[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to trigger sleep paralysis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: spshdw.jpg (24KB, 1020x677px) Image search: [Google]
spshdw.jpg
24KB, 1020x677px
How to trigger sleep paralysis?
>>
>>17361091
lay in bed, keep mind awake but stay as still as you can, imagine your senses melding into your surrounding, let your body go numb, try not to fall asleep.
>>
Edit: I've only had it 3 times my life, all three times being in the past 4 years, I want to experience it again.
>>
lay down
keep your eyes open
do not move
think about intense things. Nothing scary, just thoughts that can keep you stimulated
do not move
stare at the wall, ceiling, whatever you laid down looking at
your'e probably itchy at this point. do not move
wait for the itch to fade
keep not moving
eventually the rest of you will fall asleep
you'll still be conscious
then the hallucinations will begin.
>>
Every single time I've had it it's happened when I've gone to sleep after trying to fix a fucked sleep schedule by staying up all day until a reasonable hour.

Basically, just go to sleep after depriving yourself of it for a while.
>>
>>17361091
Sleep paralysis can triggered by having an erratic sleep schedule. So, this:
>>17361135

Also, if you ever want to come out of sleep paralysis just hold your breath. I've had sleep paralysis a lot, thanks to insomnia.
>>
>>17361184
>Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
>>
>>17361183
>Also, if you ever want to come out of sleep paralysis just hold your breath. I've had sleep paralysis a lot, thanks to insomnia.

For me, when I have sleep paralysis, I can't control or even experience the sensation of breathing. That's the only part that's somewhat scary about it; I've never had any hallucinations during it or anything like that. I just either sort of will myself out of it or go back to sleep.
>>
>>17361184
top fucking kek
>>
ive had it multiple times since i was 17, being a believer of UFO's and aliens most of the times it is one of the most horrifying things i have ever experienced.
>>
>Be me after having a dream
>I thought I already woke up
>Heard my supposedly wife's footsteps
>Then "she" opens the door
>I immediately pretend having a sleep paralysis
>Then the door opens
>nope
>I saw a blurry dark human figure carrying a baby
>I just closed my eyes and starts to struggle and I try to shout
>The figure just walks back and forth
>I woke up full of wtf
>>
>>17361091
Take like 4 or 5, maybe 6 max strength melatonin and then enjoy your paralyzed nightmares
>>
Just keep playing in bed in the morning, dozing in and out of sleep until it happens. Works every time though you may end up staying in bed til 2 in the afternoon
>>
File: SAM_0082_zpscbdbd2e7[1].jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0082_zpscbdbd2e7[1].jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>17361091
1. Get an old, portable electric fan (very pic related is the best), the older the better
2. Lay in the dark with the fan running within earshot of the white noise
3. The fan's motor will cause the blades to create uneven white noise
4. That uneven white noise where the speed of the blades sometimes picks up, sometimes it slows down, focus on that noise
5. For reasons unknown, that uneven white noise will cause a feeling of strange anxiety, like there's something sinister in the room with you
6. Finally, you'll start feeling chills on your body that follow the speed of the fan's blades thus triggering sleep paralysis. Always worked for me.
7. Haven't tried a YouTube video with 8 hrs of fan noise, that might work, you can give it a shot. The noise can't be even though, the noise has to fluctuate up and down soundwise.
>>
Make sure you lie on your back.

Only had it happen twice, one was fucking scary and one was rather lewd.
>>
>>17362395
I always sleep with a fan and assumed things were coming and going in my room when it happened.
>>
>>17361091
Sleep paralysis, night terror combo. Are you retarded op? There is no positive
>>
>>17362607
Rofl exactly
This is a terrible idea
Why God why
>>
>>17361104
Much easier said than done using the lucid dream method
>>
Yah. This looks really fun op.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bzSyJ2YMg
>>
>>17362614
Thankfully it's rare now for me, only after sleep deprivation. I had one a few months back where I thought I had woken up, but was still asleep
>>
Dxm in high doses. Dont do it though
>>
>>17362649
Honestly sleep paralysis can do it without major risk, robotripping is a bad idea in general.
>>
Anyone here that I can ask something?
>>
>>17362692
Wat
>>
>>17361091

1. lie on back
2. close eyes (important to trick body)
3.stay perfectly still

After a few minutes you'll get itchy, this is your body checking if you fell asleep, don't scratch it to trick the body into thinking you are sleeping. After some time the body will think that and paralyze itself so you don't sleepwalk/do what you do in your dreams in reality. You're now in limbo where you work via both dream and real logic. Due to sensory overload you'll get spooked which causes you to hallucinate spooky shit. If you stay calm you'll lucid dream if you get too spooked you'll stop being paralyzed and like nuffin happened
>>
>>17362407
>one was rather lewd
I wish I had lewd sleep paralysis hallucinations
>>
>>17362692
Ask bro
>>
How about how to trigger sleep? It's 3am and I need to be up at 730 and I can't sleep.

Save me sleep wizards
>>
In my case, stand in front of a pc for more than 10 hours a day

It either gives me 1) nervous insomnia (My mind goes to sleep and has dreams, but my body is not, so it's basically like being half-awaken), 2) Lucid dreaming that last a fucking lot (happened to me 3 nights ago. I had a full dream and woke up thinking it was morning, then realized less than 1 hour had passed. I had to spend the entire night sleeping, waking up and getting back to bed cause it wasn't morning yet) or 3) Sleep paralysis (lasting usually no more than 1-2 minutes, considering I never, EVER try to get asleep again once I 'wake' up)
>>
>>17362893
Read up on sleep hygiene start with sleep aides
>>
>>17362906
I already have aids
>>
>>17362928
Sleep hygiene then bro
>>
Does anyone else here have severe sleep paralysis? Like every single night? It's driving me to the brink of insanity and causing me to have insomnia. How do you make this stop? Please no roleplay garage I'm being serious. It blows my mind you people try and induce this. I can go into more detail if needed. Also I'm just curious if anyone here is like me and if they go deeper or suppress it. Pls respond
>>
>>17362928
huehue
>>
>>17362971
I had this problem for a summer when I had anxiety problems. First go to your doctor as it may be caused by a medical issue you don't know about. Next, try going to bed earlier as sleep paralysis is more likely the later you go to sleep.
>>
What sometimes works for me is to interlock my fingers over my stomach while I lay on bed looking straight up.

If I fall asleep while in that position, I sometimes wake up with sleep paralysis minutes later. More than half the time, so I avoid doing that.
>>
>>17362971
Try laying on your stomach. Sleep before 23.00 and sleep between 7 and 9 hours everyday. Also drink water before sleeping.
Maybe try opening several hours of relaxing music and sleep with headphones.
I think amiina is good for sleeping with.
>>
>>17362906
I'll check out sleep hygiene for sure. Thanks.

I am trying to get away from sleep aids because I have already crossed that threshold where it becomes fucking hard to sleep without them.
>>
You can play binaural beats while you sleep. That always triggers it for me. Check youtube, they have a million different videos that play on loop for 10+ hours, all you have to do is sleep with your earbuds in.

You can also find different apps that have them. Sleep As Android has them built in as an option. My husband suffers from Sleep paralysis nightly due to insomnia and a highly active life, so I guess you could sleep for five hours every night and work out for two before bed if my first suggestion doesn't work and you get desperate.
>>
>>17362226
Not suggested. You can overdose on melatonin and end up PEC'ed.
>>
Tell me I'm not the only one who pisses myself when going through sleep paralysis.
>>
Shut out all of your senses. If you see any light distracting you then wear an eye mask. If you hear any noises, wear an ear plug. If your body itches then ignore it. Sense of smell shouldn't be a problem unless you wipe shit on your walls
>>
It sucks having this problem. 'Woke up not able to breathe..gasping for air..looked to my side and saw a rotting corpse laying next to me then wake up to alarm clock " Trust me it sucks.
>>
>>17361091

I wanna know why it always feels like there's someone standing near you when the sleep paralysis happens.
>>
>lay on back
>try to sleep, but dont fall
>if you are sleepy and going to fall asleep try to wake up as fast as you can

that´s the way it works for me.
since my first sleep paralysis (many years ago) i can not sleep lying on my back without having sleep paralysis.
sorry about my english btw
>>
Being dead tired and on opiates really boosts your chances. Lay on your back.
>>
Sleeping on my back sometimes fucks me, maybe because I'm more comfortable on my side or front so the unease and not moving puts my body to sleep before my mind can get over it to fall asleep.
>>
>>17361091
OP here, I finally got it but it only lasted for like 10 seconds. How to make it last for more than a few minutes?
>>
>>17367361
aaaaayyyyyyyyy lmfao
>>
why does my brain keep telling me i'm going to die soon? i have accepted my death but seriously am i actually going to die soon? or just my brain trying to spoop me
>>
Guaranteed method:
Lay on your back and roll up a towel and place it at the base of your skull. try to sleep thst way. You will eventually wake up to toss or turn but will be unable to. The feelings of dred and not being alone etc. will follow.

Remember that your body is still asleep but your mind is awake. You wont be in any real danger but you wont be able to move or speak. Try recording it and see how you react.

Be brave, Good luck.
>>
Hi there, I experience frequent sleep paralysis, I would say most nights

I usually wake up at 1:30pm - 2pm in the afternoon and go to sleep at around 4am - 7am in the morning

A typical day consists of me waking up, getting out of bed, walking over to my desk and sitting down, then I play video games for the entire day until I get into be at around 1am - 2am. I usually lay in bed watching movies or documentaries on youtube until I can't stay awake any longer and fall asleep due to the fatigue. My diet is also pretty bad, at most I eat one meal a day after midnight. I think my sleep paralysis can be linked to these two things, overstimulating my mind with computers during the day and lack of food

I've only ever had one or two bad experiences, the majority aren't scary. Once I had a cat sitting on my chest and most of the time I'm simply paralyzed for a few moments before I regain control of my body, no hallucination at all
>>
>>17362204
I can only imagine how that felt.

>be me, laying in bed
>"wakes up"
>eyes open, but can't move body
>try squirming, eventually move foot and kick the wall
>I hear my mom scream
>try getting up but my body is back to being frozen, struggling again
>shouting with all my might, but no sound
>"mom" comes into my room with a necklace, shiny with a big ruby pendent
>look at necklace, reach for it with ease
>grab it, everything goes black
>Silence....
>SHAZAMMMMMMMMM
>wake up to brother playing injustice

could be sleep paralysis, could've just been a really fucked up dream, or both at once, idk. but that scared the shit out of me and I immediately went to go check on my mother after that.
>>
Got one accidentally last week and another one yesterday. In both cases I had a dream and wanted to write it down, but I just couldn't move. Last week I saw shadows in the room but as I knew what it was it was very mundane and boring, and ultimately annoying because I was ass-tired and now forgot the dream.
>>
>>17361100
Edit: omg i cant believe i got gold!! Thank you all so so much!
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.