[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update #29

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 51

File: VMFA_91-509_v1_TF_x-923x1024.jpg (419KB, 923x1024px) Image search: [Google]
VMFA_91-509_v1_TF_x-923x1024.jpg
419KB, 923x1024px
Links:

Temple of Solomon the King:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

Hey guys, new update for the library. First the update list, then some discussion on the trajectory of the project.

>A.'.A.'.>Libri
Added Grimorium Sanctissimum...have a few copies scattered about but this is the only one that's in a coherent ritual script. Spoiler: It's a fuckmagick.

>Eastern
Kaula Purana. Short, a page and a half. Just calls you a pleb if you're not a Kaula.

Skull Magic. If it's in a tantra, and it's a spell using a skull rather than a religious practice, Grey's gone through the trouble of extracting everything for your easy reference. VERY useful if you're an edgy fuckwad with an unused human skull lying about.

The Kapalika and Kalamukhas. These are speculations on what we know about the two now lost Saivist sects of Tantra which evolved into just about everything we know today.

Chinnamasta: The Awful Buddhist and Hindu Tantric Goddess. Reflections on the Corpse-Queen.

>Eastern>Shakta
Kulachudamani Tantra, not sure where to stick this one, it's here because it's Nigama rather than Agama; it's in two editions, the Arthur Avalon version and Lokanath's translation.

>Eastern>Tibet
Taming of the Demons, which covers the Buddha-ization of Tibet, and the migration from Bon to Vajrayana.

Life of Milarepa and Birth of a Heruka, both covering the life of the sorcererous Milarepa.
>>
File: 2ss3eb.jpg (184KB, 650x660px) Image search: [Google]
2ss3eb.jpg
184KB, 650x660px
>>17417321
>Eastern>Vajrayana
Cakrasamvara Tantra, Samputa, Candamaharosana, and Dohakosa. Some of these are old and can barely be said to be Vajrayana at all, and are rather tantrik mahayana.

The Concealed Essence of the Hevajra Tantra. This one is just a better translation of the text.

Mahamudra and the Core Instructions of the Kagyu School, Brilliant Illumination of the Lamp of Five Stages, A Roll of Thunder from the Void.

>Kabbalah
Concealment and Revelation: Esotericism in Jewish Thought and the Philosophical Implications

Where we are today: I only expect me to know this, but I've cut some texts off my acquisition list at this point. What follows are the only texts I need to consider the library “complete” and I can focus on promulgation rather than curation.
>>
File: chinnamasta_ht21.jpg (112KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
chinnamasta_ht21.jpg
112KB, 590x800px
>>17417330
Kalikapurana, tr B.N. Shastri. Sanskrit and English in two volumes. HIGH PRIORITY

"Kaulavali Nirnaya", Arthur Avalon

Sarada Tilaka Tantra (English Translation)

Kularnava Tantra Ram Kumar Rai's edition

The Starry Rubric, Alexander Cummins

Aspects of Kashmir Saivism by B.N. Pandit

Tantraloka

Spandapradipika A Commentary on the Spandakarika by Bhagavadutpalacarya By Mark S.G. Dyczkowski

Kubjika, Kali, Tripura, and Trika (Publications of the Nepal Research Centre) by Mark S. G Dyczkowski
Manthanabhairavatantram, Kumarikakhandah 12 Vol. The Section Concerning the Virgin Goddess by Mark S. G Dyczkowski

On the Mystical Shape of the Godhead: Basic Concepts in the Kabbalah by Gruenwald, Ithamar.

Apocalyptic and Merkavah Mysticism by Ithamar Gruenwald

The Merkabah in Rabbinic Literature by David J. Halperin

From Apocalypticism to Gnosticism: Studies in Apocalypticism, Merkavah Mysticism, and Gnosticism by Ithamar Gruenwald

Mystical Prayer in Ancient Judaism. An Analysis of MA’ASEH MERKABAH by Michael D. Swartz

The Revelation of the Secret World: The Beginning of Jewish Mysticism by Joseph Dan

The Gnostic Imagination. Gnosticism, Mandaeism, and Merkabah Mysticism

“Peering through the Lattices”: Mystical, Magical, and Pietistic Dimensions in the Tosafist Period

Hekhalot Zutreti

Sex and Lunar Worship By Ida Craddock, Edited and with an Introduction by Vere Chappell.

Red Flame: Beastly Book of Changes AND/OR Equinox 5:3 – Chinese Mysticism.

Satyr's Sermon

Secret School of Wisdom: Translated Illuminati Rituals
Of the above, I have the last text on my shelf. The first four have not been made digital in the last five years, so I ordered them. Plus a fifth tantra that flew under my radar until yesterday. God knows when I'll have time to actually scan again, though. May be a project for the summer, but it'd be worthy Service. Kalikapurana's fuckhuge though, Tantraloka is too.
>>
Hi.
>>
File: 1456096323140.jpg (48KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1456096323140.jpg
48KB, 500x432px
>>17417350
That's only 22 texts. At this point, considering I've already pilfered most of the seriously expensive material off the list, and all that's left in terms of price is shit like Satyr's Sermon, the Yi King material, and Tantraloka, I may stop waiting and hunting, and rather buying/doing.

I've considered asking interested parties if they wanna pool money but that sounds waaaay too TO.bz for around here.

I managed to get the acquisition list cut from two pages to one over the last couple years, but these holdouts prevent full closure of my aims: providing a "complete" library insomuch as I can keep up with new releases, which it seems I can.

Anyway, next library update's the big 30. We are currently clocking in at:
>35.6 GB
>5201 files
>>
>>17417379
Howdy.

>>17417321
>A.'.A.'.>Libri
>Added Grimorium Sanctissimum...have a few copies scattered about but this is the only one that's in a coherent ritual script. Spoiler: It's a fuckmagick.
Pigfucking Christ, it's in Class D, which should be obvious, as it's a ritual.
>>
>>17417321
Here is my favorite *mystic* text wink wink
"And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew."
Surat 2:102 from the Qur'an
>>
>>17417406
for fucks sake, we are finishing with christians and now we have to deal with muslims. Fucking abrahamic religions man.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-27+at+10.50.43).jpg (31KB, 305x415px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-27+at+10.50.43).jpg
31KB, 305x415px
Hello! any advice on chaos magick? I have already read Carroll, The Psychonaut field manual, and I'm already practicing meditation.
Is there anyway in which you could help me?
>>
Bump with a question. Does Hall's "Secret's of All Ages" have two editions? Because i swear the one i actually have in print opens differently and contains less material than the one i torrented before i stumbled across K's library. It's almost like the printed copy i have is some abridged version for kids, even though the titular pages don't mentions this.

>The Gnostic Imagination. Gnosticism, Mandaeism, and Merkabah Mysticism

Yay!
>>
File: 1455113265786.jpg (42KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1455113265786.jpg
42KB, 478x373px
>>17417507
Shit mate, that's on the acquisition list, anything here: >>17417350 ain't in the library yet.

>>17417446
>now we have to deal with muslims
>pic related

>>17417499
Most of what is called meditation in the west is actually yoga. Tell me what you're interested in and we can go from there.
>>
>>17417612
I'm interested in learning how to charge sigils, and how do I realized the sigils are being charged (I hope you understand what I mean), and practicing some modest rituals, to see if I'm doing things ok.
>>
File: 1456511419697.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456511419697.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>17417650
>charge sigils ( as per chaote methods mentioned in Carroll's Liber Kaos)

Rajayoga, Hathayoga, Shiva Samhita to develop mental clarity and 'meditate'.

>modest rituals
Liber Resh + an adoration
LBRP
Star Ruby
Middle Pillar

Mix and match to develop a routine. Stick with it.
>>
>>17417664
>Rajayoga
thanks!
>>
>>17417669
raja yoga is worthless and for utter retards. Stick to Hatha if you want results.
>>
>>17417321
>Life of Milarepa and Birth of a Heruka, both covering the life of the sorcererous Milarepa.
did you get these because i requested them in the last thread or just a coincidence? either way thanks!
>>
File: 473686707_7138b73bde.jpg (73KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
473686707_7138b73bde.jpg
73KB, 500x370px
>>17417672
I'd be inclined to agree here, but whatever vehicle leads your to attainment works; ain't my place to stand in for anyone's guru or tell others what's what.
>>
File: 1456270798789.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456270798789.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>>17417679
Both, I think. I was stripping more vajrayana dox and I think it was just in my pile of 'to upload' when you called out for 'em.

>sorcererous
Fuck me sideways I'm full of typos tonight.
>>
>>17417691
>Hatha
I'd just want my sigils to work, and I don't know if I'm doing them right. I'm following Carrol's instruction, and charging them trough orgasms. But I don't know if they are taking a while to make effect, or I'm failing on something.
>>
>>17417731
>and charging them trough orgasms
If that's the only method you're using go back and read Liber Kaos again. Gnosis is at the end of a half hour of yoga as much as it is orgasm.

>Also, Shiva Samhita.
>>
>>17417739
>Gnosis is at the end of a half hour of yoga as much as it is orgasm

I'm sorry, I'm spanish speaker and I'm not following this part.
>>
>>17417731
>I'd just want my sigils to work, and I don't know if I'm doing them right.
Sigils are gay beyond all fuck. I recommend you use a method that actually works so you don't waste your time and energy.
>>
>>17417751
ok, you actually convinced me, kthxbai
>>
>>17417985
hey thoth the other day, while pursuing some goetic trivia I was curious about, I went looking for a book I needed and realized after some searching that I already had it in my library. Ive got the spoopiest magic(k)al thumbdrive ever now.

Thanks for your dedicated and focused work on bringing all these texts together.
>>
>>17418052
You're very welcome.
>>
>>17417321
Somebody really needs to write a guide, or create an infographic for this library. It's very difficult to know what to read as a newcomer.
>>
>>17417745

Gnosis es igual al final de media hora de hatha yoga que cuando uno orgasma.
>>
>>17418864
There is a beginner folder in there but i agree, i am a graphic artist so i would more than love to help out in any way. Let me know Ape of !Th0tH
>>
>>17418970
Do it if you want. I can stick it at the top.

And c'mon, guys, it's only four hundred and eighty nine folders worth of material, it ain't THAT big.
>>
File: 1453059977783.jpg (1MB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1453059977783.jpg
1MB, 1000x1412px
There is also a huge library at fringechan (http://fringechan.org/library/res/1.html)
Check out the short 'Neophytes Gold'.
If you want a lot of practice without much theory, check 'The Book of Knowledge' in that collection.
>>
>>17417321
I am a beginner on the occult topic so i can only help putting the graphics together, someone would need to supply the structure and order of the information and what they want displayed.
>>
>>17419057
My library's on Fringechan. Frankly, I'm highly suspicious of /fringe/'s collections if it's anything like the last thing the guy on cripplechan ran.

>>17419065
I have no idea what people would want in an infographic. I'm not a fan of 'babby's first' material. It took months for me to even supply a 'beginners' folder.
>>
>>17419069
Which one is your library? And why would you suspicious of this library? Its an immense collection, all things combined. Also, the new fringechan is currently being run by multiple people, me included. We take moderation seriously and are a little stricter, in comparison to how things went on cripplechan /fringe/. Smiley, the person you are referring to, is also part of this team however.
>>
>>17419159
Temple the Solomon the King, as labeled in my OP. I distrust /fringe/'s main library because it was rather poorly disorganized, incomplete (why make a Crowley folder if you're not going to fill it out or present more than sacred-texts) and contained huge amounts of AV material which is harder for me to vet; for example, if I find a book published by University of Whereever Press, I can be assured it's probably decent. I actually have to listen to lectures to figure out what's worth it and what isn't.

I thought Smiley was getting mega fuckin' paranoid about joining the new site's mod team.
>>
>>17417321
Also we're looking for writers for www.lvxnox.com

Also someone to pick the themes for it, because I'M SHIT AT GRAPHIC DESIGN BOO-HOO.

>>17417499
Chaos magic is glorified self-hypnosis.
I.e. start with Emie Coue.

>>17417751
This.

>>17419057
>fringechan
What a load of bollocks.
>>
>>17417321
>want to get into woowoo shit
>ask divination gen if I have any talents
>one guy got blocked by something's sigils and shit
>another guy said they saw a phoenix wrecking shit

Fuck me
>>
>>17419636
Bend over :)
>>
File: 1452986116486.jpg (302KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1452986116486.jpg
302KB, 680x680px
>>17420111
>111
Bump.
>>
>>17420160
Another slow thread.
>>
>>17420371
Verily. I'm going to be off until the 21st, taking two training courses.

One in analogue hypnosis (i.e. physical syncing via mirror neurons, to the extent of predicting movements in other people, as I understand it), and one in Hypnotherapy with an ISO9001 cert. Which means FUCK YES I CAN WORK EVERYWHERE (except places which require a medical or psychology degree to perform hypnosis in).

I'll most likely write a bit of a report on that when I'm done.

What's up with your work anyway?
>>
File: 1456522117579.png (223KB, 356x334px) Image search: [Google]
1456522117579.png
223KB, 356x334px
>>17420375
Work? Like IRL work?

I'm doing some consultation type shit with some bigwig fuckers from the city so the museum can get estimates on some lightly damaged Civil War era paintings.

I think my Ferdowsi research stalled out because they brought in a professional. >tfw

Then I'm doing this thing with the local city's business development agency designing surveys.

That would be why I said I wouldn't really be doing anything w/r/t LVXNOX until at least like the seventh or eighth. I've got some papers and I think even an exam thrown in all that too.

Spiritual work I'm coming up on the SA rite in Dragon Book of Essex which is equinoctial and intended to be something of a shamanic style empowerment. Talking to Lokanath about the Kaula. Got an animal face I'm going to doctor to attach to the kangling which I've already cut and carved. Finding the menstrual blood to dye it with is proving to be a touch more of a pain in the ass than I anticipated. I really need to get a consort again.
>>
>>17420395
Sounds like a busy time. I've been finding life more enjoyable since I stopped stressing about Enochian as much. I haven't had any of them show up spontaneously in months now.

I just finished a fuckhuge (140 pages) translation, so I'm kinda chilling and doing nothing today. Tomorrow, 6 hour bus trip. Fucking argh.
>>
>>17420413
Yeah, I got cut early today so I'm going to do roughly the same, try to enjoy a few extra hours before the next couple days start getting genuinely intense. I'm going to try to bust ass and have all my academic work done before the weekend so I can finish up the survey design.
>>
Dear /x/,

Where should I start if I'm to learn about barriers? I'm feeling compelled to study it but I'm not the greatest magician of all times.
>>
>>17420505
>barriers
?
C'mon, m8 be specific.
>>
>>17420509

Sorry, my bad.

What I actually wanted to know is if there's a religion or a branch of magic that dealt with sigils, chanting, meditation or some kind of energy manipulation that could clean a room, a house, an open space or even a body of low and dense energies.
>>
>>17420550
Basic banishing rituals intend to do this.
LBRP
Star Ruby
...others

>clearing via sigils
Will mostly be via your desired intent if you're using Agrippa/Spare's sigilization methods of reducing sentences into strings of letters.

>chanting
Lots here but it'll be dependent on your tradition. Same with all the others on your list. Most religious or shamanic spheres are going to have exoteric and esoteric methods of banishment.

Examples: Tantra has you assume the attitude of wrathful Godforms. Amerinds are going to smoke out a location and use songs. If you're that interested in like finding obscure methods get access to a university journal proxy or something (most uni libraries will let you sign up to borrow/access computers) and search names of cultures plus shit like "purifying" "sacred space" "cleansing" with some extra words tossed in to keep your searches to anthropology or comparative religion.

Sorry, the library's divided up by tradition, not topics appearing across traditions.
>>
>>17420583

Thank you, Thoth. You gave me some good ideas.
>>
File: 7564321.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
7564321.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>17420111
O-only if it's you...
>>
File: 1455162554976.jpg (119KB, 607x428px) Image search: [Google]
1455162554976.jpg
119KB, 607x428px
>>17420632
>>17420111
>>
Sorry but I've been doing some research into working with spirits and demons (mostly focusing on the tried and true Ars Goetia) but I'm finding that their rituals require a lot of materials for a poor bum like me.

Is there any branch that does demon/spirit work but doesn't necessarily need that much stuff to start with?
>>
>>17420736
Grimorium Verum's a viable option.

Also, plenty of work demonstrates that the operations don't hinge on lion skins and plates of precious metal.

THAT SAID, you should strive to simulate as much as humanly possible (which is why I like reading from smoke more than reading from mirrors).
>>
>>17420767
Oh yes, I understand that. But it was a problem with obtaining cloth large enough for a circle, a mirror (which I would then have to paint), a brass container, certain types of incense, etc.

Not very good on a struggling wallet.
>>
>>17420776
>cloth large enough for a circle
White bedsheet and sharpie.

>mirror
Fuck the mirror, use smoke, it's more traditional and I get more visual manifestation out of it. You'll still need a brass vessel, BUT if you just inscribe the sigils around a campfire, it should do the trick.

>incense
You can duck out on your responsibility to go by the book using 777 and other Kabbalistic correspondences (provided they're actually cheaper in context).

No, not good for the struggling wallet but I tend to be broke as dogshit most of the time myself. The only advice I have is to cut back on weed and vidya, or whatever minor vices you have. And that ain't a 'hurr poorfag has an iphone' arguement either, ijs that the half off the already lightly used copy of Mortal Kombat X will buy a lot of incense.

I don't know your situation though, if things are that tight you've got my empathy...and in that case I'd recommend getting good with visualization because even strict Hindi lines of transmission are OK with you visualizing 4/5ths of your practice.
>>
>>17420802
Are there any things I can do to help increase my visualization skills? I already meditate but that's just general mindfulness.
>>
>>17420831
Very basic yoga. Now that you're exploring mindfulness, learn to visualize a static or fixed object.

Then a moving one.

Then experiment from there.
This explains a lot about a lot:
>>>>The earliest European reports of Tibet were from Rabbi Benjamin of Tudela who left Zaragoza, Aragon in 1160 and travelled to Baghdad before returning to Navarre in 1173. Based on his discussions with learned men, Rabbi Benjamin describes Tibet as being the land of musk and as being four days journey from Samarkand
>>
Hello, i'm in argentina and I'm looking for starting my path, but I cannot find any trustful place.
Do you have any advice?
>>
>>17420862
>This explains a lot about a lot

I'm afraid i don't follow, would you elaborate?
>>
>>17419057
>Cthulhu studies, ritual workings & esoteric theorization
Errrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>17420863
Read some books from the tradition you're interested into, so that you can judge the available places. Lurk a bit inside used bookstores, this may be helpful.
Perhaps the much maligned freemasons would be a good place to start. If you are not black, you will want to stay the fuck out of anything related to strong santeria. Hell, even if you're black you probably are better off avoiding it.
>>
>>17417612
>Most if what is called meditation in the west is actually yoga.

Only in the confused new age sense. Properly speaking meditation is Dhyana.
>>
>>17421258
Sure, my point is that the vast majority of confused new agers sitting in the lotus and keeping a breath metric are doing (depending on your exact tradition) the first couple steps of the yogic process whether they're aware of it or not.
>>
Does anybody have any questions about the non-eastern traditions? I am free wellspring of information for the next few hours.
>>
>>17421303
Why do you think Silchard's sigil is on Urbain Grandier's Pact?

What's your opinion on Colonial American use of witch-jugs?

Got any better translations of the Fraternitas Saturni materials?

Got access to JD Gunther's Top Secret Q-Clearance Holy Texts?

What was the exact extent of Greek Sacred Psychiatry, and would they even have reckoned it as such?

Where in the blue fuck did some of these Neoplatonic entities come from?

Do we actually have an appendant practices for Agrippa's use of the Behenian Fixed Stars?
>>
>>17421303
>>17421323
Bump for chats about non-Eastern traditions.
>>
>>17421323
What the fuck is all this stupid shit? Western occultism is such a joke. Show me the results faggot
>>
>>17421384
>comparative religion is stupid shit/a joke
Glad I never ran into many of you cats in undergrad, even in the hard sciences.
>>
>>17421412
I was a bio/analyticphilosophy major, only met people who talked like this ironically
>>
>>17421435
Neat, I like bio but never enough to actually plunge headlong in. Got decent amounts through neuro and bioanth.

>analytic philosophy
That could mean anything or nothing, what were you interested in?
>>
>>17421412
Forgoing all the stupid terminology, tell me a practical application for any of this shit (besides jerking off your little ego)
>>
File: 6irlO9a.gif (360KB, 388x280px) Image search: [Google]
6irlO9a.gif
360KB, 388x280px
>>17421451
>>
File: a1496602863_10.jpg (531KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
a1496602863_10.jpg
531KB, 1200x1199px
>>17421451
Learning the phenomenology, from the biological level to the perceptual, may lead to insight on mindstates in the religious experience that could be applied to secular therapeutic techniques.

Indications of this are already in Principles of Neurotheology and Kabbalah: A Neurocognitive approach, both in my library, the first under the folder labeled A.'.A.'.>Philosophy the second under Kabbalah.

But yeah, sure it's all about me or whatever.
>>
>>17421455
Why not take a shot and try to genuinely answer my question?
>>
>>17421471
>may lead to insight on mindstates in the religious experience

What is "the religious experience"? Which are you referring to?

>secular therapeutic techniques

So all this hocus pocus is about devising relaxation techniques?

>Principles of Neurotheology and Kabbalah

This actually sounds interesting, though I am still convinced that much of the jargon you people use is deliberately meant to confuse or mystify. The most valuable truths can be conveyed simply and to the point.
>>
>>17421446
Some philosophers who were stressed in the upper year seminars were: Searle, nozick, Kuhn , Parfit, Quine, Foot, Bonjour, Wittgenstein, etc.

I was just as interested in the ancient and continental stuff personally, but there was less of it on offer. I had to take courses with Lit and Womens Studies professors to study neoplatonism and phenomenology respectively.
>>
>>17421497
I don't think we have well defined parameters yet, as evidenced by the broad perspective in which Principles of Neurotheology speaks; I imagine at this point everything's on the table for investigation.

>relaxation techniques
D-did I say that? There could be any number of uses, of which relaxation may or may not be only one.

>>17421511
That sounds terrible. The only two courses I took in my uni's phil. dept. were logic and then an entire course on Phenomenology of Perception.
>>
>>17421473
Why not find a less autistic way of asking if you want people to do something for you.
>>
>>17421323
>Why do you think Silchard's sigil is on Urbain Grandier's Pact?

Who knows. The whole document could be faked, the Church knows all those sigils. The symbolic entity itself is hunger and the power that has over people. It could be one of the ways Grandier was manipulating people and causing unrest.

What's your opinion on Colonial American use of witch-jugs?

Have not heard that anything was unique about them, have you?

>Got any better translations of the Fraternitas Saturni materials?

No, but it is all pretty standard, at least the public facing rituals and what not.

Got access to JD Gunther's Top Secret Q-Clearance Holy Texts?

No. Access to the information in them? Probably.

What was the exact extent of Greek Sacred Psychiatry, and would they even have reckoned it as such?

They would not have. Ask a more specific question and I can elaborate.

Where in the blue fuck did some of these Neoplatonic entities come from?

Examples? This is a lot like the Greek Sacred Psychiatry question. I could lecture for hours.

>Do we actually have an appendant practices for Agrippa's use of the Behenian Fixed Stars?

If I understand the question, the answer is yes. If you can tell me roughly what is going on with them, what they are for, looking at the Fraternitas Saturni , which grade would this information begin to be valuable, etc, I'll explain.
>>
>>17421530
How else am I supposed to interpret secular therapeutic techniques?

>>17421540
Eat shit, faggot
>>
>>17421530
>That sounds terrible. The only two courses I took in my uni's phil. dept. were logic and then an entire course on Phenomenology of Perception
No, I loved studying Kuhn, Quine, Wittgenstein and the upper year special topics in philosophy of biology and philosophy of quantum physics. Especially because that women's studies prof. was a brilliant phenomenology teacher so i didn't feel i was missing anything, she actually built the course around Phenomenology of Perception as it happens.
>>
>>17421561
Yeah, magic won't cure autism, so it won't be of much use to you. Keep trying though, I'm sure they'll find a cure for you eventually.
>>
>>17421590
fuck you, autists are awesome. They punch way above their cultural weight
>>
File: 1455379544346.jpg (55KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
1455379544346.jpg
55KB, 720x543px
>>17421561
Psychological therapy is not limited to 'relaxation', the goal is to rewire entire patterns of thinking.

>>17421572
>Phenomenology of Perception
It's so fucking dense, it's one of the few times I felt out of my depth in a course that was mostly reading. That said, it's built the backbone of practice since going through it.
>Any sufficiently developed transcendental idealism rids the word of opacity and transcendence.

>>17421559
>the Church knows all those sigils
That's what worries me, there are probably gaps in the grimoire tradition.

>have you
Chumbley was working on them in historical contexts.

>Neoplatonism
Synoches sticks out, as even in things like Chaldean Oracles they're like the least explained entities.
>>
>>17421610
>That said, it's built the backbone of practice since going through it.
"I'm glad to hear you say that, im not much of a magickian (is that the phrase you use? so clunky) yet, but he along with Kuhn and Kierkegaard was one of the thinkers that really radically changed my epistemology in a way that allowed me to start taking magick seriously. It's good to see that experienced practitioners might be drawing intellectual inspiration from a similar place.
>>
>>17421610
> there are probably gaps in the grimoire tradition.
Ehh,maybe. Most people have no business with it to begin with. Only holds people back.

>Synoches

Tell me what you think, and I'll see what I can do. I know, but it is one of those things you need to find out on your own.
>>
>>17421676
>Only holds people back
>you need to find out on your own
Well, thanks for sharing all that non-wisdom with us. You really supplemented the discourse 'round these parts.

>>17421654
It's a good book, m8.
>>
>>17421688
I am being silent for your sake, not mine. If you gave me your own view, so I could comment and guide you by it, I would be pouring information on you like rain.
>>
>>17421811
Just found this thread and I'm new to everything. Can you tell me where to start? I want to learn.
>>
>>17421863
chapman three steps to heaven
http://shadowdb.net/file/view/17528/alan-chapman-three-steps-to-heaven

James varieties of religious experience
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/621

and Promethea by alan moore
>>
>>17421863
Is there anything that especially interests you?
>>
>>17421688
>>17421811
The essence of non-wisdom is actually what I am trying to get you to open the door for.

>>17421863
Sorry, I am in the deep end of thought at the moment, so I can not really give you a good answer. However, Plato, and academics talking about Plato are a good place to start. The two things to keep in mind is you really need to read a lot, and you need to question it.
>>
>>17421895
Thank you I appreciate your wisdom.

>>17421897
And magic(k?) specifically.
>>
>>17417321

Which book should I read first in the beginners folder? I've started to read Crowley's "Magic in theory and practice". But I'm having trouble grasping what i'm reading. There's just so much to retain that i find myself reading the same chapters over and over again and it's taking me a long time to get through it.
>>
>>17421921
if you need to use the beginner's folder, the library probably isn't for you
>>
>>17421911
>And magic(k?) specifically.

Magick is an archaic spelling revived by Aleister Crowley to distinguish his practices from stage magic. He's a controversial figure but is worth reading if for no other reason than that his influence is still inescapable.

for instance:
>>17421895
He's probably the biggest influence on Chapman and Moore even if both have their points of disagreement with him. James in turn was an influence on Crowley
>>
>>17421911
>dubs
There are a few links in the op. one of the folders in the mega is called beginners, give it a look through to see if there anything you'd like.

No lightening bolts or fireballs, it's most;y a mental game, like tripping balls without acid.

>>17421921
I've always been a bit partial to regardie, middle pillar is a pretty good book to start with, so are the three books of occult philosophy by aggripa
>>
>>17421921
read slow then, and look things up
>>
>>17421945
people had to complain for months before frater made one and used to say it was a library for intermediate or advanced students
>>
>>17421940

Much appreciated, thank you.
>>
>>17421938
I wish I knew who Chapman, Moore, and James were...I have heard of Aleister Crowley though!

>>17421940
So there's no such thing as an physical kinds of magic? Also, where do I access this mega folder/beginners?

Thank you both for your guidance.
>>
>>17421958
da nada

>>17421992
Alan chapman is an occultist of some renown, Alan Moore is an artist and ceremonial magician, V for vendetta and Watchmen are works fo his you probably know.

The mega folder is in the OP post of this thread,
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

When it comes to physical magic, well you can affect yourself but biofeedbacks aren't really magical. If you want to go chasing after magic like that the thing you'll find most is disappointment.
>>
>>17421921
Crowley is generally simple and easy to understand, when compared to Chumbley, Waite, Agrippa, or many others.
>>
>>17417321
Sometimes, when i go raw inside my gf, i cum so hard that i slip into some kind of trance. It's like my whole consciousness shifts into a single point, but everything else doesnt become drowsy, rather super focused, as opposed to when i normally meditate and i slip into a relaxing torpor(i practice TM). How can i get this with meditation alone?
>>
OK, let me ask something straight:
When evoking entities; how are you supposed to talk with them?
As I've read around here (Liber null, Konstantinos Summoning Spirits, Bluefluke's and random /x/users), they do not have physical body nor voice, are more of a "presence". Won't it be easier for the sake of communication to give them facilities such as automatic writing, using I ching as an oracle so they can speak through it, a pendulum or things like that? as I'm reading on those books, you just summon them and things happen, they give you what you want and they go happily to their homes on the (astral planes?)
>>
so like... what's the endgoal of occult studies?
>>
>>17423061
# Disclaimer: I have never evoked entities of any kind. #

I suppose it resemble telepathy. Also the evokation can be performed in tandem with a seer: the evoker performs the various conjurations and it is the seer who does the talking and bartering, using his "intuition".

Some people simply recite the summoning spells, expect the spirit to be around, state what they want and move on to the licence to depart.

You should watch this, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCW6_TIu_1s

Also using I-ching (or tarot for that matter) seems like a tedious way to communicate.
>>
>>17423061
Most people who evoke just pretend the spirit is there, but the results still happen (or so they claim). This is why some consider occult practices as nothing more than hypnosis.
>>
If you had to choice tree legit grimories which ones would you choose? Why?
>>
>>17421323
What´s that of the Gunther´s Secret Holy Texts? First time I heard of it.
>>
>>17423409
They're the 'transmitted' texts held in secret which the Gunther wing of the A.'.A.'. passes around internally to justify their claim of being the only true A.'.A.'. with Gunther as the Follower/Child. To my understanding, there's a 'solution' to the cipher in Liber L, but it's worse than the book "Mystery of the Letters", so I hear.

The following is a list of texts held in the OTO archives with Gunther listed as the author:

>Ceremonio de Rosae Crucis: Oct 21, 1974
Being a ceremony of Tiphereth to be performed daily by the Zelator Adeptus Minor.
4pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Codex CVIII: c. 1975
"Class A" document
10pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Codex LII: c. 1975(?)
"Class A" document
19pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Codex LXXVI: --/--/1975, Solution to Liber AL II:76 by Khemmu Neb, includes Codex LXVI, a comment on Liber Stellae Rubeae, and Codex XXXVI, a comment on the Star Sapphire, as appendices
66pp TSX
JJW HB

>Codex XXVI: c. 1975(?)
"Class B" document
4pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Notes [to Pylons]: c. 1975(?)
Commentary
22pp tsx.
JJW HB

>Sepher QShTh: c. 1975(?)
"Class A-E" document
3pp tsx.
JJW HB

I'd venture a guess that Codex 108 has to do with tantra, Hinduism, or Buddhism.

>>17423345
Agrippa's Three Books, Dragon Book of Essex, and I dunno if it counts but Chapter 28 of Tantraloka. I could do just about everything I need for a long time using those three.
>>
>>17423427
So that is related to Gunther´s claim about their contact with the Secret Chiefs or something like that?
>>
>>17423427
"Class A" documents???
>>
>>17423427
Where would one find the Tantraloka?
>>
None of you here would even dare lift the veil of Isis, you will never enter into holy matrimony with Kore, Persephone will torment you in the underworld.

Men without heads. The lot of you.
>>
File: 8431844445_e842cd2601_b.jpg (346KB, 935x935px) Image search: [Google]
8431844445_e842cd2601_b.jpg
346KB, 935x935px
>>17424072
>None of you here would even dare lift the veil of Isis, you will never enter into holy matrimony with Kore, Persephone will torment you in the underworld.
Good thing I'm seeking for Woman without Name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1GBrr7nB3U

>Men without heads. The lot of you.
That's actually sorta the point.
>In the original form, "The Bornless One" is called the "headless One" --- meaning "The One with no Beginning".
>>
>>17424119
Haha, so that is what you thelema folk call it? Even when looking down on you, I give you too much credit.

Your magic will betray you.

Without name? Silence, Silence, Silence. Death will be amongst you, guarding her name.
>>
File: 1454442551283.png (236KB, 880x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1454442551283.png
236KB, 880x1262px
>>17424219
>so that is what you thelema folk call it
?

>Even when looking down on you, I give you too much credit.
Neat, I'm being condescended to :3

>Silence, Silence, Silence
And the sweet songs therein.

>Death will be amongst you, guarding her name
"Death and no death, these are also imagined,
In the expanse of equality there is neither death nor no death,
The same with light and dark and gods and demons.
The expanse of equality is all there is,
And I have never seen a single thing that's real."
>>
>>17424242

You can not bear the vision. Your exhaustion will not end. The earth will not move. You will know death.You can not bring the headless one with you.

Your magic will betray you.
>>
>>17424265
Thanks for the input :3
>>
>>17424268
I'm referencing the 9th Aethyr. :3

If only you had understanding, I would walk you through a few more.
>>
File: 1428928891415.jpg (163KB, 640x613px) Image search: [Google]
1428928891415.jpg
163KB, 640x613px
>>17424284
Darn, and here I was thinking 5th, but maybe that's my own researches bleeding through.

Silly me.

>mfw I never claimed to have attained
>mfw I never even claimed to be clever or wise
>mfw haughty faggots still come in to speak at me in riddle about me being ...whatever.

I'm only here to facilitate access to rare/hard to find occult source material. If you wanna go all guru on us, be my guest, you'll hear little objection from me.
>>
>>17424284
>>17424265
>>17424219
>>17424072
Does part of the great work involve shitposting on 4chan oh enlightened master?
>>
another bump
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1350x2000px
Bumping for the great guru.
>>
>>17424476
>>17424311
I wasn't actually looking down on him/you, it was bait to continue a conversation from yesterday. I referenced the 9th Aethyr because it was the one mentioned, it was not the ceiling of the conversation. I do not know things by Aethyr.

Don't be mad at my magic skills brah.
>>
>>17424810
That's actually amusing.
>>
>>17424828
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>17424831
Yeah, some grab from a dank meme magic thread. I wonder if there's more tbqh.
>>
>>17424832
Not ironic or shitposting. Asking did not work, provoking did. The problem is the defensive faggotry on 4chan that shutdowns conversation.
>>
>>17424840
To further clarify, I am an eternal friend to the thelemites here, they provided me with the first place it was okay to talk about magic as magic and not veil it in subtext. However, their attainment issues are alien to me. I do not understand the pedagogical method of Thelema at all.
>>
>>17424867
If it makes you feel any better no one understands what your babbling about, at all.
>>
could anyone explain to me what occultism/magick are or what they're all about? I realize this is kind of a daunting question, but I'm new to this stuff and I don't really understand it.
>>
>>17425084
>magic - practices designed to gain control over the supernatural. Magic and religion are separated in several ways in anthropology. For some anthropologists magic tries to gain control over the supernatural. Others see magic as being individual, while religion is a group phenomena that creates lasting social bonds. Malinowski saw magic as a means to an end, while religion was the end in itself. Other anthropologists find separating magic and religion very difficult.
^From Oregon State Uni.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magick_(Thelema)
>>
>>17425060
>>
Magic is so boring.

>tfw "enlightened"
>tfw can enter "gnosis" immediately in meditation
>tfw no reason to cast petty spells, life is good as is
>>
File: 7jabDZe.gif (4MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
7jabDZe.gif
4MB, 600x337px
>>17425324
>>
Guys is it possible to go back in time?
>>
>>17425727
Sort of, with astral travel.
>>
>>17425409
>>17425409
This.
>>
>>17425409
>having low standards
>>
>>17426241
>implying you can do any of that
>>
>>17426326
>implying implications
>>
>>17426328
>trans-ironic funposting
>>
File: 1443985947299.jpg (9KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
1443985947299.jpg
9KB, 198x254px
What is the best magic to make my torrents download faster? I have shitty internet which I can speed up if I focus, channeling intent into it. I can also get it to go faster if I just meditate, empty my mind of all worries and on some subconscious level make it so I "know" it will go great. It works okay, but it means I have to spend time focusing on it, and if I try to do something else like read a book while worrying about it, low and behold it either goes shit or my internet stops entirely.

>inb4 use mystic powers to change service provider
>>
What I like about the occult shit is that it can explain 99% of the happenings on the paranormal experiences thread. If it were true, all the paranormal shit would be perfectly explained, both as thoughtforms, entities, or failed evocations
>>
>>17426694
>>17426694
raise your hands everyone who has diligently watched the download of a song in Napster because WATCHING IT MAKES IT GO FASTER!!!!!
>>
>>17426710
That is a pretty broad statement. It doesn't explain anything, it just brings up more arguments and shit we need to explain.

For example, where do we draw the line between a thoughtform and a ghost? Are they one and the same? Are all ghosts, demons, gods and so on just human constructions, or things that work on the same level? It just throws more possibilities into the mix, more things we aren't sure of or can't explain, more confusion.
>>
>>17426725
>>17426725

well, technically all reality is just a thought of the viewer, so the line can be drawn pretty straight there. Consensus reality has it's voids which permit ghosts and such.
>>
is it possible to be excommunicated from god and angels? I was praying last night for about 10 minutes, in the dark, before i suddenly had a rush of bad energy fill me out of nowhere.. i felt cold and really creeped out and i vaguely started to see this evil face on my closed eyelids, or in my mind somewhere.. would appreciate anything anyone can tell me, thanks.
>>
File: 1392597738811.jpg (178KB, 500x900px) Image search: [Google]
1392597738811.jpg
178KB, 500x900px
>>17427125
You have been taken by Satan, aka Amun Ra. It is possible you are the reincarnation of his wife, Amun Et, whose power he needs to take over the world.

Keep praying, don't be afraid if any spiders begin to appear and follow you.
>>
>>17427125
It's hard to piss off divinity, believe it or not. I'd be inclined to say it's ambient spirits being attracted to your aspiration.

Learn a banishing ritual.
>>
>>17427176
im pretty sure that first part is right.. my religious friend told me its not possible for a soul to be sold or for one to give up the ability to talk to god or receive help from angels but im pretty sure he's wrong.. he's basing this on the bible but i feel like there's a lot to the "other side" that he doesn't know. are you just breaking my balls or can you tell me something else?
>>
>>17427177
yeah well i wont even try to convince you of what i've done.. can you tell me more? i heard that i need 7 angels to vouch for me if i want to get into heaven, after what i agreed to when i was younger and all the "deals" someone arranged for me to make.. i hardly remember this stuff due to crypto-amnesia but.. i dont know what the fuck to do. im pretty sure i'll be dead within the next 3 years or less
>>
>>17427182
Is your last name Ives or Vanessa? If so, you may have a lot of potential as a powerful daywalker due to your heritage.

Either learn a warding ritual, or keep praying, if you need to, begin chanting some Latin prayers/mantras whenever you feel this dark presence. Whatever you do, do not turn away from god, and do not taint yourself with evil acts such a murder. For a warding ritual, I suggest drawing a scorpion in blood.
>>
>>17427194
>>17427185
>>17427182
>>17427176
^Given all of the above, my new recommendation is to take a break from Work for a while. Rest and recoup. Get your wits back about you.
>>
>>17427194
no that isnt my last name.. how does murder taint you? what else taints you? how badly do these things taint you? how can you cleanse yourself? I think my prayers are being heard by Satan first, or something like that.. something happened that i cant really remember, but it was explained to me, and it makes me either unable to talk to god or it makes it much more difficult for me to.. last night was the first time I got so deep into prayer, and then that happened. i swear i wasnt just creeping myself out, i felt really good and positive and then it just kind of became apathy and then out of nowhere i felt really uneasy and i started to see a face forming in my head, i cant even remember what it looked like now.
>>
>>17427208
my wits are about me
>>
John Green is the new man.

The new sort of man. You all know the kind. He's been completely castrated. He's been divorced from anything primal. Completely shorn of any crimethink.

He's like a little, supple, baby-oiled infant. A modern Cupid. A little faggy nothing of a thing who believes in nothing and flaps in the goddamn breeze, whichever way it happens to be flapping.

Tell me, would you ever respect a man who makes a fortune telling 13-year-old girls what they want to hear? Would you ever respect a man who writes fiction for girls whose breasts are still budding?

Look at him and weep. You see a piece of yourself in him, don't you? That piece that you're ashamed of. That cringing little coward in the corner of your soul.

For like him you've never cut down a pine. Never stood on a cliff's edge, bare-chested, roaring into the great wilds. Never killed with your hands.

The fire is gone from his eyes. The fire that the ancients had. The great men of eminence.

And now we have "logic" and "reason" and they're a small consolation to a beastly heart, which still beats, faint as it may be, still beats.

Can you hear it in your chest?
>>
>>17427213
ijs, if you can't control the forces you're working with, you shouldn't be working with them.

>>17427216
I have no fucking clue what you're on about, m8.
>>
>>17427221
somebody was doing it for me when i was younger.. tell me something..
>>
>>17425897
If so then how would it look like? I mean I will see younger version of me doing the same exact shit I did or I will become that younger version of me? Or maybe somethings else entirely?
>>
File: mckenna.jpg (124KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
mckenna.jpg
124KB, 960x886px
>>17427224
Start making sense and we can communicate.
>>
>>17427227
what doesnt make sense?
>>
File: wait.png (37KB, 357x243px) Image search: [Google]
wait.png
37KB, 357x243px
>>17427224
>tell me something..
?
Pic related is something.
>>
>>17427239
tell me something you think i can use. something that might help me.
>>
File: never.jpg (82KB, 552x790px) Image search: [Google]
never.jpg
82KB, 552x790px
>>17427242
I already did. See:
>>17427221
>>17427208
>>17427177
>>
>>17427239
I'm really sorry about bubbling into your conversation but I wanted to ask is it possible to go back in time? Like 15 years back?
>>
>>17427247
got anything else? i don't know much at all about magick or spirituality. i will do my best to utilize what you've already posted
>>
File: 1453492934653.jpg (360KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1453492934653.jpg
360KB, 752x1063px
>>17427248
Does the OP post subject say "time travel general"?

wtf is going on with the replies today?
>>
>>17427249
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=banishing+ritual
>>
>>17427264
anything else to share? I was already going to do that, that's why I said I would utilize what you posted.
>>
>>17427269
OK, since the first two options aren't palatable howabout this:

>Everything you're perceiving is very very real and you should be mortified in fear of your immortal soul.

Howabout a fourth:
>See a therapist or religious counselor, preferably in that order.
>>
>>17427216
No. Seven centuries before you were even born, when I was already old and frail, with a life long lived and a mind full of memes and hubris, I underwent a "process" that robbed me of my heart. But in turn, it granted me something incomprehensibly more dank.

Now the beastly, primal thirst to shitpost in my chest is from no such organ that crumbles to dust with the passing of epic memes, it is the immortal soul itself encased in a powerful phylactery of ironic keks. Fear me, mortal. For though my body is weak and hollow, the powers that animate it give me strength beyond your fragile shitposting!
>>
>>17427253
all the keks are happening. fringe must be down again, there is so much crazy going on these past few days.
>>
File: 584.png (189KB, 632x478px) Image search: [Google]
584.png
189KB, 632x478px
>>17427281
^At least this guy's trying to be funny.
>>
>>17427277
it wasnt that they werent palatable, i was actually just hoping to learn more about these subjects and i thought you might have extra input to add. sorry if you feel burdened, and i would still appreciate any extra information you would volunteer. i suppose we had a slight misunderstanding.
>>
File: abmn.jpg (87KB, 483x750px) Image search: [Google]
abmn.jpg
87KB, 483x750px
>>17427295
You sound like a roleplayer, m8. I assembled and put the library in the OP for people to educate themselves, so you may wanna get on that.
>>
>>17427301
alright. honestly i just figured i could get more filtered information if i posted my concerns and asked questions. i will check the OP thank you
>>
>>17427307
>got spooped while praying/mediation
If it only happened once it's indigestion

If it happens every time you pray/meditate than you should stop for a while >>17427221

If it happens even when your aren't mediating you should see a doctor, because you are losing your shit.
>>
>>17427324
i'll find out tonight..
>>
File: roberto-ferri-lilith.jpg (67KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
roberto-ferri-lilith.jpg
67KB, 650x488px
Power's gone out in my apartment, so the whole place is covered in candles.

Surprisingly mellowing, I get the feeling it'll be a good night for contemplative practice
>>
File: tumblr_nzgic91Qym1urqu2yo1_1280.jpg (181KB, 800x638px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzgic91Qym1urqu2yo1_1280.jpg
181KB, 800x638px
>>17427338
Hells yeah, word dat intermediate hallowing plus Shua.

I'm going to dose myself on psychs again tomorrow for the spell of the stellar wing. Keep an eye out, it's almost time to start SA. Not sure if I'll be starting the spells a day or two early or after Black Moon.
>>
File: 1450966394859.jpg (721KB, 1108x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1450966394859.jpg
721KB, 1108x1920px
>>17427347
Can't tell if it's that I'm getting used to reading Chumblese, or if Uncle Andrew just gave up being quite so obtuse about everything, but the SA explanation seems fairly clear (or at least, his basic overview of it).

It's strange that the bit AFTER the pyramidos-equivalent seems to be the real initiation of the DBoE, where shit starts to get more serious.

Yeah I'll be printing off the entirety of SA from the same place as last time. Judging by the amount of new-agey pamphlets on the notice board, they're used to people printing off big bricks of weird shit in there,

Must get on that meteorite though, time's running short. Had a look in the various new-agey shops in the city for meteorite or fulgurite but turned up short. What else could I use to represent it?

Funny you should mention psychs actually, read a very interesting FT interview with David Nutt, he makes a really interesting case for their usage having health benefits in moderation
>>
>>17427368
Not sure. I'd lean on anything composed of iron harder.
>>
>>17427388
>>17427368
Also, won't need it until BHA, so you've got time. Fulgurites are cheap on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391226140376?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
File: 1293853176399.jpg (190KB, 1010x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1293853176399.jpg
190KB, 1010x1036px
>>17427338
Fire!
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/fire-good-make-human-inspiration-happen-132494650/?no-ist

>>17427368
I'm still waiting for CGDSom to remember that it's supposed to be written n English

Also
>the whole rock is a giant meteorite, any heavy element found near the surface came from space
>>
File: 1292099132014.jpg (150KB, 465x619px) Image search: [Google]
1292099132014.jpg
150KB, 465x619px
This is every thread
https://vimeo.com/116832892
>>
>>17428367
Bump.
>>
File: zztrollelf.png (6KB, 225x210px) Image search: [Google]
zztrollelf.png
6KB, 225x210px
>>17428564
So whats the significance supposed to be on the whole before/after the fall thing? So far just seems to be another very convoluted way of saying don't be a crazy ass or won't be a good magician.
>>
>>17428578
That's certainly one decent interpretation. Another is that the concepts your handed may be flawed and in need of serious rectification to work, so you're 'restoring' the 'tree' to it's 'natural state'.

Then there's a fuckton of weird sexual innuendo going on in Genesis as well.
>>
>>17428578
>>17428588
>Then there's a fuckton of weird sexual innuendo going on in Genesis as well.

In the same way that only Adam can hear God, only the male aspect/half of God talks. The female is a silent prima materia. The Garden is their sacred space.
He is sparing his female partner from the pain of division and creation, gives her the knowledge of good and evil, and she gives him life.

He is sparing Adam from death, and he is sparing Eve from the knowledge of good and evil. Adam understands good and evil,his choice is moral, God says you can eat whatever you want, but don't eat that. Eve has no concept of death, or good and evil. The snake plays off this lack of knowledge, and her feminine desire for wisdom. She does nothing wrong, but then Adam chooses to eat.

The punishments don't come from God, the feminine is the one who is upset. Eve's punishment is a result of her gaining the knowledge, God can't protect her from the pain of division and creation. Adam's punishment is the feminine making things difficult for him,and rejecting humanity.

The male God seems to be a major bro,even when we done goofed, but the female does not really care for us
>>
>>17429062
>The male God seems to be a major bro,even when we done goofed, but the female does not really care for us
The Gnostics inverted this, see the Barbeloites and Sophia worshipers.

I think your first paragraph is spot on but after that I don't think you're getting obscure enough for the old traditional Kabbalists. Teli and Galgal reference both the primordial couple...and the night sky, and it ain't the feminine that's serpentine (or in some interpretations they're both serpentine).
>>
>>17429074
The male god is the spoken word and the female god is the written word.
>>
File: bodyz.gif (26KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
bodyz.gif
26KB, 200x207px
>>17429102
>The male god is the spoken word and the female god is the written word.
^That's more like it.

>my mandala when someone says Chumbley doesn't know what he's talking about or it's just edgy Wicca
>>
>>17417330
Hi again.

Every Tantra you just added to the Vajrayana section I sent you mid last year, except for the Dohakosa. Similarly with the Kalachakra you added recently. Sort by date added or file size to see this. I didn't tend to the filenames at the time so it's easy to overlook.

The Roll of Thunder is, however, new to me.

I'm proud to have out-nerded you in this respect. I may even get a trip so I can puff up this anonymous persona :^)
>>
>>17426326
I have been practicing meditation for over a decade, I can do much more than that.
>>
>>17429074
>The Gnostics inverted this

Tough thing to comment on. The Jewish text would obviously put their favored God in a good light.

>I think your first paragraph is spot on but after that I don't think you're getting obscure enough for the old traditional Kabbalists

I do not like the idea of a dead God, no matter how much more complete it would make my account. It opens things up to Gnosticism far to much.

There is a third divine entity from the get go, but it is not clear if that entity is God/YHWV and two gendered halves of that entity, or two entities. You have heaven(Zer Anpin,male), and earth (Malkuth/female), but then you have shekinah resting on the water. From here, it would take a darker turn, because the female is being physically and spiritually ripped apart and held together by God. This leaves the matter of God both in and out of the whole process and divided. Which raises all sorts of questions I would rather not ask.
>>
>>17429102
This is actually more simplistic. No matter what you have a God that is both male and female, but If there is a male and female god, then you have two male and two female forces, and since the female is being written on, the female doing the writing could be the female aspect of the male God.
>>
File: 140.gif (2MB, 315x302px) Image search: [Google]
140.gif
2MB, 315x302px
>>17429294
>I do not like the idea of a dead God, no matter how much more complete it would make my account.
The Throne is empty. Pic related.
>>
>>17429348
Evoi Evoi Evoi.

An empty throne does not bother me. A God that died does not bother me. A dead God, one that exists, but was never alive to begin with, bothers me.

I like the Greek account. Either the gods got bored and just walked away, or Hermes robbed them blind for us and Dionysus.
>>
This is probably the complete wrong place to ask this, but I am a writer, and want to write a story about a dude who encounters a succubus. I know, I know, pretty cliche right? Well, considering you guys are the resident experts (I assume) is there any DO NOT DO when it comes to writing about them? As in, shit that just pisses you off when you read someone completely uneducated in the subject write about it? Call it me going for realistic interpretations on the subject. Again, sorry to bring up such a meme, but its for art.
>>
>>17429506
You're going to end up calling one to you. You're making an offering to it.
>>
>>17429506
Nothing I can think of. But then again there isn't much I'd consider taboo, even less for works of fiction.
>>
>>17429517
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Pump the breaks anon. You trying to tell me if I write about them, it attracts them? Isn't that bad for your health?
>>
>>17429571
It is more about focusing on them, and creating art they are central to. You are calling to them and opening yourself up to them at the same time.

The good news is, you won't need us to tell you anything about them. The bad news is, it will be because one is writing through you.

Normally, it would not be a big deal, plenty of artists channel much bigger things, the practice is as old as the Greek poets, but they know what they are doing and how to cleanse themselves. Assuming you don't know what you are doing, which is why you came to us, you're liable to end up an exhausted erotic mess.
>>
>>17429604
Well that doesn't sound pleasant at all. Any way to quote-unquote "be prepared"?
>>
>>17424072
>Persephone will torment you
I dont get this. Thelemites claims there is no god nor afterlife (or whatever you want to call it) but they have texts like the one you are implying. There are others like the lamb, wolf and raven devouring souls, or the other were Nuit explains what will happen in death using words like rest that has nothing to do with non-existence (how can you feel rest or peace if you dont exist anymore?) but thelemites understand this as leaving all existence or at least this is what I have read.

I dont get it.
>>
>>17429673
> Thelemites claim
Never a safe thing to say especially when
>they have texts like the one you are implying.

A good place to start would be what non-existence actually means. Anything that can only be explained via negativa, or that lacks a positive relationship to reality is "non-existent". When you talk about non-existence it looks like nihilism.
>>
>>17429745
I do genuinely feel that Thelema's metaphysics on non-existience is closer to the Buddhist notion of nonarising than full blown nihilism.

The emptiness of a thing does not imply nonmeaning. Meaning's a function of atman/mindstream, itself nonarisen. There's meaning out there, but it's not inherent, a priori, or external to self; you gotta make meaning.

Hence various occultists rambling about aesthesis.
>>
>>17429231
I thought you had a different edition of Kalachakra? Also, yeah, I didn't go through you file with a fine toothed comb. That said, I didn't notice Cakrasamvara, Samputa, or Candamaraharosana, not that I looked too hard. If you just transliterated the names of the texts, that'd explain errything.

Speaking of Roll of Thunder, you got any leads on the Black Razor Tantra?
>>
>>17430249
>>17430249
Jeffrey Hopkins translation, the same as you added.

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=7560871ff1656ce60b4919501b4ec9ee

It's in here familia.

Trying a tripcode out.
>>
Just some questions to see if I'm getting things right. Please tell me if I'm wrong:

1. If you totally believe something, this something happens. Totally believing something means convincing your subconscious and higher self/selves

2. In order to do so, we use symbols/rtiuals/invocations; so we can "convince" the hidden parts of ourselves that what we are trying to achieve is gonna happen

3. The collective minds and beliefs of those around us also force reality to behave "unmagical", because they believe magic isn't real. That's why is easier to do magic when noone is looking, or when you slowly upset/suggest that the supernatural is gonna happen to the people around you .

I have a wild theory that Dynamo, Uri Geller and other famous magicians are actually real wizards, but for they powers to work, they need the people around them to believe they are fake, so this minimizes the resistance of the "consensus reality". As the magic performed is perceived as a "show"; the beliefs of the muggles don't mess up with the miracles behind them
>>
File: geccy.jpg (50KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
geccy.jpg
50KB, 900x507px
>>17430407
Also,
>K2
>>
>>17430430
Yep, its kinda like that.

This is why the Randi's million is such a retarded idea from the ground up.

Either that, or, more advanced magicians are able to create the belief of this in others, in the process... But yes, they are real. Its not even magic. I mean, its just the way this universe works.
>>
>>17430407
Wait, I thought that only had fragments of Black Razor? I'm still getting my sea legs with this corpus of material. I saw a lot of references and extracts but no exact translation. Is it in two editions and I'm missing the first?
>>
>>17429661
Well, its a lot to take in.
Basically, the point is that you never invite her inside you. You can ask for her advice, stories, whatever, but do it as an interviewer.

You could even imagine that you are in your own bubble, and she is outside your bubble. Don't let her cross your bubble. She can do that only if you invite and let her.

Well, first of all, lets point out, that the idea of everything but jeeezus as a demon, is bullshit christian brainwash. There are plenty of entities, both good and bad. Jezzzzus is just another one.

Some magicians would use succubuss to transmute sexual energy. So you can see that people might even establish certain relationships. But at the same time, if you would actually connect to one, it is a separate consciousness with its own freewill and so on. So you have to be smart about it.
>>
>>17417350
>
Secret School of Wisdom: Translated Illuminati Rituals

Holy shit, that would be awesome
>>
>>17430503
It's good stuff, m8, lots of Freemasonry and philosophy and Docetism.
>>
last night i made a thread asking about how to attune myself to magical energies (because despite my efforts, i'm not sensitive to any of them). someone directed me here and suggested yoga, saying it wasn't what i thought it was. i've noticed some yoga books in the mega folder - are there any specific ones i should start with?
>>
>>17430430
>>17430464
How does this then connect with gods and afterlife?
>>
>>17430587
Hathayoga, Raja yoga, Shiva Samhita.
>>
>>17430587
Hathayoga, Raja yoga, Shiva Samhita.
>>
>>17430587
I was the one who recommended you come ask

>>17430611
this is the reason I recommended you come and ask.
>>
>>17430430
>1. If you totally believe something, this something happens.

Insane asylums would be significantly more amusing if this were actually the case.

Unfortunately, magic isn't real.
>>
>>17430961
Countersage.
>>
>>17430970
Do you seriously just sit here all day and babysit your thread?
>>
>>17430974
I'm taking a break from refuting a statistical critique of some leadership theories.
>>
>>17430983
Lets see it.
>>
File: 1443921747445.png (242KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1443921747445.png
242KB, 720x1280px
>>17430998
If I wanted to keep working on it I'd be doing that rather than bumping the thread.

It essentially boils down to the use of corporate trademarked v. purely academic instruments of measure and lack of replications.
>>
>>17431008
That sounds entirely too vague to be a refutation, and lack of replication is hilariously not even close to being a refutation.

Are you one of those high school dropouts who fancies themselves some kind of "science journalist"?
>>
>>17431021
>>17431008
>>17430998
>>17430983
>>>/sci/
>>>/his/
>>17431021
wait until someone trolls you to get all flustered and mad, it takes the fun out of it when you start off with a sore anus
>>
>>17431038
Good contribution, friend.
>>
File: 1292151339321.jpg (35KB, 460x314px) Image search: [Google]
1292151339321.jpg
35KB, 460x314px
>>17431039
>>
>>17431039
>>17431038
>>17431021
>>17431008
>>17430998
>>17430983
>>17430974
>>17430970
>>17430961

This shit is fucking boring.

Whats going on with the chumbley stuff? Was that just flavor of the week and we're all doing hot yoga or whatever now?
>>
>>17431047
I'm looking at the Kaula contribution to Chumbley, hence all the tantras.

>>17431021
Nah, MPA student writing a cursory assignment to demonstrate I understand the trajectory of this week's material. I'm not doing Important Science over here.
>>
>>17431057
>>17431047
To be clear, the mandala posted here:
>>17429110
Is the format of the Cultus Sabbati's circle structure at Black Moon and Black Earth, and the rite of the oracle in general. I'd been wondering if there was deeper meaning in his choice of his quarter attributions but it seems he's just mirroring the tantrik material.
>>
I need to awakened myself into reality and truth any help?
>>
>>17431094
A few college level courses in philosophy, hard sciences, and anthropology should help.

Yoga, etc.

If the above isn't an option I've got some babby's first philosophy and some science in the A.'.A.'.>Philosophy folder and a beginner's folder for occultism in general.
>>
>>17430476
Mkay, to clarify, how does one manifest itself. I don't want to be writing and then look and bam. I really don't want to shit myself at the keyboard, you follow me?
>>
>>17431065
>>17431057
Im giving serious consideration to getting more involved in the CS stuff.
Is there a great deal of required reading before getting involved? I mean, I know more knowledge is always better, but is this going to be 90% unintelligible if I havent gone through degrees in other societies or able to recite Crowley by heart?
Is it "stand alone" enough to get started with without doing a ton of other work prior?
>>
>>17431320
>if I havent gone through degrees in other societies
You'll be fine because Chumbley simulates them in the first few months of Dragon Book. The preliminary practices + HU seem to relate to Pyramidos/ThROA. SA+follow up practices seem to simulate Cadaveris/Passing Through of Tuat.

>or am unable to recite Crowley
This might be a bigger issue. Chumbley makes subtle slips of the material into DB; use of the Mark of the Beast is unmentioned but present, as are AC's interpretation of the Grade Signs but they're also not explained an sorta hidden behind code. Example: Sign of the Trident in the HU Arcana is obviously meant to be the sign of Apophis, given the physical form, and the whole goddamn book's a devotional to Apophis in the formula of IAO.

>without a fuckton of prior work
Depends on what that work was and it's quality. I'm from Thelema for a number of years before DB was published. I'm doing fine. The GD guy barely has a handle on Crowley where I only know the GD in the incidentals Crowley kept in the system from them - he's doing fine too.
>>
>>17431094
Bhagavad Gita.
>>
>>17430476
what would happen if you let her cross? seriously, she's all in your mind. As long as you dont freak out, it could be like the wet dream of your life.

Disclaimer - I'm not much into this
>>
>>17431340
>O Kulesvari! A man who does not know the Kula, he, though moving, sitting, walking, or sleeping, spends his life like an animal....Even the scholars of all four Vedas, but who are ignorant of the Kula, are inferior to a candala. On the other hand, if a candala knows the Kula, his is superior to a Brahmin...Even without a knowledge of the Vedas and the Sastras, a Kulajna is all-knower; while a scholar of the Vedas, Sastras, and Agamas who is but ignorant of Kula knows nothing...The Kaulikas, who know the Essence, do not pay any heed to other religions; just as the large black bee is attracted more to the blossoms of the coral tree than other flowers.
~Kularnava Tantra, Ullasa 2
>>
>>17431339
well I was perhaps being a bit sarcastic, Im fairly familiar with Crowley and Thelema and the orders, at least enough to name drop them obviously and know their major contributions, just not specifics (I dont know what the hell the sign of the trident is). Ive just never been heavily into ceremonial and high magic, but DBoE and CS has gotten me terribly interested.
>>
>>17431356
The Vedas themselves are definitely not emphasized in our Gaudiya Vedanta. We also believe that a person in knowledge is superior to the Bramhin class, though he may be a sudra by birth. Similarly, we would say that scholars who do not know Krsna have studied in vain.
>>
>>17431359
These books I consider more or less foundational to approaching the system that Chumbley presents. At least they've influenced my perspectives to the point that I don't consider much of the Dragon Book to be comprehensible without them. This list is probably lighter than it should be:

>Western
Sefer Yetzirah, commented by Aryeh Kaplan (particularly chapter six)
Book of Enoch
Thunder: The Perfect Mind
Essentially all of Rudolph's Gnostic material with special attention to the Mandeans.
Chaldean Oracles of Zoroaster
The Black Brick (Complete Golden Dawn)
Liber 65
Liber 7
Liber Stellae Rubeae
The Vision and the Voice
AHA (Crowley)
Complete Austin Osman Spare (including artwork)
The first Typhonian trilogy (MAYBE the second)
Sacrificial Universe (David Chaim Smith)
Kabbalistic Mirror of Genesis
Complete Magician's Tables
Strong's Concordance, Godwin's Qabbalah, Numberman.net, Bill H.'s tables, etc.

>Eastern (Near/Far)
Gathas/Yasna (or the Avesta, these are Zoroastrian scriptures. The material of most note is related to Zahak and/or various dragons)
A King's Book of Kings (see above)
“ Yezidism: Its Background, Observances, and Texts”, I think some of the Yezid influence comes via the hymns in this book.
Anything that will give you a basic foundational understanding of Arabic astronomy/astrology/astrotheology, etc.
Kali Kaula by Jan Fries
Kaulajnananirnaya
Kiss of the Yogini
Triadic Heart of Shiva
Anandalahare
Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology (Lokanath)

>Afro-Carib material:
African Divination Systems: Ways of Knowing
Way of the Orisa
Kindoki
Palo Mayombe: The Garden of Blood and Bones
Pomba Gria and the Quimbanda
Exu
At the Crossroads

>con't
>>
>>17431369
>Sabbatic Background:
Everything released by Xoanon and most of Three Hands plus various journal articles and excerpts. PARTICULARLY of Chumbley – Azoetia, Qutub, A Gathering of Masks, Sabbatic Kabala, and Psalter of Cain... not to discount the other material, but these seem to take primacy. Other texts will be referenced through these notes, as needed.
All works of Carlo Ginzberg
All works of Emma Wilby

>>17431366
>Veda is superior; Viashnava is superior to Veda; Shaiva is superior to Viashnava; Dakshina is superior to Shaiva; Vama is superior to Dakshina; Siddhanta is superior to Vama; Kaula is superior to Siddhanta; and there is NOTHING superior to Kaula.
~Kularnava Tantra, Ullasa 2
>>
File: MlnHey0.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
MlnHey0.gif
2MB, 550x309px
>>17431369
>taking a cumbox that seriously
>>
>>17431374
It comes down to my scripture versus your scripture. We should accept that we are both sincere seekers of the truth, in the same way a mountain may look different from separate angles.
>>
>>17431376
>spoogebox is agape
>spoogebox is zoi
>>
File: 9091502878_436289e0e0_b.jpg (293KB, 714x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9091502878_436289e0e0_b.jpg
293KB, 714x1024px
>>17431094
>truth >>17427850

>>17431384
>zoi
She can be my spoogebox any day
>>
>>17431102
>A few college level courses in philosophy, hard sciences, and anthropology should help.
Indeed, such courses will help you realize how "magic" could, physically, never even possibly be real, and change your life in a more useful direction.
>>
>>17431374
>>17431369
>40+ tomes including the brick, and authors entire collections.
>lighter than it should be

Yeah, nah, that's not happening for me I dont think. I have things to do besides read every occult book written in the last 250 years...
>>
>>17431369
So have you made it through the brick?
>>
>>17431380
There's no Liberation without the Taste of Essential Self-Similarity.

Deal with it, Vaishnava.

>>17431376
>>17431384
Actually the book list needs to be a touch bigger, because Kalachakra Tantra, Hevajra Tantra, Skull Magic, and probably Tantraloka & Kaulavali Tantra need added to the Eastern list. Also those Japanese tantrik materials if I can actually find the fucking things in English.

>>17431397
Until you stumble across the bewildering number of classically educated PhD anthropologists who usually have a stiff background in bio and geo if not full blown chem who come back from the field as believers.

>>17431398
That's like five or six months of serious reading, max. Plenty of time to prep for KA in October. A.'.A.'. student exam is 22 texts in three months.
>>
This is fucking epic.
I can't wait until all you 'x'tards get blown out by /pol/ memes, despite decades of "spiritual practices.

What a shitshow!

You fucks are pathetic!

Reddit is more relevant than your "energetic collective unconscious" theories.
>>
>>17431408
Oh shit, better watch out guys! I'm going to bump his thread, because this master magician is performing a great work!

Take cover!
>>
>>17431411
The emperor has no clothes bub. He's going to lose the general.
>>
>>17431405
Yeah, before I even started tripcoding here. I "officially" completed the Black Brick in terms of study as a serious Thelemic aspirant in say 2010/11.

>>17431411
What?
>>
>>17431408
>five or six months of serious reading, max
thats nearly 100 books if not a little more, theres no way Im reading and ingesting all of that in five or six months. I could hammer at it and "read" it in that time, but actually absorbing it? no way.
>>
File: 1447520913846.png (22KB, 627x597px) Image search: [Google]
1447520913846.png
22KB, 627x597px
>>17431426
If you stopped whining and started off with the Crowley materials, which are a simple google search away, you'd knock out four or maybe five before you went to bed.
>>
>>17431421
It is one of the worst formatted books I've ever come across. It jumps from advanced topic to advanced topic with little to no discussion or explanation of the underlying concepts, or even a dictionary of the terminology used. The layout isn't intuitive or logical, and way to much of it seems to be essays drawn at random from other sources.

The Egyptian stuff is a blast though
>>
>>17431435
>way to much of it seems to be essays drawn at random from other sources.
He's really just piling knowledge lectures on you. In the GD they'd (hopefully) sit you down with a qualified instructor to explain the rituals and go over the grade papers with you. Between the loss of that process and the lack of actual officer movements in the rituals, the Black Brick's really only good for theory.
>>
>>17431408
>Taste of Essential Self-Similarity

More word jugglery that means nothing. Maybe someday you will understand real spirituality.
>>
>>17431442
Take any gripe with that particular translation of samarasa with the folks who put together The Concealed Essence of the Hevajra Tantra.
>>
>>17431432
well fair enough im not worried about the AC stuff Im worried about the black brick and the other massive tomes that deserve years of study on their own.
>>
>>17431457
Actual mastery of the material would be way more than what I'm looking for when I put that list together.

To grok Crowley you gotta get in his head. To grok Chumbley you gotta get in his head. That's what was in Chumbley's head. Crowley was at least nice enough to leave you 3/4ths of his bibliography in M:TP. Attaining true master of all the above would probably make you functionally qualified to write dissertations on comparative religion. I just want people to not miss the qt little ways Chumbley weaves all that shit in his system.
>>
>>17431457
>deserve years of study
depends what you want out of it, you can blow through regardie's entire published works in a couple months (black book aside) and have enough of an understanding of the topics and practices where everything else will slide right into place after.

But I've always been of the opinion that the practice can have meaning without the theory, but the theory is dead myth without the practice. If you want to try the dragon book go for it, if you have a good time with it you'll be curious enough to make the other reading easy to get through later.
>>
>>17431497
>>17431457
I mean, I could just send you MY notes from DBoE that I've been passing to the guy from the GD.
>>
>tfw super lazy occultist

I have only a few texts I've really tried to grok:
Liber Null & Psychonaut by Carroll (started my occult journey)
Liber ABA by Crowley (second book I read on my occult journey)
The Focus of Life by Spare (third author I read on my occult journey)

That said, I have a passing knowledge of philosophy and religion (east / west) from school so that tends to help.

For what it's worth, I don't think you need all that background to really understand Chumbley. I find him understandable albeit somewhat flowery and archaic. Not knowing the source of all his ideas also adds more "mystery" to the whole affair, IMO.

Idk. Maybe I should read more.
>>
>>17431471
>way more than what I'm looking for when I put that list together.
I misinterpreted your meaning then. Ive read most of the brick, and a good deal of AC, but Im not initiated or dedicated in any way. If familiarity and understanding of references is more what you meant Im in better shape than I thought.

>>17431497
>if you have a good time with it you'll be curious enough to make the other reading easy to get through later.
This was kind of what I was thinking but I was hesitant to dive in.

>>17431506
Id be interested in those notes, suggestions for delivery method?
>>
>>17431572
If you're going to be around to reply and read it quickly I'll toss it in a temp pastebin. It's 23 pages minus the various letters back and forth to GD dude which has more notes.

Reply to his post and stick around if you want it, I'll probably only put it up for ten minutes.
>>
>>17431586
I wanna see
>>
>>17431617
Ten minutes, get it while it's good:
http://pastebin.com/ygzWz6Be
>>
>>17431586
Im here and eager, thank you very much! Your notes will probably tell me how far behind I am (if I am)
>>
>>17431621
see
>>17431619
It's only through the preliminaries of the BHA rite. So I've only got notes on half the ritual year. I'm going to finish up the next few major rituals over spring break.
>>
>>17431628
>>17431621
got it and reading already, youre a boss
>>
>>17431632
>>17431628
reading through your notes, my position is that I basically grock most of this. Your notes are helpful for the details Im missing or to fill in the interesting side notes regarding intent and crossover with other systems.

I think I want to like this more than I actually like this. Which is not to say that it is bad, it looks like great stuff for what it is, I just can never get into the more complicated ritual work no matter the aesthetic or feeling of it.

mon visage quand I will never be a great magi because while I understand the theory, the practice is too baroque for me to manage.

Still you have been immensely helpful and I appreciate the effort youve put forward to help.

Im going to go do a candle spell to stop being such an easily distracted pleb.
>>
>>17431721
Can't speak for the DB, but in most of the brick and GD material, the physical implements can be skipped in favor of doing the whole thing in the astral.
>>
>>17431798
I've done a little bit of the astral work actually, it was interesting, but the implements are honestly WAY more interesting to me.

Ive posted before and am always nipping around the edges of the thread, but Im mostly interested in low magic, curios and physical magic is a big thing for me.

As I understand, the ceremonial and high magic stuff is about getting in the magical mindset, shattering your doubt and putting you in the realm where stuff happens. I respect that, and I see the power in that, but for me, while it might work, Ive never really felt it necessary more than just terribly interesting.

I think Im planted pretty firmly in rootworky stuff, while I have no doubts about the sincerity and reality of more complicated ritual stuff, but at some point, I actually feel like I lose something in it due to lack of focus or a detachment, stuff happens but it feels like much pomp and circumstance for very little (for me).

Whereas with low magic, the intimacy and spontaneity of the things is what makes the magic happen, Ive always gotten better and more profound feeling and effects from simpler stuff.

I don't know if it's that Im lazy, if I just inherently feel like Im in a magical place and ritual feels like its bogging that down, or what exactly. I love the trappings and tools and curio elements of ritual magic, the rest, not as much.

I dont know if that makes any sense or if Im in the wrong place hanging out here, just how it is for me I guess.
>>
>>17431561
If magic were real, you wouldn't be a super lazy occultist.

Think about that for at least 60 seconds.
>>
>>17431901
If magic weren't real, programmers wouldn't be lazy as shit either.
>>
>>17431901
the reality or efficacy of magic has nothing to do with that individuals traits, that's a blatant false dichotomy, think about that for at least 60 seconds. Or don't, and just continue to ineffectually troll. Whatever makes you happiest.
>>
Are dullahans a type of demon? Newfriend here. Just wanting info to expand my knowledge.
>>
>>17432080
I think it depends heavily on your definition of "demon".
Christian "demon"? Yeah, certainly. But then everything not wearing a crown of thorns is a christian "demon".
Greek Daemon? Probably not, while death is a natural force, theyre not really guiding or anything.

Really a dullahan is a charnel spirit like bean-sidhe or the grim reaper or whatever. They represent the inevitable death of the material body.
>>
>>17431901
Magic has helped me in numerous ways. Before I was a kissless virgin NEET now I am magician with sexual experience and life experience and job experience. Just still super lazy.
>>
>>17432106
Do elaborate on the different types. I find this interesting.
>>
>>17432132
different types of what? Charnel spirits? Demons? Daemons?

Long story short: Christian "demons" is a corruption of the greek "daemons" which is closer in meaning to "spirit" than the definition used in abrahamic faiths. Their identity was essentially slandered from their original meaning.

As for charnel spirits, they are manifestations or representations of the inevitability and usually, human fear of death. They are messengers and embodiment of a power and concept that are uncomfortable for most to ponder.

Im not sure what specifically you want to hear about.
>>
I am considering an act of dharma.
>>
Earlier in the thread someone said sigils are gay as fuck and a better method should be used.

What would a better method be?
>>
>>17432149
Please excuse me and my lack of clear communication. What I am specifically wondering, is how are (christian) demons different from what you hear people say at a local church?

I feel like I didn't word that right. I guess what I'm asking is how would you describe demons as opposed to what a pastor would describe them?

I'm talking in circles I feel like, and I'm sorry.
>>
>>17432164
Which would be?
>>
>>17432176
Posting a mantra out of context for the benefit of anyone who ever searches for it someway, somehow...

>But, with regard to Ūrdhvāmnāya, there are restrictions, as this is a direct path to become Śiva Himself. Even thinking about Ūrdhvāmnāya happens only if it is his last birth. This means, practicing Ūrdhvāmnāya is possible only if one’s karmic account is on the verge of extermination; this is a situation where only traces of his or her karmic imprints remain.
>>
>>17432174
nono much clearer now, I understand.

THe long and short of it is that the daemons or spirits that were present in human theology and religious and spiritual practice before the advent of abrahamic religion, were afterwords vilified and cast in a light that was incorrect to their original character.

What I'm saying simply, is that demons, aren't actually altogether evil (or evil at all depending). They are powerful nature spirits, spirit guides and primal forces. They are certainly not what the average pastor would make them out to be as eternally malevolent entities who for some reason have an eternal hardon to corrupt men away from god.

The christian and abrahamic dogma regarding anything outside of their narrow belief system as "ultimate evil" is frankly, a gross distortion and a lie once you have read into the original character of these 'beings'.
>>
>>17432201
I watched a documentary about the American version of the Dalai Lama, forget the guys name but the doc was called Groundhogs Day, anyway that guy had no control, he reincarnated until he finally became a perfect being.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>17432305
zorak ladies and gentlemen!
>>
>>17431350
I am also interested in the answer to this.
>>
>>17432201
>Ūrdhvāmnāya
This is why I wish you would talk more.

Do you think this is a good or a bad thing? The problem with almost everything eastern is it got involved directly with the the ruling powers. It is the same tradition, but their's sounds better because it teaches the basics the west has forgotten. Eastern texts intentionally lead you to a dead end, because everything beyond the basic and general is oral. There is basically a base set of questions someone would ask that allows the next level to recognize their own.
>>
>>
How would demons manifest themselves? Is it all in your head? What exactly happens?
>>
>>17431350
>>17431252
Its a complicated topic. You have to understand a few things. First of all, we can be talking about a succubus that is in your head- that would be an archetype, an idea. So yes, that, is in your head. However, if you would contact an actual entity, you have to understand the implications. Your body and brain is like an antenna. This antenna, at the moment, is catching only your frequency. Based on this frequency, your reality is formed. If you would invite another entity, for it to manifest, she would have to be a part of your frequency. Meaning, that in essence, two consciousnesses would operate in one vessel. Do you see where recklessness can cause problems here?

But don't worry about it, unless you are 100% dedicated to summoning, nothing will happen. And if your mind does start getting crazy, stop everything and start banishing and doing every type of cleansing process that you can imagine.

However, you can also simply work with archetypal ideas in your head. You do have every archetype and other characters there. So you can simply get inspired by those ideas.

Again, its dangerous only if you consciously trying to call forth another entity inside you.

So millions of writers wrote about crazy demons and shit, and nothing happened. Only someone who creates a statue, an altar and starts praying to it every day has a chance of shit hitting the fan.
>>
>>17432171
For what? Burning sage is a more potent purifier and banishing rituals or prayers tend to be more effective when it comes to what they are used for. Any other ritual is better for inner work.
>>
>>17432171
Well the person who said it is a faggot.

It all depends what your goal is, sigils are good for things like affirmations, things you need to remember, things to need to focus on.

For banishing, sage is good, you can also do a ping of energy, imagining that a white ball of energy is coming out of you, clearing the area.
>>
Is it against Jesus or God to deal with demons? I'm not planning on calling any up but if there's already one or more in contact with me, am I doing something against God to communicate or deal with it?
>>
>>17433468

The whole idea of Christianity against demons..is simply the fact they named every god that came before christian gods, demons.

Jesus is an egregore.

God (if we are talking about the absolute, not the christian, or the muslim ,or whatever egregore) does not have any judgement like that. Simply, if you interact with negative entities, and they bring you down, you are simply getting in to a lower vibration. So a different pole then the positive. All just the same creation.
>>
>>17433500
Thank you for the insight. I'm so confused about spirituality honestly. There's so many sources of information that challenge one another.
>>
Can someone provide a decent explanation as to how Buddhism can be compatible with other religions/beliefs?

I'm a Hermeticist and as much as I'd like to get into Buddhist beliefs, I can't get past the problem of anatta (no-self). Hermeticism relies on improving the self and recognising its place as part of the All, but Buddhism seems to want to get rid of the self. Hermeticism seems to be compatible with almost every other religion, but I don't get how it can work with Buddhism.
>>
>>17433518
Well, my advice is to remove the word 'spirituality' from it, remove that weight and look at it as any argument about a certain topic.

If someone told you: "my information is infallible, correct, unarguable, it will never change, and my proof is that I say so" and someone else said "information changes, we learn more, we change old ideas, we grow, our understanding must grow with us" who would you believe on the subject?
>>
>>17430468
It seems it does have the translation.

Roll of Thunder of the Void is volume 2. Bolt of Lightning from the Blue is volume 1 and contains the Black Razor.

>>17433529
How could Buddhists want to get rid of something they don't believe exists? What they don't believe in, btw, is a separate, permanent, continuous agent. I.e., a locus of control, seeing, etc.

>>17432201
Do you ever feel the urge to learn Sanskrit, Tibetan, etc deeply so you can check the translations for yourself, etc
>>
>>17433712
Sorry, that was badly worded. I just want to understand how Buddhism can be compatible with Hermeticism.
>>
Anyone knows why they have just deleted this thread?

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17433216/#17433536

It was active until half an hour ago. If that thread's OP is around here, i want to ask you: Do you talk with your friends and relatives about your practices? Are they scared of it? Do you try to "evangelize" them? If i achieved a greater state of being, Id like my close ones to do it as well.
>>
>>17433720
Tantric Buddhism is a good start
>>
>>17433712
>Do you ever feel the urge to learn Sanskrit, Tibetan, etc deeply so you can check the translations for yourself, etc
Yup. Then I realize most of my texts are in Devanagari anyhow, and 9/10ths of what I'm interested in relies on oral transmission for exact details.

At least one person out there is sure to have whipped up a script for Para Puja, I've seen it with my own eyes on a site for Mark D.'s students, but alas, it's not been posted.
>>
>>17433920
Why does it being in Devanagari matter?

and,
>9/10ths of what I'm interested in relies on oral transmission for exact details
How can you be sure
>>
>>17433967
Well, it matters because some of the texts are in the old Sanskrit syllable clusterfuck making exact pronunciation a bit more of a pain in my ass - Devanagari seems almost more pertinent to learn thoroughly as it's slightly less a pain in my butthole and most of the texts I have do that thing where they give the original, Devangari, then English.

>How can you be sure
I can't but it's what my instructors tell me. Then, as I've learned in the last couple weeks, there's at least a couple people around posting mantras they shouldn't be with instructions and implications of use they shouldn't either.

The language of the tantras has been on my 'to do list' forever. Reading the texts I have in the format they're in has certainly helped me follow along, and I can recognize some words, etc., I just need to lvl up on my skills with the language.

It would probably help if I had actual immersion into the language in an easily accessible manner. Maybe someone around the Uni can help.
>>
>>17433755
Yes, this is the response I've had in the past when I've asked people this question. But Vajrayana still believes in no-self, doesn't it? Although I suppose the Lamas do reincarnate as individuals. I am very confused.
>>
>>17434175
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindstream
>>
>>17434175
Sorry if it seems I'm picking at your word choice but I'd rather say Vajrayana adepts don't believe in Self, as defined in my last reply.
>>
>>17434235
Forgot trip :3
>>
>>17434190
That actually helped a lot. Thank you.
>>
File: vf1BxrM.jpg (288KB, 1536x1023px) Image search: [Google]
vf1BxrM.jpg
288KB, 1536x1023px
And she's done.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.