[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sp00ky mental disorders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 81_x_1389265299.jpg (167KB, 700x558px) Image search: [Google]
81_x_1389265299.jpg
167KB, 700x558px
Hey /x/, I've been stuck in derealization for almost two months now following a series of panic attacks. It's like I'm dreaming all day everyday and I hate it. I feel like I'm going to go insane all of the time and sleep like shit.

Have any of you ever been in this situation? Are any of you diagnosed with other mental illnesses?
>>
>>17446102
My brother has bad thoughts and is afraid/paranoid of everything. He hears voices to, how can I help him?
>>
>>17446102
if you don't think you can handle it yourself, ask God for help.

might not be your time to seek him out yet, but everybody finds out that God is real eventually, some just find out that the devil is real first.
>>
>>17446102
I'm a person who suffers from severe dissociation. What helped me? Medication. Lamictal actually. I think a GP can prescribe it. Either that or go to a psychiatrist.

it's really the only thing that works.
>>
Do you sleep like shit but also oversleep when you are able to?
Medication is probably the best answer
>>
>>17446136
I am seeking help right now. I am on anxiety meds and the obsessive thinking is going away with counseling. My major issue was existential questions. Also good for you.
>>
>>17446146
Mmhmm
>>
>>17446134
How can I find god? I have tried to reach out but my attempts always feel disingenuous. I used to be very spiritual when my life was in order. I've since lost faith.
>>
>>17446136
That's what we think my brother has. >>17446127 We're putting him on natural remedies and Niocin. I'm thinking of exorcizing him or trying to call out any demons/evil spirits out of him while he's sleeping.
>>
>>17446134
God is oftentimes what you see when you're losing your mind. People kill their family members and devolve into fits of rage and hatred due to "god" either that or people bury their heads in the sand and repeat phrases like "go find god. go find god." instead of facing their problems or accepting issues with the world. Because "god" is the cure all.

god doesn't want you to rely on him for everything. He made you independent for a reason, and he has no problem with abandoning you because of your naiievity and stupidity.
>>
>>17446164
herbal remedies do not work. In fact, most drugs dont even work. Lamictal is an anti-seizure and convulsant. Thats proof enough that dissociation and derealization is caused by faulty electrical signals in the brain. not chemical ones. If medication can solve it, it's not demons either.
>>
>>17446158
just keep your eyes and your ears open...
"synchronicities", coincidences etc.
and know that you'll continue to learn lessons as you experience life and grow to become a better person.. so try to better yourself first, stay away from negative people, don't be a drain to others, and take risks/follow your dreams.

Part of having Faith is not giving up on your dreams...

What worked for me before I started accepting spiritual guidance was eating healthy, cutting band friends off, and exercising - but I'm an athlete so it's probably different for you: if you neglect your body and what goals or dreams you want to achieve, you're going to end up depressed - or at least I did.

I just think by reading what you've written is that the devil is assailing you in some unseen or not obvious way, personally, and that he wants you to blame God for it, or wants you to think that your prayers will never be answered...
>>
>>17446181
Okay, thanks. We have a bit of a dark past, he has always had this but it wasn't bad before, it didn't effect our family. He's also a more awful person now so I thought bad spirits or thoughts are worsening it.
>>
>>17446217
>cutting band friends off
cutting bad friends off*
>>
>>17446222
Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses higher up on the scale are degenerative and get worse with time unless medication is applied. It has to do with the grey matter on the brain and how the folds shrink over time due to schizophrenia cutting the linkages of the neurons.

here's a pic.

schizophrenia is actually in the same group of illnesses as dementia.

also! Its as environmentally linked as it is genetically linked. people are genetically predisposed, but the illness is triggered by environmental aspects.

If I were you, i'd get heavy metal testing done, and go through a full blood screen.
>>
>>17446292
Thanks a lot, this helps so much. I appreciate it, good luck to you anon, bless your soul.
>>
File: Cheeseburger.jpg (477KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeseburger.jpg
477KB, 2700x1800px
>>17446336
having this mental illness really sucks. But with enough self care, medication, stability, and support, its completely livable.
>>
>>17446493
I did not mean to post a cheeseburger.
>>
>>17446136
I take lamictal for bipolar disorder. weird that it can treat both, medication is awesome
>>
>>17446504
Haha okay man, take it easy
>>
>>17446181
Neuroscientist here. FYI almost all neurotransmission is chemical, although in most cases the primary effect of the chemical is to open up ion channels. Not sure if you're thinking about neuromodulators like dopamine which don't usually directly trigger action potentials, but if so, I agree that the role of dopamine in schizophrenia is way overblown.
>>
>>17446608
If anything (from my knowledge anyway) the dopamine could be a reaction to a different cause. Much like how we bleed when a cut happens. Us bleeding does not cause a cut.
>>
You took the words off from my mouth.

I didint know how to explain or where to talk about.

I have excactly the same things.

First time was just before christmas, following with massive panic attack at new years eve just before 00:00 after work.

Now after few months have passed few days ago i had this panic attack again.

Since that i had this soft feeling inside "eyes" and its hard to watch and tell time from clocks.

Please talk mire with me mister OP !.

Ps : i dont use psy drugs.
>>
>>17446102
As cliche as this is probably going to sound, I fully mean it when I say that things do get better anon. However, the biggest misconception that people have with that truth is that they can just sit idly by and wait for a miracle to come. Unfortunately, that's not the way that things usually tend to roll, and it took me over three years to realize that fact lol. The biggest single most important glimmer of hope that I can give you? One day you will positively never even be able to remember what it felt like to have DP/DR.

I can barely remember waking up drenched in sweat from mild night terrors, seeing shadow people everywhere in my own home, etc. Yet at the time these grave aspects of life consumed my very waking life. I can ensure you with confidence that things will eventually change themselves with your diligent effort guaranteed.

A few quick tips that I can give you is to try and take a daily multi-vitamin, potassium, GABA, slippery elm, and l-glutamine supplements. They have more than completely changed my life and I've never slept better than I do today in years. Try to hold onto the fact that cases like mine are living proof that you *can* recover from DP/DR! It'll just take exercise, diet changes, a vitamin regime, and most importantly positive thoughts. Good luck trying to beat the negative symptoms of your derealization anon. Remember that the /x/ community has got your back at all times. :)
>>
File: nwzxwmj.jpg (324KB, 800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
nwzxwmj.jpg
324KB, 800x2000px
already got the mark: merkury shot
skynet is live: chemtrails of barium/aluminum
both of those conduct radio (antennas)

theres a $5 emf shielding and $12 detectors at \r\gangstalkingmkultra

*sry for the link, its actually the all seing eye, name it whatever you want*
>>
>>17447440
Take your medication.
>>
>>17446102
I have dissociative depression and a history of severe panic attacks. I'm taking an antidepressant and going to weekly therapy. Things are improving.

I went through a summer of severe insomnia during which I experienced sleep paralysis 2-3 times a week. Most insane I've ever been.
>>
>>17447440
No, I really think your into something. Where can I find more information? Source? It's not a coincidence we are being bombarded with heavy metals which replaces mineral deficiencies.
>>
File: obamawhuh.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
obamawhuh.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>17447440
>>
File: [003073].jpg (94KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
[003073].jpg
94KB, 560x700px
>>17446134
>God
not this shit again, you want OP to fight a mental illness with another mental illness?

OP go check yourself in the nearest Hospital and tell them your symptoms, then go from there. Best of luck.
>>
>>17446134
Not this again..People like this are so annoying.. why do you feel the need to do this? How is this possibly going to help?
>>
>>17447440
You're being lead astray by disinformation.

the real lies are about the integrity of your pipes and drinking water. Look how long it took flint to realize it's populace was being poisoned by lead leeching from their pipes.

cities will sooner blame aliens than take accountability for their budget cutting messes.

If you want the truth, start being scientific and reasonable. It's the decade where lead paint is at the end of it's life, lead pipes and orangeberg are eroding, and those cheap homes built in the 70's are crumbling, along with black mold infestations.

your kids are more likely to be born retarded due to taking showers and living in an older home than they ever would taking a vaccine.

FYI? a can of tuna contains more mercury than a vaccine. So... stop eating fish.
>>
>>17447583
yea and mothers are told not to feed salmon to babies

you wouldnt feed your child 64 fish on his first day on earth would you?
agenda 2032 calls for 100 vaccines per child.

-----

do you know what a vaccine is? sick galaxy cells.
green and black fucking suns. a tiny star cell, and sometimes tiny planets, ufos and 7' mutated almost dead bacteria men. able to fly galaxy to galaxy.

they flu here on a spaceship bro. flu. FLU.
>>
>>17446102
Yes. I'm stuck in it. My dreams before I wake are the strongest most lucid I ever am although they have a tracing [drug-like] quality. I am so distant yet people can't tell. Had two girls around me earlier at the bar tonight. Ended up feeling like I permeate a calming attractive energy like a predator may take advantage of. Felt so far away I just left in between sentences and walked home 4 miles in the dark. It was good.
>>
>>17446504
Kek'd
>>
>>17447318
>/x/ got your back
Hah fuck off...
Good points through.
>>
>>17447440
Fuck...this...hard...in...the....p-pussy
>>
>>17446102
All mental illnesses are due to a lack of LIGHT!
>>
>>17446102
so bored with my life this sounds kinda cool.
>>
>>17446102
try a smoooothie...
>>
Ive had it before, it slowly came on after a long drug binge ... I was dreaming at night and when i was awake i couldnt tell the difference, it freaked the fuck outta me and kinda distorted my sense of time and i felt so disconnected from myself, iv had psychotic episodes from drugs before but kniw of them scared me as much as derealization did.. The good news is its not permanent , try to stay lively and sociallize that helped me transistion out of it... It did last a few months but there is light at the end of tunnel. The last thing u wanna do is over analyse your thoughts And sit hopless thinking it wont go away.. It does, and will, chin up budd
>>
>>17446136
I am also suffering from severe anxiety from existential questions. It's like a snowball effect, once I start to get the fear it gets worse and worse til I can't breathe, thought I was having heart attacks.

I told shrink the truth about everything. My views my fears etc...fast forward one year I am diagnosed bipolar type 2 and it's total bullshit . I am depressed maybe but bipolar, hell nah.

I am Rx: lithium 1800mg daily. Serequell 200mg daily. Paxil and klonopin half an mg three times daily. The only meds that halp are the serequell and klonopin. I don't take the lithium and I've had a much better quality of life now
>>
i suffer of severe depersonalization/derealisation and paranoia + depression, any advice? I go to the psychologist but it’s not helping very much, and I feel like suicide is the best solution but honestly I'm too lazy to kill myself and it seems pointless like everything else
>>
>>17446102
I still have this happen to me sometimes and I learned to enjoy it, it's weird but it seems to make my experience of time to go faster and the dreamlike quality is interesting.
>>
>>17446102
Never been in that situation for that long. I have Aspergers, depression, and Anxiety. So much austim in this poster
>>
>>17446136
>it's really the only thing that works.
fuck off with this bullshit. dissociation and derealization/depersonalization like OP is describing are not the same thing even though they may appear to be. DR/DP cannot be treated by medication and is worsened by many of them. the only effective treatment, besides palliative care, is therapy, and that doesn't always work.

lamictal is for mood disorders anyway.

t. person who has had an ongoing episode of derealization for multiple years.
>>
>>17446102
dude, stick to the medicine and avoid /x/ for a long time, this shit can harm you if your mental health isnt good
>>
>>17446165
Yeah we shouldn't rely on Him for everything but He is there to help us when we need it.
>>
>>17446493

Fellow paranoid schizophrenic anon here. The meds help. There are days when I freak out and think they are killing me, but staying on them helps with ny symptoms.
>>
Yea homeboy. I spent 3 years with depersonalization disorder (not that I knew what the fuck it was called then), from age 15 - 18. Resulted from Panic Disorder which manifested from smoking weed on Zoloft. Obvs I'm not cut out for the ganj. I thought I was going insane....lived in a dream state, too deep in my own head. Constantly thinking about existential things. It was fucked up. The only thing that helped me was time, and routine. Sorry, can't give you any further advice. I feel ya.
>>
>>17446102
I've been dealing with such a severe case of derealization that I don't reply to threads addressed to /x/ out of fear that some random will be confused about whether or not I am a part of /x/.
>>
>>17447440
>"shock"-ras
kek
>>
>>17447687
what to fuck?
>>
>>17446292
Heavy metal
>>
Im with you OP, been like that for a month now.
I hate it.
>>
>>17447488
No. Theyre called inductos not coils in the electronic world. Mattress coils have zero induction properties. This is a troll anon. And you are why xristfags exist, same mentality.
>>
>>17446292
bullshit. there are people have gotten better and grown out of schziophrenia, theres people who've gotten phds, John Nash wasnt 'cured' and for the last 20 odd years he just lied to the system. the system is flawed, any dumbshit doctor that will tell it will get worse has no idea what they are talking about. A therapist told me that one time
>>
>>17446102
I'm a Psychology major with two degrees. My emphasis is in Trauma Counseling/Traumatology. My goal is to work with things like PTSD, Dissociation, and other extreme mental disorders. In for research.
>>
you are dreaming all the time

havent you heard the childrens rhyme, merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream

just row your boat anon, and dont take things too seriously
>>
Depersonalization/derealisation. Go to proffesional
psychiatrist as fast as you can.
>>
>>17457755
yea but then all they have to do is tell you to look down and your eyes are is in the magnetic field.
>>
>>17446164
Hell ye exorcism whilst sleeping by an untrained person.. wtf can go wrong guys?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.