[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future Intel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

In the year 2032, identity theft is ruled a class three threat to the global continuum. The origin of this threat is traced and primarily attributed to an event taking place on August 23, 1985; the installation of the first automated telephone switchboard. The event has been classified as the invention of wire fraud, the technique used most frequently by identity thieves. After much fuddling about, an alternate origin point was created that minimized the threat of identity theft. 50 years later the divergences became too great and the information provided by the alternate sequence of events was no longer applicable to tracking activities in this timeline. The information has been collected, secured, and returned to the future for compression and further analysis. No further action is warranted or advisable at this time.

In 2045, after a thorough analysis of wire fraud potentials and following the international use of forward peace organizations, a citizen's consensus will rule the U.S. Federal National Security Agency (NSA) as a class three terror threat due to the NSA's potential to use of wire fraud in attempting to address the global threat of wire fraud. As the primary beneficiary of wire fraud, the NSA will be immediately terminated, pending further investigation. In 2047 the effect will be ruled permanent, pending investigation. That's when it lands on my desk. Since this is a public navigation crisis, I will be obliged to do what's necessary to repair the timestream. In a moment, provided cooperation, we can expose the true extent of the conspiracy. Please show the following memo to
>cont
However, due to a recurring bug in the U.S. Federal constitution, it is occasionally (in some timelines) a felony to threaten a federal officer, so please bring a K.N.I.F.E. to let them know you're serious.

Now would be a good time to acquaint yourself with the phrase "has 'em so tied up in paperwork that they'll be negotiating reparations for the next 300 thousand years."
>>
This message should be considered to have been delayed 24 hours. If the memo has not been cleaned and posted in 48 hours I'll try my best to recover and replicate the information for accuracy's sake. Please note that echoing the memo back in time is not illegal at this time. It concludes with the following sentiment:

>upon convergence of this letter, this and all related threads should be added to my observer's log, here:
>>17356699 (<http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17356699/>)

>>17447493 (cont)
your immediate supervisor. Hard copies only, thank you. We're not in a position to have reason to risk any further wire fraud while we clean up this mess. We've done it without wires before.
--
Additionally, in preparation for my March 2016 thread titled "Intelligence Estimates", I'll take some time now to answer some of the unanswered posts that I didn't have time to answer in my...
Last thread: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17228409/
>>
>>17447493
>http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17228409

Which technique from subsection 4 of the following:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-backwards/

does your device use?
>>
Ooh look another time travel roleplay thread.
>>
>>17447495
Hey how about you eat a pbnj out of my ass instead?
>>
>>17447529

the ones on /pol/ have been fucking great lately
>>
>>17447524
Lemme take a look.

That article doesn't discuss time travel or methods of time travel, it discusses a notion of backwards causation as it applies to interpreting physics. It's not an engineering paper by any stretch. It's a good start, but it's not a complete analysis in its own right.
>>
>>17447524
Just finished the paper. The entire paper is a mess of arguments about the direction of causation, ie., the arrow of time. The point of the paper is to argue that we can't answer or even ask questions about retrocasaulity until we have a fundamental agreement about what time is and how we define it.

If you didn't notice, it's a philosophy paper. It leads to a conclusion. It doesn't suppose any method of achieving retrocausal interaction. Your question is, by consequence, asked from a very confused state.
>>
"Time travelers": people in our modern time that like to throw together a bunch of big science-y words and act like they have sometype of actual meaning. Oh yea, and sage.
>>
>>17447637

okay future boy, does Donald Trump become president. If so, how great is America in the future.
>>
>>17447857
No.
>>17447495
>to answer some of the unanswered posts
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17228409/#17241690_1
These are the posts I've selected. I'll reply to each of them in a moment.
>>
>>17241690,2 (loopback post)
>>17236313
That is the most reliable form of temporal technology, yes.
>>17236419
That is the reasoning behind the term "origin point." To navigate time safely, you'll need to have a strong grasp of any origin points that might conflict with your travel. It is highly applicable to the field of time travel.
>>17236676
>Do you visit yourself in other timelines?
Not if I can help it. Being within 100 miles of my alternate tends to be a forward action on my part.
>Can you go back to the original timeline you jumped from?
Ideally, yes. Tragically, when betrayed, sometimes this becomes physically intractable ("impossible"). This is the reason we record and keep track of discrete origin points.
>What are some things that were prevented from happening in this timeline?
Proving that information would be a doubly forward action. Saying it runs the risk of causing it a second time.
>>17240995
The situation you describe is highly illegal. You should report to a decent authority immediately for debriefing.
>>17241050
That's the problem I'll be working on all year. I've scheduled six threads for 2016, spaced two months apart for uniform detection. If you don't see a thread titled "Intelligence Estimates" by the end of the month, you'll know foul play is afoot.
>>17237133
>>17237225
Notable posts.
>>
>>17449868,1
Route closed.
>>
>>17447637
>It doesn't suppose any method of achieving retrocausal interaction. Your question is, by consequence, asked from a very confused state

Mechanisms:

4.1 The Wheeler-Feynman Absorber Theory
4.2 Tachyons
4.3 Quantum Mechanics
4.4 Two alternatives
>>
>>17450080
Those subsections are devoted to constructing the argument. "Two alternatives" is the section that puts the argument together. It's a philosophy paper through and through, and your insistence on getting an answer is pretty alarming. You shouldn't be able to be this misinformed and still think your question makes sense. You've trusted someone with too much of your right to think for yourself, so I would recommend not trusting whoever told you that article contained MODELS for time TRAVEL.
>>
Bump for memo. I might have extend the 48 hour wait since this is a matter of equilibrium. If you're just joining the thread now, we're waiting on future me to send back a cleaned (temporally safe) version of the memo.
>>
this is poor and you should stop
>>
If only OP knew that backwards "time-travel" was impossible then this whole thread could have been avoided.

Note to OP: Learn about things before you write stories about them. It makes you look less of an idiot.
>>
>>17453762
I've seen information travel back in time countless times now. There's no reason for me to doubt any of this.
>>
>>17453780

Just, stop. It's terrible, mate. Honestly.

If you're interested in time, space and physics, and want to learn more, I suggest you stop reading/watching whatever you're reading/watching and go back to basics.

Just understanding an Electron takes months.

I've studied Physics for 16 years. I gave up after 14.

The rabbit hole goes much deeper than "time-travel", mate. That's meme science. Reality is much weirder.
>>
>>17453819
Not everyone learns at the same pace, friend. It's not wise to judge others by yours.
>>
>>17453836
I'm not judging anyone, I'm just trying to give OP an idea of what he's dealing with when it comes to physics. He has the wrong concept of what time actually is.

People spout all kinds of inane shit that fits their world-view.. Simulation theory, String theory, MW theory, time-travel.. but ask them to describe an electron and they're fucking dumbfounded.

Time-travel backwards is impossible because all "time-travel" is impossible. Time isn't linear, nor can you apply a direction to it. There is no "forward" or "backward" or "upward". That's just a concept. A model we use to describe previous and future states of objects.
>>
>>17453876
I am OP. I understand my limitations with regard to classical physics, but you have to understand that your entire world view is ultimately a falsifiable hypothesis. Even one bit of evidence of time travel is enough to completely erase the decades of research that have been put in to study relativity.
>>
>>17447495
>in 48 hours
Well, that's that. Maybe the memo is late, maybe it was never written, maybe it's illegal to send it back in time, even after being cleaned of too much sensitive information, maybe it was never mine to write, maybe it appeared in another timeline, maybe it never came across my desk, maybe I'll never get a job as a temporal information cleanup officer, or maybe time travel doesn't exist. Nobody really knows which is which back here in 2016. I'll think about extending the deadline a week or so to see if this is worth doing.

Maybe if we're *REALLY* lucky, they'll let us send back a picture of the future. Hint hint. I'm not really sure why anyone expected the first evidence of time travel to be anything but overly bureaucratic.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.