[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Montauk Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: CampHeroRadarTower.jpg (192KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
CampHeroRadarTower.jpg
192KB, 900x600px
Anybody from Long Island or NY know about Montauk or Camp Hero? Not my picture but I just took a good trip out there this morning. Eerie fucking place.

Montauk thread?
>>
For anybody who doesn't really know:

>base erected during ww2 as anti u-boat antiair emplacement
>disguised as fake fishing village
>rumors abound of vast underground laboratory network, complete with mind control and time travel
>bunkers closed to public
>surface given to parks department
>constantly patrolled by state police
>vast underground bunker system for montauk boy experiments
>montauk project and shit
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project

I regret not taking pictures today because I didn't think I'd be posting about this, I never fucking post on /x/, but this shit is creepy.

The whole place is pretty much dead quiet; there's maybe one or two guys riding around on a rhino, just patrolling, and some cops sitting in parking lots. There's nothing here to steal anymore; the easy-to-break-into buildings have been rooted through and all the valuable metal is gone.

The big 16-inch casemate bunkers are all sealed with maybe 8 inch slabs of concrete put in front of the doors. Doesn't seem all too hard to get through, honestly. Also, there are manhole covers also covered with concrete all throughout the woods. Without proper tools, you're not getting through.

In the actual radar tower, there's a shaft on the ground floor leading into the basement, but its entirely flooded. Not naturally flooded, either. The radar tower is at the highest point of the tallest hill in the entire camp, and the water rises nearly right to the first floor. That shit isn't natural.
>>
Shameless bump in the hopes that someone might find this interesting instead of the sixteenth skinwalker thread today

A buddy of mine has a story from maybe five or six years ago worth a greentext

>degenerate from high school needs quick dosh
>rounds up 11 buddies, oxyacetylene torches, pickaxes, sledgehammers
>roll out to camp hero
>raid the radar tower for electrical wire (copper), continue to next building, rinse, repeat
>head asshole finds ladder in building, heads to basement
>rips out bundles of wire thicker than your arms
>eventually comes across lights
>LIGHTS
>STILL ON
>nopes the fuck out of there
>cashes the fuck out, buys trucks, lives like a king
>returns a month later
>cops still swarming the camp
>manhole cover returned, recemented, twice as big

I really thought he was lying but he had the receipts. He tore out tens of thousands of dollars worth of copper out of those wires, and they were almost seven inches in diameter. It's still operational down there
>>
>>17421544
Omfg, good story!

Where do you think the time tunnel terminates? Block island?
>>
File: RhodeislandMonster[1].jpg (65KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
RhodeislandMonster[1].jpg
65KB, 560x420px
This is literally the only thing I know about Montauk
>>
>>17421805
wtf is that like a bird dog?
>>
>>17421814
Look up "plum island monster"
A similar corpse washed up on Manhattan, in the East five, the pigs said it was a pig.
>>
>>17421814
Homunculus
https://youtu.be/HNLPXzlz6-I
>>
>>17421819
East river*
>>
>>17421819

Apparently, it's just a raccoon that floated off of plum island, bloated, lost its hair, and landed on the beach. Shit happens all the time here, honestly. Can't walk down the beach without finding a deer or something half buried in the sand. Something about the salt makes them not decompose for a long time. This one decomposed just enough for its cartilage to look like a beaky structure.
>>
>>17421755

The underground tunnel might just go out to block island. Why not? If the original installation was there as U-boat defense, it makes sense that they'd use Block Island too, seeing as how you have a much better view of the Atlantic from Block Island than you ever would from Montauk.
>>
>>17421823

anybody speak slav?
>>
>>17421461
Are you still here I have some questions.
>>
I recommend "the Montauk Chronicles" for further references. I is, as far as I know, the most complete and throughout account of happenings and warpfuckery over there.
>>
>>17423558
Those folks always struck me as a little disingenuous, it might be to do with the unfalsifiablity of the claims or the psoudo-religous, self-agrandizing, hollywood-esque notion that the world only exists because of the goodness in their hearts.
>>
>>17422982
yeah
>>
>>17421479
>>constantly patrolled by state police
I thought it was patrolled by some dudes in black clothes without any markings? I doubt state police would have the time and patience to constantly hang out at some abandoned bunker, that's not their line of work.
>>
File: IMG_2137.gif (147KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.gif
147KB, 400x324px
>>17421461
Intrested, I live in the great land of ohio. Would love to explore this, but too damn far.
>>
File: 1449597224026.jpg (33KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1449597224026.jpg
33KB, 400x299px
>>17423765
>great land of ohio
>kill yourself
>>
>>17423202

I am still here lol. Ask away.

>>17423665

You'd be surprised, but yeah, marked state trooper cars. You'd think they wouldn't have a reason to sit there, but no, they really did for about four or five hours. As far as the black clothes without any markings? Those are kids. The only thing you're guaranteed to find walking around Camp Hero is another snot-nosed little brat trying to find a way in to the bunker. "Did you guys find a way in yet?" What the fuck do you think, kid??

Nah, the only people who really patrol the park are the two or three maintenance men and the state police which for some reason roam around. Another popular rumor is that "white or black escalades are constantly following me around," which also isn't true. There WILL be cops following you around if you try to drive around at night, so park far away and walk through the woods.

>>17424178

lol what's the shit part of the island, Mastic Beach? Just go during the day, it's a state park so no one's gonna mess with you unless you're very conspicuously going where you aren't supposed to go.
>>
File: camp hero gym church.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
camp hero gym church.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
I didn't take this picture but I'm glad someone else did.

The whole base was built to look like a fake town, including this building. It looks like a church, but it was really the gym for the six hundred summat soldiers stationed there during dubyadubyatoo, so says the plaque out in front. The interesting thing is, around the left side of this picture, there's a set of stairs above the foundation leading to the first floor, and the foundation behind the stairs has been neatly kicked out of the way. Further inspection revealed that the foundation was so unbelievably thin that I can't believe anyone used this building for its intended purpose. I swear to god, it was about as thin and brittle as a clay pigeon. It goes right into a crawlspace in the floor which leads into the gym. The floor inside is absolutely fucked, too. All they would've had to do is throw a basketball and it would've went right through a fuckin wall.
>>
File: camp hero bunker.jpg (147KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
camp hero bunker.jpg
147KB, 640x480px
I really wish I knew when this picture was taken; this may have been the only time it was relatively easy to get into one of those fucking bunkers!

They literally just put a huge slab of concrete flat in front of the door. If you had the right machine, you could pull it right off the wall. The funny thing is how they make repairs. Now I don't know if, in this picture, whoever damaged the concrete actually made it through. Half the time, someone shows up with a jackhammer, makes a hole, can't make it big enough, and gives up with a six inch wide hole in the concrete. The lovely maintenance men, fed up that they have to do this shit for the six millionth time because of these god.damn.kids, just slap a piece of plywood on there temporarily until the gubment can come in and place a smaller slab of concrete in front of the other slab of concrete. Some of these bunker doors look pretty comical; like one of those baby toys with the multicolored rings, but with concrete.

We did find one bunker with a small, inch wide hole clearly leading straight through. I could feel a breeze from the other side. If there's an easy way to break apart the concrete, it'd be using that hole.
>>
File: Insidehole.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Insidehole.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
Google says this is a hole in Camp Hero? I call bullshit. It's nigh impossible to get into those fucking places now, and everyone wants to be the one to do it. "Why would they lie?" Bitch why wouldn't they fucking lie, it's e-peen.

Also people apparently were wondering why there are so many orbs in the picture? What's with the floating orbs??

It's dust. It's just fucking dust.

There's a transmitter building which used to have another smaller tower a small walk away from the big radar tower. We broke in there and it basically looked like the picture with all the dust. Not safe to be breathing in, probably.

Also one last fun rumor to dispel. Everyone loves talking about how the radar dish somehow mysteriously moves. Residents in the area report the dish facing east one morning, and facing west the next, without any more motion for months on end. Paranormal phenomena?

Nope, you can literally go up there and turn it yourself. That's a fun one to debunk. I love watching people's faces when I disprove that little theory.
>>
>>17426177
Not born on this island. but....MB. Goddamn your good. unfortunately stuck here for a while longer.
>>
>>17426271

Haha yeah man I was born here so I know where all the cheap housing is. Unfortunately MB is a massive shithole thanks to cheap apartment housing and ethnic diversity. Not a place I'd wanna raise kids. Honestly the whole island really sucks, the worst people packed into the smallest area.
>>
>>17421461
CAMP HERO?!!!
That is soo...CAMP! heh && sp00kyyy.
>>
>>17426194
I think it would just be cheaper to pay 2 guys, each with a different shift just to sit there with an Ar-15 rifle, you trespass, you get shot.
>>
>>17426285
THANK YOU. so on the money. Its a problem because it's an island and we don't have connections to Any other states highways into other States nothing. with fucking the same people on it, all tend to grow up to be the same. shit attitudes and ugh just discussing. fuck I hate this island.
back to Montauk however.... it is beautiful out there. enjoyed taking my Miata last year top down. lots of fun
>>
>>17426490

I feel like they don't wanna make the entire place a restricted area because that's just gonna draw more attention to it. Most people who live around here have never heard of Camp Hero or the Montauk Project, believe it or not. Yeah, the sign is right smack dab on the only road leading to the lighthouse, but its the fucking lighthouse, come on. That's the only reason 99.9% of people go to Montauk is to gawk at the fucking lighthouse. Putting a 'state park' in front of the biggest attraction on the east end is genius because no one looks twice at it.
>>
>>17426454

leave
>>
As someone from Nassau, I feel like all the spooky and interesting things only happen in Suffolk County.
>>
I'm from upstate NY, just outside of Albany, I vacation in Montauk every summer. I've been to camp hero more times than I can count but I've never seen police there, it's like any other state park. Maybe the cops come out at night though. The scariest part of Camp Hero are the fucking black flies, they're pretty vicious and their bites hurt quite a bit.
>>
>>17421502
Why did they cover their traces so much ? It's ridiculous
>>
>>17422969

Yeah a raccoon.
>>
>>17428393

Ooo fuck yeah bud those horseflies are a real bitch. They fucking hurt, too. You can dive underwater and they'll stay latched on. As far as the cops go, I'm a little surprised you've never seen one, but maybe police presence is toned down for the summer? The summer is the only time of year Montauk is alive, so maybe cops are focused more on writing speeding tickets and getting revenue than waiting to see if little Johnny Snot-nose is going to break into the tower and hurt himself.

>>17429712

That's the weird bit. I can understand not wanting to waste time and money on tearing down old buildings. I can understand blocking up the bunkers so that kids can't go inside and hurt themselves. What I don't understand is why they clearly and deliberately artificially flooded the only pathways leading underneath the radar tower. Whatever was down there didn't just call for a concrete block; it called for the time and money to flood it right up to the ground floor. What don't they want us to see?

>>17428315

the only spooky thing that happens in nassau is cultural enrichment
>>
>>17429894
>maybe police presence is toned down for the summer?

That's probably it, I see them all over town during the summer but never within Camp Hero itself.
>>
>>17423651
Nice! Same here comrade!
>>
Another funny thing I forgot to mention.

The transmitter building looked like kids had been chilling in it fairly recently. There was a fresh set of electric lanterns strung up throughout the three rooms, a sofa set up right next to the door, and beer bottles broken all over the floor. Shitty place to hang out, if you ask me. The air was absolutely fucked.
>>
>>17432083

Albanyfag here, I'd probably have a beer or two in there. Would be a change of pace from the beach.
>>
>>17421461
Go back, take pics and see if you can get into the bunkers/underground section. Find out what's in there.
>>
>>17421823
Shit so fake

Also wtf he keeps he sperm for this?
>>
captree state part has the ghosteses, robert moses has the gheys
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.