[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 1455228226437.jpg (768KB, 1172x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1455228226437.jpg
768KB, 1172x1920px
How do we fix /x/?
>>
By making people like you go back to /b/
>>
>>17377813
wew lad no need for such hostility
>>
>>17377809
1) Don't start How do we fix /x/?, what's wrong with /x/, the cancer that's killing /x/, I'm slightly miffed at /x/, anything at all fucking similar about /x/, threads.

2) Ignore 'proof' threads. They are shills trying to stir up argument.

3) Mods, see 2). Delete this crap as soon as it appears.

4) Don't post stuff which belongs in /sci/ or /pol/. It's obvious. If it isn't obvious, go somewhere else.
>>
by banning OP
>>
>>17377813
>>17377823
>>17377824
I didn't mean to interrupt your RP. I'll let you get back to being retards now.
>>
>>17377809
By having less "How do we fix /x/?" threads.
>>
>>17377829
Choke on it.
>>
>>17377809
whoa there are alot of bigfoots in that pic! good find!
>>
I wish RP was a bannable offense, but this threads only generate unnecessary confrontation and shitposting.
>>
We can't, not on an anonymous imageboard. So just take everything you see here with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17377809
>>17376228
>>
>>17377809
This board never become shit, because it was always shit from the start. If you want to improve x then maybe you should just try and change 4chan. Enough so that haters, shit posters and role players get a huge amount of hate.
>>
>>17377809
Literally killing all roleplayers would be a good start, or atleast permaban. The next step would be the eradication of non-paranormal threads (tarot card, tulpa, scary dreams, illuminati, etc.~90% of /x/)

Spoopy =/= paranormal

But the paranormal can be spooky, know the difference.
>>
>>17377823
THIS

Also, /x/ needs a name change to "x - Paranormal, Conspiracy and Unexplained"
>>
>>17377809
It must be purged.
>>
By making sure this thread doesn't get archived.
>>
>>17377809
>How do we fix /x/?

We don't. We accept it for what it is and make the most of what we have. We encourage the things we like and ignore things that we don't. If a thread gets bumped and you don't like it then simply hide it from view.

Stop expecting others to control your life and take action.
>>
>>17378533
You can't kill the walrus

It will always xome back
>>
File: hanzmod.jpg (57KB, 689x273px) Image search: [Google]
hanzmod.jpg
57KB, 689x273px
>>
Kill all the aspies and role play fags.
>>
>>17380867
that's 99% /x/ you've just killed off
>>
>>17380867
Kill idiots like this
>>
>>17380875
I for one welcome the polterpurge.
>>
>>17380867
>Kill all the aspies

Why do you act like this on here when you don't act like this irl? Because you're a two-faced cunt that's why.

4chan itself is awash with stupidity and wankers like ^him. There is no escaping it.
>>
>>17380890
Please tell me you don't speak like this irl
Maybe that's why you have no friends
>>
/x/ is fine the way it is it's retarded and full of spics and dumb kids and i luv it :D
>>
>>17377809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKemtcBN40
follow me lucifer
>>
>>17378431

>the eradication of non-paranormal threads (tarot card, tulpa, scary dreams, illuminati, etc.~90% of /x/)

So gut /x/? This will make it better? I would argue that tarot (divination) extends to a realm beyond the normal. As do tulpamancy, dreaming and conspiracy. Is not the definition of paranormal the occurance of events or phenomena above or beyond the current scope of scientific understanding? Science does not understand divination, or tulpas, or magic rituals. Nor can it describe the vast web of conspiracy being spun beneath the worlds collective nose.

This is not just a spoopy board. The cancer like you that says "HURR DURR Roleplayers! /x/ would be better if 90% of it was gone " are the ones who literally need to die.

Fucking shills here are worse than /pol/. Dont want us understanding the nature of the universe and shit.
>>
>>17378431
you are spooky moron, here, I just fixed it 4u
>>
The problem isn't really /x/ it's 4chan in general. Stormfags and Christfags have overtaken the whole site.
>>
>>17380851
very smart answer to "baby crying weaklings"
>>
>>17377823
this is pretty good.

though i'd add

5) report shitty threads and derailing posts so that mods can see as quickly as possible. don't just hide or ignore them.

6) do not respond to shitty threads (like this one) but if you feel that you must, always remember to sage so that it doesn't come back to the top.
>>
>>17380890
i agree with you.

everyone's a big man behind his computer screen.
>>
>>17380987
why you hating fat women, you are such a showinist
>>
>>17377823
>Don't post stuff which belongs in /sci/ or /pol/.
or /lit/
>>
How to fix /x/

>remove cryptid, skinwalker, creepy pasta threads
>basically, remove all "spoopy stories" threads meant for people to post their RP material in
>rename Paranormal to Occult/Conspiracy
>>
>>17381085
>How to make /x/ exactly what i want it to be about and fuck everyone else who likes those topics i dislike

>take away all spoopy RP!
>you guys let's only do MAGIC on this board!
>>
>>17381096
>>r/creepypasta
>>
>>17381085
Some of the first and most memorable threads I read on /x/ were skinwalker and creepypasta threads. Although I don't read them anymore, they were good at the time me being a newfag, so I say leave them in for the newfags.

About RPing, it is getting tedious I'll admit, but how do we 100% prove that the story is an RP in order to ban it? There are genuine cases of spoopy shit, so banning all stories is also banning the true stories.
>>
>>17381106
i find that response hilarious because you basically did ask for reddit here.

>nothing but what I WANT
>how dare you present me with information on topics i didn't specifically request myself.
>>
Create a /hr/ horror board and /mp/ metaphysical board
>>
>>17377809
By ignoring shitposters, role players and retards. Not taking bait and posting good OC. If you want to complain in shitty threads, at least sage them.
>>
>>17381131
Maybe a /ufo/ board? I think the subject of ufos and aliens should have it's own place and not be deemed "Paranormal"
>>
>>17378431

All of what you said is fucking /x/ material. get the fuck out newfag
>>
>>17381115
I should've clarified that by "remove" I don't mean pruning threads or banning OPs, just that we all as /x/-posters should make an effort to tone it down with the spoopy stories threads. Ultimately, bans and deletions will never fix /x/. It's on us, the posters, to make /x/ a better place. If you're sick of RP threads, simply don't engage in them in any way and eventually the RPers will leave when they realize they aren't getting any attention.
>>
>>17381115
I agree but if you think its rp, why not just ignore or at least sage? Its easy, just let the shitty threads die and the good ones live. /x/ will then naturally evolve into a better board.
>>
also, make sure to post in every thread without bothering to read what's already there.

>>17381133

good job repeating what everyone else already said.

and i won't sage this time either in the hopes that it might annoy you.
>>
>>17381128
Dude, seriously. You visit this board so you can read the same stories about the same stupid "monsters" every day? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>17381144
>eventually the RPers will leave when they realize they aren't getting any attention.

This.

What kills me is seeing a.. "I'm a time-traveller, Ask me anything".. thread with 200+ posts from people asking questions like.. "Do we have flying cars in the future??".
>>
>>17381147
i hate cryptids. i hate creepypasta because none of it is good or original. i hate spoopy stories threads because no one here knows how to tell a story right. i think the occult is total bullshit. but i ignore what i don't like.

but what i don't do is tell people that they shouldn't be interested in those things or shouldn't be allowed to post about them because i don't like them.

because that is

>literally

R E D D IT
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>17381154
Hey man, people can be interested in whatever they want. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna give them bantz over it.
>>
>>17381154
>Hate cryptids
>hate creepypasta
>Hates spoopy stories
>Hates the occult
Damn dude, what are you even doing in this board?
>>
>>17381152
The thing is those who you accuse of role-playing may be sincere.
>>
>>17381185
>sincere
i.e. insane
>>
File: 1441485217243.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1441485217243.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
Make the captcha about solving a simple IQ task. This will weed out the retards that have swarmed /x/.
>>
By actually discussing the paranormal rather than constantly roleplaying and making endless "how do I summon succubus" and "how do I summon tulpa" threads.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.