[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptic Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3

File: scary-hooded-man.jpg (2KB, 107x160px) Image search: [Google]
scary-hooded-man.jpg
2KB, 107x160px
From http://www.thejapanesehorror.com/

Try to decipher these cryptic stories.

1: Inside a casket

Right now I'm inside a frigid casket.
My mom and dad went out of this casket some time ago.

But this casket has glasses in all directions; it's quite bright in here, so I'm not scared.

I'm getting thirsty little by little.

I want some water...

Mom and dad, please come back fast...

2: A new living creature

We were able to create a new living creature successfully.
But, it couldn't eat any meal and got thin very fast.

We tried feeding it various things: fruits, vegetables, meat, but it refused to eat them.
No matter what we gave, it didn't eat.

We tried roasting the food, we tried deep frying the food, we tried everything we could think of, but it was all futile.

And in the end, that thing died due to weakness.

I broke down crying.

3: Shooting star

"Ah! Look mom, a shooting star."

"Say your wish before the star disappears."

"I want to meet with dad as soon as possible."

"You shouldn't say such a thing."

"Okay...Then, I wish him to live a long life."
>>
File: seu-barriga.png (100KB, 258x346px) Image search: [Google]
seu-barriga.png
100KB, 258x346px
3: theyre both dead, could not make sense of 1 and 2
>>
2- fuckers dont know how to care for a baby
>>
>>17475944
Good job. Another user has already solved 2nd.
>>
>>17475955
Correct.
>>
File: 1458074328381.png (234KB, 725x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1458074328381.png
234KB, 725x1810px
1. Kid is locked in a car.

Pic related
>>
no. 1 - a newborn in an incubator?
>>
>>17475962
Yeah mate you're correct. I've read Autopilot on nosleep. It's such an interesting and intriguing story. I wasn't expecting that ending.
>>
>>17475962
this had actually happened in my country. A guy forgot to drop his daughter at daycare and went to work, leaving her in the car during a hot day. The kid, unsurprisingly, died.
>>
>>17475963
Nah. Another user has solved it.
>>
>>17475981
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/481817/Three-year-old-girl-dies-after-being-locked-in-car-during-hot-weather
>>
>>17475981
It happens in a lot of country mate.
>>
4: The neighbor

It happened one day.

"We're in a big problem! A murderer is coming towards our house! Let's run from here!"
My sister was shouting this when she came back to the house.

???Huh? What was happening, I didn't understand.

But I was scared, so I asked to confirm, "Really a murderer is coming? From where?"

My sister replied in a low voice, "Really! He's near our neighbor's house."

And then...

"That's not the case...Hahahaha!"
A loud laughter came from our neighbor's house.
5: The puzzle

I've started living alone just recently.
I've decorated the interior of my room with a puzzle.
That puzzle has a special property. It absorbs the light from surrounding and glows faintly in the dark.
Yesterday, when I returned home at night, it was glowing in my dark room.

It makes me want to put up more such puzzles in my room.
This time I'll buy 200 puzzles of the same size.

6: Christmas gift

At the occasion of Christmas, Tom was looking forward to his Christmas present.
When he woke up in the morning, he saw 3 presents under the Christmas tree.
He saw that Santa was peeking at him through the window. The Santa was grinning and looking at Tom.
Tom looked at the Santa and grinned back at him at with displeasure, then he went to the open up the presents.

Tom picked up the first present. The Santa started grinning even more. Tom opened it up and inside the box he found long trousers.
Tom became a little disappointed. He then went on to open up the second present. The Santa was laughing while holding his stomach. Tom opened up the second present; he found a soccer ball inside it. Tom grew more and more angry with the Santa.

Tom, now went on to open up the biggest present box. There was a bicycle inside it.
Santa was now rolling on the snow laughing.
Finally, Tom couldn't stand it anymore and broke into tears.
>>
>>17476005
im liking these

4-last line is the killer, hes already in the neighbors house?

6-tom has no legs, santas an ass
>>
>>17476027
You're correct with the 6th, but 4th is not correct.
>>
>>17476005
For 4, the killer has already come to their house and their neighbor is having a party or something so they won't be able to hear anything that happens to the sister and the person.
>>
>>17476065
Nah, that's not correct. Try harder.
>>
>>17476046
another go then for 4
the killer is the sister/ pretending to be the sister
>>
>>17476005

> living alone
> closed room
> absorbs light

Someone was in the room and the light was on recently.
>>
>>17476089
Nah. Think again. What if there is no killer and the scare factor lies in something else? Shall I reveal the answer?
>>
>>17476099
That's pretty spot on.
>>
#4.. Their house is bugged or something? (The killer heard them somehow, even though she was speaking in a "low" voice)
>>
>>17476104
Now that is a correct answer. It was a hard cryptic btw.
>>
Moar op
>>
>>17476107
OK. give me a minute.
>>
agreeeed, moremoremore
>>
These are really cool. Thanks OP.
>>
Thanks guys for the awesome response. Here are some more cryptics.

7: Monitor's screen

It happened a few years ago. I was heading back to my house from school, together with my friend. In the midway of our conversation, my friend asked for an advice.

"Something weird is happening with my PC monitor lately. Its screen reflects me, but that reflection carries a very big and eerie smile. Moreover, the reflection waves its hands at me. What should I do?"
He asked.

"Is he joking?", I thought. But his face was dead serious when he asked that question. So, I replied, "Shouldn't you wave at him back?"
That was the only suitable advice I could give.

8: Blog visitor

I run a blog and, for some reason, I get only one visit everyday.
Probably, only one person visits my blog everyday.
That person doesn't comment on my blog, but he does visit. That's for sure.
He visits the instant I add anything new to my blog.
In other words, he checks my blog for new updates. That's quite amazing.
Because of him, I get encouraged and update my blog everyday.
I think, maybe, someday I could ask for his impressions about my blog.
Maybe I'll get some encouragement from him.

9: The photo

A party was held on my birthday.
A group photo of everyone in the room was taken. But something strange got captured in the photo.

A woman was glaring at the camera from the closet. She had a white face and red eyes.

I took the photo to a psychic and asked him about it.
He said, "I don't get any supernatural aura from this photo. There is nothing spiritual about this photo."
Haha. I was getting scared for no reason.
>>
7 was incomplete.
Here's the complete version.

It happened a few years ago. I was heading back to my house from school, together with my friend. In the midway of our conversation, my friend asked for an advice.

"Something weird is happening with my PC monitor lately. Its screen reflects me, but that reflection carries a very big and eerie smile. Moreover, the reflection waves its hands at me. What should I do?"
He asked.

"Is he joking?", I thought. But his face was dead serious when he asked that question. So, I replied, "Shouldn't you wave at him back?"
That was the only suitable advice I could give.

3 days later, he died.

According to what my dead friend told me: When he waved back at the reflection, the reflection stopped waving at him and started laughing. After that, the reflection started making some grabbing action with its hands. And then, my friend started having difficulty in breathing and died because of suffocation.
>>
>>17476129
It was a reflection of something behind him ?
>>
>>17476132
No. it's pretty easy if you focus on a particular word.
>>
It's his own reflection.
>>
>>17476138
I thought it was a typo but he can communicate with the dead ?
>>
>>17476167
Yeah that's the scary part. You deciphered it.
>>
>>17476176

now 9 :

It's a dead body ?
>>
>>17476188
Don't know about that mate. Try the other cryptics.
>>
>>17476120
8: It's himself? He has somehow deluded into thinking that there's a visitor on the blog, but it's just the counter acting when he updates his blog? (or maybe he is dumb enough to not realize it)
>>
>>17476193
Hmm ok.. the blog runner has 1 visit which is actually HIM visiting his own blog ?

That would explain no comments .

If that's not the case then some stalker is following him lol.
>>
>>17476200
Yes he's dumb and the 1 visitor is he himself. XD
>>
>>17476120
9 an albino intruder?
>>
gibs moar stories
>>
OP ?
>>
>>17476205
Haha correct mate. He is visiting his own blog without realizing. Another person has also deciphered it.
>>17476209
Or maybe a stalker. but it's definitely a human.
>>17476210
You guys are sure loving it.
>>17476215
I'm alive, don't worry.
>>
Post moar'
>>
10: Television

After getting out of the bath, I think of drying my hair while watching TV.
So I go the room and switch on the TV. But suddenly a close-up of creepy woman's face appears on the screen. I wonder if it's a special episode of Kowai Hanashi .
The colors looks odd, but I can't help as I bought it cheaply from a Recycle-Shop. I turn on the hair dryer while thinking about it, but all of the sudden there is a blackout.
Without lights it looks very dark.
Without electricity it's unreasonable to use the dryer, so I go to replace the breaker while using the light from the TV as a guide.
When I reach there I found that in fact the breaker has tripped.

11: Spirited away forest

There is a certain place in the northern part of Belgium that's knows as "spirited away forest". Those who go in there become 'spirited away', and disappear from this world. The local people are scared of it and don't go near it.

This is about a group of University students from Japan who went inside that forest for fun.
When they(5 people) came out, they started counting each other mutually, just to be sure. They got relieved when they found that no one had disappeared.

Some days later, when they were packing their luggage to return to Japan, they found an unknown "Made in Japan" bag. They wondered whom did it belong to?

12: From today, I'll live alone

After overcoming the resistance from my parents, I've started to live alone from today.

I woke up alone, ate the breakfast alone, and put the garbage in order before throwing it out.

I'm happy that I can finally live alone---something I longed for.

I lock up the door. I then greet the old lady from the neighborhood, who water the plants every morning.

After that, I head to school.
>>
>>17476232
11 : a spirit had joined them
12 : killed his parents and put them in trashbags
>>
>>17476253
12 is correct. In 11, one person did disappear from their group but maybe they are counting wrong.

OP here. OK guys, I'm going to sleep now. I'll see your solutions tomorrow and post more cryptics.
>>
>>17476232
10: The TV is haunted; it's still on when the lights are out.
12: nigga killed his family?
>>
>>17476129
>>17476138
>But his face was dead serious
He probaly killed him and fabricated a fake story
>>
>>17476232
Maybe I'm reading too deeply into this, but maybe the spooky shit like the blackout and the creepy face doesn't matter, it's more like the person's apathy towards the situation is scary. Like, this person doesn't give a shit and just wants to watch TV. Their reliance and connection to TV is keeping them from the important things in life.
>>
>>17476582
That's for number 10 by the way.
>>
>>17476266
11. one person disappeared. 6 people went not 5, random bag belonged to 6th person.
>>
>>17476279
Yes you are right about both of them. That nigga really did kill his family.
>>17476475
No man, the correct explanation is that he talked to his friend after the death.
>>17476582
That's another way to look at the story. But the correct explanation is that the TV was working even without the power.
But yeah you deserve an applause for that theory.
>>17476946
Correct.
>>
OK guys. I've got more cryptics for you.

13: Human Eyes

A salary-man was looking outside the window of his apartment.
At that moment, a woman jumped from the rooftop of that building to commit suicide.
The man saw her fall to the ground through his window.
Later, he said this.
"My eyes met her...."
Human eyes are one of the most creepy things.

14: Child's hands' marks

It happened when I was in my car, waiting for the traffic signal to change.
All of a sudden, a tapping sound started coming from the back of my car.
Who's there? Police?
Thinking it might be police I turned around, but there was no one.
Huh? While thinking about it, I found that there were marks of a child's hand on the rear seat window.
Was I scared? I was feeling frightened. I stretched my hand towards the window and wiped them by scrubbing briskly!

But if I think about it calmly,

The neighborhood children were playing energetically before I had entered in the car.
As often the case is, I think I've become quite a coward after reading all those creepy threads on net. LOL.

15: Mirror

When I'm in my room, I get the feeling that someone's looking at me.
I don't get that feeling in the living room or some other room.

When I'm in the room facing towards the table, I get that feeling definitely.
It's too creepy and I think someone is peeking from the outside.
I stand in front of the window and open the curtains to take a look outside.
Instantly, I get frightened by the silhouette of someone, reflected on the window, who is behind me.
But when I look at it carefully, I notice that it's my own reflection from the mirror situated opposite to the window.

I look at the reflection that is facing towards me.

I get it. This reflection is the reason why I keep getting the feeling of someone looking at me.
>>
15 reflection should be looking out window, not at him
>>
14. The child was inside the car because he was able o wipe the marks from the inside?
>>
>>17478621
Correct.
>>17478638
Correct. What about the 13
>>
>>17478545
13: maybe he saw in her eyes that she was upset or crying, leading me to believe she was pushed?
>>
>>17478684
13 is hard. My line of thought was that since their eyes met she was either falling head first or jumped backwards off.. So maybe she was pushed? I dunno
>>
>>17478698
She was pushed.
>>17478705
If it were a suicide she would have fallen with her back towards the man. But in this case it looks like somebody pushed her causing her body to turn upside down during the fall.
>>
>>17478684
I understood 14 as the guy having kidnapped someone (scared of cops), but remembered that the children had not been capable of hearing the banging from the trunk, so he was safe.
>>
>>17478739
Yes, that's how the explanation goes.
>>
>>17478763
Thanks, just checking I'm not a complete idiot.
>>
>>17478826
Nah mate, you're an intelligent person. It was a tough cryptic to decode.
>>
>>17478545
13. Woman was pushed
14. The kid was kidnapped, he's nervous about police seeing the hand marks
15. something about the reflection facing the wrong way
>>
>>17476217
Wait, what was 7 then?
>>
>>17478730
13 is lame because I always imagine people suicide jumping by just tipping over the edge so they go down head first. In that case the woman should be facing the building she jumped from
>>
>>17478935
All are correct.
>>
7? Monitor's screen?

>>17478941
Nah, in reality their face is towards the ground when falling.
>>
I'll post more stories after a few hours.
>>
More pleaseeee
>>
Meanwhile you guys can read this ghost story that I've translated: http://www.thejapanesehorror.com/2016/03/japanese-ghost-story-footsteps-at-night.html
>>
OK guys, I've run out of cryptics, so these are the final.

16: Spirit Photography

I was chitchatting with two of my friends, when someone suggested that why don't we try taking spirit photographs after such a long time. A massacre incident had happened at a private house on the mountain road, so we went to, now deserted, house at midnight.

We looked at every place in the house: entrance, living room, bathroom, restroom, kitchen and study-room.
We climbed up the stairs to explore the second floor. We went inside both the bedroom and the child's room. After that we descended back to the floor one, and explored the back of the house, one by one.

We took the photographs of everything that we could find in that house.

Today, we received the developed photographs.

Nothing on the photograph. We were amazed.
Of course, we were visible in the photographs, but there was no ghosts or something in those photos.

"... Hmm, that's strange."

"...I think they all went to heaven/hell. "

"That might be the case. We weren't able to photograph any spirits even after going there. What a waste."

"Not completely. I saw a solitary house on the way. Why don't we try going there next time? "

"Huh? Seriously? Is that house also deserted?"

"No,it's not. It's a normal house with people living in it. Let's go there tonight."

"Okeey! Understood. We need to be fully prepared this time."

I'm looking forward to it. It's been a long while since I got this excited.
>>
17: Help! Son is going to kill me!

"Help me! My son is going to kill me!!"
The message from 110 number sounded something like that. I, being a new-comer, got excited and headed towards the place, together with my senior.

When we finally reached the place after 20 minutes---the address was inferred by the telephone number---we saw a normal looking house.
We used the house's inter-phone and out came a haggard looking guy who looked in his 20s. Behind him was a old lady who was grinning.

"Sorry to bother you, but we received a telephone call from this place."
The man apologetically replied,"I'm sorry. It looks like the grandmother called you by mistake."
"It was your grandmother? Umm..Is your father home?", I asked.
"You don't have to tell. Do you have any injuries? Are you okay?", my senior asked the man.
"It's okay. I only got a little scratches.", the man replied.
The old lady was grinning as usual.
My senior, with an all-it-knows-face, said to the man, "Take care.", and then we returned to the patrol after that.
>>
18: Security camera

It happened on night.
In a certain building in Osaka,
a security guard saw a suspicious silhouette of a person on the security TV screen from the security camera.
That person was staring at the camera after it had got out of the toilet.

The guard left his coworker in the TV room and went to the person's place to investigate about the it.
When he reached in-front of the toilet, there was nothing.
He looked over and found that camera was nowhere to be seen.

He confirmed it over the wireless. The silhouette did disappear.
But even now, the coworker could see the guard on the TV screen.
>>
19: B - Kun

It happened one evening.

I was in my room, reading a book, when suddenly there was a tapping sound on my window. Surprised, I looked back and saw that my friend B - Kun was tapping on the window excitedly.

B: "A- Kun, open it up!"
I opened up the window, while in a state of confusion, and B-Kun said out to me.

B: "You know, this happened to me a while back! "
A: "Hold on. Wait a minute. I want to know something before that. "
B: "Just listen to me. A while back, I was riding my bicycle. I was riding it on the beach, you know."
A: "uh-huh."
B: "After riding it for a while, I felt something was strange and got off the bicycle."

A: "What happened?"
B: "The bicycle's chain was all tangled up."
A: "Huh?"
B: "Just like I said, the bike's chain was all tangled up, so there was no way for the tire to have rotated till now."
A: "...? Then...how were you riding it?"
B: "Don't know. I rode it until that moment, but after that, it failed to move."
A: "How come?"
B: "When I noticed the tangled up chain, the bike became unrideable. it refused to move."
A: "Okay. I see."
B: "I wonder if I did it unconsciously. Ah...A-Kun, you wanted to ask me something, right?"
A: "Huh? Oh, yes. Well, ...you see..."
B: "?"

A: "This is the 5th floor. How come you climbed up in here?"
>>
These read like all-text versions of the Fuan no Tane manga. P good.
>>
>>17475938
1- Im guessing this is a fish?
>>
Can someone post about the guy living in his sister's apartment, something about him locking the door/grille from outside? That one really got me thinking about things...
>>
16 The murderers returning to the scene of the crime.
17 ?
18 Someone's pointing the camera on the guard.
19 B-Kun is a ghost.
>>
>>17480293
Senior is the son of the old lady
>>
>>17480308
16-they are the ghosts
17-the grandmother and grandson killed the mother
18-??
19-b-kun is dead, probably a car accident

thanks for all the translating op

if we want more riddles, perhaps we cn make out own?
>>
>>17476005
>4
he laughs because there is no house nearby, so it couldn't be possible for a murderer to be near it. it's spooky because the laughter confirms that a house somehow spotaneously emerged nearby.
>>
>>17480715
Do they? Haha. Thanks.
>>17480744
Nah, it's a child trapped in a car.
>>17480751
I'll post it here if I find it.
>>17480961
Yes.
The senior is related to the woman.
There is no camera.
Yes.
>>17481526
Could be. And the man could be the son of senior.
>>17481579
Nah, they're the murderers.
Could be. Even I don't know the correct explanation
There was no camera.
Yes.
No problem mate. Making them would be difficult though.
>>17481633
He laughs as he could hear them using the bugs he installed in the house.
>>
>>17475980
>I wasn't expecting that ending.

Seriously? As soon as he mentioned the girl complaining about the "bad sun" I instantly knew that the shit about the phone was just exposition, then when he again started mentioning the heat and how she moved behind his seat it was confirmed.

How did you not see it coming, family?
>>
>>17480299
Is this by any chance set in America?
If so then the screen is a fucking window.
>>
>>17482693
It could be because I was not paying much attention while reading it. Or maybe because I was listening and reading it the same time. Or it could be I focused more on "my phone was on the counter" line.
But anyway I reread it again and found that the MC never dropped her at the nursery. I have to say it's a pretty original story.
>>
>>17482909
Hehe. That was gold.
>>
>>17482575
>He laughs as he could hear them using the bugs he installed in the house.
fuck off my explanation is better
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.