[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Papa Legba - Breaking a deal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

Dear companions of /x/, I come to you seeking for advice.

A very dear friend of mine made a deal with Papa Legba a few years ago. He was not the most well informed person on the subject at the time and, apparently, the deal he made was a life-long deal with a payment made to Papa Legba on a yearly basis. Both Papa Legba and my friend have kept their ends of the bargain up until now.

What was once very desired and took my friend to make a pact with Papa Legba, has lost value to him with the passing of the years and he is now trapped paying for something he no longer wants.

My question to you is this: How can my friend break a pact with Papa Legba in the safest way possible?
>>
Why doesn't he just talk to papa legba about ending the deal ? I'm sure they could come to some compromise. Just ask the spirit mang
>>
I would imagine Popa would want something greater than was originally discusses, probably something dear and irreplacable.

I doubt your friends is going to be able to weazle out. It has to be a greater sacrifice than the original, and even then, hope hes having a good day. I would imagine anyways.
>>
>>17443539
Oh, well, he hadn't thought of that...

Thanks, anon, I'll tell him to talk to Papa Legba about ending the arrangement...

If that doesn't work, is there a way that he could protect himself from repercussions from breaking the deal without coming to terms with Papa Legba?
>>
>>17443548
I wouldn't recommend that , I'm a Qayanite and I've been in contact with papa legba just by reading about him in a book. Had a very lucid dream regarding him wanting to make a deal. Any hoo Qayin and Legba are two spirits I wouldn't want to cheap shot. I would just ask the spirit the price might be steep, might not. Then again you haven't told us what the bargain was so who knows.
>>
>>17443548
>breaking the deal without coming to terms with Papa Legba?
Youre dealing with Diety of sorts, other than another Diety what hlpe would your friend have.

Also, an agreement is An Agreement. If he tried to sherk his promise and escape hes only inviting darkness.
>>
>>17443566
Plus seeing as he's a Loa I doubt your friend would get aid from another family. And God doesn't really give a shit about humanity in voodoo soooo ask legba about refinancing options and brace your self for a high interest rate
>>
>>17443577
>soooo ask legba about refinancing options and brace your self for a high interest rate
>>17443566
Dubs agree. Hopefully Hes in a good mood.

My captchas was Bananas, dont know if thats a sign, but keep it in mind.
>>
>>17443539
>>17443545
>>17443564
>>17443566
>>17443577
>>17443584
Thank you very much for your replies. I will definitely pass this along to him.
>>
>>17443584
Bananas are among the offerings usually made to Papa Legba.
>>
>>17443621
>Loa
Does he prefer fresh? Or mottled?
>>
>>17443652
Lol probably mottled, that little bit of rot is probably tastier to him.
>>
>>17443529
Repent to Jesus Christ and he will set you free.

You have to ask in all sincerity though, he's not someone that you can just use as a middleman and abandon later.

Jesus trumps all, using other magical messages will only help you if you have a greater will then the other spirit. (you don't)
>>
Is your friend Bulgarian?
>>
>>17443652
>>17443784
It depends, he sometimes wants his offerings to be presented to him in odd ways... Like, a group that had been working with him was asked to deliver a bowl of beans, i think, with chopsticks. But, they were asked to do so with just one chopstick instead of two.
>>
>>17443529

Right, this is where you've shown your colours as an ignorant RPer. Papa Legba does not do deals. He does not look like the picture you provided. That is Baron Samedi.

If you're going to be a shit-eating roleplayer, at least get your facts straight, instead of just watching American Horror Story.
>>
>>17443842
This.

Tell your friend to convert to Christianity. Accept Jesus as your lord and savior. He will set your friend free. Jesus is light, and this Legba is of darkness, light triumphs over the darkness.
>>
>>17444510
Fuck off.
>>
>>17444508
At no point have I claimed that the picture on the OP was Papa Legba, I merely omitted to type in "pic unrelated" since it appeared, even to me (someone who's area is definitely not this), obvious that the person in the picture is not Papa Legba, particularly because I am not aware of any photographic equipment capable of capturing the image of a Loa.

Not only that, but, this entire thread must be filled with role-players by your statement, since you are the first to comment on the notion that Papa Legba does not do deals. Not only does your statement go against the position the rest of the posters have taken with regards to this matter, it goes against the first couple hundred results of a simple Google search on Papa Legba.

Oh, and, I do NOT watch t.v. I would never follow a series such as American Horror Story or consume any sort of mass media product of that sort.

Have a good day, anon.
>>
>>17444623
>Not only does your statement go against the position the rest of the posters have taken with regards to this matter, it goes against the first couple hundred results of a simple Google search on Papa Legba.

>/x/faggots actually think the truth is a democracy.

Disgusting.
>>
>>17444623

>At no point have I claimed that the picture on the OP was Papa Legba

Apart from using it to discuss Papa Legba. By using it, you're perpetuating a falsehood. But then you didn't know that until I told you, so don't pretend otherwise.

>obvious that the person in the picture is not Papa Legba, particularly because I am not aware of any photographic equipment capable of capturing the image of a Loa.

How fucking autistic are you? I'm not talking about that particular guy in all his makeup, I'm talking about the representation of it.

>Not only that, but, this entire thread must be filled with role-players by your statement, since you are the first to comment on the notion that Papa Legba does not do deals.

Welcome to /x/.

>Not only does your statement go against the position the rest of the posters have taken with regards to this matter, it goes against the first couple hundred results of a simple Google search on Papa Legba.

And the unwashed masses also believe that that forbidden fruit in the Bible was an apple. It doesn't make them right.

>Oh, and, I do NOT watch t.v. I would never follow a series such as American Horror Story or consume any sort of mass media product of that sort.

Bullshit. You may think you're some special snowflake on the fringes of society, but you're as mainstream and grey as they come.

>Have a good day, anon.

I was. Until I saw your stupid thread and was reminded of the sheer ignorance of the average human.
>>
>>17444792

Awww, I'm sorry, anon. I didn't mean to make your day go bad. I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

Thank you for sharing your vast wisdom and firm grip of the truth with the rest of us. On a more personal note, I want to thank you for dispelling any notion I had of being a cute, cool, pink, glowing jellyfish in a sea of dull goldfish and taking me back down to earth where I belong as a simple cog in the great machinery of mainstream society.

Again, thank you, anon. You are a really great person and have done a truly amazing service today.
>>
>>17443529
God the father is the ultimate pact braker. Nothing made by man or spirit can god not undo. Turn to him sincerely and he'll break your pact with anyone lickity split.
>>
>>17444593
Nice intelligent retort, 10/10.
>>
>>17444917

You're welcome. Just try not to be so retarded next time.
>>
>>17444924
I signed a bad deal with the law will he undo that?
>>
>>17443529
Tell him to fuck off, if he doesn't, burn his sigil and banish the fuck out of him.
>>
>>17443529
who is this nigga, Uncle Sam?
>>
>>17444976

I'll do my best, senpai.
>>
>>17444932
Thanks friend.
>>
>>17444979
Maybe.
>>
>>17443529

Papa Legba is a loa of communication, not a crossroads demon like in American Horror Story, jack shit will occur if this "deal" is broken. Worse thing i could think of is maybe he will feel like shit for awhile.

Btw I have some interesting voodoo stories if anyone wants to hear, I happen to be good friends with a Haitian girl who, when she was a child, had a group of Voodoo priests attempt to steal her soul.
>>
>>17444623

this guy lol
>>
>>17445139
>if anyone wants to hear

obviously you plan to fucking tell your story so just do it. no one ever learns
>>
>>17443842
Fuck off, you faggotty fucking bible-humper. Stupid motherfuckers always swooping in to suggest their imaginary friend is the cure for everything.
>>
>>17445163
Fedora atheist detected
>>
>>17445139
Yeah share your stories with us
>>
>>17443529
>Dear companions of /x/,
im not your friend you worthless faggot kill yourself
>>
>>17443842
christfag pls go
>>
>>17443529
for entertainment's sake what was the deal your friend made? this thread won't be interesting if you don't elaborate on that, this board is anonymous after all
>>
>>17445169
Christcuck detected.
>>
File: Reaction424.png (1MB, 805x805px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction424.png
1MB, 805x805px
>>17445163
>imaginary friend
>in a thread about voodoo
>>
>>17445163
>imaginary friend
>/x/
>>
>>17443564
Summon papa legba then beat the end fuck out of him. Tell him you don't want to pay anymore and that if you see him again you'll kill him.
>>
>>17443529
>>17443539
If he is indeed a devout, then this indeed would be the obvious route.
But I'm going to assume your friend isn't a denizen of Haiti, and/or hasn't been properly introduced into the system. This system is VERY exclusive, and demands complete and absolute devotion from not only a singular practitioner, but ideally from a community. I personally do not practice, but have read enough and understand the system from a cultural standpoint. His ONLY option, other than speaking with Papa Legba personally, would be to consult another vodouisant with proper "spiritual licensing", so to speak. Vodiou is definitely NOT something that can be dabbled in if you aren't part of the community.
>>17443564
Haven't come across any fellow Qayanites on this board before. I definitely agree with you.

From my understanding, the spirits of Vodou and ANY of the primal african spirits are NOT to be trifled or toyed with. Taking these forces lightly or for granted is for sure going to produce negative results.
>>
>>17444508

Pretty much this. Assuming your friend is devout enough to believe in the Loa, he should already understand that there isn't a way to really get out of a deal with them, and actually bother to research this stuff himself.

Now assuming hes really, really devout enough to come into contact with them, a) making a deal in the first place he should realize there's no way to weasel out of it.

b) Either he's fucking with you, on basis of him already knowing all this (making you asking pointless), or youre just rping- which seems more likely.

The loa know whats going on in your life, most times, so by trying to sneak out of a bargain he's basically doing something he should realize is stupid- instead of just talking to Legba one on one, the way someone devout enough to believe probably would.

Go RP somewhere else.
>>
>>17444352
I mean no disrespect but it sounds like Papa Legba is a cheeky one
>>
He needs to find and consult a proper Houngan or Mambo in sorting that one out. They are the experts in that paticular path. I have studied enough to know that I would definatly need a more experienced practitioner's help with that matter, and furthermore I wouldn't have entered a deal like that in the first place. I am personally more experienced w/ Asatru, which would be easy to fix, relatively, by using and working with the rune Algliz, the protection rune. As far as I know on deals w/ the spirits, is you CAN buy your way out, but like other's have said, at cost. One big sacrifice, instead of small yearly installments, similar to paying off the banks, plus a hefty tax for paying early, because technically that was not the pre-arraged agreement. Others have said to ask Jesus for help. Yes, that will work, but he can never go back. If he starts any other non-chistian workings, he'll be Godsmacked for not keeping that agreement. Very tricky situation, he is in. I wish him well.
>>
How does one go about making a deal in the first place?
>>
>>17443529
I dont know what all these folks are talking about but, firstly:
Papa Legba is just like any other lwa, in that they expect regular reverence and respect in return for service, no service, no reverence. If he no longer wants the service, he tells the lwa he no longer wants to work with them. And that's that. Secondly, this is not really the kind of lwa that Legba is, Legba is like the prince of the lwa, he's very relaxed and very generous and beneficent. I dont know who your friend has been talking to, but do consider that he may be talking to a spirit claiming to be Legba who is not. This kind of strongarming is very much not papa legbas style. Papa is an old wise man whos only interest is in helping those seeking knowledge and those traveling, make their way through life.

>>17443566
>Diety of sorts
He is a deity.

>>17443577
>God doesn't really give a shit about humanity in voodoo
You really do not know anything about voodoo clearly.

>>17443621
> usually made to Papa Legba.
this depends greatly on the tradition you're following, Ive never actually seen this happen.

>>17444623
>That is Baron Samedi.
Highly unlikely, it looks more like one of the Ghede, probably during Fete Ghede, you know about as much as OP does.

>>17445139
this is accurate. Legba is a liminal deity, the lwa are just eager to work with and talk to us, if legba is being harsh about not wanting to end the deal, its probably more that legba wants to remain part of his life, the deal is secondary.

>>17446084
>isn't a denizen of Haiti
not required
>This system is VERY exclusive
it's not.
>demands complete and absolute devotion from not only a singular practitioner, but ideally from a community.
All false, or at best, subjective.
>consult another vodouisant with proper "spiritual licensing"
accurate
>Vodiou is definitely NOT something that can be dabbled in if you aren't part of the community.
inaccurate

cont...
>>
>>17447032
he can be! Hes a bit of a trickster, not in the same sense as other trickster gods, but he occasionally likes to test your generosity or your kindness. He has some quirky personality traits but is generally very amiable.

>>17447140
>He needs to find and consult a proper Houngan or Mambo in sorting that one out.
probably the best idea, yes.

>I wouldn't have entered a deal like that in the first place.
The thing is, these "deals" are sort of how the whole thing works. Reverence and offerings for service. Respect for respect is a big thing. Lwa get a bit uppity sometimes, and want more, or get grumpy or angry if their demands arent met but you need to talk to them and explain your position, they come around. And if they dont, you pick their shrine up until theyre cooperative. This is almost never the case with Legba though as far as I have ever seen.

Basically, talk to Legba, explain that the service is no longer needed, so the payment will no longer be forthcoming, but that continued reverence and work will continue, leave up the altar, leave him the usual small offerings and pay reverence and it should be fine. Speaking with a mambo or houngan though might be the best bet if that goes south.

Legba is a very cool, very kind, very protective and generous spirit, it's not really in his nature to make faustian bargains. He tends to get irritated with those who are not generous, or are cruel to those who are in need of help, travelers, the maimed, the crippled, the lost... if they're treated poorly you can expect him to be cross with you, but all in all hes a kindly old man who walks the roads of eternity between the worlds and wants to show people the way.
>>
Yeshua Christ. Buy him a Bible or just buy one yourself and start reading it.
>>
>>17444352
Demons hate symmetry.
>>
>>17448150
Yeshua Meshiah*
>>
>>17448152
so do artist I think, suppose to be boring.
>>
>>17443529
Kek, reading this thread I wonder if the price your friend paid to break the deal is getting trolled by Papa Legba samefagging on 4chan.
>>
>>17445139
let's hear it
>>
>>17443529
He already have his soul, so, if your friend deny the "extra payment" the deal would be off, because he has no soul to offer
>>
>>17448545
this is the most likely thing Ive read in this thread
>>
>>17443529
You pass on the debt, like in all such instances. What's the payment and what does he receive? For the right consideration I might be willing to "buy" his debt off.
>>
>>17447279

>Highly unlikely, it looks more like one of the Ghede, probably during Fete Ghede, you know about as much as OP does.

Baron Samedi is one of the Ghede, stupid. You done fucked up.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.