[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes death scary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1439951599593.jpg (44KB, 357x370px) Image search: [Google]
1439951599593.jpg
44KB, 357x370px
What makes death scary?
>>
fear of the unknown
>>
>>17463683
It is incomprehensible.
>>
Forever floating in the abyss
>>
the pain before it
>>
If its any consolation, I do remember the void from before I began consciously remembering things. And if I can remember that and grasp what it was like, it might not be as simple as cessation of consciousness upon death.
>>
We are all going to die someday. Instead of being afraid, accept it with open arms.
>>
>>17463683
"Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives."

-Hebrews 2:14-15
>>
>>17463683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyw9J6NuFSM
>>
>>17463846
this.... this is what worries me most.
>>
I've had a death-like experience. I'm not afraid to die anymore, I just don't want to because there's so much more I wanna do in this life.
>>
File: Deep Sky Blue-900x900.jpg (14KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Deep Sky Blue-900x900.jpg
14KB, 900x900px
>>17463683
Cessation of existence, although subjective, is the scariest part of death. You don't want to miss out. But if you keep things relative you realize things happen over and over again. It's hard to destroy memory, it takes the death of a star. Even the stars fear death.
>>17463846
Pain becomes less relevant the older you get.
>>17463877
Evil humans using pain and death as leverage to control is what ultimately failed humanity during it's Test.
>>17463927
Enjoy.
>>
no more weed
>>
"You were already dead. The universe has been around for over 12 billion years. When you die, you're just gonna return to wherever you were. Every single person that has ever lived has had to deal with dying." -Ethan Klein from h3h3
>>
>>17463685
/thread
>>
>>17463685
Ultra correct
>>
We live in a thanatophobic society. It's absurd, really. I think it is taught from a very early age that death is a bad thing, and the fact that we all die someday is a forbidden thought. I remember when I was very young I would be scolded for asking what the point of life was when we are going to die regardless. Although I was a piece of shit child back then, I still find it funny how much society fears death as a whole. When comparing this to what I've heard from people who have had near-death experiences it really does not match up. I think death shouldn't be feared, but celebrated. It's probably the most important event in someone's life.
>>
The fact he's a gangsta in a robe with a license to kill, you know why he wears a robe? Cause he ain't never been in a dangerous situation himself, whne he comes for us, he's crip walking and stalking his way through his living room metaphysically speaking. Pimps got the midas death touch man. Nigga be real gangsta be so cold and kill how many people and things he's killed. He be rapping, he be capping, he be tapping.
>>
>>17465791
>When comparing this to what I've heard from people who have had near-death experiences it really does not match up. I think death shouldn't be feared, but celebrated. It's probably the most important event in someone's life.

Well, of course people wouldn't fear death if they all knew near-death experiences were exactly what they seem to be. However, fearing death isn't so absurd if you don't believe NDEs are real.

I have to admit that I really can't stand atheists who say death isn't a big deal or even that death is good. If someone was pointing a gun at them and was about to shoot them, I have a hard time believing the vast majority of them wouldn't try to avoid being shot. I also don't believe they'd refuse a treatment to extend their lives while maintaining good health.
>>
>>17465734
He didn't say that but he did a vlog on their 2nd channel that starts with them at an amusement park or carnival, and ethan is riding a teapot ride or ferris wheel and just starts ranting about death. it's pretty depressing
>>
lava
>>
>>17463683
The fact that atheist don't know what's beyond and the fact that Christians are scared of meeting hell.
>>
>>17463685
This, with a big emphasis on the possibility of no more existing.
>>
File: 1401558979432.png (92KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1401558979432.png
92KB, 500x259px
>>17463854
>remembering the void
>naming the void
>"from before consciousness"
>>
>>17463683
Losing all your saved data and starting over.
>>
>>17463683
People die when they die. That's scary. You can't life to live.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.