[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unknown Loud Noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1408393520572.jpg (225KB, 1155x851px) Image search: [Google]
1408393520572.jpg
225KB, 1155x851px
In the last years, I've noticed a loud, consistent, strange noise that pops up around my area out of nowhere. It would show up any time, be it around 4 AM or 12 PM.

Oddly enough, the noise sounds like a mix between a machine and dogs howling. It can't be dogs because, even though sometimes dogs around those streets answer to it, the noise resonates non-stop, without a need to “breathe”. Plus, it lacks the harmonic complexity of a dog howl. I additionally believe it is not a machine of any kind (I thought it was a very loud vacuum cleaner in the past) since the sound feels too synthesized, and it comes from completely different directions.

And who uses a vacuum cleaner at 4 AM?

I have 3 audio files of the noise so far.

Audio File 1 - 06/24/2015, 10:00–10:30 AM [Garage]:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1vwNQfATaRc

Audio File 2 - 11/30/2015, 1:30–2:00 PM [Garage]:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dbl4QEHfaI

Audio File 3 - 03/12/2016, 7:20–7:30 PM [Backyard]:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JAKmlJ9cKa

Yes, my street is extremely noisy, I am sorry for that.

Despite the bad quality of the recordings, I was able to equalize them and barely find out a few portions of the structure of the sound. It seems like it's composed of three notes: One (the most jumpy one) tends to slide from 840Hz to 874Hz and back, the second one stands around 947Hz, and the third one stands aroud 972Hz.

I've synthesized the sound so that you can hear it and fill up the gaps if there is anything I've missed (turn your volume down). The lowest tone is playing in 840Hz for simplicity's sake:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vgWkLLoskN

To generate the tones separately, see: http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm

I will aso upload the original audio files somewhere if you guys want it.

Have any of you guys heard anything like this before? It is definitely intriguing. No-one around where I live has any explanation for it, and the fact it seems to echo from different directions makes it freakier.
>>
So your neighbors hear it too? What are their ideas? How often does it happen?
>>
>>17460712
It used to happen more often in the past, but since I've been far away from home more frequently, I'm not able to hear it all the time.
I've only spoken to one household about it, and they had the same conclusion as me, that it was probably just someone using a very loud machine. They still agreed it sounds really fucking eerie, and couldn't make out where it was coming from.
My girlfriend heard it once when she was around here too. She listened closely to it and couldn't come to any conclusion besides saying it sounds like “some really weird dogs howling”.
>>
Where do you live? Hope its not where I think it is..
>>
>>17460726
São Paulo, SP.
I live some kms away from the GRU airport, by the side of a common flight route.
>>
>>17460587
well I've heard creepier before, I mean even pure wind can make scarier noises. I wouldn't be afraid if I were you, it wasn't very loud in these recordings and it seems like it's far away.
>>
>>17460747
It is definitely louder than it seems in the recordings. It does sound very far away, but the issue is, it can come from various directions. Today it came from a direction it never did in the past (an opposite direction from the airport). I could hear it perfectly in my backyard, but there was none of it in my garage, which is where it tends to sound louder.

The noisy background and the small cellphone mic definitely washed the noise down. I can assure you it is not the sound of the wind, though.

And I understand, I am not scared, only intrigued.
>>
Probably just a metal object resonating.

LITERALLY 99% of unexplained sounds are from objects resonating, i.e. they're secondary sources of sound, rather than, say, some kind of magical sky trumpet.

Life is just noisy. It's about as paranormal as raindrops causing ripples on the surface of a lake.
>>
>>17460762
Certainly not explainable by these descriptions... It is very interesting though. There was once a piercing loud noise coming from far away from my house once, however that was only in a dream...

If you really care enough to go see what it was then I'm sure you would be surprised whether it was just a misconception or not.

Your recreation was a lot like Binaural beats, if you haven't heard of that it is actually when two slightly different frequencies are played at the same time and it causes an affect on the brain in terms of sensing the notes correctly. It has also been said to alter the mental state of a person but I can't see this noise being anything like that since Binaural beats are usually very dependent on pan (different noise in each ear).

I don't really have anything to tell you except check it out lol. Or at least to get closer the next time it plays if you are willing too.
>>
>>17460771
Sure, let us assume that.

Since the three recordings have similar harmonic patterns, we can assume it is also the same metal object.

How would you explain the sound then coming from different directions in different times if the day isn't windy? And even if it was windy, a sound coming from a completely opposite direction is a bit farfetched if its source is static and big enough to resonate that far.

If there is anything in physical acoustics that can explain that, you'll have to explain in to me, 'cause I have no idea.
>>
>>17460778
I've been seriously thinking of walking outside whenever I hear it and looking for the source, if there is one. I might look insane, but at least I will be able to find out what the hell that is.

If I ever do find it out, I will update with a new thread here.
>>
>>17460787
You never mentioned how long it's been happening for..

I would wait to see if it's something temporary too... but I don't know how long you've been hearing it.
>>
>>17460803
Yes, and I am afraid I can't give you a perfect answer, such as a first or anything.

However, I've been hearing it since sometime in the end of 2014. It was way more frequent back then, but again, I used to stay more at home at the time.

Everything points to it not being temporary at all. The fact it started all of a sudden still seems to me that something around here changed and is causing the noise from every once in a while.
>>
Foxes mating?
I thought my cat was being assaulted or something once and it sounded like that but when I looked out the window there was just 2 foxes going at it
I shot an air rifle near them to make the piss off and it worked - maybe try firing into the air when you hear it and the noise might stop
>>
>>17460818
i suggest checking it out if it begins to bother you. I can't think of much else useful.
>>
>>17460826
There ain't no foxes in São Paulo
It's problaby some plane fuckery
>>
>>17460826
Sounds sexy, I guess, but I go nuts whenever I see a goddamn butterfly here in São Paulo. Animals are really rare And if it's stray dogs having a threesome, those are some strong lungs they have there.

I still think if it were dogs, their howls would have to end up in barks at some point, and the sound would have to be more harmonically complex. You can hear that even when other dogs respond to it, the sound keeps sustaining itself non-stop.
>>
>>17460841
Yes, I guess it is. The GRU airport has some facilities for the SP and the Brazilian Air Forces. During the evening, I've heard a war jet constantly flying in circles around here. Fuck, those things are loud, and it made the ground shake the two times it went over my house. It was around 3 AM from what I recall.

Nonetheless, the sound it made was unlike the one in the recording. I think it has something to do with the airport, yet, the way the sound behaves is just too erratic.
>>
File: 1457801777362.gif (145KB, 680x846px) Image search: [Google]
1457801777362.gif
145KB, 680x846px
>>17460860
Please just let another varginha happen god
>>
>>17460868
I hope it does, anon. I truly do.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.