[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had a profound experience I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: out-of-body-experience.jpg (558KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
out-of-body-experience.jpg
558KB, 1000x707px
Let me start off by saying that I have identified as an Atheist all of my life and consider myself to be a very rational person. Now, last week I had quite an experience. It still has not sunk in fully yet so I am not going to elaborate on it in detail. Suffice to say, I had what I can only imagine would be deemed as an out of body experience during one of my meditation sessions.

I have no history of mental illness and was not under the influence of any substance as it occurred. Right now I am lost, with a million questions that I need answered with no one to ask. I don't even know where to begin. What I experienced has shaken me to the very core and I find myself beginning to question reality.

Now I am not active in any "spiritual" community and no nothing of who may help me sort though this. If I spoke with those who know me well I think they would suggest I visit a psych ward. After some web browsing these past few days I have encountered quite a few who seemed to have similar experiences but the road ends there. I'm looking for answers. I want to know what happened, why it happened to me, what it means, etc... If anyone could assist me in some way I would be eternally grateful.
>>
It probably was abstract as fuck, but, do try to elaborate.
What did you see while you were out there?
Reality unfolding before you?
>>
File: zambinis.jpg (49KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
zambinis.jpg
49KB, 480x343px
how often do you meditate OP?
Also meditation is the key to the truth of life. not this shit you see on tv, the human population is being dumbed down, yoga and meditation are made to appear as "luxury" and only rich people do that stuff. its to keep people from doing it and experiencing what you did, and questioning life itself.
>>
Its means you're autistic
>>
Please elaborate, op. There's different levels of obe. The first experience usually makes a big impression on the experiencer, especially when unexpected.
>>
Give us the deats cholo
>>
The way to progress, is to use your divine instrument. Practice with your body, and eventually you and the universe will make beautiful music together.
>>
Since OP is a giant faggot and won't deliver his experience, I'll share mine with you

>Be me in state of trance
>Body is feeling heavier and heavier
>Feel as if my soul is being pulled out of my body
>No longer me, lose contact with self
>Open eyes
vision.exe has stopped working
>I am now part of what seems to be massive membranes in a place I've never seen before
>Turn around to explore this new environment
>I am not alone, there are many like me in these membranes, can't communicate with them
>Feel as that I'm being left behind
>I feel terrified
>Wake up, drenched in sweat
>>
I've been meditating for a few years now for the sole purpose of stress relief and to improve my concentration. So last week during my normal routine I began to feel a tingling in my forehead. Suddenly in the upper right-hand corner of my minds eye, I saw a brilliant, circular, multi-colored pulsating Light. There are no words to describe this Light. It came into view much larger, seeming to jump to double the size. I had never seen anything like it before – a throbbing Light that seemed to be pure consciousness. When it jumped again to the third size, I left my body and went up toward this Light.

Just before I exited my body, my left eardrum began to vibrate and I heard a buzzing, humming sound. I am assuming that it was my vibration increasing to a higher level. The hum started out low and then went higher and higher, like the sound an airplane engine makes as it revs up ready for take-off.

There was absolutely no difficulty in leaving – by that I mean there was no seeming block to going out. It was as if I was then at such a high vibration, that I left between the particles of matter. I seemed to be splitting in two, it was a bizarre sensation. There was a tremendous magnetic pull that caused me to leave and go up toward the Light. As I left, I felt exactly as if I had slipped on ice with my feet going out from under me – feeling no gravitational pull at all once I was out.

I was hovering over my physical body for what I can only assume was 20 seconds or so. As soon as I looked down upon my body I began to panic and very quickly was snapped back inside. Afterwards I just sat there for a few minutes and tried to take in what just happened. It was such an unbelievable experience.

Hopefully this helps convey what happened and I'm hoping it will allow those of you experienced in these matters to offer me some insight. I'd really like to experience it again and perhaps be able to prolong the duration.
>>
http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Pray to Christ Jesus/Yeshua. Ask for forgiveness and swear allegiance to his Lordship.

If you cannot sincerely believe. Don't fret. God knows all our thoughts, and the moment we sincerely ask for forgiveness is the moment he starts his work on you.
>>
>>17442112
If god knows our thiughts they it already knew whether or not I will ask forgivenes sin the future. Hence if I ask forgiveness I destroy the concept of free will. If I keep myself in a state between saying it and not, I have a string of power.
>>
>>17441971
You're not alone dude. I call it the infinite sea of potentiality, I believe it's our home and true self. Only experienced it once but changed my life. Came back to the body with the thought "God never left" running through my head as in both I am god and never left the light and god is present now in manifest reality.
>>
File: 1457286759035.jpg (92KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457286759035.jpg
92KB, 500x500px
>>17439316
>>
>>17441971
that's crazy, but believable
I've been meditating for only a year or so, but My husbando is a pro at it
He just astral projects to me and chills with me all day...
Literally getting head as I type this
I'm still meditating, hoping I can get to his level, can't even see him, only feel and hear him
>>
File: bluestar.jpg (9KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
bluestar.jpg
9KB, 200x192px
>>17441971
Pretty standard out of body experience, from the sounds upon exiting the body to the freak out and snap return. You might be interested in looking into the work of Robert Monroe. His first experiences were also involuntary obe's where he was able to observe his physical body. He went on to learn how to do what he called "phasing" into different levels of consciousness where he was able to travel to different astral levels or bands. Some of these levels were closer to the physical and consisted of people who were simply dreaming or comatose. Going deeper he witnessed what he called belief-system territories where the many different afterlife beliefs of people on Earth all existed as they were essentially being co-created by the people that believed in them.

In Swami Muktananda's "Play of Consciousness" he talks about the different lights in the head one can see during meditation. One of the lights he would see is what he called the "Blue Pearl", which would expand and carry him off to different astral realms or "lokas" of different gods.

So yea, simply stepping out of body is just the beginning. It's not just about prolonging duration, but also the depth of travel.
>>
>>17439316
You'll go through a mystic phase and back to atheism eventually. And then again out of atheism, until you're not certain about anything anymore. Finally when you grow older and begin to fear death you'll become a boring church-going Christian something.
>>
>>17442726
Fucking Colour Haze yes

No one knows this band

"Peace, Brothers and Sisters!"
>>
>>17439316
I can respect your beliefs but remember everything is infinite meaning infinite possibility.Honestly had some real experience
>>
>>17443382
nope
>>
>>17442590
You have no power.
>>
>>17443382
don't believe these shills..
when you lose your Faith you basically give up on life
follow your heart
a lot of these comments come from dead spirits, people who whored out their souls for magic, at the expense of their afterlife
>>
Be a man OP, do the right thing.

>>17443382
>believe out of fear
lmao. christfags are pathetic btw.
>>
>>17448178
wow your hot opinion totally convinced me.
>>
OP, you just had an astral projection. The adhesion of your spiritual body to your physical one loosened during meditation and you were able to float off somewhere. Or maybe it was just a vision.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.