[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Titor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: vlcsnap-000252.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-000252.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
Who was he? Was he lying about coming from the future? What does /x/ think about him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
>>
It saddens me that such a person has a wikipedia entry. We should all make wikipedia entries for all of our roleplaying shit... But wait, we have 1d4chan and SCP and creepypasta... Nevermind
>>
>>17378233
If you were from the future and you want people to believe you, you would simply add the lotto number for that week for a couple states at the end of your communications. Or you could win the lotto yourself several times over in a row and then at a press conference announce how you did it. If someone came from the future and wanted to prove it, they could easily I think.
>>
>>17378276
In the anime (Steins;Gate) it doesn't work at all
>>
>>17378276
The fbi would be a problem though...
>>
>>17378249
shills are on a serious "roleplay" kick today
>>
>>17378294
> Animoo
> Logic
Pick one.
>>
>>17378294

That's because the person they have buy the ticket gets a number wrong by accident.
>>
>>17378552
i thought that was just the manifestation of it not happening. like it wasn't meant to, so something had to go wrong to keep everything in line.
>>
File: titor-files.jpg (182KB, 1176x658px) Image search: [Google]
titor-files.jpg
182KB, 1176x658px
John Titor claimed to be from an alternate reality which he referred to as a world line. On his world line things happened differently from our perceived reality and have gone further out in time from our perspective but it is similar enough that he could use a form of hysteresis to estimate what we might be going through in our near future.

He made a lot of posts around 2000 but vanished off the net in 2001, some months before 9/11.

He posted the basics about how his temporal displacement device worked and what happened on his worldline (which a lot of people interpreted as predictions)

Pic related is a diagram of the machine.

The invention of the machine was described as being pioneered through a series of discoveries made at CERN, which made gravitational manipulation possible. This enabled a concept for a practical machine where two "mini black hole singularities" interacted to create a form of a wormhole. Titor also described a gravity lock system which made sure the device stayed within the right gravitational conditions (so that it wouldn't end up in outer space or inside a solid)

People started paying attention to the postings when eerily similar things started happening around the time CERN announced the Large Hadron Collider.

Some similar things to what Titor described in the postings;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%9308
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguson_unrest
>>
>>17378778
Could you please upload those images?
>>
>>17378778

And now we've measured gravitational waves, holy fuck lol

Maybe bullshit, maybe not bullshit.

Either way, I don't fucking know
>>
John titor is literally a modern day joseph smith.

>I have secret knowledge of things you have never seen
>I will tell you what happens in the future
>I am from an alternate reality thus not all my predictions may actually happen

How does anyone believe the bullshit he peddled?
>>
File: titor2.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
titor2.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>
John Titor was plausible. I'm not going to waste time trying to impress strangers on the Internet by pretending otherwise.

Ultimately you can't actually DO anything with that knowledge but... well there it is...
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (45KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
45KB, 480x270px
>>17379579
>John Titor was plausible
>>
>>17379634
Out of everyone who has ever claimed to be a time traveler, John Titor was the most likely to be legit.

Many of the things he predicted came true. And the fact that he knew what he was talking about with the IBM computer was amazing.
>>
>>17379646
Modern day Nostradamus. Make vague enough predictions that future events can be retroactively applied. For added bull, claim some prophecy may differ because LOLdimensions.

Please, never reproduce.
>>
Prester John
John Titor

Think about it
>>
>>17379646
>Many of the things he predicted came true.
Like? He was just rattling about technical stuff that were known at the time, just not by general public. And few years before he came out on the internet he tried the same schtick with Y2K.
>>
>>17379646
Its not that hard to give vague predictions of the future. And he excuses himself from giving definite answers to any question by using "different worldline."

Secondly, the time machine he described. Do you have any idea the level of complexity, and extreme energy and exotic matter that would be necessary to generate a singularity? As it stands now the only places in the universe where singularities MIGHT exist are inside black holes. And I don't think I need to go into the physics of black holes to explain how nonsensical this is.
>>
There's one thing I've always had doubts regarding time travelling.

It is said energy can't be created or destroyed, matter is just another form of energy. It is also said the universe has a fixed quantity of energy-matter. If backwards time travelling (because speeding up is possible) were possible how would the universe handle the sudden added matter and thus energy in it?
>>
>>17379796
That depends on your view of time travel, there could be plenty of explanations.

An example would be if it's a singular timeline, then no energy is being removed/added. It's being moved.
>>
>>17379796
This law of thermodynamics is just an interchanging law. Matter can be converted to energy and energy can be converted to matter (E=mc2). But you can't get something for nothing. Thus time travel is possible as the necessary ingredients for your existence already exist within the universe and so there is nothing being added.
>>
>>17379646

Yeah and most of the things he predicted didn't.

You don't have to be a time traveller to make a bunch of predictions about the next 20 years and have less than half of them come true
>>
>>17379838
Also that energy can only change forms but it cant be destroyed. For example potential to kinetic energy.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455855399401.jpg (164KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455855399401.jpg
164KB, 1280x1920px
>>17379757
You seem smart
Can you explain to me what a singularity is like if I was 5
>>
>>17379646
>Out of everyone who has ever claimed to be a time traveler, John Titor was the most likely to be legit.

Why?

>he knew what he was talking about with the IBM computer was amazing.

He knew about a shitty old PC, and?

You're not making any sense!
>>
>>17379838
I thought the way atrophy works as described by the second law of thermo makes time travel impossible
>>
>>17379846
You don't remember WW3 from a decade ago? I miss the USA. Living in the 3rd of 5 chunks just isn't the same.

Yeah, Titor was about as accurate as a sniper using a slingshot with palsy on a windy day. Blindfolded.
>>
>>17379529
Titor didn't use it to get pussy & power.
>>
>>17379875
First thing any sane military does before sending someone back in time is neuter them. It curbs those tendencies as well as helping to prevent some shitty scenario where it turns out the head of your whole society is the kid of the woman the guy you sent back fucked.
>>
>>17379890
Dont talk like its being done now or in present tense. You basement dwelling needle dick
>>
>>17379928
>Dont talk like its being done now or in present tense.
Or what? What'll you do? Go in your room and cry? You won't do anything. Sit down.
>>
Man, I haven't had the internet in like, 9 months. I missed you guys.
>>
>>17379946
Id rather not "sit down" like you all day long. Get those greasy cheeto cum hands off your keyboard and actually contribute something that isnt a smart ass remark as if you are somehow have a better understanding of this shit.
>>
>>17379946
Not that guy, but he wasn't making a threat. I see your posts popping up on various threads, and I agree with that guy. Your overy inflated ego gives you a sense of being right without any doubt, while at the same time you don't really bring much to the table. Your essentially a shit post bot.
>>
>>17380011
Someone understands, thank you anon
>>
>>17379990
I did. I explained what you should be doing if you're going to try and send anyone back in time. If you'd pull your head out of your ass for a moment you might learn something.

Oh, by the way, Metafilter called. Through a dusty static of looming obsolescence they mentioned they wanted their "typical net-user" stereotypes back.
>>
>>17380024
Or maybe if you werent so busy trying to suck your own magnificent cock while rubbing your own asshole youd figure out that the way you word things makes you look like a know it all.

Your mom called she said she wanted to off herself for producing you.
>>
I remember when I read about it there was some kinda link to Disney involved. Like they looked up one of those IP's from the posts and found he lived close to some disney producer
>>
>>17380040
>youd figure out that the way you word things makes you look like a know
Oh Em Gee, Anon, did I hurt your feelings by coming off as more educated and intelligent than you? God, I'm sorry, I just figured you were numbed to the sensation by now!

Mah bad, I hope we can still be friends!
>>
>>17380064
What was your major in college? Have you broadened your mind to different cultures? Have you learned about ignorance and its ability to prevent a person from understanding/learning something new? Its not to hard to identify your self righteous pattern of thinking to know you arent very intelligent.
>>
File: Aforeffort.gif (2MB, 199x201px) Image search: [Google]
Aforeffort.gif
2MB, 199x201px
>>17380100
You're trying to win an intellectual pissing contest on 4chan in an effort to prove how much "smarter" you are...
>>
>>17379890
>First thing any sane military does before sending someone back in time is neuter them.

No, the first thing they do is find out whether or not that person is a fucking retard. "John Titor", time-traveller or not, was a fucking retard. Therefore, I call bullshit. No Scientist would put that man in a time-machine or give him any kind of responsibility. May as well send a fucking chimp.
>>
>>17380129
You know, I never thought of him as a "retard" but the way he defined his story, I always supposed that, as per the narrative (which is to say, I never thought of Titor as anything but fiction,) Time Travel in his time was already established and you could pretty much send any grunt/janitor to fetch a tool without any real risks.

So in short I guess I'm agreeing with you, I just assumed it was intentional to the story.
>>
>>17380114
How come the other anons seem to agree?
>>
>>17380142
"I'm smarter than you because I think some 4chan anon on /x/ agrees with me."

You're really a tiny, sad little thing, aren't you? You've kind of won, here, because at this stage watching you shit on yourself through your vast insecurities has kind of gotten unfun to watch. It's sort of depressing.
>>
>>17380129
>knew information only IBM scientists knew
>able to at bare minimum fool a good portion of society

Totally a retard
>>
>>17380154
I didnt say them agreeing with me was why I was more intelligent. Come on bro get it together.
>>
>>17380165
>knew information only IBM scientists knew

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_5100
>>
This has become a free for all /x throwdown everyone argue about the shit you hate people saying or doing on this board
>>
>>17380165
>able to at bare minimum fool a good portion of society
>a good portion of society

Wut?

A few thousand inbred soon-to-be redditors doesn't equate to "a good portion of society"
>>
Read his wiki. John Rick Haber was just a roleplayer.
>>
>>17380171
Point? Titor was the one who brought the emulator to light. Before that and even awhile after it want known to the general populace.

>>17380180

How many retards do you know that is able to become famous for making up some bullshit? How many retards do you know who have access to IBM secrets?
>>
>>17380204
>How many retards do you know that is able to become famous for making up some bullshit?
I don't mean this to be rude because I actually quite like what they've done, but you just described the whole of SCP. Or Welcome to Nightvale. Getting famous making up some bullshit on the internet is actually pretty easy these days.
>>
>>17380214
the level of fame Titor has is leaps and bounds above SCP and Welcome to Nightvale. And besides thinking SCP was just a bunch of retards is absolutely retarded.

Go on then, get famous and prove to me that retards can easily get famous for making shot up.
>>
>>17379853
it means stay dumb nigga
>>
>>17378276
He said he doesn't really want people to believe him. It has something to do with the "many worlds theory".
>>
>>17380237
>the level of fame Titor has is leaps and bounds above SCP and Welcome to Nightvale.
No it isn't. Fucking Nightvale has a top selling book. Please don't waste both our times making stupid statements we both know are bullshit just to aggressively push something that likewise, has no basis. It's boring. It's tedious. We can have fun talking about Titor without reducing to this crap which is neither fun nor productive nor imaginative.

Do it for the children, anon.
>>
>>17380237
>And besides thinking SCP was just a bunch of retards is absolutely retarded.
Also, I've interacted with much of the founding body. They're...

They're a special bunch. Hell, I've got two SCP's accepted and in the mix, so if anyone knows how retarded the contributors are, it's probably me!
>>
>>17380249

>We can have fun talking about Titor without reducing to this crap which is neither fun nor productive nor imaginative.

Says the guy calling everyone retards.

Ok shit for brains, nice talk. If Titor is retarded, I guess that makes you brain dead.
>>
>>17380267
I was just using the venacular presented by the person I was responding to. Chillax, my friend, I don't think any of those people are actually retards. I'm just saying that casual people creating casual fiction find fame and fortunate on the internet all the time. John Titor doesn't stand out in that regard.

You /x/ philes are so hot blooded!
>>
>>17379838
Wouldnt this mean the best you could hope for is making an exact copy of yourself at some point in the past? Not exactly a proper leap in time from your perspective as that you is a new you. But I can see it working for non living objects.
>>
>>17379551
What is that?
>>
>>17378538

The suspicious type might think they have a motive for doing it.
>>
https://youtu.be/JnZF5Hsikgs
>>
>>17381713
It's Titor's insignia from his flight jacket. He posted it along with the original image of his "time machine." Does no one know about reverse image search anymore?
>>
>>17378276
To be honest, your argument is invalid. Let's suspend disbelief for a little while and assume that time travel is actually possible, shall we: we know so little about it, many scenarios could explain what you call unexplainable. First of all, he never really cared too much whether people believed him or not; he was sent to retrieve something and actually, he was not meant to establish any sort of contact with anyone like he did (albeit as an anon). Secondly, even with the little we know already now about the possibility of multiple universes, we could already say that time travellers might actually move across different timelines, not just back and forth across a single one: as such, our timeline has the computer he was looking for but maybe other things are different, such as your lotto numbers: there goes your proof.

Not saying I believe in time travel, I am not an edgelord. I am just saying that pushing imagination a bit you can find yourself the explanation to many weird scenarios...
>>
>>17379737
Incorrect. The detail about the "code translation" capabilities of the old computer he was looking for was an undocumented feature known by not many people. This alone puts him in the ballpark of the highly educated... thus, definitely more plausible than the average /x/ dweller.
>>
>>17379853
But but... you ARE 5.
>>
>>17379861
Because you don't know the story.
If you did not read the original posts, stay humble and maybe go find them somewhere.

For the record, he was talking about a little known characteristic of an old computer: this characteristic has been confirmed to be real and known by few people, since it was not a documented feature.
>>
>>17379863
Atrophy? Of your brain?

Were you looking for the word "enthropy" maybe?
>>
>>17380114
Mmmyeah I used to think this argument made sense... then again, why leaving the internet to the trolls? Because that's how you leave the internet to the trolls.
>>
>>17380154
Just remember, you can make yourself wrong even when you are right... you just need to talk like a dick.
>>
>>17378778
I recall he said something important will happen in 2012

What did he mean by this?
>>
I read through all of his forum posts. Saw how he communicated and almost sort of relationships that developed with certain personas on the forums.
The veracity of his claims were not the important thing, they distracted many. He had something bigger to say, if you read through it and watch how it develops you will see it. There was a bigger picture he was trying to get across.
>>
>>17378294
I was recommended that anime since I liked the subject. Watched the first episode and fell asleep. Most boring shit ever...
>>
File: l11_00000001.jpg (479KB, 990x662px) Image search: [Google]
l11_00000001.jpg
479KB, 990x662px
>>17378778
>>17378913
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=40605661274506130233

I found a few extras and added them in.
>>
>>17386051
Anime is shit, vn isn't much better but the story is much more engaging in a textual and not a visual format (also multiple story routes and stuff if that's your thing).
>>
>>17378233
he was a roleplaying autist like most of the freaks on this board
>>
>>17378538
>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill, reeeeee!

And you idiots have been on a serious shill kick for years.
>>
>>17387015
not about aligned views. maybe it's just a little strange that 6 threads on the front page alone at the time were filled with "RP thread initiated" and other bullshit, belittling claims, inciting hostile reactions and preventing real discussion. this is relatively new to see 'rp' everywhere. it makes it more difficult for a newfriend to discern credible from questionable, and gives them a catchy bandwagon to jump on adopting aggressive viewpoints that anyone who has views that are even slightly outside of our own worldview is a 'roleplaying fag'
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not to mention this thread alone that perfectly managed to move away from the actual idea and turn into a fight between a namefriend and several anons distracting many and preventing any progression of the discussion.
>>
I remember one time in an /x/ thread, someone using the name "John Titor" replied to a post asking if he was really a time traveler with "Yes" directly before it was made. He linked to the post itself and everything.
It might have been some script kiddie samefagging, but it was still pretty spooky.
>>
>>17387543
seen a few screens of tht
happens too much/too easy to be worth much
you could even guess it yourself without a script, especially on /x/
>>
File: 1408382747845.png (57KB, 718x577px) Image search: [Google]
1408382747845.png
57KB, 718x577px
john is a god. he doesn't need a time machine in the classical sense, mind you -- the most important thing to remember is that he's seen some shit just like the rest of us. maybe we're time travellers too you know? he's just lucky enough to have realized that lucid dream or akashic experience was a real event. the question remains, can it be possible he influenced it? are we capable of changing the past/future?
>>
>>17387578
what does image have to do with titor other than someone using his name as a trip?
>>
>>17378538
fuck off faggot lol
>>
>>17387729
>2 days later
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.