[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who believe there's an afterlife...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: afterlife_600x337.jpg (69KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife_600x337.jpg
69KB, 600x337px
What do you believe are the consequences for suicide, if any? I've heard everything from "being forced to go back to Earth with the same problems" to "No punishment at all" and I'm curious what you think.
>>
I believe in an after life but I don't believe there even is anything that does any punishing.

I believe if you are truly ready to die you will move on as normal.
I also think that if you aren't truly ready to die and I should clarify, I think a large majority of suicides are reactionary and not someone who is truly ready to die choosing to end their life, but I think if you aren't ready to die, your spirit will be stuck on earth until you come to accept that you must move on. I think this situation is what accounts for a large number of ghost encounters along with murder victims.
>>
>>17443894
I would assume (I have no authority on this subject) that the consequence god would role out for suicide would be near-eternal purgatory on Earth due to unfinished business.

As I said I have no authority or extensive knowledge so I'm just hypothesizing here.
>>
>>17443912
Spot on :)
>>
some clues

>your consciousness has no limit in space and intelligence
>you create your life
>suicide is the wish to destroy yourself
>what is the world representing destruction
>hell
>>
>>17443935
THIS. any form of self desteuction, even if it is social behavior, spiritual or moral desteuction, any type of destruction will result in some form of hell. I think that the more you build upon yourself and grow, the more efficiantley you can grow whilw bringing others up around you.

People who are suicidal cannot see anything other than a path to destruction. it takes tramendous strength to throw the chains of hell off you, even if it is crippling depression, or stress, anger, anxiety. All of these are the seeds planted within you that grow into decisions like suicide. A god with all his might would be willing to understand how hard it is to be in a human body, especially aince were all doing it for the first time.

Ive also heard of stories where people commit suicide and are contacted by mediums or psychics and they did not experience punishment for their suicide, but rather paradise or relief from their physical struggle. I guess it just depends and well never really know.
>>
>>17443894

>What do you believe are the consequences for suicide, if any?

I'm not 100% sure (no one could be), bu I can try and educate you a touch, and you can come to your own conclusion

try and view our universe as a university, a place of higher learning.
the other planets in our solar system are physical representations of other realms/worlds.
in your past, and simultaneously in the current moment, you exist and live a life in these other realms.

in order to come to earth, you MUST have lived a life on all other planets (some mystics describe sojourns in more detail if you're interested)

you are here on earth for a purpose, you had an idea in your head, and you challenged yourself to make it a reality on earth. whether you succeed or not is your choice.
everyone has different things, it could be to raise a daughter, could be to explore space, could be to build a new machine, could be to survive your cravings of suicide and die of natural causes.
our ideas are limitless, as is creativity

if you commit suicide, you're probably not learning what you wanted yourself to learn, and that's why you chose to come to earth in the first place, to learn.
you've done your diploma and bachelors, you're on earth to earn your master.

whether or not you come back here after suicide, with the same purpose, or a new one, I don't know. no human does

as far as I can tell, death is death in the eyes of the creator. and when your final moment comes, you'll see the light, wake up and realise your whole existence on earth was a dream

sorry for spelling and grammar, I'm on my phone
>>
>What sort of experience might a person who commits suicide expect in the Afterlife?
I've met only a few people in the Afterlife who committed suicide. They killed themselves because their physical lives seemed overwhelming. Rather than try to work through it, they thought they could end all their problems by killing themselves. Imagine their shock when they woke up dead! They found the choice to kill themselves took away their opportunities to work through their problems. They still had the overwhelmed feelings they had before they died, and they had cut off access to those in the physical world they needed to interact with. Some ghosts are suicides not fully aware of their death who are trying to access those still in the physical world to work out those problems.

From http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/answers.html
>>
>>17443935
>>17443953
>>17443989
What about people who kill themselves because they have problems that are truly impossible to fix on Earth, like being crippled or something?

>>17443973
I've heard similar things before. However, do you think it's possible that a person might have something unexpected happen in this life that would prevent them from doing what they were supposed to do? I once saw an interview with a guy who said this can happen, and when it does, the person tends to just die, with no punishments in the afterlife. I even heard one story of a woman who killed herself and met some people on the other side who actually congratulated her for doing it, because her goal in this life was to get the experience of total despair and to work up the will to commit suicide.
>>
>>17443894
does the fainting game count as suicide?
>>
>>17445732
if you tell them to kill you, yeah.
>>
>>17443894
if you dont want to live if you wanted everything to just go away maybe you just fade out even if there was a afterlife

in the christian sense its a insult to god rejecting his gift of life.
>>
>>17445734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqyEq3UkQSc
haha brings back some memories. I remember playing it in elementary school.
>>
>>17445746
As I recall, my friends told me it took roughly 2 minutes for me to wake up. During those 2 minutes there was nothing, just a black void.
>>
>>17445744
I don't think a person gets to the point of wanting everything to just go away unless they've already suffered so tremendously that they should be forgiven for thinking that way.

Then you have people who don't necessarily want everything to go away, but they simply can't stand living in the conditions they're trapped in, like if their body is totally mangled and they can barely do anything. If they'll ultimately be healed in the afterlife anyway, what's the point of enduring it for several decades? Somehow I doubt anyone gets to the afterlife and says "I want to remain paralyzed and mutilated for all eternity." Whatever lessons you might have gained from the experience while alive, you'll still ultimately want to be made whole again.
>>
>>17443894
Now is the only thing that exists and has ever existed. Time is merely a human concept.
How can the "afterlife" exist if there really is no such thing as "after"? There is only now.
Heaven, hell, purgatory, enlightenment, nirvana. It's all right now because that is all that there is.

All of the joy that comes with life is right now. Right now is infinite. There is no timescale for right now. Realize that and you've achieved eternal peace.
YOU are in control. Happiness is simply the choice to be happy right now. The choice to be completely non-resistant to what is.
>>
>>17443894
Suicide = abandonment

Abandonment = start over

Start over = you didn't make a conscious effort to go further

You didn't make a conscious effort to go further = you deserve what your act led you to

You deserve what your act led you to = why would you be spared any punishment since you ran after it

All this equation leads to a logical explanation. You were a lazy ignorant that got too attached to what you created thus leading you to curl up and do nothing about it and took the easy way out

Anybody who use suicide as an escape will be confronted to their own choices and truth can be a hot burning piece of coal

If you use suicide, you deserve to start all over because you abandoned what you've attracted

That is why suicide is the most coward thing someone can inflict on themselves

You are your own best friend aswell as your own worst enemy

I could go on elaborating my post but i hope you get the gyst of it

It's the cold hard truth and i don't care if anybody doesn't agree
>>
>>17445674

>However, do you think it's possible that a person might have something unexpected happen in this life that would prevent them from doing what they were supposed to do?

Yes absolutely, that's the beauty of life here on earth. We have complete free-will to do as we please.

If your question is more in relation to external events in our lives, that we ourselves don't compose, it's a yes again.

Lets say a person comes here with a purpose of creating art to inspire others, but the individual pays poor attention to their health.
Say this person eats 5 cakes a day, I'm sure they would get health problems, let's just say diabetes for example. This disease could cause them premature death, rendering them unable to complete their goal they came here to do.

You see, yes, we come here with an idea we wish to physically manifest, but it is COMPLETELY up to us what we do while were here. You can go completely off track and do something else, or you can learn your path, and follow it.
In the other realms I mentioned before, there is always a certain level of restraint on the soul, kind of how a teacher "forces" a student to learn the content. Here on earth, there is no one to restrain us but ourselves

Most people use astrology and spirituality to learn more about themselves, so they can define what it is what they want to do. as you know, we are not born with knowledge of our purpose, but it is ours to seek and learn.
>>
File: receptionist.png (297KB, 545x562px) Image search: [Google]
receptionist.png
297KB, 545x562px
>>17443894
I believe everything is a risk.
I believe you're going to die some way eventually.
I believe that any claim of conclusive knowledge on this subject by a living person is cause for suspicion.

I believe that a just God would care more about your intentions than your actions. That's assuming omniscience, and he knows your thoughts, rather than having to judge based on externals.
If it turns out God is unjust, you just have to hope he favors you despite your sins, rather than damns you despite your virtues.
>>
>>17443989
is bruce moen legit
>>
Listen please.. there is no do over

We aren't here to learn what we wanted to learn

We are trying to learn about God and walk in his ways.

I know I will be ridiculed but the truth is after death is judgement. Please be ready to meet Christ.

The Bible is the truth. Lucifer has done everything to obscure and cause doubt on this.

Please consider what I have written and God bless you anon
>>
I don't believe consequences will take place. In our universe if someone commits suicide it's because they were supposed to. If someone dies naturally it's because they were supposed to so there is no consequence for something thats supposed to happen.
>>
>>17447005
A similar idea I've heard is that everyone who commits suicide knew before they were born that suicide was always a "potential" for them in their upcoming life. So it's not exactly that it was supposed to happen, but it was always a known possibility, and there's still no judgement or condemnation from anyone but oneself.

I got that from this video. Maybe some people here could give their opinion on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
>>
at the end, we all go to the same place. Believer, non-believer, sinner, saint, christian, jew, muslim, satanist, pagan whatever. Suicide, murder, old age, doesn't matter.

The point of understanding the next place in this life is so that you're prepared both for the transition and for the next place. If you check out early, you're just putting yourself in a confused place on the next side. Best to stick around until youve got it figured out before going on.
>>
Maybe have to start it all over again, from the beginning. Like groundhog day, the movie. But we don't remember .
>>
>>17443894
Suicide is murder, murder is a sin, all sins were forgiven at the cross except for unbelief. Suicide isn't some special sort of sin that leads to death; all sin leads to death. It isn't some unforgivable sin; it was forgiven at the cross 2000 years ago, as were all sins.

So if you are still committing the sin of unbelief, suicide will cause you to be lost forever.

If you are a believer, and have the Holy Spirit of God in you, resurrecting you to eternal life, the chances you're suicidal are slim to none, and slim left town.

Death is a terminal condition. Once you die, you then stand judgment. You don't get another chance at reconciling with God. You will be judged as you are.
>>
>>17443894
Lose this lifes experience and go next life.
>>
>>17447005
Your forget to add free will to your equation. If things where as you said there would be no point because everything would already be predetermined.
>>
>>17443894
The mental world created for you now is your afterlife but manifested instantly. Say you are a hateful angry person. You will find yourself in a scary world full of things representing this. If you are extremely depressed, your afterlife will be full of beings that will represent that along with maybe a really dull depressing world
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.