[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is lucid dreaming and astral projection so scary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: dream.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
Why is lucid dreaming and astral projection so scary?
>>
It's not your just a fucking pussy.
>>
Why do you think it's scary
>>
>>17459986
iktf man... i just cant handle "breaking through" when lucid dreaming..
i get sleep paralysis, start to hear strange sounds and then i get this immense feeling of dread and have to cancel everything...
>>
>>17459986
My personal fear is being trapped in that state. You're a lot more vulnerable to your fears. Also. I've had sleep paralysis, every time it happens I just have to either wait it out or fight my way out. But how do I go back one lucid dreaming commences. Do I just walk into my body? Tell myself to wake up? I also don't want to increase my derealization issues and have terrible perception.
>>
>>17459986
From a muggle point of view: Why are they always tied like they are related, when they are very different things?
>>
>>17460241
same realm different levels of lucidity.
amazingly enough lucid dreaming ain't that lucid.

I have lucid dreams and I have had astral projection. Astral projection is lucid dreaming in it's perfected state because you are completely aware.
>>
>>17459986
Vehicle for demons to attack people in real life... astral projecting into the unseen dimension in order to torment and bother people as if they are ghosts...
>>
>>17460246
I would also like to add, not only are you more aware in the astral state, you are also more in control than you would be in a dream.

A dream seems more like a ride.
Astral seems like YOUR domain.
>>
>>17460006
Pray for protection from the evil ones
>>
>>17460241
what's a muggle lol
>>
>>17460292
from the harry potter books.
It was a name for a person who knew nothing about magic or disbelieved i magic.
>>
It's just because it's so foreign. There isn't any actual danger to it, since it's just your consciousness experiencing reality in a different way, but a LOT of people freak themselves out when they realize what they're trying to do is actually working, and force themselves back into their body.

Most people are pretty disingenuous/ambivalent about it, so when they see the sparks start to ignite and fall out of their comfort zone, they want to get right back in.
>>
>>17460292
Type of flower related to cotton
>>
File: 1457762140049.jpg (45KB, 278x475px) Image search: [Google]
1457762140049.jpg
45KB, 278x475px
>>17460333
>not actually any danger
>>
>>17460333
just entering the astral state of mind is such an ease... I actually look forward to it every morning.

On days I am not able to do it, I feel like something is desperately missing.
>>
The astral plane connects every living being. When you're in an astral form, it's being in this universe but more like as a ghost. But in this realm you are god. You can still connect to others. At one point /x/ had an astral city. Me and my friends made a palace. The astral plane is also the only plane where man can travel to any corner of the universe. If more scientists would use it we could revolutionize our studies about space. A lot of people think that some of the most brilliant scientists like Einstein and Tesla used this to their own ends for studies. What's creepy about it, is that you create every non-physical things out there, apart if it's created by someone else. Even if it's not voluntarily
>>
>>17460790
lol astral plane is mind craft.
>>
>>17460794
It is half true. But people usually astral project more when they're 4. I've seen an earth-like planet myself when I was around that age
>>
>>17459986
Because it's different to your normal state of consciousness, same reason why people are afraid of psychedelics really.

Just get over yourself, let go, then you will realise there is nothing to fear, because there's nothing to lose
>>
>>17459986
I fear Astral Projecting
Mostly because I don't know why lies out there
I get scared imagining that I might get lost and not be able to return to my body or perhaps I'll run into ghouls who choose to torment me, what willi do then?
>>
It's a new environment and you're not used to operating there. You inherently know there are scary, dangerous things in every environment and when you aren't prepared to deal with those things then your natural instincts kick in. Listen to your gut; mystics think you have multiple brains and your gut and heart are smarter than your head (at least until you can really activate all of your subconscious).
>>
>>17461297
interestingly enough... I do get a "gut" feeling when I'm in the astral realm and shit is about to go down.
>>
>>17460074
>>>this

I was caught in a loop of being lucid then when I try to wake up I'm stuck in sleep paralysis
And I'm not even one of those astral projectors/intentional lucid dreamers
It was all pure chance
I was genuinely terrified that I'd be like that forever
>>
>>17461297
Do you ever get used to it t othe point theres no fear?
>>
>>17461761
by doing it over and over again.
just stop being a pussy
>>
>>17459986
It's not, you're just a 'fraidy type. Others, who have fears on a par that they can actually face and overcome those fears, never had to deal with fear while projecting.
>>
OK i have sleep paralysis from time to time. What do i have to do then to get LD/AP¿?
>>
>>17461309
Wake up
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.