[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you believe in bad luck?! have you ever been cursed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image.gif (2MB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 251x240px
do you believe in bad luck?! have you ever been cursed?
>>
>>17457357
Yes.

Ever since I got drunk with mates and shat on a crazy gypsy/witch cat ladies car, things have been going downhill.

She was livid and came out shouting words? Could've been a curse...
>>
>>17457357

Yes definitely!
>>
No.
>>
I'm cursed with awesomeness.
>>
I might be cursed soon. I finally got rid of my asshole friend because I'm sick and tired of the asshole forcefully demanding I agree with every single opinion it spews out. The dumbshit is into "black magic" so here's to hoping any homebrews backfire with hilarious results.
>>
I've noticed a constant balance between harmony and bad luck in my life. If I'm happy for too long, I'll soon get bummed out and vice versa. But perhaps that's obvious?
>>
>>17459522
So, he's an autistic manchild?
>>
>>17457680
luck = coincidence that positively affects you
bad luck= coincidence that negatively affects you
in itself, besides the most basic activities, anything can be considered luck or bad luck as everything revolves around "coincidences" with different chances of happening without much influence on it, depending on the circumstances

tl;dr human mind plays tricks on you, you're just not aware of it if anything
>>
>>17459529
didn't mean to quote you, but oh well.
>tfw this is theoretically "bad luck"
>>
>>17459527
Not exactly autistic. Just "I'm always is right" because "I read the Facebook" and "my facebook feed has all the seckret k-noledge."
>>
>>17457357
I don't believe luck is some sort of unseen force that warps reality to benefit an individual. I think it's just a human concept to explain unlikely occurrences or a streak of occurrences without trying to workout out every single variable that could affect a given situation.
>>
>>17457357
A black cat crosses your path
Do you:
A) Take another route
B) say fuck it, superstition is for losers
C) pet it
>>
File: 1453657561326.png (282KB, 312x920px) Image search: [Google]
1453657561326.png
282KB, 312x920px
Not anymore.
>>
>>17461661
Thank immunity cat
>>
There's no such thing as bad luck, but karma is real
>>
>>17461612
fuck the cat
>>
Yes, bad luck is bad karma, I have bouts of bad luck every year or so, it has become a common experience to me now, so I just wait for it to pass, usually last from 6-8 months
>>
>>17457680
There is karma though, next time don't shit on peoples cars. wtf
>>
>>17457357
I don't think I've ever been cursed, but I do think that if such things are possible, my family has what I call "(family name) luck" (not going to post my family's name but if it were Smith I'd call it "Smith luck"). Granting that it could all be confirmation bias, it seems to work like this:

My family has never been rich, but we have always tried to be honest. When things were bad financially, something would always come through to save our bacon: finally finding a job in an unexpected place after months of searching, someone would place a huge order right as money was running out (my mom is a folk artist), stuff like that. We were poor a lot of the time, but we never lost a house or had anything repo'd.

I seemed to notice it in my life too, but I also noticed that if I tried to do shit that was dishonest, especially financially (shirking at work but getting paid the same, getting too much change back and not saying anything), I'd start paying for it in other unrelated ways - something would break and need to be replaced, I'd leave a purchase at a store and not realise it til I'd already gotten rid of the receipt, kind of thing. And every time something great would happen, it always seemed like something medium-bad (but not terrible) would happen, as if the universe was getting its change back. Like I'd get a $200 bonus at work but right after that some $100 item in the house would break and need to be replaced.

Again, probably confirmation bias + guilty conscience. But I still believe in it enough to help keep me just a bit more honest in situations where I'm having trouble finding a good reason not to cheat.
>>
>>17457357
Yes and yes
>>
>>17464019
I litteraly cannot make that promise.
>>
>>17461661
Thank immunity cat
>>
>>17461612
pet it if it's friendly
>>
>>17464103
I am exactly the same, and my family on my fathers side used the phrase "our family name luck".

Weird that.
>>
>>17461612
C
>>
>>17461661
Wow! Gj
>>
My friend has awful luck. Turns out his exgirlfriend (who claimed she was a witch) cursed him.
>>
>>17461612
D) continue minding my business
>>
>>17457357
I do believe in it. But I don't think it has any relation to being cursed, and stuff like black cats and else are just old superstitions. I have been cursed once, also, but it had nothing to do with luck.
>>
>>17461612
I'd pet it, I like cats. But if it was a dog I would carefuly look if the asshole wouldn't try to bite my legs
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.