microsoft zone
>>meet someone who gives me a link that needs a password to proceed
>>blank page, just wants a password
>>she gives me a password
>>i login
>>top to bottom spooky shit
>>i can't access any links passed first page
>>she says if I'm ready to have everything I've ever believed fucked with, she would give me more access
>>mfw I'm not ready
>>never hear of it again, or see her
>>fuck my younger self

I can't remember anything specific, it was over 15 years ago. I know it overwhelmed my adolescent brain.
>>
I don't know, I remember seeing that video back then as well. I had a friend stay the night and when he watched it, utterly broke down into a panic attack, cause it looked like something he seen as a child.

>friend sees spooky shit as a child
>friend has never heard of slenderman till '13 btw
>14 years later spooky Slenderman is formed and made relevant
>No tulpa has been found of slenderman yet

Overall, my story is it's not true until more and more stories are formed long before slenderman was created back in '07
>>
Anyone remember a youtube channel about a guy who finds this empty building that's haunted and then does a series of nights there, sometimes with different people and sometimes alone?

It went on for quite a while.
>>
>>17479954
Good ol Marble Hornets
>>
>>17480191
I remember something like that!
God, what was that channels name tho..
>>
>>17480191
Only now Exploring with Josh and some other dudes linked to his channel.
Check him out maybe its what you are searching for
>>
>>17479954
Pretty much every story / post-new-media-microblogging-alternative-meta-narrative about slenderman is about how people don't think he's real but then he becomes real basically through meme magic
>>
>>17480460
No that's not it.

The one i'm thinking about was much more amateur and there wasn't really a format to it.

It was all based around this one building and the guy sort of become obsessed with it. After his friends got freaked out and didn't want to go there any more he kept going by himself and I remember he once had this paranormal crew go with him.
>>
File: 1405468187223.jpg (90KB, 705x607px) Image search: [Google]
1405468187223.jpg
90KB, 705x607px
>My first jump scare

I remember going around reporting all jump scare videos I could find from that point on because I didn't want people with heart conditions being affected.

Younger me had a heart for everyone.
>>
>>17480634

:3
>>
>>17479954
But isn't Marble hornets the channel that created Slenderman, I used to be hooked to those videos and plenty of other channels like them, even had a fear I was being stalked by him myself. Shaw him in places he really wasn't there. I only got out of it cuz it blew up with the games and kids. Plus I found Marble hornets second comedy channel and kinda ruined the whole illusion for me.
>>
>>17480862
>But isn't Marble hornets the channel that created Slenderman
NEW FAG ALERT!
>>
I loved MH. Anyone got any suggestions for MH-like media?
>>
>be me in the 90's
>enter chat room
>get bright idea out of the blue
>pretend to be pedo
>big bro walks in
>tells me I could actually get v& for it
>nope the fuck out of the internets
>>
File: FreakyLinks.png (28KB, 288x299px) Image search: [Google]
FreakyLinks.png
28KB, 288x299px
>>17479954
Back in late 1999 and early 2000, there was an explosion of horror themed spookiness going on, especially on the internet.

Home-made sites one places like Geocities were cropping up like kudzu. there was a ton of stuff out there that put /x/ to shame on its best day,....

So there I was, in the thick of it and got to emailing back and forth with a creator of one specific site called FreakyLinks. (pic obviously related) Site archived here: http://www.haxan.com/archived/freakylinks/

All sorts of creepy horror, mysticism, cryptid and general Fortean stuff was always on topic. Conversations in private email and on forums were going on steadily for months. The Site's creator, Derek Barnes, had an interesting personal investment in all of this, as Derek took over the site after his twin brother, Adam, died under mysterious circumstances.

Then one day I came across a small tv-industry trade release about an upcoming pilot called FearSum and it had a very familiar plot about a guy whose brother died under mysterious circumstances... I emailed Derek and he replies "Damn, you got me. They weren't supposed to release that info yet. I guess the cat's out of the bag. Don't tell anyone on the forums, let them find out on their own. Thanks!" And of course the guy let me in on who he really was as the website admin/creative director for the web presence of the show, and we kept in touch for awhile as the show developed...

Needless to say I was let down that it was all for a TV show, but then I thought, "Damn, this was cool and I was in on it from the get go!"

So it was spooky at first, a lot of cool stuff back then was, with Blair Witch and MTV's FEAR and all that stuff and the early days of GhostHunters before it wasn't so blatantly fake....

But yeah, good times.
>>
>>17481009
>>be me, 10 years old
So like, last week?
>>
>>17480869
It's newfag not "new fag" newfag.
>>
>>17481003
This guy gets it. Some of those cool sites are still up. Sometimes when I'm drunk I go back there. Those sites still have the feel to them.
>>
>>17481019
NEW FAG
>>
>>17481026
Yes they do, sir
>>
>>17481026
Speaking of which, when I get some time, I'll see if I can hunt up some of those and post them here. Should be something worth while...
>>
>>17481045
You can find them via google with ease. Also, jk cinema for the classic urban legends.
>>
>>17480634
that's cute
>>
>few years ago
>screamers arent this popular all over the web yet
>still an underage faggot
>read random spooky stories
>see a random link on the page
>click it
>boom bloody face all over the screen, screaming
>eternally traumatised by what was in the story(it included windows and mirrors, so general aversion to them)(idk why the story, I guess the screamer made it stuck in my brain because of unexpected shitload of fear all of sudden)
>>
File: 1448913932934.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1448913932934.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>17480174
Dude, I had to sleep over at a homies place when I heard of it around 13. Guess im not the only one who was mad spooped by it. (pre game I think)
>>
>>17481058
Fuck, I remember JK cinema

Used to scare my kid cousin by making him watch it with me
>>
File: 3.png (1MB, 1254x1009px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1MB, 1254x1009px
just thought of this

back in the day when limewire was still a thing, i downloaded an mp3 of 1979 by the smashing pumpkins and at the beginning of the song was static and then it went silent and then a voice whispered "i'm going to kill you". I figured it was the album version of the song until i actually bought the album. It freaked me out at first but it was probably just someone fucking with me and dammit i loved that song
>>
>>17480135
what kind of spooky are we talking here?
>>
>>17481772
also was song of Madonna with replied phrase "fuck you".
Just was thing against piracy by copyrightmuds.
>>
File: 1447732476968.jpg (620KB, 1054x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1447732476968.jpg
620KB, 1054x1500px
>>17481723
Oh no, I knew about Slender once it hit the something awful forums, homie just knew about it when he was a lil'fgt, i mean boy.
>>
>>17480874
Everyman hybrid was pretty good.
>>
>>17480081
Too bad the group went to shit recently, I was looking forward to their new series.
>>
File: aXm9657xjU.jpg (59KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm9657xjU.jpg
59KB, 650x650px
>limewire days
>see a file called DecapitationOrFuck.avi
>wut
>download
>russian soldier getting beheaded with the unholy sounds of gurgling piercing my mind
>i'veseensomeshit.mkv
>stunned for five minutes after that
>constant shaking and fidgeting for a whole month
>>
>>17481777

Spooky as everything from aliens to zombies. I couldn't get passed the front page though. Fuck I wish I could go back. It might have just been a more formal version of /x/ or it could have been an organized group of paranormal trackers.
>>
File: smile.jpg (72KB, 640x491px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
72KB, 640x491px
This shit really spooked me. I couldn't even look at it at first. But now a few years later i can only laugh about it.
>>
File: Smile.jpg (16KB, 300x247px) Image search: [Google]
Smile.jpg
16KB, 300x247px
>>17484372
Kek wrong image
>>
>>17484372

Heh.
>>
>>17482608
I know this video, it's a Slovak I believe, killing a spetznas. It sounds like a zip when he cuts his throat
>>
>>17484392

Now, it's every rekt thread on /b/.
>>
>>17480874
i think DarkHarvest00 and MLAnderson0 dont break the illusion. and i always liked the TribeTwelve series
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.