[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Tantra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 53

File: unnamed.jpg (74KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
74KB, 700x525px
Temple of Solomon the King:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

Tantra can loosely be divided into two or three columns: Hindi, Buddhist, and Western bastardization. Under Hindi you've got groups like the Aghori who are charnel ascetics, Kaula who are sexual evokatory householders, and others, like the Trika who would be something of an 'other' category for some Kashmiri modes. There are even groups of Vedic tantras (most tantriks are Agamic in terms of scripture).

Sutra means suture. Stitch. It's a single point of binding. Tantra means 'continuity'. A convenient metaphor would be the spine of a book. It contains all. It has a flow. As mentioned, Tantra roughly flows out of non-Vedic sources but this isn't a hard and fast rule. It's thought the Agamas were contemporary to the Vedic material but largely oral until some time after Hellenization of the areas in question. These scriptures are often full of hidden meanings in 'twilight language' that can only be explained via 'oral transmission', though if you're exceedingly clever, the essence of tantra becomes quickly apparent, though full revelation only comes through lineal transmission, much to our misfortune. At least, though, we're getting more translations.
>>
File: citipati.jpg (173KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
citipati.jpg
173KB, 525x700px
>>17388447
Early tantra developed from various religious exiles, if they're not mythical, before becoming their own sect inside Hinduism seeking union with godhead through unconventional means, using things otherwise considered "impure", including human remains and sexual fluids. Last thread I'd heard someone making harsh critiques of Western tantriks, and to some extent I'd agree insofar as folks who read the Kama Sutra once and think they're the equivalent of a Tara Master, but to say that we don't have the same impositions of purity in the West is absurd. We've medicalized the cadaver so fucking hard in the West that many die without touching one, and family has minimal involvement in the funerary preparation. Sex fluids are a greyer area and more of a valid criticism, but that said, I challenge you to talk about the tantric Eucharists among polite company and gauge the reactions...

Back to groups. We have some naming problems as technically speaking there's no such thing as “Buddhist Tantra”. Vajrayana call themselves Vajrayana, Tantrik's a label usually applied internally only in some Saivist sects. Moreover, Vajrayana's not an exclusively Tibetan phenomenon, and the religion really just bleeds all over the place; early Vajrayana tantras claim you can attain using their method, or Saivism, or even Vedic religion. It don't matter as long as you get on it.
>>
>>17388457
Tantra's a fucking huge subject. I don't have individual 'tantra' folders, as they're divided up by faction and sect. Rarely will two groups agree entirely, even inside broad traditions (go on YT and tell me how many *different* instructions you see on the *correct* use of the damaru by valid lineage holders). As such I've got a lot of material that's a bit unorganized. Most of the Eastern folder of my library's devoted to Tantra in some respect. I've things divided into “Saivism”, “Shakta”, “Vajrayana”, “Tibetan” (to emphasize that core vajrayana tantra is pre-Tibetan and that Tibet is not the final word on the practices), “Untranslated”, “Agamas + misc”, and a whole pile of basic foundational material in the overall “Eastern” folder like Kali Kaula or Kiss of the Yogini.

In the last few threads we've had commentary by a practicing Aghori, a Vajrayana, an unidentified but knowledgeable anon, and I generally rep and Aspire to the Kaula.

I dunno if this'll be a fruitful thread, or if it'd even get airtime over on /his/ for that matter.
>>
>>17388447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lGPT2J1cc

I needed to post this because it's the only scientifically proven form of summoning or tulpa creation. Not sure which but it's unexplained to this day and deserves some mention.
>>
File: mbBMhWP.jpg (346KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
mbBMhWP.jpg
346KB, 1200x750px
>>17388527
I always see fedora tipping fuckmouths talking about how religion was developed to control the masses or shunt us off into urban agriculturalism, but that, THAT fucking thing right there is how the Gods are born.

The stories around the campfire get 2reel one day...all else follows naturally. Theophany, cults, ritual, politicization, etc.
>>
>>17388558
> talking about how religion was developed to control the masses or shunt us off into urban agriculturalism

to be fair, they are half right, it was developed in that way, however they conflate 'development' with 'origin' and falsely presume that all faith is nothing BUT a control mechanism.
>>
Any good YouTube videos on the principles of tantra? I'm interested in learning the philosophy behind it though I'd rather watch/listen to something right now over reading about it
>>
Vajryana Buddhism originated in India. Vajrayana Buddhism is a Mahayana Buddhism mixed with Hindu Tantric practices.
>>
>>17388628
Yes, in India before it was adopted in Tibet. Hence 'pre Tibetan'.

>>17388609
I don't know of any as I tend not to scrounge for vids on the subject. Even then the stuff I'm personally interested in is foreign language and from folks of somewhat questionable background, though all I have is the advice of like two trusted pseudo-gurus.
>>
>>17388628
There is also Bon and dzogchen religious traditions sprinkled liberally throughout.
>>
>>17388609
Gnostism touches tantra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vP-GwWBH8
>>
>>17388647
At that point it gets to be a matter of location and timelines. I don't think the SE Asian Vajrayana are doing Bon rites. I could be mistaken.

>>17388652
I'd say Kabbalah, particularly before the Zohar/Luria, touches tantra more directly, but that's just me.
>>
File: Sudalai_madan.jpg (340KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sudalai_madan.jpg
340KB, 1280x960px
Are you familiar with the Kaval Deivam of South India? Not exactly Tantric, but it may spark your interest as well. They are a group of very dark and fierce deities, many of which accept offerings of alcohol, cigarettes, and blood offerings. Sudalai Madan in particular is one of my favorite, being the cannibalistic son of Lord Shiva.
>>
so what exactly is tantra? i hear there's black tantra, gray tanta, and white tanta (which is holy).

Black tantra is when you release your sexual energy externally through ejaculation. White tantra is practicing celibacy and sexual abstinence, and harnessing that sexual energy by transmuting it all throughout your body and the universe.
>>
>>17388671
Can you show me a text these designations are in...?
>>
>>17388663
I was only including Bon and dzogchen as possessing tantric practices, also I remember something about it coming out of wherever Tibetans came from, let's just say Persia for all I was paying attention. I really need to find that book now, shit was heavy. Time to hit up the great library in the sky.
>>
>>17388668
do you have any material on these Kaval Deivam?
>>
>>17388706
Wiki would be a good place to start honestly. This group also had some info on them before their page was taken down

https://web.archive.org/web/20140210111940/http://www.newbiharmandir.org/
>>
>>17388730
>http...

thank you, Ill look into it.
>>
>>17388686
its in this documentary >>17388652
>>
File: Charnel_ground-det.jpg (81KB, 501x399px) Image search: [Google]
Charnel_ground-det.jpg
81KB, 501x399px
>>17388750
Kek, it's a Samael Aun Weor meme.

Yeah, no he's got no idea what he's on about there...goddamnit, Sammy.
>>
In regards to black, gray, white tantra:

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1998/bmar98/tantrad.shtml

>It is a very pure tradition. You see, even in tantra there is the tamasic tantra, there is the rajasic tantra and there is the sattwic tantra. People in society today know the tamasic tantra; that is the mentality of everyone today. Everybody wants to control, to have power, to manipulate other people, to influence other person's attitudes and thoughts. Therefore, in most of the books about tantra which are available in the market you will find the tamasic aspect, which can be and which is equated with magic; sometimes people say black magic, sometimes people say white magic. No matter what it is, it is the tamasic tantra.

>Then there is the rajasic tantra in which the individual, the practitioner is the focus, and in which the practitioner has to control different elements and overcome different instincts and natures. This form of tantra is also known – there are masters who teach it – but this is not the real tantra. The real tantra is the sattwic tantra in which surrender and faith, surrender to the Divine and faith in divinity, play a very important and vital role. What the yoginis practise is sattwic tantra; it is not rajasic or tamasic.

>The sattwic tantra is of the highest category and it has the force, the power to liberate one completely from the cycle of birth and death. Once you become perfect in sattwic tantra there is no return, there is only moksha. The tantric tradition is unique, very beautiful and very systematic. It is very pure, very simple and it develops the nature of innocence. You have to drop the ego completely. You have to let go of your individuality completely in order to identify with the shakti. So it is one of the most difficult of the practices as well.
>>
>>17388447

93 bro
Huh. Picked up Kraig's final book "Modern Tantra" last week and I've been parsing through it.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>17388813
That appears to be a Vaishnavu perspective. I could be wrong. In any case I trust my core texts above most else.

>>17388821
Haven't read it but Kraig's bad about watering shit down.
>>
>>17388834
Much like Modern Magick it's a good introduction to the concepts and mindset as well as some basic devotional rites and shit. I've found it very informative to help kickstart an actual tantric practice rather than being just an armchair.

Is it watered down? Probably, but that's good for someone just starting out. It's also very comprehensive, so it covers many traditions that dovetail easily.

A more serious or advanced practitioner wouldn't need it, but for someone who is interested in learning from someone that's done a lot of work to streamline things, it's great.
>>
>>17388834
from the Sivananda Saraswati line, classical Advaita Vedanta.
>>
>>17388663
>Kabbalah
not to mention ol' sabbatai zevi
>>
>>17388447
I do love your effort posts. Learn something new every-time.
>>17388508
Yeah sorry have done little to no study on the Asia stuff but hoping for some good reading.

>>17388527
This is fun. The amount of time and effort they put into making it a knowable personality is what /x/ always gets wrong with when it wants to some community sigil.

>>17388558
>>17388598
I thought Göbekli Tepe proved it the other way around? That non nomadic civilization sprung up to manage the religion, not that the religion was created as a way to manage the civilization.
>>
>>17388447
>Tantra can loosely be divided into two or three columns: Hindi, Buddhist, and Western bastardization

I like you
>>
Can anyone recommend some non-New Age, non-"Gnostic", non-Theosophical, non-bs videos on Tantra? Thanks
>>
File: 09vcazo.jpg (96KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
09vcazo.jpg
96KB, 500x552px
bump
>>
File: 1285197933713.jpg (45KB, 340x600px) Image search: [Google]
1285197933713.jpg
45KB, 340x600px
One of the best descriptions of and discussions about enlightenment, is a video about deadpool. https://youtu.be/QWdnEVbH49g
>>
Anyone has a clue about how is the Neophyte examination (A∴ A∴ system) in the Four Powers of the Sphinx?
>>
I've heard quite many people claim that Kabbalah traces its roots to Babylonian and/or Egyptian mysticism. Care to shed a light on this, or point me to a book that discusses this. I've also heard that K-bal shares its roots with the Vedic tradition. How much information is there available on the ancient-as-fuck systems, the systems of which people claim many of the newer ones spawned?
>>
>>17390421
re: babylon and egypt
It wouldn't surprise me if this were true. Babylonia was the center of jewish learning from about 500-1000 ce, and jewish intellectuals were always influenced and influencing the cultures they lived in. We do seethe development of what would become the kabbalah from earlier jewish mystical practices if one knows jewish history, but the changes might have been prompted in part by foreign influence.

That having been said, whenever I've seen the claim made that kabbalah traces its roots to babylon or egypt it was made with scanty evidence. Whenever i've actually seen it defended and just passed on as received wisdom, it was by an anti-semite who couldn't reconcile their admiration for kabbalah with their jew-hate, so they created a false account where the jews stole and corrupted ancient knowledge from x group, which they were now going to take back and restore.

Veda's is new to me, don't know how that would have happened but it'd be cool
>>
File: 000-000.png (299KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
000-000.png
299KB, 800x974px
I finally got this done.

Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings (2011)
John Michael Greer

https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
>>
I'm a bit torn between tantric dream wicca and actual tantra. Both are euphoric as fuck, so it's down to the aesthetic.

Should I make my own? I feel like that would open me up to even more spiritual materialism but I don't see how it would be possible to be worse than literally everyone else.
>>
>>17391044
Welcome to the club. I'm looking at Chod going "I can totally rewrite this using Thelema and Chumbley's godforms."

I've at least come to the decision that I'm not much interested in Tibetan Buddhism as a specialization. I'm going to do Chod a few times by the book and probably revise the shit out of it, luckily it's a subset of practices that does not seem averse to theophantic transmission and fresh Gnosis.

I'd like to take more toddling steps than I have with Kaula but I'm almost certain there's no instruction within 400 miles of me.

Sweet, my Phoenix Vessel just got here.
>>
>>17391069
I like that Tibetan Buddhism makes the method abundantly clear, but the rest is a little counterproductive. For me at least. Seriously though, azoetia is just the yogas of dream and sleep mixed with some vadrayana and the serial numbers filed off of Kali. It is the dungeonsynth of vaporwave and I can more easily make my own than understand his.

Fuck instructions. I know enough now to just go in the woods and make the rest up. And there will be metaphorical shota and the cervical cockhead at the center of the toothed voidgina outside all. Time to start capitalizing Words like it's the 17th century again, we're getting atavistic and it's Personal.
>>
File: 1453486231853.jpg (229KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
1453486231853.jpg
229KB, 500x705px
>>17391102
No, I agree, that's why I'm on DBoE. The tantra element there's more obvious if you know how to look; use of the mantic formulae, usage of the kangling, the lustration of the kapala, etc.

Dragon Book covers all the cells in Azoetia, but in ways that I can't draw the connection between them. DB has significantly less of a hypnogogic feel. Takes Azo out of dreamspace and projects it into historical methods I guess.
>>
>>17391119
All this just to meme ourselves free of memes. I just want off the ride.
>>
>>17391127
>I just want off this ride
>LaughingChitipati.gif
>>
>>17391142
I saw these two little post-ironic memesters the night before last while in the depths of nicotine withdrawal. It was like the ghost of 90s futurepast. I heard 80s pop as if under the sea, for I was drowning, drowning in the irony.

The girl led the show and had that look like she'd let me fuck her brother as long as she watched. The boy looked like business dad from the rugrats and seemed terrified by the fire of my vision.

I thought, fuck it, fan the flames. And the there it was. Burn out the meme. Fan the flames into stillbirth. All is but a summer one hit wonder.

And thus I found the unspeakable Key to unlocking the unmoving inner Æsthetica. Something to do with fire and a hell of a lot of shunyata.
>>
File: 1454722933855.png (86KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1454722933855.png
86KB, 890x890px
>>17391162
In the Feast of the Kosher Pig, one casts old beliefs upon the altar of sacrifice, and consumed there by the annihilating fires of love, sparks are seen shed as the klipot shatter under the heat and pressure of Aspiration.

These sparks, the blazing dew of stars, the nectar of amrit in it's spiritual substance, is the object of that Dream Grimoires evokation.

>Don't meme it, dream it
>>
File: 1446579308638.png (7KB, 508x622px) Image search: [Google]
1446579308638.png
7KB, 508x622px
>>17391162
Before then, I never really believed in visions of prophecy or signs. Not much has changed but I'll pretend if it works. The point is, I directly saw the way off the ride while being in the total deepest dankest depths of it. And I wish for all who are capable to get off with me.

>>17391191
That keychain is 3spicy5me. How does chumbley manage to have so much dank wisdom? One day I will have my own grymoire for anons to habeeb, for it is the least I could give the world. It will be the spiciest of keychains.
>>
>>17388508
I would love if you went into the transmission processes of initiation. There is a duality here against the west which many appear to miss, and it's especially significant in terms of hypnosis (but probably not only).

In the West, the shaman/ hypnotist/ magician induces change in the initiate by guiding and manipulating the initiate. (i.e. dualism - initiator initiates externally)

In the East, the shaman/ hypnotist/ magician induces change in the initiate by manipulating his own state. (i.e. monism - initiator initiates internally)

Not sure if I am explaining this well, but it's been on my mind a lot.

>>17388821
>Kraig
Only good in a fireplace, at least you'll get a fraction of your money's worth back.

>>17388848
>Modern Magick
>good introduction
Get. The. Fuck. Out.

>>17390227
I used to know it, can't bring it up from my memory at this time. Been too focused on the other shit.
>>
Anyone hear read the Kularnava Tantra?
>>
>>17391652
Been a few years but yes. I've gone through Kaulajnananirnaya and Matrikabheda Tantra much more recently.
>>
File: Kateri_amman.jpg (49KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
Kateri_amman.jpg
49KB, 453x604px
>>17391662
Surprised you weren't into Sudalai Madan or the Guardian Deities. Thought they would be up your alley, especially as far as Madrasa Hinduism goes.
>>
>>17391669
They are, actually, I just didn't comment.
>>
>>17391678
If you are familiar with the Ramayana, some practitioners in Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka actually venerate Ravana, the demonic King. From a Vaishnava perspective, Ravana, Hiranyakashipu, etc. were actually the gatekeepers of vaikuntha, sent as demons to please Lord Vishnu.
>>
>>17391526
>manipulating his own state. (i.e. monism - initiator initiates internally)

Are you saying that in the east the guru (for example) manipulates the chela by manipulating the state of the guru, whereas in (for instance) a mystery school the initiate is being manipulated by their superior?
>>
>>17391718
Basically.
>>
>>17391789
so in the east, the disciple learns by mimicking the teacher?
>>
>>17391842
I fail to see how you can conclude that from what was said.
>>
>>17391854
You fail to see a lot of things. I would seem to be endemic to your character. Not to mention that the hypnotist regularly reverses his act of modeling the client to put them in a desired state. You're looking for dichotomies that aren't there.
>>
>>17391890
>the hypnotist regularly reverses his act of modeling the client to put them in a desired state
Nerp. Unless you mean mesmerism, in which case that's eastern hypnosis, very literally (James Esdaile is prime proof of that).

Modern hypnosis is a very cause-effect relationship between what the hypnotist guides, and the hypnotee does what they're told to.

On the other hand, hindus work on the reverse principle. The shaman/ tantrik goes into a trance, and thus the patient/ client/ whatever achieves change, via that, rather than from doing anything themselves.
>>
>>17388447
>Solomon the King
So are you like, Jewish or something?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 188x268px
>>17391909
In general counselling, which I am most familiar with, at least the way I learned it from my mentor, you model the client to build rapport and better understand their mental state, then reverse the polarity and have them model you, consciously or not. In all cases it is a conversation where you understand by example and lead in the same manner. You always seem to miss that everything is a conversation. There is give and take, not tell and pic related. I feel so sorry for your girlfriend.
>>
>>17391932
Nope, it's a (American, I fucking guess) Freemasonic reference, also to a series of articles in which Aleister Crowley first leaked the rituals for the Golden Dawn.
>>
>>17391944

>In general counselling, which I am most familiar with, at least the way I learned it from my mentor, you model the client to build rapport and better understand their mental state,

Modeling is an NLP concept, not a hypnosis one. Just so we're clear.

Secondly, understanding their mental state is entirely irrelevant to clinical hypnosis as such. It's enough that you *know* what they tell you.

>then reverse the polarity and have them model you, consciously or not.

Which can work, however it isn't in any way hypnotic. You're basically teaching them by example at that point.

>In all cases it is a conversation where you understand by example and lead in the same manner.

Nope. Not in all cases, at least insofar as we're still talking about hypnosis.

>You always seem to miss that everything is a conversation.

Not everything is a conversation. Learn what words mean. The word you most likely wished to use is "communication", which is drastically different in meaning than the one you used.

>There is give and take, not tell and pic related. I feel so sorry for your girlfriend.

Why so? She's more than happy with how things are going.
>>
>>17391962
Clinical hypnosis is such a small subset of therapy that I don't know how you can even begin to distill the vastness of mysticism and esoterica into it. How can all of the occult be hypnotism when it is so much more often closer to other forms of therapy and education? Make up your mind. Your logical leaps and generalizations are everywhere and it's impossible to follow what you mean because you seem allergic to learning anything you don't already agree with. You're like the Christian who jacks off to his own parables but is suddenly unable to conceptualize that anyone else ins speaking in metaphor, or the atheist who has made himself autistic to all metaphor that doesn't dribble from Dawkins, or the psychologist who is incapable of understanding the healer.
>>
>>17392033
>Clinical hypnosis is such a small subset of therapy that I don't know how you can even begin to distill the vastness of mysticism and esoterica into it.

Very easily.

>How can all of the occult be hypnotism

That's not the claim. The claim is that hypnosis (as defined by Elman, which is the commonly accepted definition in the best hypnosis communities), is the mechanism which takes place in the practice of philosophy, i.e. ritual, yoga, tantra, and all the rest.

>when it is so much more often closer to other forms of therapy and education?

Just because you see links between symbols and their relationships doesn't mean that those symbols do any amount of work. They're symbols. They can be substituted. The core mechanism cannot.

I very highly recommend cross-referencing Victor Turner's work, especially regarding the concept of "liminality", hypnosis, and Chaos Magic (re: suspension of disbelief, forgetting).

>Make up your mind. Your logical leaps and generalizations are everywhere and it's impossible to follow what you mean because you seem allergic to learning anything you don't already agree with.

I am never generalizing. If you see a leap of logic, point it out. I'll gladly elaborate on whatever you have issues understanding.

>You're like the Christian who jacks off to his own parables but is suddenly unable to conceptualize that anyone else ins speaking in metaphor, or the atheist who has made himself autistic to all metaphor that doesn't dribble from Dawkins, or the psychologist who is incapable of understanding the healer.

Except I am always explicitly literal. If you don't get what I am saying, use a dictionary. There's no need for metaphor when we have literally thousands of words at our disposal.
>>
I guess you guys got that a lot, but could you tell me a good book to get introduced in the history of magick? World magick is preferable, but I could do well with western magick.
>>
>>17391854
Well, I figured teaching was a former of manipulation, and that the student must learn to manipulate their own state somehow or their would be no more guru's after the first generation (unless having a guru is incidental to becoming one, but i know that lineage is very important in the east). If they learn from the guru but the guru doesn't teach them, the likeliest way is by watching the guru and doing as they do.
>>
>>17392318
not a book, but this is great

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFFD1C791A86FB485

it's the lectures from a ucla course on the history of magic
>>
>>17392445
Yay was looking for some new things to listen to. She looks spoopy
>>
>>17392445
Ahh damn it she's a witch and she doesn't know how to use a microphone. ah well I got nothing better going on tonight.
>>
>>17388447
/x/ would be nothing without you ape. Thanks
>>
>>17388447

Hi ! I am having some success in finding the island of jewels. Thanks ape for the books.
>>
>>17388447
Let me ask you something.
>These scriptures are often full of hidden meanings in 'twilight language' that can only be explained via 'oral transmission', though if you're exceedingly clever, the essence of tantra becomes quickly apparent, though full revelation only comes through lineal transmission, much to our misfortune

How much of this sounds like alchemy? Now, imagine I am an alchemist, and I am telling you this is simply the true meditation.
>>
>>17392060
>Very easily.
What did Freud say? Psychoanalysis is healing through love?

>is the mechanism which takes place in the practice of philosophy, i.e. ritual, yoga, tantra, and all the rest.

On a micro level yes, on the macro level you have something more akin to meditation/tantra.

>"liminality", hypnosis, and Chaos Magic (re: suspension of disbelief, forgetting).

The language here confirms what I said above.
>>
>>17392440
Manipulation of self with a side-effect of affecting the student, yes, in this case.

>>17394379
>Psychoanalysis is healing through love?
Psychoanalysis is Freud's failure of a child after he stopped using hypnosis due to the publication of "Trilby".

>On a micro level yes, on the macro level you have something more akin to meditation/tantra.
Meditation = self-hypnosis. Research unequivocally shows that. Tantra involves all sorts of ways to achieve that state.

>The language here confirms what I said above.
Except it doesn't. You're generalizing far too much.

Unless you see a clear divide between micro and macro. I don't.
>>
>>17394426
>Psychoanalysis is Freud's failure of a child after he stopped using hypnosis due to the publication of "Trilby".

I was actually supporting your claim distilling the vastness of mysticism and esoterica. I never said Freud was the pinnacle.

>Meditation = self-hypnosis. Research unequivocally shows that. Tantra involves all sorts of ways to achieve that state.

In a sense yes, but also no. Reducing it to a single point on the level you are comfortable with does not a complete perspective make.

>Except it doesn't. You're generalizing far too much.

I am not generalizing, I am anticipating resistance , and not explaining myself. If I told you about the macro level, and explained how those three notions correspond to something more, what would you do with it? Reduce it back to what you are comfortable with? Then the knowledge is lost. This way, if you go looking for it, you still have a chance to find it.

>Unless you see a clear divide between micro and macro. I don't.

I do and I don't. It is a tool, they are separate and they are not. They are not completely reducible or irreducible to each other,
>>
>>17394456
>I was actually supporting your claim distilling the vastness of mysticism and esoterica.

I don't believe that love has anything to do with healing tbqh familia.

>but also no.

How so? fMRI's show that they are indeed almost identical.

>Reducing it to a single point on the level you are comfortable with does not a complete perspective make.

Reducing it to a single point which is functionally identical, if not superior, to having multiple points, does have its merits, however.

>If I told you about the macro level, and explained how those three notions correspond to something more, what would you do with it?

Acknowledge what you said and then test it, find a way of simplifying each complexity into something *useful*.
>>
>>17394462
>I don't believe that love has anything to do with healing tbqh familia.

I do not either, but that is an insight in its own right. Better not to announce the poison when you're offering the uninitiated a drink.

>How so? fMRI's show that they are indeed almost identical.
An fMRI will show you that brain looks almost identical during masturbation and during sex, but any 14 year old boy can tell you they are not the same. A machine can only measure what it does.

>Reducing it to a single point which is functionally identical, if not superior, to having multiple points, does have its merits, however.
When you limit the function, a single well placed point serves that function better, I wont argue the merits. You have your level of analysis, and there is nothing wrong it. Just doing my brotherly duty and reminding you there is something more.

>Acknowledge what you said and then test it, find a way of simplifying each complexity into something *useful*.

And what if what emerges from the complexity is useful in a way which you do not yet comprehend? For those of us in the uncharted zones, fashioning tools that are useful by today's standard can leave you very unprepared for tomorrow. Not a luxury everyone can afford.
>>
How would you describe some enlightened Ipsissimus buddhaguru in psychological terms? None of that ordinary 'its beyond words mang', but what actually could be happening in that dudes head. Any ideas?
>>
>>17394493
Madness? Delusion? Is there even such a thing as Ipsissimus?
>>
>>17394492
>Better not to announce the poison when you're offering the uninitiated a drink.

Even better, announce it as medicine, and their immune system will work better against it.

>fMRI
Fair enough.

>And what if what emerges from the complexity is useful in a way which you do not yet comprehend?

Then I remain with that complexity until I comprehend it.

Simplification comes from understanding.

>>17394493
Absolute personal integration and coherence.
>>
>>17394534
>Even better, announce it as medicine, and their immune system will work better against it.
Medicine and Poison, it is the same bitter draught, a good doctor knows that nobody will willingly take it if you don't hide the taste.

>Simplification comes from understanding.
Does it? Or is this just a justification for reduction back to comfort? Understanding is snake eating its own tail.
>>
>>17394579
>Does it? Or is this just a justification for reduction back to comfort? Understanding is snake eating its own tail.

How can you properly abstract without having an understanding of the object/ process/ topic?
>>
>>17394582
Can you properly abstract?
>Its power is perfected. If it is turned into earth,
>>
>>17391526
About the Four Powers of the Sphinx... doesn´t matter if you don´t remember them exactly, but what kind of test is like? I mean, it says "practical", how are that tests arranged? Thanks.
>>
>>17394866
Ahh, you mean the tests. It's up to the instructor, there are very few that have been standarized.
>>
>>17394871
Can you describe a few? Being things so subtle and relative, I´m very curious how can that be tested academically.
>>
>>17394895
Basically you get to know things from the record.
Does the student exhibit traits?
>Will
>Knowledge
>Courage
>Silence (ability to say things when appropriate, and to keep secrets should the need be, but also calmness of mind)

>academically
No such thing. It's all a judgment call from the instructor.
>>
>>17394901
>>17394895
>>17391526

Academia is full of people of varying competence, who are testing and guiding people along the path of initiation. The process is essentially education, and there is no formal initiation, so you have educators who do not even know that they are doing it, and who are parroting without any understanding or awareness of what they were taught .

The whole thing is basically merit based, and the failures keep the system alive to keep initiation available to the greatest number possible.
>>
>>17391909
Mesmerism is eastern? I had always assumed it was based on a german guy and his study of animal magnetism?
>>
>>17394901
Ok that makes sense, thanks for clarification. At first it seemed to me that, the way it comes described in AA instructions texts, it was more like a definite test of some kind.

>>17394936
I was not refering to "academically" in that sense, but in the sense of a definite or systematic test etc.
>>
>>17394958
>I was not refering to "academically" in that sense, but in the sense of a definite or systematic test etc.

Oh, I know, was just sharing as part of the longer context of initiation.
>>
>>17394936
>the failures keep the system alive to keep initiation available to the greatest number possible.

I would disagree. The failures are what is killing initiation. If I had settled for what was presented to me, instead of requiring ever higher standards of teaching, I would be as ignorant of fundamental concepts as PJR, MK, BB, JDG, and others of their sort are.

>>17394937
It's eastern in the sense that Hindus have been doing the exact same thing for millenia before Mesmer caught on. James Esdaile learned how to do it in India, and used it for anesthesia throughout his career.
>>
What happens to someone whose soul was traded to another person, who sold it to satan? If you have no soul, you can never leave hell? Do you even get to exist in hell, or are you trapped inside of something with a bunch of other people's souls?
>>
>>17394963
>The failures are what is killing initiation.
Could you elaborate?

From my perspective, the failures play no part in an initiation that could not complete. If you were to ask me initiated into what I could not give you an answer outside of a certain level of attainment reserved for the few. Anybody within a society or organization who met this standard would more than likely be unknown outside of said organization/society, so the tendency is to look down on them as a whole.
>>
>>17394975
There is an insight behind the idea of selling your soul to satan, and being trapped in Hell, which you do not understand. That being said, if you were in a position to lose said soul and get trapped in hell permanently, you would understand.

Your soul is your own to lose.
>>
>>17394991
what do you mean an insight? I feel like you didn't answer my post at all
>>
>>17394982
>Could you elaborate?

Those who present themselves as teachers, initiators, holders of gnosis, more often than not, are little more than ignorant frauds.

Initiation cannot even start until a certain degree of honesty appears; to demand the student study a book or write something is fine, however it's not fine when the student is automatically required to buy into the partyline of "this master is THE master and we'll all attain when he tells us".

An honest seeker might just be taken in by those exploitative, abusive people, should he not have the strength of character to actually, directly question their motives and knowledge.
>>
>>17394997
>Those who present themselves as teachers, initiators, holders of gnosis, more often than not, are little more than ignorant frauds.

As has been the case throughout history.

>Initiation cannot even start until a certain degree of honesty appears; to demand the student study a book or write something is fine, however it's not fine when the student is automatically required to buy into the partyline of "this master is THE master and we'll all attain when he tells us".

The whole idea of a master ( master of what?) or making demands of the student is absurd. Being unfamiliar with this practice, it may be some kind of test in itself. Do what though wilt kind of thing.

>An honest seeker might just be taken in by those exploitative, abusive people, should he not have the strength of character to actually, directly question their motives and knowledge.

While I would never do it myself, I dont have any problem with it. If you can be manipulated and kept down by others, you stand no chance of making it on your own. If this person got turned away, and did not give up pursuing initiation, the texts would manipulate them into that schizophrenic false understanding that anybody who has been around long enough has witnessed. At least if a person keeps them around, something is tethering them to reality, while the seeker either learns to resist the manipulation or realizes that the pursuit was just never for them.
>>
>>17394975
this is very important. can anybody tell me anything?
>>
>>17394995
My answer was don't worry about it.
>>
>>17395021
>Being unfamiliar with this practice, it may be some kind of test in itself.

I failed every time by refusing to comply. Do you see a pattern here?
>>
>>17395026
i dont understand, please..
>>
>>17395043
> Do you see a pattern here?
Actually yeah, I was coming at it from the perspective of my tradition, where if you lack the aptitude you're simply out of luck, no need for compliance.

The assumption here is that the seeker can't do it on their own. It's formal training for failures by failures, and it relies on strict observance of the rites and an intense study of a particular body of knowledge.

>Many are the wand bearers, but few are the true bacchanals.

I'm sure the practice has allowed many a tradition to survive generations of no real initiates.
>>
I need a word for a verbal (as in verb) process that can also be nominalized in a manner that isn't disgusting and hamfisted. The verbal process is ultimately illusory and in no way the thing itself. It is a parasitic representational map that survives and sticks around by being either, catchy, useful, entertaining, or a whiny bastard.

Meme has been memed up too much and is now too loaded and not quite broad enough a word for the porpoises I intend.
>>
>>17395048
Why are you worried about something you don't understand? You are worried about nothing, and giving you the details of a cause for worry which does not apply to your situation would only serve to legitimize your irrational fear.

I am telling you that everything is fine and you have nothing to worry about, which is all you need to know.
>>
>>17395090
Yup. That's the whole problem. Not to mention the apparent close-mindedness of some "masters". Like recently Rovelli attributed "know thyself" to Hermes Trismegistus.

I don't even. How can a person who claims mastership be so ignorant of the very foundations of their own philosophy?
>>
>>17395095
>>17395095

im asking about a person who has given up their soul to another human, and that human turned and sold it to satan for power. what happens to the soulless person?
>>
>>17395100
You sell your soul every time you act in His image, or anyone's will really, though you know better. It is your choice to be swayed by it.

I see the problem here and why anon didn't bother to explain anything. You have a child's autistically literal understanding and limited understanding of the subject at hand. Don't worry about it. Just make damn sure the things you chose to be swayed by are worth it to you and not some illusory part of the meme they are selling.
>>
>>17395092
Meme.
>>
>>17395096
Well, we can all be close-minded at times, the issue is why, and that requires self-knowledge, which is beyond more than a few.

> Rovelli attributed "know thyself" to Hermes Trismegistus.

Was there a reason or a lesson behind it? Hermes was responsible for Delphi before Apollo, so I can see the nonsensical hoops that would allow someone to get there in order to make a point.

>>17395119

Not like you really know what you are talking about either
>>
>>17395092
If you want 'subtle spiritual nature becoming a thing', I like hypostasis.
>>
>>17395132
I want a name that highlights and reinforces it's entirely illusory nature. Not that it isn't real, but that it is really an illusion. I considered Seem and seeming, but the nominalization rustles my seems and makes me think of threads and stitching chich makes me think of oogie boogie from nightmare before Christmas because everything is memes. It's a clusterfuck of spooks waiting to be triggered to prevent their own extinction.

Spooks are a bit spooky but get the feel across. What was Schopenhauer's word? I can't find my e reader and have yet to crack into the World as Will &c.
>>
>>17395152
>clusterfuck of spooks
Stirner, pls.

Spooks are, in fact, spooks, being simply an apragmatic utilitarian categorization, as arbitrary as any other label the spookmeisters criticize.

FWIW I bet the word you want is in Hinduism somewhere.
>>
>>17395160
It's in buddhism, but I didn't like it. Skandhas. Aggregates. Piles. I want to night their more undead nature. Their viral quality. They aren't alive but act like it and killed as though they were.
>>
>>17395160
Also meme is a meme is all your saying, but what I want from the word is to use certain memetic qualities to free one from memes. It's part of building a grammarie to make incantations for unbinding. From skandhas. If I called them bunnies, one would cling to them. If I call them memes, they are disregarded. Aggregates isn't sufficiently loaded with antimeme properties. Spook is a much more human understanding of their nature.
>>
>>17395131
>Was there a reason or a lesson behind it?
"Thelema".

>>17395169
Memes.
>>
>>17395164
>>17395169
Holy fuck typing on a tablet has turned me into a nigger. Time to go order a power jack and make right my spelling and general ability to communicate.
>>
>>17395152
Gnostic secretly means what you are looking for.
>>
>>17395206
I'm looking for a word that describes the opposite of gnosis, the clouds that obscure the nature of the sky. The weather.
>>
File: 1454728785436.jpg (1MB, 1210x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1454728785436.jpg
1MB, 1210x1800px
>>17395210
>All visualization is imagination
>All imagination is as appearance or emptiness.
>Without attachment to appearance or emptiness.
>Rest without fixation or focus.

>Death and no death these are also imagined.
>In the expanse of equality there is neither death nor no death.
>The same with light and dark and gods and demons.
>The expanse of equality is all there is.
>I have never seen a single thing that's real.
>>
>>17395210
That is what it means, it was a pejorative
>>
>>17395221
Does it now? Cool. I've been so deep in etymology my kenning goes straight to its root as dhyana.
>>
>>17388447
any good english sources on milarepa as a magician?
>>
>>17395220
Turns out the word was Maya or Mara. Illusion.
>>
>>17395220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJqFc-wRhw
>>
Open question to all:
What's your favorite way to banish? Do you have any personal anchor or ritual?
>>
>>17395496
I incant the words "coffee and a chicken biscuit" and as they banish all things from my bowels, so to do they banish all things from my working space.
>>
>>17395210
Gnosis = knowledge.
Opposite of knowledge = ignorance.

There. Done.

>>17395466
Illusion isn't the opposite of knowledge.
>>
>>17395760
Steak biscuit and a cup of coffee.
>>
So, which gods can you find in the Goetia?
I was once told on /x/ that the slavic Veles is there, but (name-wise) several fit the bill and I didn't try to find him much longer then. I wonder if his opponent, Perun, could be found there too.
>>
>>17395466
Oh boy, you're going to have a bad time.

>>17395760
What is that stupid thing Socrates says that ends Meno? They did not call themselves gnostics, it was a pejorative in a Greek dominated culture . It meant they were crazy.
>>
Let's take your average love or money spell.

I have a vague idea about how a voodooist would go about it. Same for a wiccan, a slavic neopagan, even some types of chinese witches.

But what would a kabbalist do? What is their approach to practical, worldly, goal-oriented magic? What are their tools?
>>
>>17398809
Depends on the flavor of Kabbalist.

Hermetic Kabbalist is going to work as any other high ritualist. Christian Qabbalist is just as likely to pray about it as anything else. Sounds like a goal beneath the traditional Hebrew contemplative, but I imagine they'd use some kind of contemplative method to break down either 'money' or the object of their desire while in meditation as it's constituent letters. Each letter of the word will have value and esoteric meaning, continue contemplation until you get a revelation about the way to go about getting the thing you want.

THAT SAID, Middle Kabbalah for Hebrews was sorta grimoire oriented anyhow, so you might have something from Sefer Raziel or any other ritual text.

I'm sure there are also a dozen talismanic folklore things that get done in all sects that I don't have details on.
>>
>>17398841
So Hermetic Kabbalist will call upon Angels of God in high-drama ceremonies?

Also what is "Middle Kabbalah for Hebrews" beside the title of a book not yet written?
>>
>>17398841
>money spell
>beneath the traditional Hebrew contemplative

hahahahahahaha
>>
>>17398865
The material between the collapse of the Hekhalot tradition and the rise of Hermetic Kabbalah, so things like the commentary on the Zohar and using various grimoires to suppliment your work.

And RE: Hermetic Kabbalist ritual, mostly, but again it depends on the flavor...Golden Dawn/Thelema might be drawing on godnames or angels, or planetary spirits or even individual stars. In general, though, yeah, these guys are the ritualists; for money I'd...hm, I'm not sure. I'd be most likely to tie to Chesed/Jupiter without any more thought than 'give monies plx', but that could probably bounce around between Gevurah/Mars, Hod/Mercury, and Tifaret/Sol to an extent depending on details.
>>17398880
IJS, a practitioner of Iyuun's going to be more like a yogi than a sorcerer or priest.
>>
File: dontknowwhereyourmoneyswent.jpg (88KB, 677x995px) Image search: [Google]
dontknowwhereyourmoneyswent.jpg
88KB, 677x995px
>>17398900
>>
>>17398900
Thanks for the explanations. I still don't quite get what/who hides behind the Sephirot/ToL, but I guess some things have to be experienced first hand.
>>
File: 1447617298035.jpg (158KB, 822x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1447617298035.jpg
158KB, 822x1094px
>>17398916
I think I deleted all my happy merchants.
>>
>>17398900
>dubs
many kinds of wealth, if you want actual cold hard cash or stones you should ask at malkuth, if you want to be better at your trade you should try hod, if you want adornment or gems you should try at netzach, above there I wouldn't go asking for overly materialistic things.
>>
>>17398957
Gevurah to conquer and take by force. Chesed to bring the thing into your grasp by skillful expansion of the previous spheres.

Then you could also tie to associated metals, silver at Iesod, gold at Tifaret, etc., etc., etc.
>>
>>17398957
>above there I wouldn't go asking for overly materialistic things
I always thought of saturnian influence as chthonic and very "physical" so to speak.

Also isn't is associated with gems, precious metals and ores, all sources of wealth?
>>
>>17398976
Binah is conceptual though, for me at least it's always seemed one of the pure mind temples. not meaning to argue, but I've never gotten that impression from it. I'm not sure where the wealth association comes from, I'd be a little surprised to see someone claim material avarice is a benefit of saturn but my knowledge is by no mean comprehensive.

>>17398972
Both are in between da'at and tiphareth, they are the king and queen of the actual. I've found those two best used in governance of the lower spheres, rather than as specific goals of themselves.
>>
>>17399007
>I'd be a little surprised to see someone claim material avarice is a benefit of saturn but my knowledge is by no mean comprehensive.
That would highly depend on the context. Someone might be "trapped" in that avarice, or using it to repress emotions.
>>
>>17399007
>I: Saturn
>You: Binah
I guess that's where the ToL and grimoires à la Agrippa part ways, then.
>>
File: 1392661023975.gif (937KB, 500x179px) Image search: [Google]
1392661023975.gif
937KB, 500x179px
Do demons or high dimensional entities actually exist? If so, are some of them friendly? If so, how can I befriend one?

Also, is sexual energy really that essential in spirituality? I usually try to ignore such thoughts and remove myself from sexuality all together. But this morning after some "activities" I had a buzz for a little while in which I then decided to just accept it, to embrace the fact that such desires were a part of my being. I now feel powerful, the kind of power and control that I had actually hoped to achieve through abstinence.
>>
>>17399325
>Do demons or high dimensional entities actually exist?
Maybe.

Really everything in your question can be answered by starting on a given practice and experimenting for yourself.
>>
>>17399036
Which one did you mean by saturn? As I said my knowledge isn't extensive.
>>
>>17400276
Saturn = Binah in terms of WMT.

Binah = sum total of all memory in terms of the Psych Model.
>>
So, being Jewish, I don't have to do much other than not fuck up by succumbing to Jewishness as my people regularly do. Let me let you in on a little secret most of you already know, just to uphold what I said earlier. The new age keeps any inquiring mind distracted by obvious bullshit presented as an irresistible puzzle. That way all the sheep have no shepherd, just a slaughterhouse. By demonizing or trivializing any movement with any positive value, it serves to make a joke by proxy the things they uphold that are actually good, like strong values and community that means something other than a place to not hear any opposition. Not saying don't waste your time, but don't waste your time. Use it wisely.
>>
File: 1456158713136.jpg (49KB, 470x684px) Image search: [Google]
1456158713136.jpg
49KB, 470x684px
>>17400330
>new age
Well, good thing my library's mostly comprised of grimoires, religious source material, and academia.

Thanks for the advice, my Chosen friend.
>>
>>17399325
>Also, is sexual energy really that essential in spirituality?

It probably isn't essential but it seems like you view it negatively. Getting rid of those negative feelings associated with sex would probably help you a lot.
>>
>>17400352
On the note of academia, have there been any studies on religious/ shamanic ritual and it's purely psychological influence on participants?

That would seem like a most reasonable field of research, however I can't seem to find anything like that in the MEGA.
>>
>>17400396
In the AA>Philosophy folder, I've got...
>Principles of Neurotheology
^Doesn't lean on a particular tradition, mostly concerned with mechanistic explanations.

Then in the Kabbalah folder I've got:
>Kabbalah: A Neurocognitive Approach

I should track down the yogic psych. material too, but honestly I feel like Neurotheology covers most of the ground I want covered.
>>
>>17400352
You get it then. Most everything else is con artists trying to make a quick buck and feed their massive egos like most of my family do. Not that there isn't value, but the puzzles and riddles are the oldest trick in the book for keeping kids busy while the adults are talking about the real thing.
>>
File: dcs161.jpg (280KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dcs161.jpg
280KB, 960x960px
>>17400428
What's your favorite piece of Hebrew mysticism?
>>
>>17390525
>Oh vey, doesnt recognize the glory of jews he is antisemitic.

are you jews really this self absorved or it is just some kind of community sarcasm you jews play?
>>
>>17400435
Dialectics. You have never seen the line between truth and lies blur into nothing unless you've watched a proper family argument. It's my uncle's specialty. Jon Stewart is like a 3 out of 10 when it comes to rhetorically shaping reality with the power of Word, but it doesn't take much to sway teenage stoners.
>>
File: psychohazard.png (44KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
psychohazard.png
44KB, 500x708px
>>17400410
tyvm

>>17400476
>proper family argument
Feels.
pic related
>>
>>17400476
>Dialectics
Neither Chalybäus nor Hegel were Jewish. Hell, the method can be said to be Platonic even if they weren't using that exact word...remember the comment on Orphic slime in Republic?

>>17400486
^That.
>>
>>17388558
How fucking high were you were when you posted this?
>>
File: goldregardie.jpg (35KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
goldregardie.jpg
35KB, 333x500px
>>17400592
Couple things:
Where tha FUC do you get all the art you post you meme lovin fucc?

Tl;dr the Chumbley material for me.

And does anyone have this book:
amazon.com/Gold-Israel-Regardies-Lost-Alchemy/dp/0738740721/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1456450829&sr=8-12
>>
>>17400476
> the line between truth and lies blur into nothing

hey, it's occultism! sup darkness persons. how's the darkness? seems dark. maya maya dark. even the light in here is dark! crazy dark friends, crazy crazy! don't like the light, no no! run, hide, no see nothing, understand, what? imagination, smoke, fantasy, speculations, thrills, chills, vapor, dust, nothing! only hate the light! hate hate hate! so crazy! ok bye!
>>
>>17388558
So basically the whole existence thing as a thoughtform, and magic is imagination plus willpower.
>>
>>17401641
*belief ;)
>>
>>17400435
not him, but azriel of gerona is pretty great, so are his more famous teacher and student but his writing on contemplation really speak to me and i think are more accesible because of his knowledge of nonjewish philosophy and his not hiding his meaning from the normals
>>
Why do the hebrew kabbalists seem to associate the phallus with yesod and the hermeticists associate the phallus with tiferet or chokmah?
>>
>>17401727
Sex as a lunar act, also more leaning on the idea that Malkut's not REALLY a sefira, like Da'ath's not REALLY a sefira either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrcTsxs-anU
>>
>>17388447
Slow thread this time.
>>
>>17402189
Yeah, we have an actual topic this time.
>>
Is chaos magic just tantra for dummies? I mean, the whole focus of excitatory gnosis and drugs and sex and transgressive beliefs seem very tantric to me.
>>
>>17402271
Tantra doesn't seem to be well understood. For most of the western world tantra just brings up thoughts of Paul FInch nutting on a houseplant.

I was having a good time in the moore thread. Who's you're favorite occult inspired artist?
>>
>>17402297
Borges if he counts, Morrison if not
>>
>>17402281
No.

>>17402297
It's really really REALLY hard not to be in awe of Michael DeWitt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlmJ0Zhhiqc

Then of course we've got these cats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S74hBpQZ6LU

>>17402310
>Borges
Absolutely he fuckin' counts.
>>
>>17402310
Agreed that he counts. But which morrison?

>>17402315
never heard of them before but I can dig it. Dewitt sounds kind of discordant which I can relate, and Secret chiefs seems lost halfway between few jokes but got a nice jam shesh vibe.
>>
>>17402297
Anyone reading Providence? A good deal of interesting shit their for occultists and/or love craft fans. Interesting stuff for everyone else too
>>
>>17402328
Meant grant Morrison, Toni morrison's better and wrote a ghost story but calling her an occult artist is probably a stretch
>>
>>17402331
Who's it by? and got a scan?

>>17402337
>googles
>disinfo noooooooooooooooo!
I've hear a lecture or two from him in the past, not my cup of tea but he seems to be enjoying himself. And still a few levels above morrissey.
>>
>>17388447
where would i get a top/shirt like his what would it be called, they look super comfy for some nice indoor pijamas
>>
>>17402357
>>17402357
better and wrote a ghost story but calling her an occult artist is probably a stretch

Much better at fiction then nonfiction, hearing him speak is no substitute for reading the invisibles. You can download and read the first issue in far less time than it'd take to
Listen to a lecture of that interests you.

Did you end up listening to the history of magic lectures?
>>
>>17402386
Started too, and plan on returning to listen some more. Though I fear me and the witch may have some incontrovertible differences in worldview.
>>
>>17402357
>>17402413
Well, shoot, is there anyone in the world that isn't true of?
>>
>>17402368

The whole set is called pyjama kurta in india
>>
>>17401727
I would tend to agree more with the former in the psych model.

>>17402281
I would say it's quite close in the mechanisms it relies on, but it's also more coherent as a framework for changework.
>>
>>17398841
With which of this flavours of kabbalah does GD associate?
>>
>>17388652

>Samael Aum Weor
>Gnosticism

Come on senpai
>>
how can somebody find out if they have received the mark of the beast?
>>
>>17403431
I dunno, are you a beast yet?
>>
>>17403431
Pretty sure you ain't got it unless your initiator branded it onto your neck, chest, and hand.
>>
>>17403463
What about the one on the forehead.
>>
>>17403463
possibly as a histamine tattoo that is invisible?
>>
>To fight the abyss… one must to know it
>>
File: I TOLD YOU DOG.jpg (26KB, 414x264px) Image search: [Google]
I TOLD YOU DOG.jpg
26KB, 414x264px
>>17403431
Facebook accunt.
>>
>>17388447
all this hindoo magic and these shitskins cant even learn to shit anywhere other than the street

cast a sanitation spell you roleplaying autistic beta incel niggers

t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>17403952
Goodness, that's a whole lot of shitposting. Maybe the folks in and around the Ganges valley ain't the only ones who need to take their poo to the loo:
>>>/pol/
>>
>>17403952
Stfu cumskin
>>
>>17402513
thank you very much
>>
>>17404303
You may want to grab a dhoti while you're at it. You can do a tilaka with some ash and red paste of some kind.
>>
>>17403952
is that the only thing you can relate to hindu/india is shitting in the street, damn read a fuckin book
>>
>>17404320
thanks for the reccomendation, i dont thinik i could pull off a dhoti,
>>
File: mumm-ra.jpg (84KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
mumm-ra.jpg
84KB, 300x250px
>Stretch unto me your hands, O ye dwellers in the centre. For I am transformed to a God in your midst.

So many keks
>>
File: 1352762041065s.jpg (9KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1352762041065s.jpg
9KB, 250x222px
>>17404525
POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
>>17404864

How retarded are you?
>>
File: jWfVv9X.jpg (54KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
jWfVv9X.jpg
54KB, 720x720px
bump
>>
>>17406463

Hi cutie. Do you know anything about yoni mudra ?
>>
hey memesters, faggots and all of you anons, opinions on Psycho-Cybernetics written by Maxwell Maltz?
>>
>>17406577
Magic isn't real.
>>
>>17406637
I asked about opinions on the book, not for unfunny, untrue memes.
>>
>>17406577
Don't think I've flipped through it.

>>17406637
'Erry thread.

>>17406647
I ain't got none.
>>
>>17406637
Me LOL
>>
File: sound.jpg (164KB, 818x801px) Image search: [Google]
sound.jpg
164KB, 818x801px
>>17406820

Rate my routine based Frater. So i ditched the booze and the weed completely in preparation for the sacrifice season/spring equinox. Had a few slips with the wank, but what are you gonna do, right? Today i'm finishing the last of my tobacco and this time i'm keeping my libido in check.

I’m dedicating this thing to IAO as embodied by Sol, and asking him to lend me some power and guidance in my ongoing endeavor of transforming myself into a man I actually want to be. I’m doubling down on Kriyas to distance myself from the old false self I seek to discard, and make something new instead, or even let the True Self come forward if I should receive such grace.

Of course I’m extending meditations on the IAO mantra too. So it will go like this.

March 1 – cutting out meat from the diet.

March 19/21 – Beginning of the sacrifice season/Spring Equinox, ritual consuming of meat, bread and wine, with a sex act to top it off. Focusing on IAO mantra upon release.
Then up to May 1 it’s abstination again, with repeating the previous step as a closing of the Sacrifice Season.

Is this good? I'm really ready to do it, and if everything goes my way, some legit entheogens will get in the mix at some point.
>>
>>17407620
>, or even let the True Self come forward if I should receive such grace.
Man this is *truly* sad to read. You are already you, now you can cut this or add that, it's not gonna make you more you or less you.
>>
>>17407643

"I" am now a rigid amalgamation of memes built through repetition and misinterpreted assumptions.
>>
>>17407663
Ain't that a blast
>>
Does anybody know a thing or 2 about native american spirituality? Like, do they have demons that they can summon and things like that? Are they more or less powerful than goetic demons?
>>
File: don.jpg (116KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
116KB, 480x325px
>>17403958
>>17404055
>>17404525
lmao butthurt SJWs and shitskin hindoo niggers

lmfao lrn2pooinloo u subhumans, average hindoo IQ is under 80. not fully human in my book

14/88
>>
>>17408042
>wanting to discuss a topic in a remotely serious manner makes me an SJW/shitskin
K.

>>17407882
Depends on the tribe, really, but there's little resembling Lemegeton. My best advice is to get journal proxy access through a local university and look up various Anthro articles.
>>
>>17408042
>implying Hitler and Himmler didn't read the gita

Faggot
>>
This may sound retarded as fuck, but it's a serious question. Is there any type of ritual or whatever that requires sperm?
>>
>>17408349
Tons.
>>
>>17408440
Seriously? What kind?
>>
File: 634bc2a78c332612854c55a940e58c1d.jpg (490KB, 1508x1056px) Image search: [Google]
634bc2a78c332612854c55a940e58c1d.jpg
490KB, 1508x1056px
>>17408440
Kenya dump some occult artwork? Lookin for sum nice uns
>>
>>17408443
Hevajra Tantra, Kalachakra Tantra (upper degrees), Tantraloka, Candamaharosana Tantra, Star Sapphire, Liber Stellae Rubae, Grimorium Sanctissimum, Abul-Diz, Amalantrah, Opus Lutetianum, Bartzabel, etc., etc., etc.

>>17408552
I got nothin' new.
>>
File: VMFA_91-509_v1_TF_x-923x1024.jpg (419KB, 923x1024px) Image search: [Google]
VMFA_91-509_v1_TF_x-923x1024.jpg
419KB, 923x1024px
>>17409074
>>17408443
>In the Secret consecration the disciple first honors the guru with clothes and other offerings. Then he presents to the guru a graceful and youthful consort. After that the disciple is either blindfolded or leaves the room and the guru worships himself with fish, meat etc., and serves these to the consort and then unites with her. The red and white fluid which arises from this union is placed in a receptacle. The disciple is called back and the guru introduces the disciple to the Flavour of Essential Similarity (samarasa) by writing seed syllables on his tongue with the fluid.
>>
>>17409132
why do this? like, is there a language of symbolism that makes this ritual a coherent narrative?
>>
File: Dalai-Lama_1938069c.jpg (23KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
Dalai-Lama_1938069c.jpg
23KB, 460x287px
>>17409132
>Should, for example — as we suspect — the Dalai Lama alone have attained the highest initiation stage of the Kalachakra Tantra, then all the other Buddhists initiated into the Time Tantra would not simply be his subordinates in a bureaucratic sense, but rather outright parts of his self. In his system he would be the arch-god (the ADI BUDDHA), who integrated the other gods (or Buddhas) within himself, then since all individual and human elements of the initiand are destroyed, there are only divine beings living in the body of the pupil. But these too stand in a ranked relationship to one another, as there are lower, higher and supreme deities. We thus need — to formulate things somewhat provocatively — to examine whether the Kalachakra Tantra portrays a huge divine time machine with the Dalai Lama as the prime mover and his followers as the various wheels.

>But there are also other versions of the second initiation. When we read that, “The pupil visualizes the secret vajra of the vajra masters in his own mouth and tastes the white bodhicitta of the guru lama. This white bodhicitta sinks to his own heart chakra and in so doing generates bliss ...The name ‘secret initiation’ is thus also a result of the fact that one partakes of the secret substance of the vajra master” (Henss, 1985, p. 53; Dhargyey, 1985, p. 8), then this in truth means that the guru lays his sperm-filled penis in the mouth of the adept and the latter tastes the semen, since the “white bodhicitta” and the “secret substance” are nothing other than the semen virile of the initiating teacher.

>>17409156
Yup.
>>
File: 4225FE_DA_080328dalailama.jpg (78KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
4225FE_DA_080328dalailama.jpg
78KB, 540x360px
>>17409179
>In the Candamaharosana Tantra for example, the lover swallows with joyous lust the washwater which drips from the vagina and anus of the beloved and relishes without nausea her excrement, her nasal mucus and the remains of her food which she has vomited onto the floor. The complete spectrum of sexual deviance is present, even if in the form of the rite. In one text the initiand calls out masochistically: “I am your slave in all ways, keenly active in devotion to you. O Mother”, and the “goddess” — often simulated by a prostitute — answers, “I am called your mistress!"
>>
>>17409235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I107EstAe6s
>>
File: dalai-lama-laughing-hands.jpg (60KB, 435x339px) Image search: [Google]
dalai-lama-laughing-hands.jpg
60KB, 435x339px
>>17409257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJuAffzw4s
>>
>>17409235
watersports, scat, creampie, snowballing. while mostly not my cup of tea are well represented by their own fetishist. But when it comes to snot and vomit those are so rare a fetish I don't think they even have slang to describe them.
>>
I did remember that I had asked about rituals requiring sperm, but I didn't expect them to be related to such complex thing.
>>
>>17409419
Mass of the Phoenix and Gnostic Mass counts too because if properly performed, Cakes of Light ideally have semen and menstrual blood in them.

>>17409375
>mfw
>pic related
>>
>>17409179
I don't know how seriously i should take these Trimondi's, but I'm fascinated by the possiblity of the Dalai Lama actually creating this ridiculous spiritual pyramid scheme. From the tibetan buddhist point of view, what's the consequence for the initiate if the trimondi's are right and the initiate becomes a wheel in the dalai Lama's machine?
>>
>>17409431
Never eat the cookies. Also I've sat in on a few Gnostic masses back in ny, can't say as I remember much in the way of load swallowing going on.
>>
>>17409468
Your individual personality is obliterated and you become a living conduit for the egregore of the Adi-Buddha.

Seriously, though, if you think Trimondi's full of shit go read the tantras yourself and tell me what's going on with Kalachakra Tantra.

The end trajectory is that in like 2027 or some shit a new ruler of Shamabla's going to be installed at a spiritual level. This guy ain't cool, and wants to start WWIII with the Mudslimes, and reify Shamala into the material domain of Earth.

>mfw Dzogchen/Gelug School Buddhism is potentially a greater existential threat than the egregore of The Nazarene
>>
File: 7356715.jpg (232KB, 620x360px) Image search: [Google]
7356715.jpg
232KB, 620x360px
>>17409485
Public Mass uses Cakes of Light that either have only animal blood (vegans go home), or have been made the 'right' way, immolated into inert ash/cinder, and then mixed into a 'clean' batch.

>>17409491
Forgot mfw.
>>
>>17409491
>is that in like 2027 or some shit a new ruler of Shamabla's going to be installed at a spiritual level. This guy ain't cool, and wants to start WWIII with the Mudslimes,
There is a certain dark appeal to extremist muslims, who think they are instigating an apocalypse war through armed confrontation with the west being blindsided by a buddhist apocalypse cult to the east.
>and reify Shamala into the material domain of Earth
well, in 60 years they haven't made much progress in taking back tibet so I guess, best of luck to them

Christianity, whether of the wound-licking, self-pitying american variety, the self-righteous and self-confident southern hemisphere developing economy kind or in the smug old russian nationalist variety is to my mind still an incomparably larger danger.
>>
>>17409518
>There is a certain dark appeal to extremist muslims, who think they are instigating an apocalypse war through armed confrontation with the west being blindsided by a buddhist apocalypse cult to the east.
Right?!

>They haven't made much progress retaking Tibet
They don't need Tibet. Arguably, it serves His Holiness' best interest to stay the fuck out of Tibet, thereby he can bend ears by framing himself as an exile and then b8ing people into hitching into his Temporal Dominion Machine.

FWIW, I don't find the idea of Tibetan Buddhsim inherently bad, but holy fuck the Kalachakra Tantra has squicked me out.

>>17409518
Time will tell, though I think America's Christism is largely neutered and the shift to Trumpism is symptomatic of this.
>>>/omg/
>>
File: emperor.jpg (75KB, 399x482px) Image search: [Google]
emperor.jpg
75KB, 399x482px
>>17409559
If you speak the God Emperor's name it must be spoken with HIGH ENERGY!

Really though, it's not dead entirely it's just having a schizophrenic episode again. 50's 80's 00's I'm sure it will swing again again late into the 20's. Whether we end up with a firebrand version of Protestantism or if we end up with more conservative version of Catholicism due the large amounts of latino migrants is yet to be seen.

But it's not dead by a long shot. Remember the animatronic vampire in a fat suit Cruz is the Emperor's only competition. And many states are still successfully imposing religious law and preventing abortions along with a whole slate of other bullshit.
>>
Do you experience astral travel as more akin to an OBE, an imagining that takes on a vivid life of it's own like a daydream, or like a lucid dream?

Personally, I practiced a method once a week for a couple of weeks, which i understand is two short for most people to have any sucesss with, and had the queerest experience. I had to continously put in effort to maintain the experience, as with imagining, but the sensory content came to me naturally and was unforced like in a dream. The effort was needed to stop me from falling back into my 'physical body' as it were. The interesting thing to me about the sensory content is that it was almost identical to my actual environment, except my experience of everything was more rich and vivid. The colours were all deeper and clearer, the feel of rough grain on my hands was incredibly powerful. I also had messed up proprioception and staggered as though drunken.

>>17409559
>Christism is largely neutered and the shift to Trumpism is symptomatic of this.

In my opinion, it was American Christianities alliance with the state and capitalism against communism that effectively neutered it. Now that christianity is effectively becoming countercultural in america i think it's more free to embrace some of it's radical heritage without being worried about respectability or what the donors will think etc.
>>
>>17409609
Used to be more like OBE but as the shock and awe wore off over many years now it's like an LD. Not spending four+ hours a day in yoga probably limits my ability to very meticulously build immersive environments, but then after a certain point some processes become automatic.
>>
>>17409609
> an imagining that takes on a vivid life of it's own
Is a good way to put it. From my point of view I kind of set the initial stage, but once the plays begun the actors and the scenery change on their own. It doesn't take effort for me to maintain once it's going, really unless there is some serious outside distraction it normally takes effort to end it, though sometimes it will end itself after reaching some climax or another.

And for me at least, rich and vivid usually means I'm working with something powerful. With more powerful things bringing more resolution about them. Physical sensations that directly correlate to some part of my body are extremely rare for me, but I don't bother creating my body within the space if that makes any sense.Just a mix of starlight and roots after the middle pillar, just a floating point of view in strange spaces, little more than a glowing white cloud in the garden.
>>
How does one free a limb while trying to astral project, i can move one astral limb a little bit and the other sorta move on there own after a time ?
>>
Okay. Decided to turn lvxnox.com into an occult/ esoteric blog. I ain't writing shit, but I can help with formatting and editing.

Any takers?
>>
Is there a tantra that makes use of intellectual autoeroticism? It lacks the alchemy of genuine debate, where there is at least a practice and a fruit and I don't want dear Nubby to be left out.
>>
bump
>>
>>17410828
>>17411083
Thoughts on collecting the thoughts from these threads into posts for LVX/NOX?

If you can point to any particular ones that you think are worthwhile, I'll bop them on there.
>>
>>17411104
That's a slightly more manageable project. HMU after the seventh or so, spring break's coming up and the uni's riding me p. hard.
>>
>>17411107
Aight no worries. But yeah, seems like a start. Everything's already there. The only thing missing is texts and people who will provide them.
>>
File: NZVECFm.webm (890KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
NZVECFm.webm
890KB, 640x640px
Is initiation into hermetics any good for a beginner? Read very few books on and practiced a bit of chaos magick, looking to get into some more strict stuff.
>>
>>17411374
No.
>>
>>17411374
Yes.
>>
>>17411378
>>17411392
deep
>>
>>17388447

Can you knowledgeable anons explain to me about siddhis ?
>>
>>17407643

The essence is bottled up inside the ego
>>
>>17407620
>Focusing on IAO mantra upon release

By "release" i assume you mean reaching orgasm with ejaculation? Don't do it bro. When you blow your load you blow your progress.
>>
>>17411567
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>17411567

http://gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor/the-major-mysteries/1470-lucifer.html

>If you have your lamp filled with oil, then the temple will always be filled with light. Yet, if you spill the oil of your lamp, the fire will be snuffed out, and you shall be cast out into the outer darkness, where only weeping and the gnashing of teeth are heard. The semen is the habitat of fire; if you spill the semen, your lamp will be snuffed out and you shall sink into the luciferian outer darkness

Lots of info on that site

http://gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor/mysteries-of-life-and-death/378-sexual-magic.html
>>
>>17411567
>>17411733
>kala must be produced through the emission of semen
>DON'T FAP BRO IT'S BAD 4 U
>>
>>17411733
this is some top tier bullshit right here
>>
>>17411733
>>17411733
I was hoping for a more reasonable, even if equally bullshit, spiritual explanation than "DON'T YOU WANT TO BE BRIGHT AND SHINY FOR GOD'S GLORIOUS COCK?!"

For me, not asceticism is about personal power. After releasing I always feel like a zombie for at least a week, constantly waiting on everything to sort itself out, barely feeling in control. After awhile it becomes the opposite, I make things happen and I control everything. I feel immensely focused all the time, yet can't find a proper trustworthy scientific explanation/study that explains why. Every time I look into it from cited sources, it's just someone saying it makes no difference and then reassuring that fapping is gud 4 u.
>>
>>17411749

kala is time. you wanna be stuck in time motherfucker? enjoy never leaving this place
>>
>>17411789

The reason you feel better after a week or so is because the energy levels within you are returning to normal after the emission. When you cum you are sending the sexual energy downwards, instead of rising it upwards within you.
>>
File: 1419697047914.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1419697047914.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>17411816
>mfw he has been stuck here for years
>mfw he is literally stuck in time

It all makes sense. He doesn't stay because he gets some sick enjoyment of dancing the same dance every day.

He simply can't ever leave.

Perhaps he faps to slow kala, to release it from himself and stay the same, to become immortal through separation of himself and time. But it keeps him in a loop, never growing old but never growing at all. Never changing. Every day, he faps, and every day he faces the same shitposters, eagerly facing their unchanging taunts toward the validity of his interests. Does he ever realize it, or has it only been a single day to him as the years flew by?
>>
>>17411909

Ego is the manifestation of time within you. The sexual energy is the creative energy. When used properly it creates enlightenment. When used in normal sex to creates a physical child. When used for masturbation it creates ego.
>>
>>17388447
Just thought I'd drop in. Doing the Work in silence can be quite a bit of a chore, especially when the Work is so demanding. I've discovered a new thing, but it might be best to reveal it in due time. Keep up the good work and have a little bump.
>>
File: NLPtj.jpg (69KB, 642x642px) Image search: [Google]
NLPtj.jpg
69KB, 642x642px
Might be some confusion here. But the whole no fap no sex thing makes you an entirely different kind of wizard than the type we normally discuss in these threads.
>>
>>17411733

>Samael Aum Weor
>Gnostic

wow, twice in the same thread too
>>
>>17411973
T-thanks...

>>17411816
>Brotip: Kala means different things depending on how it's pronounced. Time, in and of itself, is but one facet of the Jewel.

>>17411927
^I more or less agree with this.

>>17411832
The whole point of the Kalachakra Tantra preliminaries is to get the Boddhicitta to drop, not rise.

>>17411909
I don't fap erry day. I just don't demonize it. Excessive masturbation is as bad as complete renunciation.

>>17411816
>the way OUT is the way in.
>>
>>17412030
I get a fucking headache just looking at this girl.

Fucking baaaggage
>>
>>17412089

I have a question then, i'm reading Lama Yeshe's Introduction to Tantra, and it says that the cultivation of Body Cheetah is an absolute prerequisite, but at the same time i'm dropping the sensual pleasures not alltogether, but to actually feel the difference between the states, and then by endulging sparsely in ritualistic setting to channel the sensation into a gnosis state.

Is this Kalachakra? What the fuck am i even doing.
>>
>>17412089
Do you have the graeb2.zip file you had with the Fair and Just Inquisition text? I'm redoing LVXNOX for the publishing thing, because b2evo is SHIT for that purpose.

Wordpress will work much easier and better methinks.

Anyhow. If you have it, bop it to me, cause I fucked the server up and had to purge everything.
>>
Two questions that I always wanted to ask to a magician; pls everyone feel free to respond:

1. Do you still enjoy fantasy and horror movies with magic as a theme, even though you know they have no good basis for them? Do you still like the lord of the rings or playing DnD?

2. Do you believe in aliens? can you evoke them?
>>
>>17412194
>cultivation
I imagine he's referring to oaths and puja/sadhana and the like rather than the details of Kalachakra initiation.

You're building sensory bliss. It's not the same as the bliss of Sahaja, but there are enough analogs for the tantras to comment as such.

>>17412339
I'll dig for it, m8.

>>17412364
Depends. The Witch was good. The Conjuring blew chunks.
>Lord of the Rings
I dunno if I can ever be said to have liked it but I do deeply respect it as an example of worldbuilding.
>D&D
Worst playerbase out there. Can't do it anymore. The games I like these days are pretty niche and dead. I'd love to play some Aria: Canticle of the Monomyth but I don't know anyone else autistic enough to deal with the 30pg character sheets.

I'd love to run an occult themed Delta Green or CoC.

>aliens
I undoubtedly believe in an entity that resembles the grey but what exactly it is I've not decided. Grant Morrison says you can evoke them, I'm not so sure.
>>
>>17412030
Two weeks in plus or minus a week and I've been given highest octane masturbatory fodder from the deep mind in the memest fucking form of a vice documentary in both the figurative and literal sense. Luckily swede tween abdl is apparently not my fetish. Though in a past life I could have fapped to it for shits and giggles. Point is that I'm learning how the ego plays the game.
>>
Alright so www.lvxnox.com is up, with a much streamlined look, and remains in need of content.

If you have some articles, thoughts, ideas, then by all means, I'll be more than glad to publish them, provided they meet certain (not very stringent, but still, fundamental) criteria.

So none of this "I had a vision once" shit, and more of the "I had a vision, and it showed me connections between X and Y, and these sources appear to be confirming that". Sources, citations, an almost oppressive application of critical thought is very highly sought after.
>>
File: field.jpg (47KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
field.jpg
47KB, 400x600px
>>17412364

>Do you still enjoy fantasy and horror movies with magic as a theme

Oh indeed.
>>
>>17412768
>>
>>17412850

Patrician. This movie was one of the catalysts that sent me on this wild ride. So much aesthetic and symbolism. An eye opener to be sure.
>>
>>17412446
could one evoke an old friend whom you don't see in a long time? I mean, not just supernatural creatures, but "calling" actual living people
>>
>>17413081
In my experience it's a difficult rabbit to pull out of your hat, but it can be done.

Also, made some serious progress on my acquisition list, so there's going to be another update asap.
>>
wew
>>
>>17413265
Alex over there's one of the very few people with enough street cred for me to just kinda shrug when he says shit like like. Like when Jake Stratton Kent or David Chaim Smith gripe about AC I usually just sort of nod and assimilate; those cats usually make better arguments than 99% of folks. Alex's clearly just shitposting to the wind there, but I imagine he's read more old and weird source material on tarot than I've even heard of.
>>
>>17413265
>Messiah
Messing with the Jews is fun. They have a sense of humor, so it's not all in bad form.

>>17413338
First name is Mexican and last is some kind of Eastern European. He's got some skeletons in his closet. Under his house too.
>>
For minor ascendance, do not sleep for a week. Feed on nothing but peppers and milk, as it will toughen the mind, purify the body, and keep you conscious. On the dawn of the seventh day, you may sleep.
>>
What is the best way to implant a suggestion in a trance state? Do i have to say it or repeat it in my mind? Do i have to look for certain clues that the suggestion is implanted or just forget about it? I can achieve a trance state pretty easily through eye fixation, but so far haven't had any success with suggestions.
>>
>>17413265
I don't see a difference between being a servant to the tarot and others, and being a messiah (i.e. savior -> servant). Can someone explain how these are different?
>>
I don't understand the deal with people who are learning the magical ways 'becoming one' with everything to lose their ego and sense of self. So far I just feel like I'm distancing from everything and everyone else while becoming more self-centered than ever.
>>
>>17415182
You are becoming Shiva, who is all things.

And only Shiva, who is all things, can worship Shiva, who is all things.

There is no Unity or Isolation. Only the lapis gateway between those two phantom temples.
>>
>>17415223
>Shiva
Isn't that a Final Fantasy summon?
>>
File: 1128.png (257KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1128.png
257KB, 350x350px
>>17415232
Yup.
>>
>>17415232
I'll be in the corner, sobbing my eyes out for the fate of our future.
>>
File: 666536363456.png (77KB, 414x300px) Image search: [Google]
666536363456.png
77KB, 414x300px
>>17415264
keep crying
>>
>>17388447
>>17388447
>>17388447

I have some books to contribute to the library from the Ophiel series, they are about occultism in general and have the "how to" that many other books are missing.
May I have an email to share them?

Also, this page has lots of other books and I would reccomend to put it in the future threads so everyone can benefit from it:

http://english.grimoar.cz/?Loc=idx&Lng=2
>>
Hi! I opened a relevant thread here >>17415272 because my post was too long, I could use some help
>>
>>17415347
I used to link to Grimorie until I scrubbed all their best stuff I could find.

>>17415364
You lost your shit long before occultism. Don't blame us for not having listened to the 'get your head straight before you try this shit' advice.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 964x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 964x580px
>>17415347
hello fellow ophiel fan. he's one of my favorites for the reason you mentioned. i appreciate his way of communicating
>>
File: tattva earth.png (280KB, 454x462px) Image search: [Google]
tattva earth.png
280KB, 454x462px
>>17415424
Hello brother. Glad to hear from another serious student.
As you say, he has that special way of communicating that gets straight to the "soul", a bit confusing sometimes, but greatly appreciated.

Have you tried the work related to tattwa cards? I have been using them recently to start working with visualizations and the ressult is impressive. I would like to hear your experiences too.
>>
>>17415498
>tattwa cards
Looks interesting haven't heard of those.
>>
>>17415413
In my defence i'd say i hadn't a choice. I was autodidacta, never even knew this had a name
>>
>>17388813
Supposedly Yogi Bhajan was the last mahan tantric (white tantra master). He also created his own style of kundalini yoga and brought it to the west.
>>
File: 1454073054274.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454073054274.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
>>17415504
They are basically five symbol cards that can be used for multiple magical works, one of them being the development of clairvoyance.

Look at the card for 3-5 minutes each day, one card per week, and "see" the duplicated (complementary) image in your mind's eye. You will discover later that you will be able to recall the image without looking at it beforehand.
This serves the purpose of training your mind's eye se you can navigate successfully through dreams, projections, visions, auras of "things", etc.

And this is just one use of them. Look for the rest of Ophiel's books ;)
>>
>>17415613
I find that very hard to believe, given that he literally lived off of selling woo and new-age mysticism.
>>
>>17415647
Thanks anon, and I'll be sure to browse through his works.
>>
>>17415648
^That. Kundalini Yoga as it's known in the west is a non-lineal tradition. It's essentially revivalist.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, though, just that it's not what it's generally billed as.
>>
Thread's almost dead.

Bump.
>>
>>17403952
piglet faggot, get impaled and rosted
>>
>>17388447
So, what mudra is that?
>>
Is there any movie//novel//videogame in where occult magic is displayed correctly in yoyr own opinion?
>>
>>17416158
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
>>
>>17416158
Every movie/novel/videogame that doesn't.
>>
>>17412089

What exactly do you mean by Boddhichitta?
>>
>>17388821
>Kraig

Will make a superb doorstop
>>
Reading certain texts makes my third eye beat. Sort of internal beating like your heart only then your third eye.

It happened heavily (not painfully) when I read 1/4th of the book of law.
I dare not read it more since I'm not sure what it will trigger.

Anyone else have a simmiliar experience or an explenation
>>
>>17418179
Yes. It means you're, on some level, rebelling against the content, subconsciously.
>>
>>17418327
Thanks, I only know I agree with the part of love all. I kinda forgot what was in there bit I do know certain texts can be powerfull, words with meaning like magick.

thanks for the anwser it seems to make sense
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.