[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The X-Files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 111

File: 1406704421706.jpg (59KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1406704421706.jpg
59KB, 1024x768px
New thread, since the old one is dying. >>17312374

Talk about the new miniseries or the original. Discuss episodes, favorite monsters, theories, or just rage at Chris Carter in general.
>>
>>17395497
Both lizardman and /pol/ episodes where pretty gud, reast was shit.
>>
>>17395720
Gonna disagree with you there except on the Lizardman, but feel free to go in-depth instead of a typical "it was shit" response. WHY was it shit?
>>
The struggle and struggle II were the only good episodes. Both touching on some very objective observations that can be made today of things I'm sure to come.
>>
>>17395742
First and last episode do the usual thing of this show. Ignore (or explain away) anything that happened prior into irrelevance and then go nowhere with the new stuff.
The trashman was just boring - spoopy monster going around killing people, how exciting - and I don't even remember the other one.
>>
>>17395786
Yeah, the trashmonster was boring, but did you pay attention to the actual plot happening in that episode? It wasn't flawless, but it was one of the more genuine plots they had outside of the Mytharc episodes.
>>
trying to cram way to much shit into a couple episodes, they should of made all the episodes about the originally story line, instead of trying to cram the monster episodes in. Just like the second movie this stuff is fucking garbage. Atleast we get to see Gillian Anderson still hot as fuck.
>>
>hey guys, remember this huge mythology arc that made ridiculous changes throughout the entire series?
>it's all irrelevant now
>here's what's actually been going on the entire time

>cure found within one episode
Fantastic
>>
>>17395877
I feel that, anon. I'm still hoping they're bullshitting us because tossing out the entire established Mytharc for good would be a massively stupid idea. But Chris Cocktease Carter left things unresolved, so everything's still up in the air at this point.
>>
>>17395877
Not only that, but most of the doctors are dying and wouldn't be able to administer the cure. Even if they were able, they would need millions of IVs and shit to cure the rest of the country. No hospital has that much in storage. They would need to have the personell and equipment to mass produce the cure and somehow get it to everyone through blocked streets and eventually even fly it out to regions where the virus may already be too heavy. It was moving way too fast.

Also the people were looting and all scully had to do was ask nicely and they stopped? That was a stupid scene.

She was driving to mulder and the cars were just nicely getting out of her way so she could drive through? Are they all canadian? Another stupid scene.

Poor execution after poor execution is what made this season objectively bad.
>>
>>17395948
I agree with most of that, but

>She was driving to mulder and the cars were just nicely getting out of her way so she could drive through?

No, I don't recall many cars getting out of her way, but I do remember thinking it would have been more believable if she had a smaller, more maneuverable car to weave through the traffic.
>>
>>17395720
Lizard man episode felt great, like coming back and watching one of those wacky episodes
>>
The Season 10 was cancelled or we gonna see episode 07 in the next months?
>>
I thought the ending of thi season was pretty good. I felt kind of gypped at first but it was kind of awesome too
>>
>>17397500
It was planned to have six episodes, though I heard a seventh unrelated to the Mytharc didn't get finished.

Chris Carter is just trolling massively at this point in hopes of another season or movie.
>>
>>17395497
>Scully is racing to save everyone
>Ayy lmao ship hovers right over her, Miller and Mulder.
>She starts get beamed up and Mulder latches on.
>Season 11 focuses on Miller/Einstein while Mulder/Scully are whisked away.

I am calling it now.
>>
>>17398582
This
>>
File: 1453695855418.png (153KB, 507x334px) Image search: [Google]
1453695855418.png
153KB, 507x334px
So it seems like almost every recurring female character that works with Mulder and Scully eventually ends up working for CSM, or was working for him all along. Diana Fowley, Marita Covarrubius (though she was more of a double agent), and now Monica Reyes. How long will it be before Agent Einstein lights his fire too?
>>
I can't stand Miller/Einstein and if they take over the show (as I suspect they will) I will not be watching. Their acting is CSI tier.
>>
>>17399912
I strongly doubt this will happen, though I'm surprised they showed up for another episode. They were clearly meant to be gag characters/parallels of Mulder and Scully. To have them actually be recurring characters, let alone stars on the show, would be a million times worse than Doggett and Reyes. (Who actually weren't that bad, just rather bland and uninteresting compared to Mulder and Scully.)
>>
So help me out, /X/ Files fans, I've only watched two episodes, the first and two of the new series, and it was absolute shit.
Pure exposition, terrible acting, bad story overall.
Is every episode this bad, or were they an exception?
>>
>>17400572
You need to start with the original series, not the new one. Opinions vary greatly on the new series.
>>
>>17397389
Lizardman wasn't as good as some of the better humorous episodes, but it was still pretty good. One of the highlights of this new season, anyway.
>>
i'm avoiding all the posts ITT currently, but does someone wanna tell me how good new season is minus spoilers?
>>
>>17402976
It's k.
If you liked the comedy eps you'll like it less than those, because it's not as good as Jose Chung's or cacorophages.
>>
>>17402976
You shouldn't be here if you want to avoid spoilers. The whole thing is a mixed bag, really. The biggest problem I'd say is the pacing. Too many infodumps or scenes that felt rushed. The X-Files used to know how to build suspense and it's like they've forgotten how to do that now.
>>
>>17402982
>>17402997
thanks anons. i'll be leaving now
>>
File: 1454386124701.png (462KB, 706x532px) Image search: [Google]
1454386124701.png
462KB, 706x532px
>>17403000
bye. :)
>>
Lizard Man episode was the most cringeworthy shit of my life

To think it's actually being compared to classics like Jose Chung
>>
>>17403013
It's more like "The Post-Modern Prometheus" or something. But it's far from shit.
>>
>>17403047
It wasn't as good as postmodern prometheus either, though it's clear that's what they were going for, considering queequeg
>>
>>17403049
C'mon, Daggoo was cute. And he didn't even cannibalize any old ladies.
>>
>>17403274
Well, I guess "cannibalize" isn't the correct term, but you get what I mean.
>>
>>
Weekend bump
>>
It's pretty likely that William will return if the series goes on. In fact, I'm surprised he didn't in the finale, but what are your thoughts about this? Do you think it will be a good thing or will it be "Alien Baby Jesus 2.0: The Preteen Years"?
>>
>>17406519
After the finale I'm 90% convinced that the entire six episode run was just a ploy by Chris Carter to revitalize the franchise. It seemed like he even included insurance in the form of Miller/Einstein, in case they tested well and he could continue the series with either them.

Personally, I think they could go a few directions with the cliff hanger they left off with. If we're supposed to buy into the whole "ayys are real but they bailed quick its all people lol", I just see them using William as a fountain of life type hybrid messiah using his blood or some unknown ayy technology to save everyone.
>>
>>17406591
Save everyone by making them aliums. This is the Cancer Man's long term plan. Why else would he leave Scully to her own devices right at the end.
>>
>>17406591
>After the finale I'm 90% convinced that the entire six episode run was just a ploy by Chris Carter to revitalize the franchise.

Starting to look that way.

>It seemed like he even included insurance in the form of Miller/Einstein, in case they tested well and he could continue the series with either them.

People keep saying that, but see >>17400454

They would be shooting themselves in the foot by trying to make these two main characters, especially after Carter's last attempt, with characters who were at least semi-original, failed disastrously.
>>
>>17407126
I agree, but Carter really doesn't seem to be the most consistent or reliable motherfucker at this point. Robbie Amell has been popping up in all sorts of shit, and that redhead was on Six Feet Under and some other stuff that she did well with.

I still feel like their recurrence was very forced. Even if they realize Miller and Einstein are garbage, Chris Carter could still do his normal self sabotaging thing and try to force them down people's throats.

It's been stated numerous times that Anderson and Duchovny's schedules will likely prevent them from returning to a full season schedule. My worst fear is that they'll do more episodes with a division between Mulder/Scully and Miller/Einstein episodes.
>>
>>17407156
Let's hope they end it with another movie. Probably the best thing to do in this case.
>>
>>17407366
It makes the most sense. But without the ayys they'll probably fuck it up like the second movie.
>>
File: scully_c.jpg (100KB, 697x575px) Image search: [Google]
scully_c.jpg
100KB, 697x575px
>>
>>17407524
Which is why they need to make it a Mytharc movie with aliens.
>>
>>17408771
I would be totally game for that. My biggest issue with season 10 was immediately taking long term alien involvement off the table. It is still the X-Files so Carter could easily just lol and bring them back in, but why the fuck would he push so hard on the conspirathon front while still throwing in shit like trashman and lizardbro?

I liked a lot, hated a lot, but overall it was about what I expected it to be. Hopefully if it comes down to a movie he'll get over the weird back and forth of "is it real? is it fake? maybe both?"
>>
>>17408808
Carter has always been something of a troll, now he's just ramping it up.

>I liked a lot, hated a lot, but overall it was about what I expected it to be.

Pretty much sums it up for me, although I thought I'd hate it more, so it's not quite the clusterfuck I imagined, but it still had a lot of issues. Hopefully if they continue in some way they'll work on improving.
>>
I want a Lizardman to be BFFs with
>>
>yfw Scully is a living alien panacea
>>
Been finding some neat fanart.
>>
File: alien.jpg (29KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
29KB, 600x398px
>>17395497
More aliens for sake of a god of aliens!
>>
>>17398582
I would be okay with this
>>
File: 1455600402694.png (102KB, 502x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455600402694.png
102KB, 502x640px
>>
>>17411534
Blasphemy.
>>
>>17395497
Just started season 1 last night. It's even better than I remember it when I was a kid. Also don't remember Scully being so damn hot.
>>
>>17416061
You're gonna be very happy, then. Enjoy the ride until season 6/7, then brace yourself.
>>
Just imagine an army of these suckers.
>>
How many episodes have thia season?
>>
Does the new season still have the original theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y
>>
>>17420095
Even uses the old intro.
>>
mfw Tad O'Malley played by guest star Joel McHale is me
>>
>>17420116
wat
>>
>>17420043
Fluke man always freaked me out. That creepy asshole mouth that it had.
>>
>>17421635
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone it DIDN'T freak out.
>>
File: x-files-the-walk-mulder.jpg (33KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
x-files-the-walk-mulder.jpg
33KB, 1024x768px
>>17421657
Found one.
>>
I'm on my first watch of this show. Currently watching E3S10 and I have to say, I fucking love it. Dod Kalm or whatever was one of my favorites thus far. Better then really any other show I have watched (which there aren't many of).

I love the cheese and the effects. I love that it actually creeps me out late at night sometimes. Don't have anything to say about the new season but I seem to have enough episodes to keep me busy for sometime.

Glad to find this thread, I've been lurking on some bad fan sites tonight.
>>
>>17421729

God I fucked that up - SEASON 3, EPISODE 10 christ.
>>
>>17421729
That is legit the scariest thing I've ever seen on TV, the isolation, the creeping death & it's all just about getting older, WE ARE ALL ON THE SHIP!!!
>>
>>17421740

Right? The whole rotting ship was excellent.

I found it odd that in season 2 or whenever when Scully disappears and that douchebag steps in to partner with Mulder I felt like 'back the fuck off'. I rarely get attached to television characters so it was a surprising reaction.

I remember being 5 years old in 1995, and my parents would watch Xfiles on Sunday nights (?) and the theme song always scared the hell out of me. Not sure why it took me so long to start watching.
>>
>>17421762
Because that shit spooked you down to your rectum.

Ahhh the X-Files. Portraying demon rape on cable television before it was cool.
>>
>>17421772
*network.
>>17421762
Kreycek is a bastard. HD even shot the sleepless 'nam reverend man, just fuck him.
>>
>>17421782
He*
>>
Love this thread. Bought hulu not too long ago. Been watching the shit out of it. Remember sitting down with the old man every Sunday night. It came on right after the Simpsons. Good memories. Finishing up on season two now. Laughing about how cornball it is sometimes but still love it.
>>
Next season should be 8 episodes at least, with Chris Carter writing no more than two.

I hope that now that they blew their load, they can make a more balanced season, instead of a sample platter for the millions of millennial viewers who probably never saw the show before this season.
>>
>>17421729
>Dod Kalm or whatever was one of my favorites thus far.

Eeeyuugh. Gotta say I feel the exact opposite of that one. The aging makeup is terrible, though that's the least of my problems with it. But everybody's got different tastes, I guess.
>>
>>17422095

I actually read some shitty reviews about it before watching... I knew what to expect going in. Anything with big, old ships leaking water will please me so as you said:

>everybody's got different tastes
>>
If only.
>>
File: Unknown-29.jpg (629KB, 808x808px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-29.jpg
629KB, 808x808px
>>17423889
looks like a cross between south park and X files
>>
>>17424783
Cute doggy. But no, Twin Peaks, like it says.
>>
>>17425243
Due to my moderate disappointment in the miniseries since the finale, I had an idea.

This is a call to arms for /x/ to collectively wish the greatest show ever into existence.

Agent Dale Cooper and Agent Fox Mulder.
Using the mystical and unexplained to figure out...
Who killducted Samantha Palmer.
>>
>>17426266
Yes.
>>
>>17426266
>Agent Dale Cooper and Agent Fox Mulder.

And Agent Dana Scully...

>Using the mystical and unexplained to figure out...

what's going on with the weird woodland spirits/aliens disguised as such in Twin Peaks.

There also needs to be an episode or two dedicated to figuring out Mulder's dual alter ego as Dennis/Denise, and an episode where Agent Mulder wonders why he dreamed of Mr. Nutt in a red room.
>>
>>17426635
And they would investigate why Scully's father had a secret second family and was posing as an Air Force major.
>>
>>17421954
Agreed.
>>
X-Files wedding cake
>>
These fans are hardcore.
>>
not down for this Einstein bitch, such a frustrating character for the paranormal mystery detective drama genre. was yelling at the tv to her in the last episode
>>
>>17429528
She was kinda funny for the episode she was introduced in, then they brought her back and it was like, oh shit, Carter, what are you doing?
>>
File: 1447115684922.jpg (112KB, 610x597px) Image search: [Google]
1447115684922.jpg
112KB, 610x597px
>>17429504
>>17429505
>tfw you will never meet a qt /x/-phile and share a dope wedding cake like that

Why even bother, /x/?
>>
File: Gillian-Anderson-68.jpg (97KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Gillian-Anderson-68.jpg
97KB, 1024x768px
>>17429625
Don't give up hope, senpai~ :3
>>
"I'm FBI."
>>
What about Reyes and Miller? It would still suck compared to Mulder and Scully, but not as bad as dealing with Einstein. Or is Reyes still too much of a lackey for Cancer Man?
>>
I kept thinking the Smoking Man in the last episode was David Rockefeller, or was suppose to be sort of like him. He did match the description

>wanting to depopulate the world
>only elites are allowed to live
>old as fuck
>>
>>17433407
But that's kind of a common villain trope, isn't it?
>>
Hey x-noob, how far along in the series are you now?
>>
>"I completed 30 X-Files sketch cards for IDW, which are included in the X-Files Season 10 DELUXE EDITION - Volume 1 hardcover."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Bump for the road
>>
>>17395497
>all these celebs playing bit characters before they hit big.
Man, I love seeing Seth Green as the stoner dude in episode 2.
>>
>>17438550
My favorite was seeing a young Lucy Liu in Hell Money.
>>
File: Kim_Hsin_talks_to_Fox_Mulder.jpg (31KB, 607x457px) Image search: [Google]
Kim_Hsin_talks_to_Fox_Mulder.jpg
31KB, 607x457px
>>
File: Bart_Liquori.jpg (24KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
Bart_Liquori.jpg
24KB, 400x282px
Jack Black also made an appearance in DPO.
>>
>>17438550
That was a solid episode. The part where the wife is crying insisting "that isn't my husband!" - great.
>>
>>17439476
Don't forget Giovanni Ribisi and Jack Black in that lightning episode.
>>
>>17440986
Yeah, I just mentioned Jack Black. >>17440944
>>
File: doggett01.jpg (9KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
doggett01.jpg
9KB, 340x255px
And let's not forget Robert Patrick, even if he did play kind of a lame replacement character.
>>
>>17441485
Hello, T-1000, you are cool and deadly!
>>
File: 1057502_920.jpg (22KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1057502_920.jpg
22KB, 250x333px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI86_OT1S2c
>>
>>17442638
Plug your stupid shit elsewhere.
>>
>>17441533
They even made a joke about it in one episode, IIRC.
>>
File: Flukemask.jpg (103KB, 646x964px) Image search: [Google]
Flukemask.jpg
103KB, 646x964px
Even this prop mask of him is creepy.
>>
Has there been any official word about whether the new series will continue or not?
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 284x160px
Even though I watched Invocation twice, I still can't figure out what was that thing that was imitating Billy Underwood.
>>
>>17446786
I heard that FOX wants to air more new episodes
>>
>>17421729
hey mate current on s03e06
the s02 final and the first ones from s03
my favorites so far
>>
>>17403013
this

>>17408771
and this pls

>>17421762
yeah you felt that way cuz kreycek is really just an all around creep :/
>>
File: Krycek_gun.jpg (64KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
Krycek_gun.jpg
64KB, 840x480px
>>17446878
>Kreycek is really just an all around creep

Well, they did nickname him "Ratboy".
>>
>>17446855
Can confirm, probably the best trilogy of Mytharc episodes of the entire series.
>>
So I just finished the Miniseries.
This remake was a mistake.
>>
File: dana-scully.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dana-scully.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>17448153
current on s03e10 731
any favorites? any spoiers ?
>>
>>17449147
spoilers not spoiers
>>
>>17448505
Wasn't there anything you liked about it?

>>17449147
From S1-3 or all of them? I kind of don't want to give too many spoilers in case other n00bs are watching the series for the first time too.
>>
>>17449215
The lizardman episode had a few good jokes and Founder's Mutation had a nice vibe going. Also the shroom scene I guess.
Other than that I was just suffering through it.
>>
>>17449215
all of them , something tells me that s02 / 03 have the greates and spooky episodies
>>
File: X-Files.jpg (295KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
X-Files.jpg
295KB, 1024x600px
>>
>>17449317
She really doesn't look good as a blonde. Thankfully they made her hair look better later.
>>
File: image.jpg (314KB, 1224x1304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314KB, 1224x1304px
What are the best episodes? I'm watching season 1 right now but it's kinda hit or miss. Can anyone give me like a greatest hits or something?
>>
Okay guys, I dug out one of my old episode recommendation lists. I should probably review this and keep in in a text file whenever new fans want it. I've left a few good ones out since the original anon I wrote them for wanted a short list, but these are among the best.

Mytharc:

Pilot
Deep Throat
Fallen Angel
E.B.E.
The Erlenmeyer Flask
Little Green Men
Duane Barry
Ascension
One Breath
Colony
End Game
Anasazi
The Blessing Way
Paper Clip
Nisei
Piper Maru
Apocrypha
Talitha Cumi
Herrenvolk
Tunguska
Terma
Memento Mori
Zero Sum
Gethsemane
Redux
Redux II
Patient X
The Red and the Black
The End
The Beginning
Two Fathers
One Son
>>
>>17450969
Non Mytharc:

Squeeze
Conduit
Eve
Beyond the Sea
Tooms
The Host
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Humbug
The Calusari
Our Town
Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
Jose Chung's From Outer Space
Unruhe
Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
Paper Hearts
Elegy
Unusual Suspects
Christmas Carol
Emily
Chinga
Bad Blood
The Pine Bluff Variant
Drive
S.R. 819
Tithonus
>>
>>17450969
>>17450972
Thank you.
>>
>>17451159
You're welcome. Give feedback when you're done watching some, let us know what you think.
>>
File: Scully.jpg (63KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Scully.jpg
63KB, 500x380px
>>
File: Mulder.jpg (60KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
Mulder.jpg
60KB, 736x547px
>>
>>17449269
S4 and S5 have some pretty good ones too.
>>
File: 1410689626675.jpg (78KB, 550x566px) Image search: [Google]
1410689626675.jpg
78KB, 550x566px
So has anyone here read that "season 10" comic, which came out earlier and is completely different from the new miniseries "season 10"? Is it any good?
>>
File: 1457335148132.jpg (128KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1457335148132.jpg
128KB, 500x337px
>>
The miniseries was promising at the start then dropped off towards the end, the final two episodes were pretty weak.

I love the show though, the new series has given me an excuse to re-watch all the old episodes.
>>
>>17456636
>I love the show though, the new series has given me an excuse to re-watch all the old episodes.

I've found myself doing the same thing too.
>>
>>17455817
Shit.
>>
File: cig_smokingman.jpg (292KB, 802x997px) Image search: [Google]
cig_smokingman.jpg
292KB, 802x997px
>>
>>17458172
>>17458242
Quit spamming this.
>>
File: fuckagenteinstein.png (174KB, 490x275px) Image search: [Google]
fuckagenteinstein.png
174KB, 490x275px
>>17456636
I grew up watching it. When I was around 5 or so, my parents would have to convince me Fluke Man wasn't going to pull me in the sewers, I literally thought oil from cars was THE black oil, other stupid shit like that. Almost annually, come Halloween time, I binge watch that shit.

That being said, I was so fucking let down with this mini-series. E01 was interesting as long as I kept in mind they were trying to "get the team back together".
Lizard man was fun, but no where NEAR the level of former X-Files fun episodes (Clyde Bruckman, X-Cops, From Outer Space, etc). IT also kinda bummed me out that it felt like they were wasting time when they only had 6 episodes to work with, and I thought this was a wrap-up type of deal.
Then we get to the really offensive episodes. Fucking new-Mulder and Scully. Fuck these dimwitted, unlikable, pieces of shit. Mulder 2.0 had promise, but he soon became unbearably dull. Red-head Bones was the absolute fucking worst. I honestly couldn't stop mocking her. Her mannerisms, her way of speaking, literally everything about her was grating. Setting aside that the episode they were introduced was the most boring P.O.S. I had seen in recent times, save Mulder's dancing, they were reaching so hard to make the newer agents a thing that they forgot to actually make an X-Files an episode. The endings also sucked massively. They made a 6 episode miniseries and then tried to Monster-of-the-week it. Why? Instead of just hoping enough people would watch another whatever weak shit that was, they just made 6 episodes that touched on the super soldiers, namely Mulder being one, William (if they must, but I was wholly uninterested), the clones, etc.

tl;dr fuck this miniseries, I'll just continue to believe it ended at S07
>>
>>17458304
I agree with most of what you're saying, though I can't hate the miniseries entirely. I keep saying it's a mixed bag and I stand by that. The troll of a cliffhanger ending didn't help either.

Regarding Miller and Einstein, I thought they were pretty obviously joke characters that were like parallels of Mulder and Scully. The mistake was having them around for an another episode. As I've said earlier, this would be disastrous. >>17400454
>>
>>17395786
I only remember the other one because it had a Tom Waits song in it.
>>
>>17429625
I will marry you if you show up to that cake. Even if you look like pic related
>>
>>17458323
I could handle a naive Miller, I could handle his drabness and maybe even making him some cutesy tag-a-long, looking up to the Dream Team. What I cant handle is Einstein. It was like someone watched the show and hated Scully, so they wrote the most cringeworthy Scully impression they could. It only made it worse that I couldn't seem to find anyone to agree with me that she was infuriating.

And I know Carter's just hoping for a revival, his royalties have probably dried up, but I swear I will never watch an episode with those two in it. I literally had to power through just those two, and one was the fucking finale.

And seriously, Mulder is still a super soldier, right? I mean they made one joke about Scully being immortal, but is his thing no good anymore? That's not been sitting right with me and you seem to be pretty active in this thread.
>>
>>17458375
> I mean they made one joke about Scully being immortal
That joke was because [spoiler] she is canonically immortal as set up by the original series [/spoiler]. Other than that, I agree with you. Miller was tolerable though uninteresting, but Einstein was the most annoying character I've seen in a while. I was seriously counting on her death by terrorists, and then later alien aids.
>>
>>17458401
I mean, yeah, I got the joke. They mention it in a few episodes (the Ouroboros, the camera thing, Bruckman saying she doesn't die, etc) I was just thinking Mulder got the black oil, so he should be a super soldier. Unless it takes multiple sessions, but I can't remember if he had more than one dose. I ust started wondering that during Trashman (shitty, even for MotW) when he said he didn't do stairs anymore.
>>
>>17458375
>And seriously, Mulder is still a super soldier, right?

Uhh, I tend to tune out most of the crap from the later seasons, so I don't remember. I'd have to go back and check, unless you want to summarize for me.

>What I cant handle is Einstein. It was like someone watched the show and hated Scully, so they wrote the most cringeworthy Scully impression they could. It only made it worse that I couldn't seem to find anyone to agree with me that she was infuriating.

I found her amusing at first simply for the fact that she did seem to be a parody of everyone's complaints about Scully. If you'll notice, they did a lot of poking fun at the original series and fan complaints about the way they did things, though some of it was more subtle than at other times. Einstein was meant to be an annoying character. But suddenly doing a 180 and making her a "legitimate" character in the show, then she becomes terrible.

>>17458401
>I mean they made one joke about Scully being immortal, but is his thing no good anymore?
>>17458401
>she is canonically immortal as set up by the original series

/x/ has no spoilers, and this thread is chock-full of them anyway, so it doesn't matter. And this is a fan theory based on what happened in Tithonus. It's one I've never liked, honestly. Alfred Fellig cheated death, so he was supposed to die, which is what he wanted in the end, so him "taking" Scully's death in her place seemed to be more of what was supposed to happen all along, rather than Scully becoming immortal like him.
>>
>>17458465
When she asks Clyde Bruckman how she dies, he says that she doesn't. It was three seasons before Tithonus.
>>
>>17458465
The deets on the oil I'm a little foggy on, but I remember it being something like the black oil is what makes human super soldiers. When Mulder was held in the Russian facility with Crycek they both got black oil in the eyes. Crycek was def a super soldier after that. I was always pretty murky in my understanding of the oil, but I thought it was THE aliens that the syndicate made their agreement with.
>>
>>17458475
>When she asks Clyde Bruckman how she dies, he says that she doesn't.

I always took that as a flip remark. He insinuated/teased Mulder about dying from auto-erotic asphyxiation too.

>>17458492
>the black oil is what makes human super soldiers

No, there was a lot the Black Oil could do, but essentially seemed to be the "essence" or true form of the invading aliens. They often used it to take over hosts, as you saw when it was squirming under the skin or swimming in the eyes of their victims, but the super soldier process was different, if I recall correctly, and Krycek didn't become one.
>>
Well, I'm doing some checking and it seems that the "alien virus"/Black Oil/Purity is used in the process of making Super Soldiers, but there might be something else involved for the transformation to happen. The victim also appears to "die" then come back to life later, which is what I remembered. The oil just seems to have whatever ability the writers feel like giving it at the time, I guess.
>>
>>17458523
>>17458546
Oh okay. I just remembered the soldier bit. Thanks
>>
>>17458549
You're welcome. The wiki is pretty good for when you need some quick answers and don't want to skim through entire episodes.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Super-soldier
>>
>>17395497
almost everything in the 6 episodes was real, except they didn't mention that german secret societies made deals with ETs and took over the US military-industrial complex to build out their independent space infrastructures.
>>
File: 1403676642350.jpg (163KB, 946x726px) Image search: [Google]
1403676642350.jpg
163KB, 946x726px
>>17458643
sure
>>
File: 98.jpg (9KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
9KB, 400x225px
>>17458304

The truth is that you're the victim of a national conspiracy to lead you astray from the X-Files. In the beginning of the X-Files miniseries, chris carter had good ideas and this could be seen in episode 1. In the following episodes, however, he took a hiatus while generic writers were used to patch together scripts from other series into material for the show. Finally, fan-fiction from the internet was used to end the series in a way that would destroy interest in The Truth.

The X-Files isn't out there. For a long time now it has been a joint project of MJ12 and the US Air Force to manipulate the minds of the people into accepting banal, templated instances of television plots in place of The Truth.
>>
File: 1408672920870.gif (336KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1408672920870.gif
336KB, 200x200px
>>17460033
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>17458178
>>
File: Special_Agent_Einstein.jpg (235KB, 437x473px) Image search: [Google]
Special_Agent_Einstein.jpg
235KB, 437x473px
>>17460033
There's some medicine I need to prescribe you.
>>
File: AF5Dg1e.jpg (338KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
AF5Dg1e.jpg
338KB, 1836x3264px
>>17460865
Sorry, not my brand.
>>
>>17460875
He already sounds like he's eaten some bad shrooms.
>>
>>17460865
Camel Menthol checking in. P-funk menthols were my brand in the war though, they didnt get my shits there

+1 internets to you anon
>>
>>17458643
>>17460033
>>
File: giphy.gif (633KB, 550x314px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
633KB, 550x314px
>>
>>17422095
>>17422095
What ruined the episode for me is being Norwegian.
The guys who played the norwegian characters were russians and spoke basically gibberish with some legit words tossed in.
That and anachronism made me loathe it.
>>
i didn't get a chance to see the new season finale.
how was it?
>>
>>17465851
Disappointing and rushed.
>>
>>17465851
A few semi-interesting things started happening, then Chris Carter trolled everyone by leaving it on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>17465851
it was ok
>>
>insert Two-Face joke here
>>
>>17465821
Yeah, they failed pretty hard at languages most of the time.
>>
I guess there's not much interest left after the miniseries is over, but if that one guy watching the original for the first time wants to chime in again, I might keep it alive a while longer.
>>
>>17457956
Can you be more specific? How much of it did you actually read?
>>
>>17395877
don't remind me.
>>
>>17472617
I still think the whole "the mythology we've established up until now was a smokescreen" is a lie, or at least, I really hope so. Throwing away the whole thing now would literally be the stupidest thing they've ever done.
>>
>>
File: spoopy scully.webm (543KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy scully.webm
543KB, 750x420px
>>
File: ayy lmao.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 52873.jpg (31KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
52873.jpg
31KB, 500x564px
Thanks for the webms, mysterious stranger.
>>
>>17476222
No problem, my friend.
>>
File: scully the sloot.webm (599KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
scully the sloot.webm
599KB, 750x420px
>>
>>17476229
Oh, that cringeworthy moment from season... seven? Whatever made them think that was a good idea?
>>
File: [sincere nodding].webm (148KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
[sincere nodding].webm
148KB, 750x420px
>>17476275
Only alien DNA can save us from the Spartan virus. I sequenced the whole genome.
>>
How come the Skinman looks younger in the revival, when everyone else looks way older? Dude aged well.
>>
File: Skinner_67.jpg (725KB, 2415x3126px) Image search: [Google]
Skinner_67.jpg
725KB, 2415x3126px
>>17476308
You mean Skinner? He looks older to me, but still not that bad.
>>
File: the fire rises for you big guy.jpg (892KB, 2415x3126px) Image search: [Google]
the fire rises for you big guy.jpg
892KB, 2415x3126px
>>17476345
>that fucked watermark
>>
File: 348.jpg (47KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
348.jpg
47KB, 768x432px
>>
>>17476368
I didn't notice, but his face looks too red in this one.
>>
>>17476381
Actually, it's the other way around. The watermarked version was desaturated. But, in any case, it's a five-minute job in Photoshop.
>>
File: Skinman.jpg (1MB, 2432x1521px) Image search: [Google]
Skinman.jpg
1MB, 2432x1521px
Is this the greatest un-JUST story ever told?
>>
>>17476424
wat
>>
>>17395720
Lizardman war the worst.

Which was /pol/?
>>
>>17395748
They should have taken those two and make the 6 episodes with that story
>>
>>17476444
>Lizardman war the worst.
>>
>>17398582
That's the only reason why those two got introduced
>>
File: mmm.jpg (54KB, 418x606px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
54KB, 418x606px
>>17476451
>ywn make her say cheese
>>
So I just found this. Sounds about right.

http://www.duchovniacs.com/x-files/x-files-5-things-fox-and-chris-carter-need-to-successfully-deliver-season-11/
>>
>>17476478
>You now have a possible post apocalyptic X-Files world with 80-90 percent of the population in decimation.

Nah. The UFO at the end of My Struggle II will heal Mulder and not-Mulder with a beam of magical alien light, and the gang will find a way to distribute the cure to everyone.

There will be deaths and whatever, but the general public will be told that it was all a result of a biological weapon attack by terrorists.

Mulder and Scully will be miffed that the public will never get to know the truth, but by episode 2 or 3 of series 11 the status quo will be restored and everything will be back to normal.

No post-apocalyptic storyline.
>>
>>17476491
Don't give them ideas.
>>
>Hey guys, COLONISTS!
>lol jk, just fascists!

Really, Carter? Nine seasons worth of mytharc... just wiped away?

When I said I wanted closure, this isn't what I had in mind.
>>
File: fuck this show.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this show.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
>>17476637
You're welcome.
>>
>>17476637
>mfw the aliens will be the good guys
>>
>>17476637
MUSH ROOM
>>
>>17476637
I've said it before, but we still don't know if he's serious about this change or if it's yet another attempt to throw people off. Not the first time he's tried this, but obviously the most poorly handled.
>>
File: you_fucked_up.png (1MB, 1276x719px) Image search: [Google]
you_fucked_up.png
1MB, 1276x719px
>>17476960
>>
>>17476424
He just shaved his ugly side-hair and grew a beard.
Pick a bald dude with a beard and give him that shit side cut. Boom, instant shit pirate.

You're mistaking youth for virility. The Skinman looks virile as fuck since he's got that clean beard look.
>>
File: 1194770465484.jpg (152KB, 750x659px) Image search: [Google]
1194770465484.jpg
152KB, 750x659px
>>17476368
>>
>>17479556
It might help that the more recent pic looks airbrushed as hell.
>>
File: CC_troll.gif (26KB, 150x173px) Image search: [Google]
CC_troll.gif
26KB, 150x173px
>>
File: IMG_1041.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>17395497
Why was it shit? Forgive me for going out on a limb and saying I enjoyed each episode of the mini season. I also enjoyed a jay with each episode so....I'm hoping for more Chris Carter and Darrin Morgan (spelling?)
Anyone else grow up with Mulder and Scully as babysitters, like me? I've been searching for someone who can appreciate the X Files with me, but I seem to find people who are over critical and find the same 3 negative things to point out....what was I?...Oh yeah! New X Files episode, the were lizard episode with Kumail Nanjiani was pretty funny.
>>
>>17476444
The /pol/ one was the one with the terrrrrists and Mulder's (placebo?) mushroom trip.
>>
So was it a placebo or did he really take the MUSH ROOM?
>>
>>17395861
Go crawl back under your bridge
>>
>>17399912
Agreed
>>
>>17400572
Start from the very beginning, in 94' for best results....
>>
>>17404069
I laughed at this part, and hated myself for laughing
>>
>>17408808
Because by including every single conspiracy, theyre refreshing the narrative that it's simply crazy to believe in any of it.
That's the real reason they brought it back
>>
>>17417721
soooooo fucking true
>>
>>17440971
That was hands down the best extra acting I've seen on the show.
>>
>>17421762
We had the same childhood....marry?
>>
>>17406591
Only 90?

I've only seen a few episodes of the original X-Files and they had a cool eerie charm.

The Lizardman episode seemed way too campy to me. Like it was clearly trying to be funny, but it went on for way too long. Did the old episodes ever do that?

The Trashman episode started off cool, but the ending seemed inconclusive to me. Why'd he kill the guy who was trying to get the homeless to live in the hospital? And that artist just fucked off and everything was fine?

The terrorism episode seemed out of place. There was only the one supernatural part, otherwise it was about a normal crime and Mulder convincing a non-believer.

The last episode seemed like the stakes escalated really quickly, did they old episodes ever do that? And the it very clearly seemed to be baiting the network/fans for another season.
>>
>>17482484
>I've only seen a few episodes of the original X-Files and they had a cool eerie charm.

That's one thing, among others, that the miniseries forgot how to do. How to make things suspenseful and move at a decent pace.

>The Lizardman episode seemed way too campy to me. Like it was clearly trying to be funny, but it went on for way too long. Did the old episodes ever do that?

It was still pretty good for the new series, but you're right, it didn't live up to the standard of their better comedy ones. I've compared it to "The Post-Modern Prometheus" before. It's ridiculously silly, but still not as bad as some of their later attempts at comedy.

>The Trashman episode started off cool, but the ending seemed inconclusive to me. Why'd he kill the guy who was trying to get the homeless to live in the hospital? And that artist just fucked off and everything was fine?

The guy trying to force the homeless to live in the hospital was being an ass and didn't really care about them. Still, the monster itself and that part of the plot was rather uninspired. The best part of this episode was Mulder schooling the guy about the definition of a "tulpa".

>The terrorism episode seemed out of place. There was only the one supernatural part, otherwise it was about a normal crime and Mulder convincing a non-believer.

I think this was the worst one and a lot of other people seem to agree. The only worthwhile part was Mulder tripping on placebos/shrooms, but even that felt more like it belonged on Fringe than the X-Files.

>The last episode seemed like the stakes escalated really quickly, did they old episodes ever do that? And the it very clearly seemed to be baiting the network/fans for another season.

Chris Carter has had a habit with ending every season on a cliffhanger, but this time I think it's inexcusable. Six random episodes and then it ends like that when it's not even certain if the story will continue? That's bullshit. It's not 1993 anymore.
>>
>>17482402
But why?
>>
>>17484427
Because I felt like it was super cheesy, Chris Carter tickled me and made me laugh, that's how I felt. I was bitter about finding the slapstick humor actually funny. I was not expecting the werelizard to play with a little dog and stuff. It caught me off guard I suppose
>>
>>17484427
Because I felt like it was super cheesy, Chris Carter tickled me and made me laugh, that's how I felt. I was bitter about finding the slapstick humor actually funny. I was not expecting the werelizard to play with a little dog and stuff. It caught me off guard I suppose.
>>
File: laughing leon.jpg (33KB, 297x445px) Image search: [Google]
laughing leon.jpg
33KB, 297x445px
>mfw watching that cockroach episode
>>
>>17395720

Lizardman was a joke. I know it's pretty much in line with the series as a whole, but the first season, assuming there will be more, was a wash, intended to draw in new and old fans.

But the material for old fans was just too thin. Basically only the 1st and last episode had ANY relevance to the main story, and what was shown was so basic and short. It was nothing that we didn't already see in the final season of the original series.

With ALL of the fucking new things that have happened in the UFOlogy world since the original series ended, you would think we'd have a stronger first season, but nope. It's still normie central for the new X-Files.
>>
>>17395497
Anyone catch the IDW comic that came out this week? Its a What if Fox was abducted as a kid? so his sister takes up his footsteps and it has the abduction scene redone personally i really liked it
>>
>>17485498
I kind of get what you're saying here. I felt somewhat manipulated when I was getting all choked up as Scully's mom was dying, because I don't feel like they handled that scene as well as they could have, but it still set off an emotional response in me.

Thinking about it more, it's hard to say whether any one episode in this miniseries (except maybe "Babylon") is "good" or "bad", but you have to break it down scene by scene. This part was good, this part was bad, this part was dumb, but this part was better. Do you get what I'm saying? It's all over the place, like they felt the need to have something for everyone. Here's some conspiracies and UFOs for you, monsters for you, Mulder and Scully romantic tension for you, and wacky shenanigans for you. They should have tried harder to make it more coherent overall with only six episodes to go on.
>>
File: MuldervsStella.jpg (27KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
MuldervsStella.jpg
27KB, 600x300px
So I found this recently...
>>
File: 009.jpg (195KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
195KB, 1200x1080px
>>17395497
>>
File: Mulder_2.jpg (18KB, 491x439px) Image search: [Google]
Mulder_2.jpg
18KB, 491x439px
>>17488259
Hello yes can I help you
>>
>>17488258
still would
>>
>>17421740
Loved dod kalm! Great episode! The old makeup effects were great for the time. Gosh I fall in love with this series every time I watch it. So good.
>>
anyone got any cool x-files wallpaper, or cute/hot scully pics to use for my phone
>>
>>17486006
Well, that's practically canon, since Mulder was originally supposed to be abducted instead of Samantha. Do you have any scans?
>>
You can tell they were trying extra hard to make everything sound fake and gay in the new ones.

They should have just ended the whole thing about season 6, and used the movies to explain an ending.
>>
>>17489652
They WEREN'T trying very hard, that was why it wasn't that good.

>They should have just ended the whole thing about season 6, and used the movies to explain an ending.

I'm inclined to agree, if the second movie had been something relevant instead of the stupid plot we got.
>>
I liked everything but lizardman. Thought the main plot was cool. Was nice to see a "functioning" flying saucer, would like to see more about how they manipulate centrifugal force and magnetism, I've seen those things fly and they are incredible powerful machines. The chemtrails were a nice touch, I had visions of the lone gunmen making orgone and cloudbusters but no luck.
>>
>>17491305
>Was nice to see a "functioning" flying saucer, would like to see more about how they manipulate centrifugal force and magnetism, I've seen those things fly and they are incredible powerful machines.

Sure thing, buddy.
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
>>17488699
>>
File: IMG_0994.jpg (444KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0994.jpg
444KB, 1600x1200px
>>
^ My current background
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
>>
>>17483580
>Chris Carter has had a habit with ending every season on a cliffhanger, but this time I think it's inexcusable. Six random episodes and then it ends like that when it's not even certain if the story will continue? That's bullshit.

That's the X Files for you. The whole first series was just a gigantic troll. The alleged mytharc was just bullshit they made up as they went along to keep people interested so they could keep making money for as long as David Duchovny was willing to work on the series, they never had any resolution in mind.
>>
>>17492563
>>17492566
>>17492573

Not the guy who requested them, but these are pretty cool.
>>
>>17492684
>The alleged mytharc was just bullshit they made up as they went along to keep people interested so they could keep making money for as long as David Duchovny was willing to work on the series, they never had any resolution in mind.

The difference being that they had whole seasons to work with and the plots were actually interesting most of the time. And not all of it was as randomly made up as you seem to think, they started building upon it rather early.
>>
File: 1411062935198.gif (340KB, 1008x811px) Image search: [Google]
1411062935198.gif
340KB, 1008x811px
>>17485505
>>
>>17482364
It seemed kind of ambiguous.
>>
New X-files:
>episode 1 hurr we are getting close to full disclosure
>le comedy reptile man episode
>8 seasons worth of story line plot condensed in to 1 hour finale
>EVERYONE IS DYING
>To be continued...?
>>
>>17497251
See >>17480955
>>
File: Jose_Chung_poster.jpg (668KB, 1280x1654px) Image search: [Google]
Jose_Chung_poster.jpg
668KB, 1280x1654px
Okay this thing is rather awesome.

http://xfilesposterproject.tumblr.com

And before you rage at me for posting a tumblr link, actually go look at the thing. These are pretty good.
>>
File: Clyde_Bruckman_poster.jpg (532KB, 1280x1710px) Image search: [Google]
Clyde_Bruckman_poster.jpg
532KB, 1280x1710px
>>
File: Calusari_poster.jpg (650KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Calusari_poster.jpg
650KB, 1280x1707px
>>
File: Sleepless_poster.png (2MB, 751x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepless_poster.png
2MB, 751x1125px
>>
File: Duane_Barry_poster.jpg (451KB, 1234x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Duane_Barry_poster.jpg
451KB, 1234x1920px
>>
File: Ascension_poster.png (472KB, 1280x1787px) Image search: [Google]
Ascension_poster.png
472KB, 1280x1787px
>>
File: One_Breath_poster.png (1MB, 1280x1711px) Image search: [Google]
One_Breath_poster.png
1MB, 1280x1711px
>>
File: One_Breath_poster_(alternative).png (543KB, 1280x1013px) Image search: [Google]
One_Breath_poster_(alternative).png
543KB, 1280x1013px
>>17498813
Alternative version. I think I like the first better, but this one is good too.
>>
File: Drive_poster.jpg (537KB, 1280x1727px) Image search: [Google]
Drive_poster.jpg
537KB, 1280x1727px
>>
File: nszx6d1qbd1sk0jh2o1.jpg (743KB, 1280x1843px) Image search: [Google]
nszx6d1qbd1sk0jh2o1.jpg
743KB, 1280x1843px
>>
>>17482403
Kind of like real life, most of the time.
>>
File: Irresistible_poster.jpg (196KB, 973x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Irresistible_poster.jpg
196KB, 973x1280px
>>
File: Eve_poster.png (251KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Eve_poster.png
251KB, 1280x1707px
Fun fact: The band "Eve 6" named themselves after a character in this episode.
>>
File: Little_Green_Men_poster.jpg (208KB, 1169x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Little_Green_Men_poster.jpg
208KB, 1169x1920px
>>
File: Colony_poster.jpg (938KB, 1280x1853px) Image search: [Google]
Colony_poster.jpg
938KB, 1280x1853px
>>
File: End_Game_poster.jpg (366KB, 1280x1823px) Image search: [Google]
End_Game_poster.jpg
366KB, 1280x1823px
>>
File: Darkness_Falls_poster.png (866KB, 1280x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Darkness_Falls_poster.png
866KB, 1280x1824px
So does anyone else like these or is it just me?
>>
File: Detour_poster.png (223KB, 1211x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Detour_poster.png
223KB, 1211x1920px
>>
File: Chinga_poster.jpg (499KB, 1126x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Chinga_poster.jpg
499KB, 1126x1920px
I always thought it would have been neat if King did a book version of this episode.
>>
File: Unruhe_poster.png (1MB, 1280x1657px) Image search: [Google]
Unruhe_poster.png
1MB, 1280x1657px
>>
File: The_Host_poster.jpg (291KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
The_Host_poster.jpg
291KB, 1280x1707px
>>
>>
>>
File: updated_badge_for_Scully.jpg (35KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
updated_badge_for_Scully.jpg
35KB, 600x375px
>>17488258
>>
File: The_Springfield_Files_poster.jpg (743KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
The_Springfield_Files_poster.jpg
743KB, 1280x1707px
>>17505625
>>
>>17395497
Okay so here is my opinion on each episode of the new series.

1st: This episode is okay, the conspiracy stuff is sorta interesting but mulder and scully seem pretty uninterested. The story is okay but not very memorable. I think they make too many references like "HEY GUYS IT'S 2016!!!!"

2. This episode was like your average X-Files episode. Really not much memorable. At least the episode felt right at place with any classic episode... I just wish it was less mediocre.

3. This is by far the best episode of the new season and really ranks up with the best of the now 5 episodes written by darren morgan. Almost all of the jokes work and the episode has a vibe that just really fits with the old series but at the same time offers something new and manages to be creative and entertain all the way through.

4. This again feels like "just another episode". At least this one is the closest to being scary that the series has been since like the 5th season. It isn't actually scary though and basically feels like your average season 1 Supernatural episode or something. Also totally ripped off that Doctor Who episode...

5. An attempt at a political episode... It was mediocre. The comedy scenes were way too much and it really just felt like something that would be less dated feeling if this episode came out in the early 2000's. But it just doesn't really stay with me.

6. This is the only awful episode. This has all of the X-Files cliches times 10. The writing is lazy. The acting is lazy. Even the set design is lazy. There is really nothing even interesting about it either.

Overall the new season is okay. Not as good as the best seasons of X-Files but not as bad as the worst.

6/10 Season
>>
File: 220px-Doublenickels.jpg (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Doublenickels.jpg
13KB, 220x220px
I have always been a mild fan of x-files... but i'm gonna say it right now, and i don't say this often.

Chris Carter is a hack writer. (he's an okay director though). He is so wordy and so expositiony that many of the episodes he writes become utter trash. (which is why most of the myth arc episodes of the original and new series sucked.

The only reason X-Files has ever been good is because of a few of the other writers. Most notably Vince Gilligan and Darren Morgan

Also I don't know why the lizard episode is getting so much hate here because it's too "silly". Are you saying that Jose Chung's, or Humbug wasn't silly as fuck?

Darren Morgan episode power ratings

Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose > Jose Chungs From Outer Space >> Humbug = Mulder and Scully vs the Weremonster > War of the Coprophages
>>
What's a good episode to watch in bed that isn't Home?
>>
>>17507163
are you looking for scary? funny? interesting?

what kind of episode?
>>
>>17395497
I watched Darkness Falls last night. Why didn't Mulder and Scully smoke the weed and hotbox the cabin/car to deter the bugs?
>>
>>17507191
Because they aren't NEET stoners like you.
>>
>>17507163
Well, what do you mean by "watch in bed"? Something only mildly spooky you can watch before going to sleep, or something that will give you nightmares?
>>
File: 1455251003978.png (540KB, 917x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455251003978.png
540KB, 917x640px
>>
am i the only one that thought miller and einstein were pretty cool guys and tehy should investigate aliens and not afraid of anything after dd and scully get tired of this, which lets be honest is soon like who even wants to watch 6 episode seasons and wait for years like bruh like 22 ep seasons with the new guys would be better with maybe a few guest appearances yknow?
>>
>>17510572
Holy run on sentence, Batman.

But to answer you, no, screw having any new main characters again. They already tried that. The X-Files isn't the same without Mulder and Scully. If Duchovny and Anderson are sick of it (and I can't really blame them after all this) then they need to wrap up the show for good and do it properly for once.
>>
>>17511880
I'm sorry, i have dyslexia and my sentences become paragraph-long and stuff really easily

you have to admit though, miller and einstein are much more likeble than DOgget and reyes ever were. Maek no mistake i liked the old 90s seasons 1-6 much more ( vancouvetr had its own charm with the forests and gloomy blue hue compared to sunny in s10 (really post s7 too because production moved to california) but this revival was still much more better than most shows on tv and they were good enough i would watch their own spinoff i tcan't be worse than lone gunmen
>>
>>17509645
that scene was weird.
>>
>>17512076
>miller and einstein are much more likeble than Dogget and reyes ever were

Um, no, I'd have to disagree. Doggett and Reyes were at least original characters. Miller and Einstein don't work that well outside of being joke characters. Miller is mostly bland and inoffensive, but there isn't much depth to him. Einstein, on the other hand, would be extremely annoying as a regular character. Her name alone makes it difficult to take her seriously.

>>17512080
>weird

I think you misspelled "hilarious".
>>
>>17506786
>I think they make too many references like "HEY GUYS IT'S 2016!!!!"

Yeah, this felt awkward and out of place, along with some of the Easter eggs and references to the original series that were trying a little too hard. Some of it was clever, but mostly it felt too much like breaking the fourth wall.
>>
MUSH
>>
>>17514884
ROOM?
>>
>>17514884
TUSH
>>
File: dance.webm (1MB, 606x332px) Image search: [Google]
dance.webm
1MB, 606x332px
Pretty much the only interesting part of the episode.
>>
>>17420116

Fatso went on for hours and hours with this bullshit.
>>
didnt the whole "The Aliens are just fake and a distraction" happened before? There were a few episodes were Mulder didnt believe anymore?
>>
>>17395497
They seemed old as fuck and I know that they're not young anymore but were they supposed to look older than they are or move like old people?

1st episode was decent and the rest were kinda meh honestly. Didn't watch the last episode.

How did they do in the ratings department? I heard they killed it on the first episode no idea about the rest.
>>
>>17516537
>They seemed old as fuck and I know that they're not young anymore

Yes, anon, sad as it is, people age. There's only so much plastic surgery and makeup can do.

I will admit, though, it would have been better if they used some new footage of them in the opening. It made the contrast between their ages then and now much more obvious.
>>
>>17516512
Yep, primarily in "Patient X" and "The Red and the Black". Those were also handled a lot better and much more interesting than the current "it was gubmint and not aliums" plotline.
>>
>>17438550
> almost the entire main cast of breaking bad was also on xfiles
>>
mytharc was a mistake
>>
>>17519533
For the new series or the original? Because I'm gonna have to disagree if you say original. Mulder's sister being abducted by aliens was the reason he started investigating the paranormal in the first place, of course alien arcs were going to happen and be a big deal. They just could have handled it better in later seasons.
>>
>>17519477
I wouldn't be surprised if Gilligan chose them because of this. We already know "Drive" helped Bryan Cranston get the part.
>>
>>17517654
No I'm saying that it looks like they were directed to physically act older than they actually are.
>>
File: 1411026534018.jpg (75KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
1411026534018.jpg
75KB, 500x636px
>>17521826
Well, Scully didn't, but Mulder seemed that way. It was kind of irritating hearing him drive the point home that he was "a middle-aged man" over and over. Maybe they were trying to tell the fans they're getting "too old" for this. Which is ironic, given how old William B. Davis/CSM is.

And hey, speaking of old, looks like we finally maxed out this thread after one month and four days. It's been fun, /x/. I won't bother to make a new one due to the fading interest here after the miniseries ended, but when the next thread is made, I'll definitely participate.
>>
File: promo_image.jpg (411KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
promo_image.jpg
411KB, 1800x1198px
>>17506805
One last thing before this thread dies.

>Chris Carter is a hack writer. (he's an okay director though). He is so wordy and so expositiony that many of the episodes he writes become utter trash. (which is why most of the myth arc episodes of the original and new series sucked.

Have a look at this list:

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_Carter#Writer_Credits

He actually wrote, or collaborated on writing for, some amazing episodes for the earlier seasons. In particular, episodes like "Duane Barry", "Anasazi", "The Blessing Way", "Paper Clip", and "Memento Mori" are really great episodes, along with a few of the other Mytharc episodes listed there. Then around season 6 he starts slipping, getting too convoluted and contradictory with the plot, like he ran out of ideas to keep it fresh or just didn't care anymore. And every subsequent episode since, including the ones he wrote for this miniseries, reflects that. He didn't use to be such a hack, but once he started, he couldn't stop. He never learned from his mistakes, and it's a damn shame. Now the X-Files is headed toward an uncertain future. Let's hope he does the right thing this time and puts it in the hands of more capable writers who can end the series properly, instead of just giving us recons, wordvomit, exposition, and cliffhangers to work with.
>>
File: Glen_Morgan_and_James_Wong.jpg (64KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
Glen_Morgan_and_James_Wong.jpg
64KB, 600x528px
>>17506805
>The only reason X-Files has ever been good is because of a few of the other writers. Most notably Vince Gilligan and Darren Morgan

Oh, and I think you're confusing *Darin* Morgan with his brother, Glen Morgan, who, with his partner in crime, James Wong, helped write and direct some of the best episodes of the original series. Darin didn't do much writing himself, but when he did, it was good, and usually the funny episodes like you pointed out.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.