[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban Legends You've Tested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1029433058476.jpg (89KB, 685x306px) Image search: [Google]
1029433058476.jpg
89KB, 685x306px
I was on a trip to Burlington, NC today and was informed of a legend regarding a local high school. The legend is, a girl was asked to prom by the star quarterback who subsequently stood her up. Distraught, she threw herself from the third floor of the school.

Rumor has it, if you look up at the window from which she threw herself and start insulting her, she will appear in the window. There is also a stop sign behind the school which is rumored to bleed.
I couldn't help but test it, since we were passing through that area. First of all, the school is creepy as shit as-is. Very run-down and distraught, although it's still operational. There's also a creepy-ass statue of the school's mascot (a bulldog) in the back.

We went around back to where the window in question was. I called out the girl's name and informed her I'd taken a long trip to see her, and that I'd appreciate her coming to visit. Before I could finish my sentence, this really cute girl walked up to the window with a stone-faced expression. My heart skipped a beat, but I decided to smile and wave. She then smiled very warmly and waved back. I guess it was just a student who was there for drama rehearsal (there were cars in the parking lot and the window was linked to the auditorium). Must have been privy to the rumor and accustomed to morons coming in from out of town and trying it out. Her response time was quick, though, and she definitely nailed the ghostly facial expression.

We then checked out the ghostly stop sign, which I thought would be immaculate until you started insulting it. It's just smeared with some sort of fake blood (despite being there for several months, it's still red as opposed to the brownish hue that blood turns after a while). Kinda corny, but probably some sort of school tradition, as this phenomenon allegedly persists even after the city changes the stop sign.

Have you ever tested an urban legend and yielded some results, paranormal or not?
>>
>>17461759
I'm a pussy, so no.
>>
>>17461759

Bloody mary, candyman candleja
>>
If you eat lots of candy your teeth fall out. So far so good. It's a lie.
>>
>>17461783
it only works if you say candlejack's full na
>>
>>17461759
I'm from florid, and the Everglades aren't too far from where I am. There is a whole bunch of land that was meant for development but got abandoned for whatever reason. My friends and I call this area "badluck.". Anyways, we went out with this redneck kid who knows the area real well, and knows all the stories. The one he showed us was the spot where if you look through the trees at a certain spot, you could see the top of a house with the light turned on in the upstairs window. Apparently a man went crazy and murdered his family with an axe there. The house was leveled and according to legend you can only see it at midnight. We camped out there in badluck and went back the next day, early in the afternoon. The house wasn't there. Very strange experience. Florida is known for its weirdness though.
>>
>>17461800
Very cool. Any backwoods areas are very creepy even without the lore. I've been to Florida once and I can imagine the swampier areas (ex. the glades) being prone to a lot of legend.

I have another story. There's a "mystery spot" in Rocky Mount, NC called the Seven Bridges Road. According to the legend, when you drive one way and count the bridges, there are seven. Then, when you drive the other way, there are only six.

Most stupid bullshit I've ever wasted my time on. It's not even one of those things where you figure out the illusion. We counted seven bridges up, and seven bridges down. Just a stupid attempt at a tourist trap. I think the thing is that there's one half-assed bridge that may look more like a bridge one way than the other, but you'd have to be mentally handicapped to not still identify it on the way back.
>>
Where I'm from there's a small cement bridge over a ravine called Gibbs bridge (off the main road, Gibbs road) that's supposedly haunted. The story goes if you park your car, honk three times then put the keys on the roof of your car your car will shake violently, you hear a dealing shriek coming from inside the car and when you reach up to grab your keys to skeedaddle they're gone. A few years back a buddy and I were stoned and went to try it. We did everything we were supposed to do. After a few seconds we saw headlights approaching from behind us. A lot of stoners do this so the cops watch and wait to bust kids with pot. We figured that was the case. Reached for the keys, they were gone. Grabbed out flashlights and got out to look incase they just slid off or something. The headlights weren't getting any closer so that kinda creeped me out. I start to panic a bit, whether it be cops or paranormal I didn't want to stick around for either. I was standing be the drivers side rear quarter panel looking behind and underneath the car when my screaming buddy went flying onto then over the trunk and landed a few feet in front of me. Like he was on the receiving end of a Bruce Lee kick or some shit. He landed hard and got the wind knocked out of him and was kinda disoriented so I grabbed him up under the arms ran him to the passenger side and opened the door. I ran around and jumped in the driver's seat, grabbed the spare key I brought in case this shit was real and we peeled off. After a few minutes I asked him what hit him, he said he was hit but pulled from behind. Haven't gone back to that bridge, day or night.
>>
>>17461833
Sorry for shit composition structure.
>>
>>17461814
Know of any urban legends for gastonia, NC?
>>
>>17461814
Clayton NC has the worst part of NC I have ever been to and I will never go back. Do not go into the woods there its fucking terrifying.
>>
>>17461814
Still very creepy nonetheless. There's another local story that is at least part way true. There is this legend of these tiny inbred people called "squallies." They apparently live in the backwoods of the Golden Gate estates which is literally the stix. They apparently live in and around this house that is highly protected. They're supposed to be highly aggressive and territorial. The creepy thing is that the house is very real. There is a off-road that you turn down, and there is a sign that says something like "if you value your life, turn around. Private property." And if you make it past that to the house some crazy red neck will shoot at your car with a shotgun. I've seen the sign but I've never tried to find the house. According to local legend, the squallies are directly connected to the place.
>>
>>17461840
Why, what's in it? Meth heads?
>>
>>17461839
Sorry, man. I only know of stuff in the proximity of the Research Triangle. Maybe Charlotte has some abandoned asylums or something? I have a friend who lives in Concord, too. I'll ask them about that area.
>>17461840
Clayton sucks, lol. The only reason I ever went there was passing thru to go to the now-closed military surplus store in Garner. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of sketchy shit in those woods.
>>
>>17461833
If you had a spare and thought cops were coming, why not just use the spare?
>>
>>17461855
Thanks anyway, man.
>>
>>17461861
It was only a car key. The other set was my key fob, house key, work keys etc. Didn't want to leave them if I didn't have too.
>>
>>17461846
>>17461855
Worse than meth heads lmao thats in town, I don't live in Raleigh anymore but I had a friend that lived in Southern Clayton and there is this forest less than 5 miles across but its haunted as shit- Idk if its ghost or if it is some type of creature but fuck those woods, I'll tell the story if you're interested.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 351x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 351x185px
>>17461841
Samefag here. I forgot about Deep Lake prison, abandoned years ago in the glades. It was a maximum security prison for juvenile offenders. It was riddled with sexual abuse and violence, and eventually a huge break out occurred. No one (as far as I know) made it out of the glades. But some of the buildings and the little churches they had is still there. It's all sprayed up with satanic graffiti and shit. You can google it and find tons of pics, but here's one. Don't have the balls to check it out personally.
>>
File: 1457296091237.jpg (182KB, 768x820px) Image search: [Google]
1457296091237.jpg
182KB, 768x820px
>>17461910
Check it out, man. Just bring bear mace and a taser. There's bound to be some assholes/crackheads in the area.
>>17461904
Yeah man, lay it on me. I might go check it out.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 240x180px
>>17461936
I dunno bro. Shit is shady. Don't want to run into a bunch of satanists in the middle of some weird shit. Could be bad man. Another pic.
>>
>>17461936
Ok man i'm kinda busy look ill post it later if this thread is still up.
>>
>>17461833
Damn if that really happened the way you described it, that's fucking scary...
>>
>>17461968
bumping for interest. im in chapel hill for a while and want some spoops
>>
File: 1457296418368.png (125KB, 325x299px) Image search: [Google]
1457296418368.png
125KB, 325x299px
>>17462199
There's an obviously bullshit legend at UNC-Chapel Hill about the Silent Sam statue. Allegedly if a virgin walks by late at night when the school's a ghost town, Silent Sam fires off his rifle.
>>
>>17462034
It did, buddy had persistent pain after that so went to the hospital. I guess he busted 2 ribs when he landed. Has the scar from surgery. If this is up tomorrow I'll post a pic of his scar.
>>
>>17462218
good luck finding a virgin at this school... p/ obvious bullshit just like the damn drink from the fountain shit
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.