[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rawhide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

File: bear3.jpg (92KB, 413x550px) Image search: [Google]
bear3.jpg
92KB, 413x550px
It's hard to say why I chose to write this here. I've been a regular on 4chan for a long time, and what I'm about to tell you is NOT a creepypasta or anything like that, but more of a warning. Has anyone here ever heard of the movie Prophecy, or seen those mutated bears in Fallout? I live in Sullivan County of Pennsylvania. Up here, a method of extracting natural gas called "Frac Mining" is taking place. In short, they drill to shale, and "crack" it by using a cocktail of over 100 carcinogenic compounds.
A lot of things exposed to these compounds don't live very long. Wildlife, plants, animals, even people, have suffered from it... However, there's a "thing" that wanders around attacking livestock, damaging cars, and destroying homes. People have attempted shooting at it, but from what people have said it either didn't even notice the shots or it "shrugged them off."
This thing is described as being a hairless bear with near-transparent skin, covered in tumors. Its eyes are all white, its face droops a bit, and its size is larger than a Chevy Spark, which is substantial considering the typical size of black bears around here.
A lot of locals are blaming the gas industry, associating the toxic chemicals with its severe deformities, dulled pain senses, height, abundance of tumors, etc. To some extent they may be right, because any and all sightings of what the locals are calling "Rawhide" have not made it to the news, newspaper, and is completely by word of mouth. The gas industry holds PA by the balls when it comes to negative publicity.
The theory is that Rawhide (if he exists) is destined for death within the decade due to severe deformities. The greatest fear is that Rawhide, having no fear of humans, may turn aggressive in the way that Rabies causes in the nervous system, and if something that can shrug off three 9mm shots to the abdomen gets angry, we got a MAJOR problem.
>>
I suppose the point to this story, or maybe even the purpose of Rawhides existence is to serve as an example. Whatever you folks do, don't let the Frac Mining industry invade your homes. If they don't kill everything, they'll create something terrible.
>>
From Erie. This interests me.
>>
Tienen que denunciar a las autoridades
>>
http://strangesounds.org/mystery-booms-and-rumblings

Here anon, strange beasts aren't the only thing happening in Sullivan. There have been many strange things that have occurred in Sullivan throughout history.
>>
File: coal ad.jpg (92KB, 382x257px) Image search: [Google]
coal ad.jpg
92KB, 382x257px
>>17358194
>scrawny manlet
My mother lives in Laporte. Where in Sullivan are you? How do you get internet? Did you shell out for satellite, or are you using that crappy DSL? And the gas industry aint got nuthin on the coal bizniz. If there was muck to rake, they would be doing it.
>>
>>17358358
>scrawny manlet
Oops, that was for a different thread, sorry.
>>
>>17358194
>9mm
>any bear
Nigga a 300 WM will drop that fucker no matter how deformed it is
>>
>>17358367
Why would hunters that regularly shoot and kill bears be using anything with 9mm rounds anyway?

http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/2015/11/bear_of_nearly_500_pounds_bagg.html

>He downed the bruin with a single shot from his Remington .260 rifle and listened as the bear disappeared into the laurel, but soon stopped moving. It had gone less than 20 yards.
>>
>>17358194
Maybe it is made of pure cancer & is immoral like that EMT from the x-files.
>>
>>17358393
Yeah I don't know, homedawg.

Maybe OP is a fag
>>
>>17358406
>pure cancer
So /x/
>>
>>17358406
I doubt any chemical that is a byproduct of fracking would actually end up deforming a creature to the point it is Brutish, and past the point of killing. Any animal exposed would likely just succumb to sickness, and would be weak rather than stronger. The creature in question, if it is even valid, would be one of an undiscovered species, or supernatural. I'd find fracking to be benign in this occasion.
>>
I'd also like to point out that hunters have been turning out in droves for the last few years. Scouting specifically for the areas frequented by bears in order to get good spots when bear season starts.

http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/2015/11/bear_hunters_could_be_on_verge.html

>Statewide black-bear populations remain stable at record levels, an estimated 18,000 bears, according to Ternent.

>Hunter participation also is expected to be high. A record number of hunters purchased a bear license last year, and more than 175,000 hunters are likely to be licensed again this year if recent trends continue.

>The 2014 statewide harvest of 3,366 bears was the seventh largest in state history, and continues a string of recent bear seasons in the record books. Nine of Pennsylvania's largest black bear harvests have occurred in the past 10 years.

>>17358414
I mean, with all these hunters around if there was word of mouth that some giant cancer bear was going around harming animals and folk they would all be out there tracking it.
>>
>>17358362
>>17358358
>justshillythings
>When you post a jab at OPs masculinity
>but you was just trying to insinuate you knew where he lived
>>
>>17358440
>uses the word insinuate, but says 'you was'
>>
>>17358440
No seriously, I was trying to find a good picture of the Crimson King in the Dark Tower screeching and throwing sneetches to post in the Red King thread in response to a guy asking if he was a scrawny manlet, but couldn't find a good pic so gave up. I forget I had highlighted that bit of text.

I don't really know where he lives, Sullivan County isn't big, but it's sparse and secluded. And if I was a shill, why wouldn't I be thread sliding instead of staying on topic about a giant cancer bear in north-central PA?
>>
>>17358194
I actually did see the movie Prophecy. Kind of suckish as expected, but the kid in the sleeping bag getting killed was funny.
>>
>>17358196
Frac you
>>
File: back patio, left.jpg (2MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
back patio, left.jpg
2MB, 1824x1368px
It's a great area for innawoods stuff. When I lived briefly in Laporte, they had just put in a stoplight for the town. Just one. I remember the day my mother was pissed that her neighbors cut down a few trees and she could see their house now. You could wander outside naked in the afternoon with no problems - fun experiment with my own taboos.

To get groceries, we would drive to Dushore instead of pay the higher price in Laporte. The nearest big chain store (a Wal-Mart) wasn't even in the county, but a good 40 mins drive away. If you saw another car on the road, the locals would call that traffic.

Never saw anything spooky, but if you're in those woods at night, you can feel Nature's eyes on you.
>>
>>17358481
I used to live in a town called Grand Marais, MN. Two hours drive to nearest walmart on either side, only one road goes through the town. To the north is the boundary waters, south is the lake, north west is canada. I am convinced that if it werent for the tourist industry there, it would be one of the most secluded places in America
>>
File: back patio, right.jpg (2MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
back patio, right.jpg
2MB, 1824x1368px
>>17358481
Pics related. There's a neighbor somewhere behind the trees in previous pic. The right side bordered govt. forest though, so it went for a few miles. Nice blueberry patches back there, homemade blueberry jam and syrup is awesome.

There's supposed to be a wire from the prominent tree to the house holding birdfeeders. They had been torn down by some black bears the week before, but I was never there to see any bears. :(
>>
File: front yard.jpg (1MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
front yard.jpg
1MB, 1824x1368px
>>17358490
Awesome. Remoteness is so nice, but the net connectivity was shit and there's so little work I had to move to the city.

And at this point I'm turning this thread into personal blog, but whatev. Hopefully these pics might help some creepypasta inspiration. I suppose someone hanging on the tire-swing cross-post in previous pic is a bit cliche.
>>
>>17358519
Yeah we recently got broadband so now net connectivity is 9/10
>>
>>17358367
this

using 9mm on a fucking bear, let alone a deformed supermutant bear is retarded, and arguably, extremely cruel and unethical.

Bring the fucking rifles, problem solved.
>>
>>17358519
I like your blog.
>>
File: house innawoods.jpg (1MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
house innawoods.jpg
1MB, 1824x1368px
>>17358519
So no other info on the evil frakkers or the mutant superbear? Cuz I'm out of pics I want to share.
>>
File: wood stove.jpg (1MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
wood stove.jpg
1MB, 1824x1368px
>>17358534
Then a bonus pic to you. Heating via wood stove. If you were hot at night, you had to shut the door to your room; there was no worry about "wasting heat," as the log was going to burn no matter what, so no worries on leaving a door open either.

Note the hint of "Grandma's house" you see in the living room, replete with ACTUAL house phone (still in use today).
>>
File: F5.large.jpg (347KB, 1280x1027px) Image search: [Google]
F5.large.jpg
347KB, 1280x1027px
>>17358543
I have pic related, through it lacks the impact of OPs copypasta...

The biggest shit is the amount of water they wreck with benzyne and w/e else if you fish, you should be mad as hell.
>>
>>17358560
oh shit son is that a Staub on that stove?
Thats some fine cookware there.
>>
>>17358585
I...guess? It's an old-timey Glade Plug-in. Boil some water on the stove and throw in some fragrant leaves an shit and the vapor rises through the lid (the lid is a lattice) and makes things smell nice.
>>
>>17358595
oh nevermind then, it's not.
>>
>>17358585
The stove itself is mad nice too.
I've only ever fucked with the little ones that take wood or coal & are half that size...
That'll still be going when you get back from walmart!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17358238
Same here, eriebro. Also 814 here.
>>
File: So op found this guy.png (277KB, 1366x806px) Image search: [Google]
So op found this guy.png
277KB, 1366x806px
related? dunno...

but another OP found this guy in a house, with a large cage, hiding in the basement...

when photoshopping i saw clear defined features of:
>horns like a circle of them, on the top of his skull
>maybe a mandible/deformed pincer jaw (like predator)
also top fangs maybe

from the thread 'burned house exploration' last week.

>note i typically assume its reptilians so this stuff is new
>>
File: err.png (216KB, 672x700px) Image search: [Google]
err.png
216KB, 672x700px
>>17359044
other pic
>>
>>17359044
Woah, spooky
That was this thread:
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17329579/
Yeah?
>>
>>17359049
yea
>>
>>17359046
>if it's random background noise it's amazing

not really
>>
So it's deadpool the bear?
>>
>>17359152
statistically speaking, the odds of that noise generated randomly is < 0.0001%

however the odds the phone company fucked with the picture on the sim card is 1-25%
>>
You guys know real mutants are gurgling and dying not bulletproof with superpowers?
>>
>>17359357
This near is made entirely of pure cancer, from snout to colon.

It regenerates at a bearanomal rate, not to mention, its skull-cancer is growing extra, exta-creepy teeth .

It's muscles aren't exactly muscles, the pure-cancer body-type is more like a slime-mold than an animal, if you cut it in half, you get two of them.

Rawhide can survived tempetures between 1Kelvin & 300C . you can't reason around this, it's unreasonable!
>>
>>17359385
jfc
>>
>>17358419
Zozzle
>>
>>17359385
Spoiler
It's not good news
>>
>>17358459

Well, OP here. I'd rather not reveal my location, but I can say that I live on the outskirts of a woodland area. Yes, I'm stuck with DSL from fucktier/frontier.

>>17359357
Someone didn't read the whole post.
>The theory is that Rawhide (if he exists) is destined for death within the decade due to severe deformities.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.