[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redheads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

What's the deal with redheads? Is there any occult/paranormal significance, /x/?

>Montague Summers, in his translation of the Malleus Maleficarum, notes that red hair and green eyes were thought to be the sign of a witch, a werewolf or a vampire during the Middle Ages;

"Those whose hair is red, of a certain peculiar shade, are unmistakably vampires. It is significant that in ancient Egypt, as Manetho tells us, human sacrifices were offered at the grave of Osiris, and the victims were red-haired men who were burned, their ashes being scattered far and wide by winnowing-fans. It is held by some authorities that this was done to fertilize the fields and produce a bounteous harvest, red-hair symbolizing the golden wealth of the corn. But these men were called Typhonians, and were representatives not of Osiris but of his evil rival Typhon, whose hair was red."

>Red hair was thought to be a mark of a beastly sexual desire and moral degeneration. A savage red-haired man is portrayed in the fable by Grimm brothers (Der Eisenhans) as the spirit of the forest of iron. Theophilus Presbyter describes how the blood of a red-haired young man is necessary to create gold from copper, in a mixture with the ashes of a basilisk.

>The Norse god Thor is usually described as having red hair.

>Early Renaissance artist Sandro Botticelli's famous painting The Birth of Venus depicts the mythological goddess Venus as a redhead.

>In the Iliad, Achilles' hair is described as ξανθῆς (ksanthēs), usually translated as blonde, or golden but sometimes as red or tawny. His son Neoptolemus also bears the name Pyrrhus, a possible reference to his own red hair.

>Early artistic representations of Mary Magdalene usually depict her as having long flowing red hair.

>In The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield remarks that "People with red hair are supposed to get mad very easily, but Allie [his dead brother] never did, and he had very red hair."
>>
>>17459387
they lack an enzyme which destroys the red pigment (pheomelanin). Other people could have red hair, but their enzyme works fine and the show, in addition to that eumelanin (for dark hair) or none (blond hair).

it' is an recessive trait, that's why you have many redhead on isles like Ireland

I think that people just want to find something special (good or evil) about rare traits.
>>
File: beach_babe.jpg (646KB, 3300x5100px) Image search: [Google]
beach_babe.jpg
646KB, 3300x5100px
This is my fetish.
>>
>>17459387
Soulless ginger here, I can confirm that all the myths about us are true
>>
File: No regrets.png (681KB, 544x567px) Image search: [Google]
No regrets.png
681KB, 544x567px
It means that they know how to dye their hair.
It's pretty simple if you think about it. The catholics wanted to monopolize herbalism and medicine, and so they made scapegoats of the dyers who would naturally dye their hair after it grayed from the sun, both as a symbol of their profession, or some sort of link to henna-using cultures, or to be like certain deities. Or to repel evil spirits.

Thor had red hair because to a Nordic person, it's associated with experience, and their red wasn't even the same red like the pale kids. It could be like reddish brown too.
>>
>>17459387
The only thing that's paranormally significant about me is my ugly face, its enough to send any vampire running for the hills
>>
>In The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield remarks that "People with red hair are supposed to get mad very easily, but Allie [his dead brother] never did, and he had very red hair."
It's just people making stupid stereotypes about somewhat rare things as you can see on this quote. Sometimes such things can affect you character as well.
>>
>red hair and green eyes were thought to be the sign of a witch, a werewolf or a vampire

that explains it
>>
Wasn't having a red haired passenger aboard a ship considered bad luck as well? Either way I agree with >>17459416.
>I think that people just want to find something special (good or evil) about rare traits.
>>
>tfw redhaired and orange eyes
>>
is that the goat from vvitch? i liked that goat. he gave no fucks.
>>
Rarest and most beautiful phenotype in the world. If you are redhead you should marry a redhead and produce more redheads.
>>
>>17459623
Same, I have a freckle for every soul I've eaten.
>>
File: privilegeflags.png (16KB, 877x384px) Image search: [Google]
privilegeflags.png
16KB, 877x384px
>>17461400
Cool it with the eugenics lecture, Adolf. There's nothing wrong with marrying outside your race.
>>
All the women and some men on my mother's side are red, including me. Honestly nothing significant about it.
>>
>>17464105
Yes there is, tumblr.
>>
File: 1444050110498.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1444050110498.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>17459387
Stop trying to attribute some spooky shit to something that you don't see every day. There's nothing paranormal about gingers m8
>>
redhair and greeneyed girl, that i met few times, was rare in many otherways too.
Naturally the most beatiful and higly intelligent, even understood philosofy and art in a way usually only men do, still being "girlish" -in a very good way. Sadly i was stupid fag and couldnt do shit about it. Think she had some crazy psych skills too.
>>
>>17459387
Yes, they made human sacrifices from gingerfags in Ancient Egypt. To this day, redheads are VEERY uncommon among sandniggers. Also, african tribes to this day sacrifice their own niggers that are born with albinism.
Yes. Primitive folk assess witchcraft/magical powers to people who are born slightly different because of rare genes/mutation, which their uneducated minds cannot understand.

Everything else you listed were just random mentions of redheads throughout history, irrelevant to /x/ type of stuff.

So, no. Just because you're ginger doesn't mean you have some special powers, deal with it.
Also, if that was the case, Ireland would have conquered the world by now blasting fireballs on their enemies
>>
>>17459416
Underrated post

Thread should have stopped there
>>
Be a cunt = get uglier

Be good towards people = still get uglier

Don't be a bitch and enforce the stereotype unless you like wearing makeup like a prostitute.

Gentlemen, I don't know what to tell you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.