[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have become enlightened.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: buddha.jpg (593KB, 2556x1767px) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
593KB, 2556x1767px
I am here to spread my message.

First, that to embrace pain is the first step on the path to enlightenment. It was said that suffering was to be avoided, which is to be understood to a certain extent; the subjective decision to engage in suffering is no longer experienced by the enlightened, but an embrace of its purpose and qualities are. So, too, must you not abandon the ideals of the body. Hedonism should be embraced at first. It is through the shock of your failed worldview that you begin to understand suffering, and go on to embrace the pain, fear, and other emotions we foolishly deem negative. So it must be understood from here on that the first maxim of enlightenment is a powerful and personal detachment is to occur after a period of strict and hedonistic attachment. The Buddha, too, fell from grace in this way; all of the enlightened have experienced these extreme ways of living.
>>
>>17447370

The second maxim is to embrace Dualism. Embrace it in both a philosophical and spiritual, actualized nature. Understand through meditation or intellectual pursuits, or physical or artistic pursuits, for there are many paths to a single goal, all aspects of the material world that you experience. Understand it now as a form of reality, and understand separate modes of reality -- such as the mental - physical split.
>>
>>17447386

The third maxim is ego death. A fully actualized monistic experience will shock the mind when we think in dualistic terms, and many practitioners will not be able to advance past this step, for it breeds fear in the hearts of men. But as we have previously embraced suffering to its fullest extent, and have gone on to fully embrace Dualism, we may experience the full benefit of having the shocking realization without the previous affliction.
>>
>>17447406

The fourth maxim is to embrace paradox. Living in an illusory world of perceptions which displays dualistic ideals while at the same time being fully aware of brahman in an actualized sense can be a difficult task. If you can find no way to rationalize what you have experienced, then you are still far from enlightenment. For this is how we go about the noble eightfold path; all of our sensations, perceptions, actions, and so on are made correct through these experiences and our rationalization of them.
>>
>>17447425
See now, /x/, that I have experienced brahman, and have had the veil of maya lifted from my eyes. For if you follow my maxims, you too can be. Enlightenment is not something to be reserved for kings and presidents, it is available to all. Nothing prevents anyone from experiencing it. Once you understand its nature, you may never return to a point in your cognition prior to the experience; it is only fear which prevents us from this great realization.
>>
>>17447439

Know this word, fear, for it is a roadblock on your path. You will come to embrace it in time, but what does it mean to embrace fear? Are we to overcome fear, or are we to be constantly afraid? No. We must understand it, understand its necessity, how important it is to us as living beings, and also understand its emptiness, that none of the things avoided by a fear reflex are actually to be considered "bad". These notions -- good and bad, right and wrong, dark and light -- no longer mean anything once you experience enlightenment. It is only the relationship between them that is of any interest to us!
>>
>>17447451
Thus concludes my first sermon here.
Ask questions, my friends and followers, and determine what my next sermon will address.

I have given you the tools to become enlightened already. Everything from now on is supplementary. Ask me questions that develop along the path.
>>
>>17447370
>I have become enlightened
>I have
>My maxims
>My
>embrace dualism

How can you observe and embrace dualism objectively? Without first having to be separate from it.

Try again, anon, you're close.

Protip: when you get there, you can't reach people through the webs, you have to get out there an just speak to people.
>>
>>17447370
>I have become enlightened.

You will pay for this. It is a sin.

"Not having reached enlightenment oneself, do not seek to prove what it is with clever words; and while still in confusion, do not make others confused."
>>
>>17447865
The actions of men are not important.
It is fine if you feel that you have reached some kind of knowledge and you wish to share it. Even if you are wrong.
>>
File: 4251796_orig.png (196KB, 661x800px) Image search: [Google]
4251796_orig.png
196KB, 661x800px
>>17447865
indeed.
"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."
And: "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent."

OP, you may be interested in Seung Sahn's "Zen Circle" (pic related). It maps pretty well onto your four maxims.

What I love about Eastern philosophy is that it always comes full circle. You always wind up back where you started. The more you understand reality, the more easily you are able to change it -- but the more you understand reality, the less you want to change it!

There is only one true sin, I think, and that is non-participation, whose mental component is cynicism.
>>
>>17447370
>First, that to embrace pain is the first step on the path to enlightenment.
Buddha said to neither welcome what is desirable nor rebel against what is unpleasant is the path to enlightenment.

He also said if someone comes saying they have words from the buddha to neither accept nor reject them at first, but to weigh what they say against what the buddha has already said and if they are in line with what he has already said then he speaks the truth and if they are out of line with what he has already said then they speak falsely.

What you have said is out of line with the buddha, thus you have spoken falsely. Shut up.
>>
If you have reached enlightenment, can I see a picture of your sleeping room?

If you have reached enlightenment, can I ask how you are happy when baby-chicks are ground up by the billions? Can you tell me you'd be happy going through that?

If I cut you loose from your limbs would you still teach me the dharma? If I stole everything from you, would you still teach me the dharma?

If I called you a faggot liar, and sentenced you to burrning, can you still teach me the dharma?

If I skinned off your face, and wore it as my own, and wore all of you as my own, would I gain enlightenment? If I kissed at your feet and listened to all you had to tell me, and made it part of my being, would I be enlightened?

Op am I enlightened? If you are you can tell me, right? You can recognize the light in others?

Can you see a dim flame in a room that is lit brighter than the sun?

Better question; why is it that knowing what you know and believing what you believe good for me? Can you say honestly that your teaching can bring enlightenment to those dying horribly of sickness? What of those living in the sky-towers? Can you tell me that you could make happiness with your teaching, whilst living as a leper?
>>
>>17447370
and I stepped out while it was raining and I became wet
I now have wet clothes which prove myself being wet
You claim to become enlightened, call yourself "Prophet" yet you did not prophetize anything, just say bunch of statements loosely tied together, mix that up with buddha/dharma/pita & shoarma. Whatever
Fuck you and your sermons
If i want to be wise I'll read books on the subjects I want and do my own research, not claim some bullshit spiritual enlightment

no offense to actual Buddhists, you guys are OK
>>
F A K E A N D G A Y
>>
>>17449044
>how can philosophy and my thoughts and actions effect what I feel
the edge
>>
>>17447386
Enlightenment is knowing yourself truly and honestly, and your place in the universe. Knowing that all is connected. It is knowing the duality of nature and the understanding the paradox of chaos and order coexisting simultaneously.

Some will try to tell you that enlightenment is the full acceptance of positivity and love, but these people would be wrong. The negative should be accepted just as much as the positive. No one is capable of unconditionally loving everyone. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you, themselves, and is denying a critical part of who they are.
>>
>>17447460
Why are you trying to set people on this path, here on /x/? It sure is interesting, but why here?
>>
>>17447370
fuck you nigger
>>
>>17449044
Well, the guy is not forcing you to read this.
>>
>>17447370
What a load of bull shit. Enjoy your enlightenment.
>>
>>17449343
What's your place in the universe? Don't lie, your just as fucked up as everybody else.
>>
>enlightened
>4chan

Pick one
>>
>>17447370
Be warned everyone. Anyone claiming to be enlightened is a big red flag for me. Take what this one says with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17447370
Soo, sadism?
>>
I am an antichrist and prophet of Satan. Your new-age "wisdom" is no match for my black magick.

See, you know I'm legit because I spelled it with a k.
>>
File: Dtitled-2.jpg (126KB, 510x338px) Image search: [Google]
Dtitled-2.jpg
126KB, 510x338px
>>
>>17449620
But you pointed your "k" out without the '"".
>>
>>17447370
Tolerance for pain and physical detachment are both important things to gain experience with.

Remember, though, to treat yourself kindly. You are thoughts and memories, and below you is a vessel slave to the impulses you give it. When you volunteer your body to be scarred, you are volunteering someone who is not yourself for it.
>>
>>17447370
How does one reach jhana? How long does it take?
>>
Dumping this for some lightning spice.
>>
File: pyramid_4125893.jpg (64KB, 623x363px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid_4125893.jpg
64KB, 623x363px
My path of enlightenment falls under the box of "ascension"

Ever heard of mysticism by the way? I followed the rabbit hole, and that shit is fucking wonderful.
>>
>>17447370
>I am here to spread my message.
>yours
Sounds like your message is bunk. Every decent Buddha warns their followers about the authority delusion.
>>
>>17447370
You are still experiencing form, time. You don't have true insight into the arising and passing away of form. I doubt you have reached any level of samadhi. You don't have dharma eye that can see clearly in the 10 directions. You don't know the mind of all buddhas. You don't know the causes and conditions of every being. You are lacking omniscience.
>>
>>17447370
i'm happy for you op
wisdom is desirable above all
idk thats just what im told
>>
>>17447370
I was enlightened too, but I ran out of mushrooms. such is life.
>>
>>17451300

Whats my cause and condition
>>
>>17451318
I'm no more omniscient than op, or a bag of rocks. I would say your daddy fucked your mom, and because of ignorance of what suffering was you decided it was a nice warm dark hole to start forming a body in. Your condition is sitting on a chair reading squiggly lines made out of electrified chemicals trying to divine deeper meaning from what other people have already thought about.
>>
>>17451374
I guess forchan bleads through my neurons tonight.
>>
hi, dont want to make new thread.
i meditate sometimes, but rarely 1-2 times per few weeks i guess, but today wasnt usual as always, i started seeing some kind of armorial bearings, some looked similar to russia country - you know two headed eagles with lot writhes, passed through that momment when fear occurs as if some alien/dark figure is standing near me in my room and watching me, later my leg kind of moved to another side, after that once i stopped meditating i kind of felt cool/freshness in my right half of head, anyone can comment on this ?
ps. i also felt for first time like im not being a thing more like im merged with the whole
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.