[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

visiting the afterlife in my sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nh7f22MjMr1u1y6alo1_540.jpg (58KB, 540x412px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh7f22MjMr1u1y6alo1_540.jpg
58KB, 540x412px
Not sure if anyone is going to bother with this but I figured this would be the best place to go.

>be me
>always very sceptical not superstitious etc
>a bunch of sleep disorders
>usualy wake up extremely disoriented
>can take me up to an hour to distinguish real memories from dreams
>one of my best friends dies
>start talking to him in my dreams
>in my dreams I know he's dead and we're always happy to see eachother
>have detailed conversations
>each dream is set in the same world just slightly different places
>get lost in this dream afterlife world, feel like I was stuck in the dream for days, explore extremely detailed and complex afterlife
>sleep paralysis happening more and more often
>at this point still convinced I'm just a little bit retarded
>dejavus start occuring almost every day
>have memories from my real life that were actualy dreams and the other way around
>visit the exact same afterlife world many times and meet a strange god-like creature
>at this point desperate for anything because rational thinking and medicine isn't helping me, too confused about the world to remain sceptic to everything

I'm open to anything, please help
>>
>>17460449
This is the beggining of mental illness. Seek professional help
>>
>>17460451
>As he said while browsing his favourite website /x/
>>
>>17460449
i think you are missing a few screws
>>
What do you need help with OP? It is extremely common to dream of people who died, especially if they were your good friend.
>>
>>17460449
bump
>>
>>17460449
>get lost in this dream afterlife world, feel like I was stuck in the dream for days, explore extremely detailed and complex afterlife
This is what we need to hear about.
>>
>>17463070
absolutely this
>>
>>17460449
Describe the godlike creature, this type of stuff needs more description, not greentext.
>>
>>17460449
Are you under the influence of anything/ have you been in the past?
>>
Come back.
>>
>>17463070
It's an H.P. Lovecraft story called Celephias. Look it up. Fun story.
>>
>>17463070
the first time I've ever agreed with a namefag. OP if you want us to believe you visit the afterlife in your sleep every night then you're going to have to drop us a fuckload of details.
>>
>>17463333
I want what OP thought, not what Lovecraft wrote.
>>
>>17463333
Not mentioning Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath instead. You deserve those quads, though.

>>17464969
What if the afterlife isn't as we conceptualize it, but rather exists on a mental plane. The collective unconscious or the Akashic records, or whatever you want to call it. Which just happens to be the place where our dreams are staged.
The body dies, cutting an individual off from physical reality. But the mind continues to exist in this astral layer. It would be a place where time and space aren't strictly relevant. That would cover the eternal bliss of heaven and the unending torment of hell, as well as the multitudes of Chinese hells. Everyone is right because everyone creates his own afterlife, like a low-powered reality warper. Like-minded people naturally cluster together and pool their dreaming.

This is idle speculation, of course, but it does tie up a lot of loose ends.
>>
>>17465051
Bit like the old joke; die and get met by St Peter at the Pearly Gates. "Welcome to Heaven. There's the pool, the bar's over here with a 24/7 restaurant, and we have a range of leisure activities. You can go anywhere you like, except behind that wall. That's the Catholics, they think they're the only ones here."
>>
>>17465051
take your head out of your asshole
>>
>>17465051
dreaming and lucid dreaming happen within ones own mind

but astral projection and OBE's of these sorts are on a plane like that of sorts.

dreams are like mental planes you create in your head for yourself, they can be shared but its very rare and uncommon and the different minds involved mess things up
>>
>>17465051
I would imagine if an afterlife realm were to exist it would be much as you described, more energy based than physical. However OP actually contradicted this entirely, saying he "explored extremely detailed and complex afterlife" and "met strange god-like creatures" suggesting a physical element to his experience.
>>
>>17460449
its called a dream you dumb shit
>>
>>17465051
>This is idle speculation, of course
Sounds like someone taught you that the astral was dimensionless recently and now you're passing it off as your own supposition by using buzzwords heavily. The explanation only makes sense to people that already understand it, making your entire post useless to anyone except as a half-baked learning aide.
>>
>>17465294
You seem to think it's improbable that I've independently had the same thought as someone else had.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.