[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freemasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

File: 1457482513041.jpg (316KB, 1350x940px) Image search: [Google]
1457482513041.jpg
316KB, 1350x940px
How do you join the freemasons? Like seriously, how the fuck does this work? My curiosity is really driving me here
>>
File: 1456945427631.jpg (418KB, 3146x1770px) Image search: [Google]
1456945427631.jpg
418KB, 3146x1770px
Also, what the fuck is it actually about?
>>
As far as I know you have to be invited by another mason:.
>>
>>17448539
free/my/sons
>>
>>17448558
yeah......no thats way too simple
>>
You're all fucking retards acting like Freemasons are some secret society.

OP, walk into your nearest Masonic Lodge and ask the receptionist how to join.

SIMPLES
>>
File: 1367279831322.jpg (34KB, 316x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367279831322.jpg
34KB, 316x480px
>>17448530
>>17448539
>>17448557

You are invited.

You become a minor colaborator, and pay a monthly fee for their "operations".

In exchange, you have access to the influence that it's many members have in any areas.

In my city, the freemasons are lawyers, doctors, engineers and such. It gets easy to find a job, and get recomendations.

One of them is always ready to speak in your behalf if you get into any kind of trouble.

They usually call you because you already are someone powerful, or with a bright future, because they want to have that power at their disposal.

Basically this.
>>
>>17448598
theres only about 3 million freemasons worldwide

why so fucking few?

also, look at what Randall carlson says about freemasons
>>
he qualifications to join a lodge vary from one jurisdiction to another, but some basic qualifications are common to all regular Masonic lodges:

You must believe in a Supreme Being.

You must be joining of your own free will.

Don’t let your dad, uncle, neighbor, or friend pressure you into joining. Join because you want to.

You must be a man.

You must be free-born.

The term “free-born” is a holdover from the days when slavery, indentured servitude, and bonding were common. It means that a man must be his own master, and not be bound to another man. That’s not a problem these days, but the language is retained because of its antiquity and a desire to retain the heritage of the fraternity.

You must be of lawful age. Depending on the Grand Lodge, this can be anywhere from 18 to 25.

You must come recommended by at least two existing Freemasons from the lodge you’re petitioning.

Masonry doesn’t care about your worldly wealth or social position. Both the bank’s president and the bank’s janitor can apply for membership, and they’re considered equally qualified.

You’ll be asked other important questions down the road, before you’re allowed to join a lodge:

Are you unbiased by friends and uninfluenced by any mercenary motives? Don’t apply for membership if you think you’ll be using your membership card to get out of a speeding ticket or to network for your business.

Do you have a favorable opinion of Freemasonry? You should have a desire for knowledge and a sincere wish to be of service to mankind. If you’re merely curious about what goes on behind locked doors, just read the rest of this book.

Do you agree to follow the rules? Nothing especially scary here. Health clubs and city parks have the same requirement.
>>
File: 1432020934540.jpg (322KB, 1576x2358px) Image search: [Google]
1432020934540.jpg
322KB, 1576x2358px
>How do you join?
It's really easy. There are tons of kids at my university who wear "Masonic Fraternity blah blah" t-shirts.
>how does this work?
it's the church of satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKsn7ygDnx4
>>
>>17448602
so its nothing special? They have been mentioned many times through history, and why so hush hush compared to other organizations? Most advertise their shit like whores to make as much money as possible
>>
>>17448598

Also, this. They are not secret at all. Their safehouses are marked with the compass on the front door here, and they adress each other as members openly.

There are like 5 of their offices around my city.

I'm talking from experience, since I joined the Rosae Crucis through a friend whose father is a freemason, five years ago.

There's no paranormal shit at all, but it's also clear that the minor members like me have absolutely no idea what happens on the superior members' circles.
>>
>>17448598
Seriously, this is all. It has to be of your own will, not encouraged by any other man.

However, it has to be unanimously approved by the lodge.
>>
>>17448607
a lot of those are false.

There are many female masons

masons were some of the few groups in the fucked up theocracy Europe with an idea of freedom of religion

those are the only two things i know doesnt match with what ive heard so far

>>17448609
anyone can make a fucking t shirt. As for the church of satan, i dont think so
>>
>>17448614
the thing is, they dont even advertise ANYTHING.

and the argument thats probably told a lot, why were/are so many influential people masons?
>>
File: good mood2.jpg (82KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
good mood2.jpg
82KB, 480x640px
I'm this guy: >>17448602 >>17448614

This guy is also right:>>17448607

The rules change a lot depending on your branch.

For example: to join Job's Daughters you HAVE to be female, while some houses accept both, and some only man. Only young man join the Rosae Crucis, which I'm part of.

The free interpretation of the bible, and the creed in the creator of the universe is a constant. In the lower levels, no one talks anything even reomtely about SATANISM.

Mayber in the upper levels, but the minor members are guided literally using the bible, and instructed to always be fair, calm, just, peaceful and etc.
>>
>>17448630
so, the branch youre a part is a bunch of christian faggots?
>>
>>17448610

Other things happen at the upper levels of the masonic organization. MInor members like me know nothing of those.

There's basically another institution inside the institution. The Rosae Crucis is pretty much a helping hand to promising young man that wnat to research/work in relevant areas. (relevant to them in general).

There's things happening behind the scenes, but we from the lower levels just don't know shit.
>>
>>17448636

Basically, but we get to know a lot of powerful people, unlike a church that is full of plebeians. We also don't pray for anything, we work, and the members respect and protect each other.

It's a very healthy environment overall. My parents hate the idea that I joine them though.
>>
>>17448530
Joining the Masons, at least in most of the continental US, is almost absurdly easy. Typically what you need is a sponsor, but you can and people do attain one simply by identifying a Mason and asking what they'd need to do to join up. I was invited to join once just because I lived near a guy who belonged and we saw each other almost every morning.

Some people will claim this is bullshit but they either a: don't know what the fuck they're talking about and just buy into the esoteric rumors blindly or b: are only familiar with I guess lodges of importance and exclusivity like in large cities in Europe or something.

But here in the American mid-west, they're not real picky about who they let in or why.
>>
>>17448628

Like I said, they search for promising people to join their ranks, because it will strenghten the whole institution. Since I was known for my good history with data transmission, telecomunications and such, this friend of mine invited me, and I was iniciated.

I also was instructed to only invite people "like me". They search for a specific profile of "hardworkers" to join the lower levels, to be "used" by institution. You get the picture.
>>
>>17448644
what if you and most people have joined wannabe mason groups, instead of the real shit? what if thats whats up`?
>>
>>17448644

Which branch did you join? I'm the Rosae Crucis guy.
>>
>>17448652
I dunno, I mean, they all recognize one another, but if there were a snob factor where, like, the London lodge(s) pretty much had no use for, and kept secrets from, the hicks over at the Oklahoma City lodge I guess that wouldn't surprise me.

Where it gets confusing I think is what a couple of others in this thread have mentioned, and that's the weird sub branches. Once you get into your Shriners and the like, which can only come from a specific subset of prior Masons, that's where the crazy stuff probably starts up. Conspiracy groups within conspiracy groups!
>>
File: 1407646554124.jpg (800KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1407646554124.jpg
800KB, 960x1280px
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ATTN:: YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TRUTH--

MASONRY WAS CREATED BY RUSSIAN ORTHODOX JEWS TO MOCK THE ONE TRUE RELIGION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
>>
G:.A:.O:.T:.U:.
>>
>>17448652

That's excatly what's up. Joining the Freemasons, the real main institution, is done through these other branches. If you're not a superpowerful star, you're invited to join the minor branches, and you work your way up.

That's to prevent people who are not already "dependent" on the group, and acquainted to it, to easily acquire authority over older and more dedicated members wo are still in lower branches.
>>
>>17448661

Yep, see my comment here:>>17448661

Again, how long have you been a member and which branch did you join? Just curious.
>>
>>17448670
I'm a member of the Royal Order of Jesters, Court 30.
>>
>>17448682

Nice. There's a house for you guys not far away from me, but it's outside my state. Always good to meet other members though. Be safe.
>>
>>17448682

You really are a Xeno clone. Like the original Xeno, but with a stroke.
>>
I'm a Mason, you have to be invited. My uncle was one and invited me in.
It's nothing like you really think it is, it's just a bunch of upper middle classmen/higher classmen talking about building things and stuff.
>>
>>17448762
That's about all I've ever seen. Some charity work, a few yearly celebrations and performances.
>>
>>17448714
That's very kind of you, thank you!

>>17448721
>Like the original Xeno, but with a stroke.
I consider myself more like sour cream and chives flavored Xeno, but with a stroke.
>>
>>17448767
Yeah, we just either go out to eat and discuss it there, or one of us just brings food to the meeting place.
Nothing super secret or anything.
We have done quite a few fundraising events at town festivals for charities, it's pretty nice
>about how to get in
We study peoples character, we don't like to let in a bunch of douchebags who'll fuck up everyone or put down others opinions without having a reasonable counter opinion.
You really just have to know a mason, while being a respectful person. Other than that, you're all good.
>>
top kek.
few weeks ago worked in one place (restaurant)
today i found out i was working on another street side from my city's mason lodge.
but the building looks abandoned, dunno maybe entrance is in basement or smth. website that guided me was copyrighted in 2008 and it said that mason lodge was open in 2005 weird.
>>
>>17448662
If u use capslock everything u say becomes 48% more true
>>
>>17448614
>>17448628

There's an old (tiny) museum that has the compass literally printed out and taped to the door.
The building is undergoing renovation so maybe they'll make it nicer but my town is a piece of shit right next to Yale.
I have no idea why they chose that location.
>>
File: why.png (2MB, 1448x714px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
2MB, 1448x714px
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but can someone help me understand why they have 2 houses on the same street?
>>
File: whyy.png (2MB, 1435x835px) Image search: [Google]
whyy.png
2MB, 1435x835px
>>17449065
officially listed location
>>
>>17448557
You can't be invited. You MUST ask of your own free will.

>>17448603
I thought it closer to six. But either way, because that's how many have asked to join.

And care to sum up what Mr Carlson says?

>>17448622
>a lot of those are false.
>There are many female masons
There are women who call themselves Masons, but it doesn't make them so.

>>17448628
>the thing is, they dont even advertise ANYTHING.
Of course we do. All buildings have "MASONIC CENTRE" in big letters.
Grand Lodge of Scotland has a long history of putting meeting notices in newspapers.
>and the argument thats probably told a lot, why were/are so many influential people masons?
Because they were the joining type of people who sought knowledge. Just the Masonic kind.

>>17448762
If true, you and your uncle should be expelled, and you would have to be readmitted.

>>17449065
One looks more like an office, but they could have just expanded due to need. Or one could be the Prince Hall building.
>>
File: 1455919600193.jpg (874KB, 4000x5648px) Image search: [Google]
1455919600193.jpg
874KB, 4000x5648px
>approach local masons
>"I do it for free"
>Bring your own cinderblocks
Hope this helps
>>
>>17448530
Usually, You have to be male and then have a family member that was a mason-- before you will even be considered. At least that's how the masons work in my town...
>>
>>17449540
Also, you have to believe and confess in a 'higher power'. It doesn't necessarily have to be the Christian God but a higher power nonetheless.
>>
>>17449540
No, it isn't. Except for the male part, of course.
>>
>>17449545
Just saying how it works in my town. I tried to join and they asked me about past family members. I don't know anything else about it other than my experience.
>>
>>17449550
Of course they ask, but if they reject you on those grounds, they're acting against their constitutions, and could face severe censure.
>>
>>17448530
Its it all that great honestly, a couple old white Christfags who hate blacks and women and just so happen to have secret information on how the world works that you could easily learn from any Spielberg movie.
Source: my dad's a mason
>>
>>17449466

you're so full of shit it's a joke.
but hey if it makes you feel important answering peoples questions go for it.
>>
>>17449589
Important? No. Less bored? Yes.
What did i say which was incorrect?
>>
>>17448530
>>17448530
the masonic order performs rituals and symbolic acts traditionally, but don't retain the reason for them at all and encourage speculation among their members.

Their deists, god as indifferent architect of the universe - and thus are very similar to secular humanitarians.

You gotta be related to a mason, generally speaking, to be accepted. They don't have the clout they once had, but pragmatically they still band together as an all-purpose club of similar thinking people.

The masons themselves don't really know why their ancient rituals exist or what they signify but a few masons have published publicly available books that speculate on much of their origins. Plenty of ex-members have also spilled the beans on all their weird shit, which isn't that weird to be fair.

You generally already got to be rich and powerful and connected to be asked to join, much like Bohemian grove - so historically, when they were a big deal was it because they had secret power over the world or was it more likely that they gave benefits and prestige to people who ALREADY controlled the world?

Being a mason is going to be pretty fucking disappointing for you, though. Yes, some weird ritual shit, but they're not going to explain it and they don't believe it does anything anyway, and most of what you'll do is charity work.
>>
>>17449621
>but they're not going to explain
Because spoonfeeding is contrary to Masonic principles.
>>
>>17449540
This is only due to the lodges in your local area. They're most likely not the bottom-most lodges. The bottom-most or most outside lodges will take anyone for any reason, and almost never say no. Your local lodges likely aren't like this. They're probably a bit more higher up.
>>
>>17448557
>As far as I know you have to be invited by another mason:.

Strictly forbidden.

Only the Knights Templar invite.

To be a Freemason, you have to ask one.

Hence the acronym 2B1Ask1
>>
>>17449717
Most places don't even have Templar as invitational anymore. The appendent ones beyond that still are, of course.
>>
>>17449717
I knew a freemason. He was invited in. As soon as he got in, he invited me in. Don't know if it's usual. I declined. I can get drunk at home.
>>
>>17448650
so, middle-upper class white men?
>>
>>17449717
My neighbor is a freemason and he told me that most people get in by being invited by a member they already know and who judges them to have the right principals and strengh of character to join.

>>17449621
>You generally already got to be rich and powerful and connected to be asked to join
This isn't true.
>>
It's a very easy process to join. I simply called the contact for my nearest lodge to get the ball rolling and filled out a petition. After you petition, they'll send a few guys to your home to do a sort of interview with you. It'll be pretty basic shit, just asking you about yourself and kind of giving you some information about them. I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but for me, I didn't know any Freemason's beforehand, so a couple of the guys they sent to my house were my sponsors.

So after meeting you, they'll have a vote during a meeting to determine whether or not you'll be allowed to join. In all likelihood you will, so you'll be contacted and brought in for initiation.

This is how it went for me, so I assume it's a pretty similar process in other places.
>>
You literally just ask one.....

Either find a lodge in your town or find a mason

Two of my fraternity brothers were masons so I asked them about it

Told me where their lodge was
Stopped by one day and it was pretty cool

There are members from literally every aspect of life

Janitors, teachers, real estate agents as well as the owner of a huge rail road company and a famous pianist who was stopping by in town that day

We literally sat down and ate spaghetti and lemon cake when I went

I continue my experience with mw next post
>>
>>17450158
Aight

So after dinner they had a meeting so me and a few other interested people sat in living room/lounge area with different swords and cool awards as well as a portrait of george Washington

A few masons sat out there with us and just chatted and answered any questions we had

Now as i mentioned before two of my fraternity bros were masons and one of them was a huge dipshit he was that guy in your circle of friends you know? So if the "illuminati" let this guy join it cant be that bad right?
>>
>>17450168

So the masons explain that we have to show face and come to lodge often meet people and let them get to know you

This is a legitimate organization and want to ensure that no members will ever get busted for cheese pizza, theft, stuff like that

So thats what I did, went to lodge when I could met alot of interesting people ate more spaghetti and learned ALOT about the history about my hometown which had alot to do with them

So after I was "cool" i had to get my petition meaning I needed written evidence of masons vouching and putting their reputation on the line

After that they investigate the hell out of you through ways you never thought

After all that......
If it interests you that much ask one

Protip if you're atheist dont even try, you have to believe some sort of higher power

You cant bullshit they will find out if youre lying
>>
>>17450185
>You cant bullshit they will find out if youre lying

You are right about that.

And the Templars are even more thorough. Not only do they investigate, they test you as well, in ways you'd never imagine, to see whether or not you're worthy.
>>
>>17450489
Do tell.
>>
>>17448630
Most likely will be going to law school, maybe in the states. How likely am I to get invited? Any way to increase my chances?
>>
>>17450844
>How likely am I to get invited?
0% in a real lodge. There's nothing you could do to increase those odds.
>>
>>17450929
Literally just go to the lodge and ask to join

As long as you believe in a higher power, are more or less a good person with personal convictions and have the intention of joining to grow more as a person youll be fine
>>
>>17448530

You go to their website?

http://www.ugle.org.uk/
>>
>>17451859
Knock three times on door(frontal door of masonery)
Or try to find some memeber of FM in family or close friends
>>
You can seriously go to your local lodge pay a fee and become a free mason
>>
>>17451859
Exactly my point. No one can be invited.
>>
File: GOR (8).jpg (2MB, 5968x1760px) Image search: [Google]
GOR (8).jpg
2MB, 5968x1760px
What is so good about freemasons?

They pretend to habour secret knowledge, let you know they have it but don't reveal the content and restrict from you litterally because there where here first. In order to be worthy of that knowledge you have to pay penance to them and confine to there lifestyle. There knowledge is nothing sacred and they keep it hidden because if you found out that there is no secret they have nothing to entice you with. Why do you think it takes so long to get to the higher ranks, because by the time you do and figure out there is no secret, you have already invested and devoted so much time into the lifestyle any change at that point would cause massive discomfort, you will be too comfortable to change everything, and justify and convince yourself why you won't instead perpetuate the lie for the next generation and lead them down a false path to watch them make the same mistakes you made.

Shit is a joke, who tells someone they know a secret but don't want to reveal the content? If you have a secret you don't even let people know you are hiding one. How can people fall for this shit.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 212x238px
>>17452468
>>
>>17452307

Depends on how technical you want to be with "invited."

You can talk to a guy you know who you think would be a good Mason, tell him about Masonry and that you think he'd enjoy it, and then hand him a petition. I call that "inviting him to join." You're not handing him a free pass to get in - he still has to fill out the paperwork and go through the process to join the Lodge like everybody else.

So if you consider "inviting someone to join" to be telling him flat-out that he's a member, then yeah, you still can't do that.

Frankly Freemasonry needs all the new blood it can get, so if you're still stuck in the old way of thinking that you can't ever approach a guy you think would be a credit to the Lodge, you're part of the problem.
>>
>>17452468

It's like the extreme version of whats in the box but instead of risking your hand to see whats inside, it's your life, haha.
>>
My granfather and my father are freemasons. It's not thaaaaat big deal, just a bunch of old dudes talking about freedom and philosophy.
>>
>>17452480
>I call that "inviting him to join."
I wouldn't, nor would most GLs which distribute cards. Simply because not everyone knows what Masonry is, so it's not really inviting when you encourage someone to learn a bit about it and decide for themselves.
>Frankly Freemasonry needs all the new blood it can get,
I disagree. A good cull is really in order so we can stop obsessing over numbers, which does more harm than good. Quality over quantity, ya know?
>so if you're still stuck in the old way of thinking that you can't ever approach a guy you think would be a credit to the Lodge
Trouble is your idea of someone being a credit to the Craft might be very different. My lodge was ruined by overly kind members bringing in all kinds of half-wit. One was actually a half-wit who kept giggling through the ceremony. That was done because, "We needed numbers" and, "he's such a good guy, he'd surely be a good Mason."
That and quite a few other cases ended up scaring away the stalwart (younger) guys who believed that we should be stricter.
>>
>>17448602
My dad I found out is a Freemason ask me anything.
>>
>>17452468
>Why do you think it takes so long to get to the higher ranks
Lol.
>because by the time you do and figure out there is no secret
Ya'll what we call the spoonfeeding type. Certainly not suitable to be a Mason if you can't learn from what is given, since THAT is the secret and the whole point.
>>
>>17452497

Don't forget to pay your fee before you do. Can't bask in the egocentric lifestyle perpetuated by freemasonry without making your contribution. So get that well deserved ego boost now from your nearest lodge. They will indoctrinate you to have that superiority complex you always wanted and you can rest assured that you took the simplest approach in dealing with those feelings of adequacy.
>>
>>17452529
>all these communists
Protip: buildings cost money, as does electricity, and air con.
>>
>>17452518

I have no problem with learning. They have nothing to teach that is not already known. I know what you are suggesting. That the experiential knowledge gained by following there discipline and living there lifestyle leading to a better understanding is the secret. The fact is though they just copied another disicipline which leads you to the same understanding difference is you don't have to pay money to join or fit a certain criteria.

They don't do good because they care. They do good with the intention to cover there own tracks because actions speak louder than words.
>>
>>17452552
>The fact is though they just copied another disicipline which leads you to the same understanding difference is you don't have to pay money to join or fit a certain criteria.
It's one of the original disciplines, though. And no one is saying you have to be a Mason. Certainly not for some "secret" which non-members have invented. But those who seek knowledge always duly appreciate it.
>>
>>17452548

Protip: you don't need a building, electricity or aircon to convey a idea or belief.

Unless you are hungry for material possesion that is.
>>
>>17452566
Duh, but if you want to have a place for your group to meet you'll need one.
And you've missed out on quite a bit of learning if you can't reasonably appreciate material possessions, or work out the purpose of Freemasons meeting in lodges.
>>
>>17452556

How is it original? I don't want to be a mason. Non members didn't invent that they have a secret. It was created to spur interest to increase the number of members and they don't admit to having a secret, but they act as if they do. They just butchered old doctrine by adding in non sensical bullshit like rituals and symbolism and be very vauge about it. Anyone is going to make the assumption they are hiding a secret.
>>
>>17452575

Go ad hominem elsewhere. That tactic is out of date.
>>
>>17452585
>Non members didn't invent that they have a secret.
They kinda did by misunderstanding the Craft's use of privacy and discretion.
>They just butchered old doctrine by adding
Missing the point.
>Anyone is going to make the assumption they are hiding a secret.
Yea, a lot of people are idiots.
>>
>>17452592
It's not ad hom when it's true.
Otherwise, prove me wrong, bro.
>>
File: TwainQuote.jpg (67KB, 432x423px) Image search: [Google]
TwainQuote.jpg
67KB, 432x423px
>>17452593

Its easier to misunderstand something you know nothing about when they hide it from you.

I'm not missing the point because you have not made a point.
>>
>>17452596

You have no idea what you are talking about lol
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.