[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The secret. Thoughts? Could it really be this simple?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: the-secret_seal.jpg (228KB, 2214x1351px) Image search: [Google]
the-secret_seal.jpg
228KB, 2214x1351px
The secret. Thoughts? Could it really be this simple?
>>
>>17366133
>>>/lit/
>>
>>17366135
Hey, my dad bought a dvd copy of The Secret though I never really read the book but it's pretty amazing how the law of attraction works.
>>
>>17366146
any stories you could share?
>>
From what I have experienced, you can manipulate situations with your mind but i was unable to manifest anything after practicing it for 6 months. I've also heard how karma blocks manifestation.
>>
The universe is your genie and whatever you desire you can and will accomplish. It's like think positive and never think or focus yourself in negative ideas.
>>
oprah level self help bullshit
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: gooooooal-d.png (278KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gooooooal-d.png
278KB, 500x375px
>>17366133
You can get a lot with strong will, but not all.
You won't get a 400 years lifespan through willpower.
I wonder how much this book contributed for the real estate bubble and crash. In my opinion, more than tree fiddy.
>>
File: 1442126685957.png (475KB, 857x704px) Image search: [Google]
1442126685957.png
475KB, 857x704px
>>17366133
Yes, faggot. Been applying it since 12th grade, life's been great ever since. Really its about having confidence and truly believing in something that is going to happen. Be aware, if you choose to become aware you will face a consequence. You will become aware to what most people will not understand, also other people will try shooting down your beliefs, or dig you a grave.
>>
There's something to be said for the Placebo Effect, but most of the whole "Law of Attraction" thing is just more woowoo wishful thinking nonsense.
>>
>>17366350
That's just positivity. That's no fucking secret.
>>
>>17366358
Some people lack keeping optimistic daily, looking at everything negatively. Looking at these experiences positive is a challenge, learning from every experience positively is a secret.
>>
>>17366133
"simple" is a polite way of saying "you're fucking stupid if you don't swallow it"
>>
It's nothing novel. The producer of The Secret took basic life knowledge and branded it to make it look like it's some new discovery for sake of marketing.

The majority of us are not taught how important attitude is towards life. We're only taught of the importance of physical effort exerted into achieving goals. But physical effort always begins with mental effort and planning, and our outlook heavily influences our approach and awareness towards whatever we're trying to achieve. Having a positive outlook also improves motivation and inspires us to work harder towards what we desire.

Success is not all hard work. If it was then the richest people would be ditch diggers and laborers.

But it also goes beyond that. Entertaining our imagination and having hope has a mysterious tendency to accelerate life events and bring about what we envision and feel most. It's like our minds are blueprints for what we experience in life, and those blueprints are programmable via the imagination. It sets the standard for our lives and provides a mirror or guide to reflect off of. Whether that's just perception or there's something bigger at play I'm not sure, but I've experimented with it enough to know that's what happens, and I now live my life by it.
>>
>>17366146
>it's pretty amazing how the law of attraction works.
One of the dumbest ideas in the history of humanity.
>>
>>17366474
Well explained anon, some people have misunderstood it, thinking they can get everything for free, whichI think is ridiculous.
>>
>>17366133
taking old peoples money is pretty easy
>>
>>17366474
This is all fine and dandy, as long as you don't take it too far, like it's done in The Secret.
>>
>>17366358
Then explain to me while the concept is well known, why no one use it ?

What the thinker thinks, the prover proves. Think positive, get positive Feedback
>>
>>17366493
>>17366554
>>17366562
>>17366584
Holy shit, when did /x/ become so underage? Consider suicide.
>>
>>17366133
is is yes
>>
>>17366133
The only part of the secret thats true is the idea of a malleable universe
>>
>>17366586
Excessive positive thinking leads you to ignore reality, sometimes with catastrophic results. Example: "real estate will go up forever, I just have to believe it".
I'm almost 40, I don't think this counts as underage. Go get riches and stop pestering us.
>>
>>17366133
It was a bit of a meme in about 2007ish. That and The Zeitgeist movie were traded around my school on CDs like some cult thing.

A mate of mine was deep into Law of Attraction and although it never really worked out for him he was happy at the time which leads into Flow and the psychology of Optimal Experience that i'd be more inclined to believe and live my life by today.

As in I don't think there's much truth to LOA but envisaging were you want to be in life and keeping it in mind does help you to work towards it so you eventually bring it into your life rather than supernaturally attract it with dreaming.
>>
>>17366616
You're so depressing.
>>
the secret is bullshit, but the law of attraction is not. The law of attraction is occult knowledge while the secret was a bastardized version of it to sell copies. I would recommend reading or listening this book to get a better idea of it.

http://youtu.be/5_UTI2kTVR8
>>
>>17366133
This feels like a shill thread, no offence.
The law of attraction is one of the most well-known and mainstream pieces of pseudo-scientific bullshit out there.
If it was this simple, every bored 40 year old housewife would have EVERYTHING THEY WANT and they DON'T so it's bullshit.
Fuck off.
>>
Example of this:
When my day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise
Like a glory in my breast.

All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them
Brought to us a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I, too, had loosed the moorings
With the Presence left behind.

So I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way;
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day.
>>
>>17366658
>I met God in the morning
On first line in first stanza
>>
>want something
>get it

not hard
>>
>>17366627
May be it's good ole midlife crisis. Anyway,
>energy
>magnets
>quantum mechanics
Any two of these make a book highly suspicious, if you check them all, it's almost bound to be shit.
>>
>>17366658
In our school we always recite that since grade 7-10 .... idk why our principal really like to punish us with so many poems to memorize but now, I eventually absorb what it means
>>
>>17366702
Lol wtf was your principal before
>>
File: 746662694_943294.gif (260KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
746662694_943294.gif
260KB, 400x400px
>Children who evidence magical thinking often feel that they are responsible for an event or events occurring, or are capable of reversing an event simply by thinking about it and wishing for a change. Make-believe and fantasy are an integral part of life at this age and are often used to explain the unexplainable.

Some people don't grow up intellectually. It's like a form of selective mental retardation.
>>
Follow the bell
>>
>>17366133

>youtube Abraham Hicks
>
>you'll find a lot very interesting things
>
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.