[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tarot general thread talk about decks, cards, spreads, methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: hermetic.jpg (468KB, 1600x923px) Image search: [Google]
hermetic.jpg
468KB, 1600x923px
tarot general thread

talk about decks, cards, spreads, methods
give and receive tips, advice, readings, interpretations

etc

picture somewhat related, my newest deck (not my spread tho)
>>
Most of the tarotfags hang out in /div/, just saying
>>
>>17445391
Isn't div for actual readings rather than discussion?
>>
>>17445391
Although this is true, div no longer acts as the general it used to be, but instead has turned into a sort of call service. I for one am extremely interested and will be lurking in hopes of garnering some info from this general.

>On Topic
I've got the Gilded Deck coming in the mail. Very excited to try a new method of reading
>>
>>17445395
It's for both. Fun fact: the very first thread was a dicussion only thread started by one of the readers, and someone decided to make a general reading thread. Later they got merged into what we have now.
>>
>>17445391
it's kind of ehhhh

>>17445404
what do you read with now?
>>
>>17445409
Thanks for clearing that up. I accidentaly clicked on /div/ once, and was dissapointed to see that it was just a marketplace. There really should be a separate thread about tools and resouces. I'd make one, but I'm lacking since I only do Taro
>>
>>17445430
Energy readings mostly, it's some bastardisation of scrying/energy/path/I don't even know. It's really hard to explain as I don't even know exactly what it is I do but it works so "if it ain't broke don't fix it." I originally started developing it in response to lurking in div threads

My turn. What is the significant of a spread in a reading?
>>
>>17445448
that's interesting to me because i feel like i've always read people's energy but i'm a pisces haha

a spread is just how you lay the cards out. all the cards within in a spread should be relevant to each other, and thus an overall theme (a query if you used one). i generally just stick to three card spreads myself these days because i don't really like reading with specific queries. i like to meditate on something i would like more information on, and then i do a general three card spread. i pull more cards if i need clarification (rarely). i do more specific spreads if i have a specific query and i'm pulling a lot of cards, mostly because it helps me stay organized and i can assign a significance to each card as i pull it. just thinking "this card represents so and so in this situation" and "this one represents the likely outcome" etc. but i find that using a lot of cards in a spread is not always, or even usually, better because it can confuse things.
>>
File: boo.png (3KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
3KB, 99x94px
> Tfw I bought a deck as a teen and my stepdad burned it because it's tuh debbul.
>>
>>17445491
that's some bad juju. my friend who is now heavy into tarot, astrology, crystals, etc grew up in a really christian household with similar attitudes interestingly. you should buy a new deck and try tarot again. i find it to be very beneficial for the spirit
>>
>>17445491
What kind of deck was it?
>>17445487
I generaly use a 7 card spread, and I group them 2-2-2-1 to see the internal and external workings. The last card is the final comment, thought, verdict on the matter. But I can confirm that three card spreads are a more robust tool
>>
>>17445500
I always really did like a deck with some dragon art in it. I remember Death in particular was really pretty. I'm not even sure I should buy a deck because I'd probably just sit there consulting it for everything. Funny thing is is that I'm not even sure if it's all just coincidence or actually can help or not.
>>
>>17445513
It was some beginner tarot thing and came with a book. I think it was just a raider-waite deck with a pink back to the cards.
>>
>>17445516
here's what i think, personally. i don't really see tarot as a tool for fortune telling, i don't really believe that we can KNOW the future because everyone has autonomy. ever seen that's so raven? the premise of every episode was her trying to stop her visions from coming to fruition, and in the process she fulfilled her prophecies. i think tarot is a very useful tool for tapping into universal energies and for learning about yourself. for me, i find that doing readings gives me clarity and insight on the things that are going on my life, as well as predictions as to what they will lead to, and suggestions about what actions i should take to see different outcomes.

for me, it helps me to recognize and trust my intuition more and also to see different perspectives so that i can make more informed, confident choices.

but i really enjoy reading for other people more than myself, because tarot then is a tool i can use to gain insight to the problems and inner workings of others and a guide to give constructive advice. my most beneficial and productive readings are always for other people, for myself it's like reassurance in a way.
>>
>>17445487
>but I'm a Pisces
What does that have to do with reading energy anon? If you're interested I'm more than happy to teach you more.
>>17445513
>>17445487
Thankyou for the info guys!
>>
>>17445560
i'm just naturally extremely intuitive, i've been psychically reading people and situations for a long time without realizing that was what i was doing....
>>
>>17445577
Interesting. Mirin those digits also. What kinda Pisces are you anon? What date?
>>
>>17445491

>stepdads
>>
>>17445601
mar 16
i've also got mercury and saturn in pisces
>>
File: the tower.jpg (45KB, 281x480px) Image search: [Google]
the tower.jpg
45KB, 281x480px
>Doing Celtic Cross for myself last night
>What lies before me is the tower

How bad am I fucked?
>>
File: image.gif (14KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
14KB, 500x600px
>>17445643
Nifty! March 22 here, cusp Aries. Funny thing is I started a Pisces but labour took so long I became an Aries.

Pic related is me
>>
>>17445665
oh yeah, i was looking at your chart in the other thread. your birth sounds like aries being typical to me ;)

>>17445647
completely depends on context...the tower by itself suggests disruption but what exactly that means is dependent on the rest of the spread and your current circumstances
>>
>>17445697
Yup stubborn ass Aries haha
>>
File: 1296178732397.jpg (2MB, 1400x1531px) Image search: [Google]
1296178732397.jpg
2MB, 1400x1531px
>>
>>17445381
whats a good spread for evaluating career choices?
>>
Let's have some discourse right now:
I think that the Thoth deck is better for beginners because the minor arcana are labeled according to their meanings so you don't have to spend so much time memorizing shit. But I'm new to Tarot so idk

Also, I just discovered the Alchemical Tarot and I'm in love with it.
>>
>>17448286
personally, i'm REALLY picky about the art of my deck, and i don't like the thoth deck or most decks honestly. also the thoth symbolism and thus meaning differ from traditional rws imagery (generally speaking there are rws style decks, thoth style decks, marseilles style decks, and oracle decks like zen osho). i started out with a commerative rws (definitely the most aesthetically pleasing version of the rws in my opinion) and i'm really glad i did because my particular deck at least, is very concise and clear. it reads very easily. most other decks are rws style so it gives you a better foundation and method, as well. i would think putting meanings on the cards themselves in some way undermines the fundamental aspects of tarot because personally i think that learning to understand the symbolism and being able to connect the symbolism of different cards in the spread are essential skills in reading tarot. but that's just why i personally am not a fan of it.

i did just buy the hermetic tarot, which is a rws style deck but also incorporates golden dawn stuff, kabbalah, and astrology....i'm a fan of the deck and the deeper symbolism but i also like the art style, and for me that's really the ultimate deciding factor.
>>
Are tarot reading websites legit? Or do I need to spring for an actual deck?
>>
>>17448551
the galaxy tarot app is pretty useful, but the spreads you can do are limited. i never used a website, though. personally, i just used the app until i got my deck. i found it pretty accurate but prefer the freedom of a physical deck, as well as the ability to affix or clear it of energy. i find it easier to read. most decks are only around $15-20 on amazon.
>>
>>17448236
bump for career choices spreads.
>>
>>17445491
>not killing him and proving him right
seriously son?
>>
>>17449738
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=203788

about third post down, there's a section labelled "job related". try there. i don't have any specific recommendations, sorry!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.