[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 24

File: creepshow_1982A1.jpg (44KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
creepshow_1982A1.jpg
44KB, 665x374px
So /x/philes, how much of you here are writèrs of horror? Whatcha working on? Short Story? Novel? Creepypasta? Where ya get your inspiration? What's your process? How do you see if your story actually is horrific? Do you ever spook yourself while writing?
>>
File: 1430946010185.jpg (6KB, 249x201px) Image search: [Google]
1430946010185.jpg
6KB, 249x201px
Im unoriginal as fuck, any writing ive done is run of the mill true crime/detective thrillers because I think its easy and can be scarier if you do it right
im also lazy so by "work" I mean some notes and paragraphs jotted down. Some of it is based off of already existing tv shows as spin offs or what Ii want to see next season
>>
File: 1425426177553.jpg (1020KB, 1920x926px) Image search: [Google]
1425426177553.jpg
1020KB, 1920x926px
>implying I can be as good as king
He may be a hack at times but when he nails it he really fucking nails it. I don't have the mental capacity or creativity for this
>>
File: 1425426259604.jpg (686KB, 1920x698px) Image search: [Google]
1425426259604.jpg
686KB, 1920x698px
>>17443249
>>
>>17441803
Hey, OP. Anon-chick here who's an avid writer and currently in college.

I've had dozen of written out stories kept in my notes. A lot of them ranging from fantasy adventures, action pack, military themed, or sci-fi. But horror is a tricky genre to get into.

In horror writing, you basically have to set up the tone of your atmosphere, and you must always have a villain or antagonist. In modern day age, especially with creepy pastas and YouTube, a shit load of people turned creepypastas into shit with their poor writing, grammar, lack of atmosphere and tension, and corny-ass and bland villain. This is quite hard for me to create a villain who isn't like the million other villains created by twelvies or autists.

I'm currently writing a horror story about a mentally ill girl and her journey in being captive with a killer who's imprisoned her.
>>
I've written a few short stories, some pasta, and a first draft of a novel (it's at about 120000 words but needs significant rewrites). Right now I'm between projects but I'm developing ideas. Inspiration comes from everywhere. Sometimes I'll hear an interesting turn of phrase and an idea will blossom from it. Sometimes I take incidents from my own life and just turn them into something spooky. There's no real standard way to get ideas. I just keep a composition notebook and if anything comes to me I jot it down. Sometimes I flip through it and decide I want to develop one of these ideas into something more.
>>
I had this huge sprawling sci fi story planned out in my head. I pounded out pages and pages of characters, places, backstory, potential plot points etc. Then I got about 10,000 words into the actual story itself, and realized I hated it.

Now I'm thinking I want to write a smaller scale horror story set against the backdrop of that universe. Something like a character driven spooper, taking place on one ship kind of deal. Only problem is making that story original, but I've also been told "Don't try to be original, try to be good."
>>
Best I can do is short stories but it feels like cheating
>>
>>17443282
Originality ran out about 200 years ago. People seem to think Lovecraft was original but he was just dickriding guys like Machen and Poe.
>>
I knew this guy on some video game forum from back in the day who was a total cock. He posted pieces of the zombie "book" he was writing and people would ohhh and ahhh because zombies were just having their big comeback. Anyway, since his writing was crap and I really fucking hated him, I decided to write my own story to show him up.

It ended up being a pretty decent piece about some kid who sees a face looking in his window at night, that talks him into murdering his parents while they sleep. The ending had this big reveal where you find out the kid was actually being abused by the parents his whole life. Right after you find out, the face convinces the kid to follow him out the window, and he ends up falling like six floors to his death.

I thought it was a pretty good story back then, but it seemed a little too dark compared to fucknut's "zombie book" so I ended up not posting it.
>>
>>17443249
Have you read Just After Sunset?
King does very well with short story collections.
The story called N in that book is one of my favorites has a very Lovecraft theme to it too.
And as for Op's question>>17441803
Was working on a post apocalyptic novella
for a while but took a break.
I got started with writing lyrics and writing music
then got into poetry after and always like to
challenge my writing by trying different things
once I feel I've got one style down.
>>
>>17443282
It happens my friend, sometimes I'll go through
draft after draft of the same chapters or anything
I try and write.
I can definitely relate with what you said though
I think anyone who writes goes through that
phase as much as writers block.
I find it helps to avoid other writers work for a while to not try and be subconsciously mended
by their writing.
>>
>>17443342
Sounds awesome.
>>
>>17441803

I've had a couple of short stories published that I consider to be horror. One had a sci fi setting and the other one had a fantasy setting, though. So they might not be everyone's cup of tea.

By published I mean one was sold to a semi-pro (but award winning) market and the other one appeared in a fairly low rent (I'm not shitting you) H P Lovecraft themed anthology. What I'm trying to say is I'm 'published' in the broadest possible sense.

Both of them appeared in print at the same time last year and I haven't written ANYTHING since then. I feel like a total moron. It was a massive confidence boost to make those two sales so close to each other but I haven't capitalized at all. I have about 20 'finished' stories, a couple of which I think are just one good edit away from being publishable, but I just can't be fucked to put pen to paper atm.

If anyone is interested I'll post a link to my horror/sci fi story.
>>
>>17441803
Well, OP, I'm actually in the midst of a digital-age epistolary short story as we speak! I've also been working on a 'side project' since 2009, a lovecraftian post-apocalyptic epic fantasy trilogy. Yeah, I know that's a mouthful. Anyway, ideas come and go, I think it's our job as writers to capture them and use our developed skills to turn them into something beautiful or horrifying. I usually wait for an idea (most of the time, my stories are inspired by my real life, but sometimes you can find inspirations in other stories, real or otherwise), then spend some time listening to atmospheric music and visualizing an interesting story. I eventually write it, rewrite it, wait a while, then edit some more. I actually hate the process of writing, but I LOVE reading a finished story. I've never been spooked by my own stories, but some people claim to have been. I don't really care if what I write is scary or not, I just want my work to be good, storywise. I do get emotional sometimes, however, depending on what I'm writing about. Never cried or anything like that, I just like to think that human writing should contain a certain level of actual feelings.

I've had some trouble getting my last story published because it was deemed too 'graphic' by some editors, but I don't think that's the case. I usually refrain from gore and obvious horror tricks, but this particular story dealt with a sensitive subject, so I guess this is just an example of how subjective 'spookiness' is. What scares one person might not scare another. The first story I managed to get published isn't one of my favourites, but the editor seemed to like it. I guess there's a place for every kind of writing.

>>17443282
Having a fictional universe in your mind helps a lot with every project. I like to think that everything I write takes place in the same world, and at some point the characters might all meet. Stephen King did this really well.

>>17443342
Writing out of spite is 10/10
>>
>>17443869

>>17443869
I think that this is a good opportunity for networking, lol. I'd love to see a link. Are those markets still accepting submissions? I'm editing some older work as well, and the website that published most of my old stories went out of business a while back, so I'm looking for some place that accepts horror reprints.

I actually hadn't written anything or made any projects for about a year, until last week, when I suddenly had a wave of possibly good ideas hit me in the face all at once. I was in a similar situation, though. One really cool magazine accepted a story, and another less cool one gave me a regular outlet for publication. I haven't sold anything to any other markets since then, however. I'd like to say that I'm just busy with film school, but maybe I'm just not dedicated enough.
>>
>>17443890

http://www.abyssapexzine.com/2015/06/mustard_world/

They have reading periods now and they cancelled the last one so I'm not sure if they're the best market these days.

Have you checked ralan.com? that has lots of market listings.
>>
File: 389310_v1.gif (1MB, 294x220px) Image search: [Google]
389310_v1.gif
1MB, 294x220px
I'd like to call myself an author, but I'm really not-- I'm just a scribbler with few ideas and even less skill.

I'm currently working on two projects. One is a short story about a haunted town. It's just a kind of fun thing for my friends at this point. Otherwise, I'm working through a comic book about the future of space and humanity.

I know people rag on King a lot, but he's a decent author. I have his book, "On Writing," and it's really helped me a lot. I would recommend it to any other horror authors.

Good luck to everyone here! I believe in you guys.
>>
>>17443943

Have you read Danse Macabre? That was pretty good as well.
>>
>>17443951
I haven't, but I will absolutely be on the lookout for it now.

I also really like Lovecraft's Supernatural Horror in Literature.
>>
>>17443279
Yea, I'm just getting into writing horror. I used to write outlandish shorts in creative writing, but I wanted to start writing aome more serious stuff now that I finally have the time and motivation. I was drawn to horror cause you can explore serious stuff, have whimsical aspects, but still be taken (semi) seriously. I'm writing what I hope comes out as at least 100+ page book about a girl at a summer camp being terrorized by a monster. Im javing trouble coming up with how long i should wait until the monsters appears. Its appeared once so far but I dont wanna cheapen it by having it appear like 50 times. Im just having trouble pacing the spooks inbetween the actual story.
>>
I've been published all of once in an online flash fiction site, Every Day Fiction. I'll link to the story if anyone's interested, it's a flash fiction horror story.

Used to write all the time, I have at least 50 or so stories, some finished, some unfinished, but recently in the last year I just haven't been able to write a single story. I've written at least thirty different outlines for different fantasy settings (not stories, mind you, just the actual worlds), but no horror stories, even though horror is what I've always considered to be my thing. It's what I feel most natural writing, can never finish fantasy or sci-fi stuff, horror just comes more naturally. But in the last year, nothing, no inspiration, I'm just regurgitating older stories I never did anything with and hoping they'll be successful so I don't have to focus on the fact I have no ideas at the moment.

I know how it all works, how atmosphere and tension and terror should work, what scares people, but I just can't seem to come up with a way to put it all together. It's killing me, I wanted a career in this. It feels like a horrible strain trying to come up with anything. Now I just feel like shit.
>>
>>17443923
That was a fun read, actually. Sci Fi horror is my favourite genre of anything lol.
I'm checking out Ralan right now, thanks for the advice.

>>17445471
Post a link, we're always up for more horror fiction. As I've said before, I think that inspiration comes in waves, so you shouldn't feel so bad for the hiatus. I was in a similar position myself. You should spend some time reading, watching and learning about subjects that interest you, and that you'd like to make stories about. It'll come to you eventually.

Now, here's a link the second story I managed to publish, 'Buried Intentions' https://saturdaynightreader.com/wp/buried-intentions/. It's certainly not my best, but it's one of the few free to read ones. SNR is sadly dead now, though. It was a great place to submit stories.
>>
>>17445881
>Post a link

Here ya go

http://everydayfiction.com/the-baleful-tome-by-sean-hill/

It's pretty short, around 1000 words, just meant to be some spooky fun.

I've been trying to read and watch different things, new and different horror things, there's a Japanese series called Yami Shibai done in this cutout style (it's little more than a motion comic, but done more tastefully), it's all about Japanese urban legends and stuff, good fun, good watch, currently airing a third series. The kind of thing I'd love to write for.

And thank for the advice, it's comforting to hear other people suffer these bad blocks
>>
File: book-let-me-go.jpg (119KB, 673x1024px) Image search: [Google]
book-let-me-go.jpg
119KB, 673x1024px
>>17443245
same. Im basically a middle aged soccer mom when it comes to reading. I can read dozens of murder mystery thrillers and not get bored. Though I don't like all of them and admit they get repetitive, I like them the most. I suppose you can write something really fucked up and make a new silence of the lambs
>>
>>17443342
You got the story stuff of yours or his on hand?
>>
File: The Amazing man.png (191KB, 1144x3592px) Image search: [Google]
The Amazing man.png
191KB, 1144x3592px
>>17441803
got a few OCs
not really creepy
but could be appropriate for this thread
if you guys like this one i can post a few more
>>
File: 1448424695629.png (345KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
1448424695629.png
345KB, 498x568px
>be ugly creepy guy
>work some anonymous office job
>written dozens of scary stories
>think they're all shit but still write them
>when I die someone will go through them and say, "god these all suck" then throw them away
>>
>>17446986
I hope my children read your collected fiction some day, anon.
>>
Sure heres mine.

A motherfucker came and got me.

was pretty spooked after i started writing that and had to stop. its been years, im waiting for the right inspiration of true sprite and fright
>>
>>17445928

what tropical paradise have you moved to?
>>
Hey guys. I've been working on my novel for over 10 years now on and off. I've written before. Wrote quite a bit in the late 90s actually. Once I started on my current endeavor, though, it's like I got "stuck" so to speak. I know how it's supposed to go. The beginning, middle, end, and all that in between. However, it's like I've become overly critical with this one. I truly believe that this is the one in going to be remembered for, that there's a success here, but only if I get it perfect. I've lost count of how many times I've trashed what I've wrote to start over, even when it's been near completion at times. I HAVE to make it perfect. My question to you guys is, how do you look at what you've created and be satisfied with it? How do I not hate it? I have to complete this. It's become an obsession almost. My albatross if you will. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
>>17446721
Sorry, I don't. He posted his stuff on some ancient gaming forum that's long gone, and I didn't post my story. anywhere.

I've been thinking of trying to revive the one about the kid and the face at the window. Looking back, I do think it could be a decent story with a few tweaks. I'd just started high school though, and I didn't want to be 'the guy who writes about killing his parents' right off the bat, you know?

I haven't written anything else worth sharing besides maybe some song lyrics, but my buddy wrote some good stuff in high school. It was a short psychological horror piece about a guy camping with his friends who finds a creepy book (the Necronomicon, essentially). It was a pretty basic story, but he had this one dream sequence where his friends and family were all dead, sitting propped up in his living room and talking to him. It was awesome, truly creepy shit.
>>
>>17441803
I've been writing since before I can remember, though I've only gotten into horror in the past fifteen years or so. I've mostly been writing about all the things that I have seen and experienced, and kind of tying it all in together as one giant story, and the more I think about it, the more I think that it CAN be all tied together in my real life. I've been meaning to dump all my personal stories, but I guess it just freaks me out too much, and writing it out makes it definitely real, if that makes any sense. So I just bend the truth a little bit. Has to do with drowned kids, portals, spirit critters, demons, hands where there shouldn't be any, and faces in the windows. All things that have terrified me as a child when I saw them, so it must scare someone else.
It's really hard to find anything that scares me anymore. What really frightens me is a story where there is just hopelessness, I guess a good example would be "NoEnd House". Anything that has to do with humans doesn't frighten me much, like killers or gangs or anything like that.
I am working on a novel about a being who can travel through time, and match up the pieces of people's lives that he thought would make the most significant change before a huge catastrophe hit. But then it happens anyway (basically at the beginning of the book) and basically all good in the world has been shattered, and only small bits remain hidden away in people's minds. One of the things I love most about writing this is the character creation. Unbaptized children become these twisted and gnarled creatures that still have memories before being born and are the "gates" to how things were before the catastrophe. It's pretty fun to write, cause most of the people have gone insane, and writing about the things that they see is pretty damn interesting. It's like I've unlocked a few new fears just by writing the damn thing. I'll probably publish it eventually.
Btw I'm a girl.
>>
I am a writer, and I've dabbled in Horror, but I found that I'm not exactly great at it. Mediocre at best. From a short story of a man getting possessed by a demon who used to possess his serial killer father, or a story written from the perspective of a murder victim, I found that my writing in comedy seemed to be a lot more innovative.
>>
>>17447098
>write to the point that you start to question whether it's actually good, or if it sucks ass
>when that feeling hits, immediately stop writing and put it away
>DO NOT DELETE/EDIT ANYTHING
>don't look at it for a minimum of three months, longer if necessary
>don't even think about the piece of writing
>come back with a completely refreshed mindset
>read through it with an objective eye

This is my process. I also have a writer buddy I'm pretty close with, and we're straight up as fuck with each other.
>Hey, option A or option B?
>Option B. What the fuck were you thinking with A? Cut that shit out.

Keeps us both humble.
>>
i've been dabbling in horror for a bit
one of the methods i know of to make it truely scary is, dont shoot for scary, don't make it in your face scary, atmosphere is the damnation of all nerves, capitalize on that.
my writing style focuses on what i call "emotional hot spots"
the story will periodically lead up to moments that make you feel nostalgia, or you get a good feel of what's going on.
horror should never be forced, rather integrated into odd stories that have room for it.

i used to be a big fan of the CP community, but thanks to the raging fangirls/shit writers i watched it die, and it's painful.
>>
File: 002.jpg (1MB, 2338x1700px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
1MB, 2338x1700px
>>17441803

I want to make a horror comic on /x/ and having people give ideas, making threads updating it and we make our own webcomics.

who wants in??
>>
>>17447153
Honestly, I've been waiting for regular write threads like we have draw threads. I really only come to /x/ for recs on movies and books, settings for TTRPGs, and for writing inspiration/paranormal fact checking. Itd be cool to have a thread where we just give writing tips, share published work, and collab and network.
>>
>>17447153
Also is that your art? I really dig. Reminds me of The Maxx, or Venture Bros. I'd help comics with ya if I could find the time.
>>
File: 1456809541006.png (281KB, 410x443px) Image search: [Google]
1456809541006.png
281KB, 410x443px
>>17447153
I've got quite a few ideas for /x/ related comics, if you'd like to hear some. From psychic warriors in a cyberpunk future to eldritch horrors in fantasy settings. I've also got a few short stories that could benefit from a comic adaptation, if you'd like.
>>
Bump, this thread doesn't suck
>>
>>17447135
Do you have anything we could read? I'm interested in what your describing. I always like nostalgic stuff.
>>
I've written several short horror stories, even had some published on web magazines and blogs. Been in Surreal Grotesque a few times (Passing the Torch, Dreams from R'yleh) And had one published on the Carnage Conservatory blog (12 Feet Under) I usually write pieces set in my own universe, I find great joy in world building nut have taken on the occasional writing prompt. The second piece I had in SG was for their special Lovecraft issue. My main goal when writing though is mainly to entertain myself while working on the story. I try to write the kind of stories I love to read. Gritty, bloody, and psychologically twisted. It's all about writing what makes you happy.
>>
>>17447064
What m8
>>
File: 0082.jpg (564KB, 1700x1832px) Image search: [Google]
0082.jpg
564KB, 1700x1832px
>>17447597
>>17447182
>>17447174

yeah I'm all for trying to come up with something and maybe make threads updating the story.

what should it be about?
>>
>>17449250
Maube make it about /x/ but if /x/ was actually real? The divination threads were always dead accurate, every bit of advice on rituals and magick is real, youtube videos that are actually haunted, etc. If the comic was episodic, the writing prompts would be near endless. The main characyer/cast could just be a bunch of horror movie buffs.
>>
>>17448648
refer to
>>17446912
>>
>>17449333

trips confirm, what would one of those real situations be like?
>>
>>17449339
Maybe a new cryptozooligical recording, like Bloop, is going around /x/. And lets say the hero lives by the bay (Rhode Island or Maine) and they somehow forget to check their volume, or something silly, and they play the recording and it ends up being a mating call and attracts a prehistoric sea monster of the same species from it's hibernation. And maybe the monster is like the aboleth from D&D and it can mind control the citizens of the heroes town into going kind of crazy, and seeing visions of their new fish god and building altars.
>>
>>17449397

tell me more about the hero, what does she or he looks like?
>>
>>17449501
Girl with long unkempt black hair pulled back into a ponytail. Ratty hoody, and jeans. Kinda pale and sickly. She can be a student, a science major, probably biology. I aint no good with names.
>>
>>17449651
>hoody
>jeans
>pale
jeff the killer?
jane the killer?
(insert name" the killer?
cliche the killer?
>>
File: Norman_Babcock.jpg (365KB, 936x2292px) Image search: [Google]
Norman_Babcock.jpg
365KB, 936x2292px
>>17449750
Haha I was just trying to of the most generic horror protag garb. Jeans and somekind of jacket always come to mind.
>>
>>17449790
well as long as you know it's cliche
>>
>>17446986
You could try sending a handful of the better ones to a publisher and just see what happens.
>>
File: 001.jpg (286KB, 1240x2240px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
286KB, 1240x2240px
>>17449651
>>17449750
>>17449790
>>17449820

I drew her.

So what should she go against? how does the story starts?
>>
File: Aboleth.png (28KB, 200x228px) Image search: [Google]
Aboleth.png
28KB, 200x228px
>>17450500
I'm still partial to the mind controlling sea monster, but I think a good opener for the comic would either be her on her computer at 4 AM watching horror flicks or looking up paranormal shit, or in a biology lab dissecting a frog or crayfish. Just something that shows she's a huge weirdo.
>>
>>17450545
>mind controlling sea monster

I don't now, I think that we can push it farther.

Like what are some of the most popular /x/ monsters?

something that was created here or that is really popular here
>>
>>17450562
That one greentext about the monsters that are everywhere, but you dont see them untol someone else tells you about them, and at first they ignore you, but the more you think of them/notice then the more they try to touch you and eventually they feed off your fear? I can't remember the details and I dont have it saved. Also, I remember one about the doctor that drilled a hole in that guys head and he got extra sensory or something? We could have the hero ho through a similar operarion, and thats why she starts noticing all this eldritch shit.
>>
>>17450641
Also skinwalkers might be obligatory.
>>
>>17450646
>skinwalkers

wus that?
>>
>>17441803
I tried to start a story sorta continuing the story of At the Mountains of Madness. I wrote a decent bit but it's not very good. I've lost my spark. I can't really write anymore.
>>
>>17449250

Well, in terms of adaptable short stories, I have a ghost story with a twist, a light-hearted journey to find a Canadian cryptid, a tale about a drunk alien abductee out for revenge, and a lovecraftian tale set in the bowels of a shopping mall.

For original ideas, how about a subway themed serial killer? Or a guy trapped on an island, being hunted by a demon of dubious origins? I'm up for anything.
>>
File: page 2.jpg (697KB, 1700x2338px) Image search: [Google]
page 2.jpg
697KB, 1700x2338px
>>17450689

me too, pitch me a couple of ideas and maybe we can do a 5 page story, maybe more if I find it interesting enough.

So think on a story that can be told in 5 pages

this is an example of a page made by me ( work in process ) so maybe you can get an idea on how to tell a story this way.

I have been trying to find someone to do a '' you write the story, I make the drawings'' comic project, but is harder than you think, nobody wants to commit to do something for real.
>>
File: page 3.jpg (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
page 3.jpg
1MB, 2550x3300px
>>17450698

i actually like modern settings better.
>>
File: raw.gif (283KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
283KB, 500x224px
>>17450698
Hey, I've actually been looking for a comic artist for a while now! I'm a film student, but making movies costs a lot of money, with comics, I think we're just limited by our imaginations.

Anyway, I actually have a possible one or two page story that you could use to test this out. It's just a paragraph and a half and relies on visual storytelling. A naked, hungover guy slowly wakes up in a trashed motel room with someone lying next to him under the covers. There are claw marks on the walls and floor, and the guy struggles to remember what happened last night. There are also lots of unused condoms thrown about the floor.
Eventually, he pulls the covers off his bedmate, and it's a snoring female husky. It ends with the guy, disgusted, saying 'Dad always said that werewolves shouldn't drink on a full moon.'

I know it's cheesy, but it's doable, right? With some added visual flare, this could be a charming comic.

If you want something genuinely creepy, the shopping mall one could easily be adapted into about 5 pages, I could send the full story to you if you want. It's about two friends, one of whom is introducing the other to the lower levels of the mall he now works at. As they keep descending, things get spooky, as it seems that the mall was built on top of an older, more sinister construction. You'd get to draw an eldritch abomination towards the end if you like that kind of thing, space doppelganger.

I also have this horror 'fable' of sorts, about the devil testing people's morality and playing games with them. A girl is walking back home at night, when she sees an old wallet on the ground, filled with cash. She pockets it, and later comes across a hobo who begs for money (kinda like that jesus story, where he pretends to be a guy in need to test people, but with Satan instead). The girl says that she doesn't have anything, however, and then the guy starts stalking her in the dark, building to a darkly humorous climax in the rain.
>>
>>17450707
That's some fantastic art, by the way. Hope you post the rest of this here, lol. It actually reminds me of yet another story I have, based on an old nightmare, where a young girl sets out to defend her village from demons, in an old ritual meant to slay a monster. In the kind of depressing end, however, the village elders reveal that she was sent to feed the beast, not to destroy it, and she ends up killing herself to break the cycle.
>>
>>17450764
That story sounds rad. I'd read it even though I know the end.
>>
>>17450750
so thats about 10 panels at the most I'm thinking. also why would he says "dad always said that werewolves shouldnt drink on a full moon" is he talking to his sister? He should be saying "god I hate it when you drink on a full moon" the dad part makes no sense.
>>
>>17450807
Oh, lol, the guy is the werewolf. The husky is just a husky he picked up because he was drunk, I might not have explained this correctly.

>>17450779
Thanks! It's supposed to be a simple legend of sorts, about questioning faith and dealing with the past. I'll let you choose whichever story you like the most, if any. I think your art is really suited for this kind of thing.
>>
>>17450832
I aint the artist, I'm Op. The artist is the tripfag Space Doppelganger.
>>
>>17450848
my bad, lol.
>>
>>17441803
i'd like to write an animated horror series.
>>
>>17450750

hey I'm open to any of those ideas, I find interesting the one with the mall and the one with the devil testing people.

Try to write the actions and scenes with a little more detail and what is going on
>>
Thinking of a Lain-ish novel.
People have implants in their brains through which they can directly access the internet, in other words the internet is linked with reality.
Ordinary high school girl has her friends disappear one by one.
Nobody ever remembers the people who disappear, except for main girl, who starts questioning her sanity.
Turns out her friends were unpopular due to their controversial opinions against the internet link, so other people decided to cut them out of their reality completely (using the link with the internet).
Enough people doing this caused them to be cut out of actual reality.
Basically a tale about people being parochialism and people staying within isolated communities where everyone agrees with each other.
>>
>>17453224
>people being parochialism
whoops
>>
I love to write, but get into the habit of writing multiple stories that vaguely reference each other, unintentionally setting up a mythos.

I've started a project that's pretty detached thematically from everything I've written, and it's mostly in the planning stages of lore establishment.I have a few notes up on google drive; some character introductions and concepts, a "teaser" scene, and a worldbuilding glossary.
I'd really like to collaborate with someone from /x/ on it, so if you'd be interested feel free to email me and chat. It's a somewhat politically driven science fiction for the initial arc that's contained within an overarching horror narrative.
[email protected]
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (500KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
500KB, 500x235px
>>17452252
Here's a link to the mall one. SNR is dead, so I have full rights to this story. If you like it, I can turn it into a script.

https://saturdaynightreader.com/wp/buried-intentions/

Now, I'll try to sum up the devil story in txt, and I'll post it here as soon as I'm done.
>>
Question for writers:

I always struggle to end a story and often find myself rushing, and ruining, the ending.

I've got a great horror story 3/4 finished but I just can't seem to make an ending good enough to fit with the rest of it. I've rushed out 2 different endings but both were awful.

When you write a story do you plan the ending beforehand? Any tips on endings? Things to avoid?
>>
>>17441803
>how much of you here are writers of horror?
Not writer, but I write horror. The same as the guy who draws and is not an artist. I'm a hobbyist.

>Whatcha working on? Short Story? Novel? Creepypasta?
Short story. Some kind of Lovecraftian tale (in the style of H.P Lovecraft, not that it includes Cthulhu).

>Where ya get your inspiration?
30's movies, vintage ads, surreal paintings, science articles, own dreams and fears...

>What's your process?
>Think about shit
>write down short description
>amplify short description.

>How do you see if your story actually is horrific?
I don't. I only write something I consider scary for myself.

>Do you ever spook yourself while writing?
Only on nightmares. Sometimes I wake up and write my dreams. They do provide good material.
>>
I'm not a writer, but i make spooky music as a hobby. does that count?
>>
>>17453524
>>17453524
http://www.creative-writing-now.com/story-endings.html

May work, lad.
>>
>>17453567
post someting.
>>
>>17453576
Cheers, mate. Worth a try.
>>
I want to do "horror" or just antagonistic voice work but a) have a shitty mic an b) VA lessons to cost a bit of money.
I don't know howobjectively good the stuff I have recorded sounds
>>
I wrote a happening RP for /x/ which was capped and meme'd on /pol/. At one point it was being posted on 95% of /pol/ threads, people were literally shitting brix for months.

I stopped writing RPs after that.
>>
>>17453679
as long as you didn't write keit-ai it's ok
>>
>>17453772

Nah it was the Ebola/WHO/NWO conspiracy RP.

"Guess WHO I work for,
And I promise that I..."

I didn't think it was that good at the time, but when I saw worried anons posting it months later I realised I'd gone too far. I felt awful. I've seen it mentioned on YT conspiracy videos ffs.

I cringe whenever I see it.
>>
>>17453567
Soundcloud?
>>
>>17443342

This guy sounds like he put his dick in your sister or something.
>>
>>17453928
Ouch. I liked the rhyme. Glad you didn't get v&.
>>
>>17453928
>admitting to being the creator of that shitty RP
>>
>>17441803
Started out writing unpublished, non-publishable horror.
Got into propaganda engineering and been doing that ever since.

Fear, "Horror" is best manifested through mediums people would least expect..

Establishing paranoia in your audience and psychological disturbances is perhaps the highest form of the genre.

Forcing your manuscript to resonate with the audience through subjective triggering in their daily lives is the goal of the wordsmith.

There is some merit ITT, therefore bumpity.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 640x636px
I've posted a few creepypasta stories, and am currently working on a new sci-fi-horror project.
>>
File: image.jpg (909KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
909KB, 2048x1536px
>>17457330
Samefag here

They're a bit on the long side. Should I post a link?
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.