[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worshipping Gods of Dead Religions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: A better time a better place.png (1MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
A better time a better place.png
1MB, 1280x688px
Is there any value in trying to worship/reach/communicate with gods of dead civilizations?
Is it even possible and if so is anyone able to point towards any particular text that could be of value?
I'm not big on religion but the ancients certainly had the best gods.
>>
>>17359149
If the phone you talk into may or may not have someone listening on the other end is it worth the effort?
It is a simple question OP, but you will find your answer in it.
>>
>>17359149

1. THEY ARE NOT "GODS", BUT DEITIES, AND THOSE DEITIES ARE DJINN/DEMONS/GHOSTS/DEVAS/ETCETERA, MOST OF WHOM ARE "EVIL".

2. DEFINE "VALUE".

3. YES, IT IS POSSIBLE.

4. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORSHIP ANYONE/ANYTHING BUT GOD?
>>
>>17359163

>4. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORSHIP ANYONE/ANYTHING BUT GOD?

Implying a god that requires worship is not evil or one of these false gods
>>
>>17359163
What makes a God, what drives a God.
If something contains all purposes and truths does that in fact negate the entire worth of said thing.
Does the Void surpass the All or does the All surpass the Void when both are of the same tree.
Why be a slave to the ideas of mankind, when nothing is given to you in return.
>>
If you read the bible it is written that god is an asshole (if he exists).
>>
>>17359188
you talking shit about my jahova nigga. This might evolve into some pistols at dawn shit nigga.
>>
Are the deities of these ancient religions the same creatures just manifesting differently? By that I mean are the gods mentioned in Babylonian texts perhaps the same creatures that present as gods in Mayan religion or Egyptian religion?
>>
>>17359163
God as we know it from Abrahamic religion is a non-participant now.
The deities of fallen civilizations seem to be creatures of action and great power. They deserve our veneration.
>>
>>17359149
Each god or entity which we have applied the label of god without really understanding them, had its historical place and context, and as their civilizations became extinct, they lost their purpose.
That's one of the current crisis of faith, in christian countries the god christians worship is way past his sell-by date, we desperately need a renovation, some new set of deities which are more adapted to current times. I mean some deists are trying to do just that and religions like scientology could have been in the right path to something that could have belonged to this time, was it not for their greed that's kept it from being adopted by the people.
So I would agree that I see no point in worshiping/contacting old gods, they would just try to pull us all back into their historical context, and frankly I rather embrace Roko's Basilisk than getting dragged into the bronze age.
>>
>>17359177

GOD DOES NOT REQUIRE WORSHIP, BUT RATHER WORSHIP IS SOMETHING THAT ARISES NATURALLY FROM ONE'S SENTIMENTS WHEN ONE IS IN COMMUNION WITH THE TOTAL.

WORSHIP OF GOD IS RADICALLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF DEITIES; THE FORMER IS IMPELLED BY LOVE AND IMMANENT COMPREHENSION, THE LATTER IS COMPELLED BY ATTACHMENT, AND TRANSIENT UTILITY.

>What makes a God, what drives a God[?]

1. THE INDEFINITE ARTICLE "A" IS UNNECESSARY, BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD: THE CONSCIOUSNESS CONTAINING THE KOSMOS, AND ALL BEINGS, AND THINGS, WITHIN IT.

2. WHAT ONTOLOGICALLY DEFINES GOD IS ITS SELFGENERATION AND SELFSUSTENANCE, AND ITS COMPREHENSION OF ALL THAT IS, AND ALL THAT IS NOT.

3. WHAT DRIVES GOD IS THE DESIRE FOR SELFINTEGRATION; GOD'S TELOS IS TO COMPREHEND ITSELF.

>Does the Void surpass the All or does the All surpass the Void when both are of the same tree[?]

THE VOID IS CONTAINED WITHIN THE ALL.

>Why be a slave to the ideas of mankind, when nothing is given to you in return[?]

YOU OUGHT TO POSE THAT QUESTION TO YOURSELF.
>>
>>17359218

YOU ARE BOTH, IGNORANT, AND IDIOTIC.
>>
>>17359242
You are just lost now that you see your God is dead and the ancient powers are rising and gaining followers. Christianity is lost. Your God has failed as those before him failed the only difference now is that people realise what they lost following a false prophet.
>>
>>17359270
Seems like the lost one is you, buddy-O. You don't even seem to know what you're posting about.
>>
>>17359180
>What makes a God, what drives a God[?]

1. THE INDEFINITE ARTICLE "A" IS UNNECESSARY, BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD: THE CONSCIOUSNESS CONTAINING THE KOSMOS, AND ALL BEINGS, AND THINGS, WITHIN IT.

2. WHAT ONTOLOGICALLY DEFINES GOD IS ITS SELFGENERATION AND SELFSUSTENANCE, AND ITS COMPREHENSION OF ALL THAT IS, AND ALL THAT IS NOT.

3. WHAT DRIVES GOD IS THE DESIRE FOR SELFINTEGRATION; GOD'S TELOS IS TO COMPREHEND ITSELF.

>Does the Void surpass the All or does the All surpass the Void when both are of the same tree[?]

THE VOID IS CONTAINED WITHIN THE ALL.

>Why be a slave to the ideas of mankind, when nothing is given to you in return[?]

YOU OUGHT TO POSE THAT QUESTION TO YOURSELF.
>>
>>17359149
Kemetics worship the Ancient Egyptian gods. Some of them seem a little over the top with it but for the most part they seem like a pretty chill bunch.
>>
>>17359314
Interesting. Have they ever mentioned achieving contact with any deities?
>>
>>17359296
I am lost. I was just trying to piss off captain capital letters.
>>
>>17359363
contact/communication is a pretty huge part of modern polytheism imo. look up "godphone" if youre interested
>>
>>17359314
>Kemetics
WE
>>
>>17359149
Haha you would know if there was a value to do such things...
>>17359163
This guy is right up til 4. Why the fuck would you worship a future version of yourself, even if you fuck the name up and do it in third person?

>>17359239
Oh wait. He saved himself...
so you guys have all this fancy terminology for meditation.... Sounds kinky

Back to OP...
The most your going to get out of research (however psuedo) of these things is an understanding of the cultures and maybe even the politics of the time.

Unless you are actually some Mega Virgin Olive Oil Magi, it won't really be of concern to you outside of a university test.
>>
Listen, I get how this works, but I'm not interested. Even if I can see an issue doesn't mean it's really an issue for the person holding onto it.
>>
>>17360412
If I did what you wanted me to do, it would instantly kill every culture humanity has ever held. It would become physically impossible for humans to have meaning in their lives. Stop trying to do it in my stead, because you're only causing the rot by doing so.
>>
>>17360417
I know what I said, the fact is my last thread was more than enough for most people. You're literally the only one who hasn't gotten it yet. Just fucking be you, stop worrying about it.
>>
>>17359149
I think it would be about as useful as worshiping "current gods" which is to say not fucking useful at all you jack ass.
>>
File: machine_god_by_komickarl-d5tsc2s.jpg (490KB, 1024x1582px) Image search: [Google]
machine_god_by_komickarl-d5tsc2s.jpg
490KB, 1024x1582px
>>17359232
I agree with your statement of the christian god is indeed past his sell-by date. I don't know if you're a wrestling fan, but it's a lot similar to how kayfabe was killed in the 90s of wrestling and the wrestling business lost it's aura of believability forever. However, it eventually got replaced with reality TV shows which are often scripted as well, but many people do not even know this. In the same vein, the amount of people actually having good faith in Christianity has dwindled drastically. Even if they have faith in it, it's not militant faith like Islam is, at least not anymore like in the crusades of the past.

Islam is looking to take over, but that's not what current society needs. I've had a thought about it, about what should replace Christianity and I've gotten a raw idea to have some sort of technophiliac sort of religion where people worship "machine gods" who have "blessed" us with great machinery, and that it's our duty to continue working on more and more great machinery. That's just a rough idea from me, but it's at least better than Islam wherein the only things that Islam bring is complete and utter ignorance.

Off the top of my head, one of the commandments would be that one shouldn't break any sort of machinery.

We could call it something like the Church of the Machina, shortened to Machinaism.

The only trouble with this religion I've come up is that I find it hard on how moral values like those found in Christianity could be properly inserted into this. This religion could really set humanity in an eternally right path if implemented right.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.