[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin Peaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: twinpeaks.jpg (20KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
twinpeaks.jpg
20KB, 480x270px
A friend has suggested (demanded) I watch Twin Peaks, and I've tried, honest, but I just can't stay focused. It starts slow - does it stay slow? I've watched about half of season one, but I'm having trouble connecting to any of the characters enough to care about the plot. Maybe I'm not ready to watch? I was born in the late eighties, and totally watched and loved X-Files, but for some reason Twin Peaks just doesn't work for me. I'd like to know all about it without skipping to the end or reading episode synopsis. Suggestions?
>>
Not a good enough excuse. I was born in the 90s and love Twin Peaks. It may seem slow at first but you'll begin to love it. S2 gets a bit annoying but is still worth the watch. New season is gonna be released soon after like 25 years so you might wanna start soon.
>>
>>17356888
It's over-rated, trips.

I managed to get through 5 episodes and couldn't continue. Every character was uber annoying, the story was dumb, the dialogue was boring.
>>
>>17356895
Not OP, but I totally sympathise

I saw a bunch of David Lynch movies because my roommate was into them & I thought they were trash desu.

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>17356895
Yeah, that's exactly why I've been told to watch. I'm trying, really. I'm sure if it was in a written format, I'd be better off - I just feel like the show is slow and the acting/timing is off? Idk how to explain it, it just feels...off.
>>
>>17356906
>uber annoying
>Can't pay attention

Jesus Fucking Christ. I hope the Zika virus evolves to just kill millenials.
>>
>>17356906
Exactly! Without trying to piss anyone off, this is exactly how I feel. Everyone seems kinda whiny and the plot is just so slow. I'm not sure how to make it seem more interesting... It may be that modern writers/directors have spoiled me, so when I see something that's more "bland" I can't focus.
>>
File: DE3jhvl.jpg (236KB, 1520x1138px) Image search: [Google]
DE3jhvl.jpg
236KB, 1520x1138px
>>17356937
>whiny

Exactly this.

Also, The biker guy had the most annoying face ever.
>>
>>17356932
C'mon, dude, we're trying to have a discussion, here. Don't bring Fox News buzz words into it. Feel free to go to /pol/ if you want to rant about off-topic shit, thanks.

To everyone else on-topic, is there something similar to the show I could watch to get started? Or maybe even scripts. Again, the whole written vs visual thing might help.
>>
>>17356937
Yeah I get that. The teenagers are annoying (except for Audrey) but other than that, the whole thing with BOB is pretty interesting.
>>
>>17356951
I'm this anon
>>17356918
& I think my favourite move he made was blue velvet, it has a lot of the same "cerebral" spookysurrealistic feels I see twin peaks lauded for & it's only twoish hours.
>>
>>17356968
See, it's telling that I don't even recall those names. I just remember them finding Laura on the shore, and running around trying to find the killer. They blame the boyfriend(?) and that's not quite right, and then that side story of the abusive relationship (which was the scary part, for me). But nothing jumped out as truly spooky or paranormal, which is what my friend kept hinting at.
>>
TP had one of the most memorable characters in TV history, Special Agent Dal Cooper.

First episode was hard to get into until Cooper appeared.
>>
>>17356888
Suck it up, it gets better I promise
>>
Definitely watch it, OP, it's only 2 seasons. It can feel slow at times and a lot of subplots got annoying in season 2, but it's still an amazing and disturbing show.
>>
>>17356988
>nothing jumped out as truly spooky or paranormal
So you missed the aliens, the telepathic log, the interdimensional murderer, the FBI being a hotbed of Tibetan Buddhist masters, and the astral messages?

David Lynch is a very acquired taste. His movies (and TV show) are more about the unsettling feeling you get while watching them. There is plot, and symbolism, but all of that is less important than the mood and audience emotion.

When I watch any other TV show, it is fake. I mean they are real people, in a fake situation, trying VERY hard to make the situation believable. But with Twin Peaks, I don't feel like I'm watching real people in a fake situation or world. It is a real world, a world where TV is the reality. No one is trying to make the situation feel believable, yet I sense it is more real than something like Law&Order.

>>17357115
Agent Cooper is the perfect man. Shame what happened at the end; I can understand why so many hated it. We'll see if the new season can rectify that, if it ever comes through.
>>
File: leland-palmer-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
leland-palmer-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
This thread needs more dancing.
>>
When we meet again, it will not be me.
>>
>>17356895
>>17356918

Seriously the real problem is your pals who overhyped you. People need to learn to understate and be modest when they want to get their friends addicted to stuff they like. What happened is it changed your open attitude into a challenging posture and, well, this dampens anything. If you want to turn on your friends to something good, you have to find a way to make it seem like they found out about how good it is on their own.
>>
>>17356888
You gave it a fair try, if it's not for you it's not for you. I hate people that treat media like an obligation. Watch his movies instead.
>>
>>17356888
have you seen her tittays?
>>
>>17356888

doesn't get any better. it's overrated hipster shit that people are afraid to admit sucks. david lynch can suck a dick and try making something relevant before he dies.
>>
everyone says season 2 is ruybbish but my god I've not got any momney
>>
>>17356888
Just don't watch it, no one will be hurt if you dislike a piece of media and decide not to watch it. And honestly, if your friend likes to demand that you watch something, he's an asshole.
There is not a single piece of entertainment media that you HAVE to consume, unlike every fucking body seems to think about the shit they like.
Personally, I hate it when some fucker tries to get me to watch something if I didn't ask for a suggestion first.
Tell your friend to fuck off and watch something you actually enjoy.
>>
>>17356906
>>17356937

would you guys have liked it better if there was like explosions and breaking bad stuff?
>>
only thing I like from lynch is eraserhead
it's like an existential crisis seen through a nightmare-ish lense
>>
>>17359439
I'd have liked it better if it wasn't shit.

You assume people are less intelligent because they dislike a shitty TV show?

Tell me one good thing about Twin Peaks.
>>
>>17359478
>tell me one good thing about Twin Peaks

not that guy, but I think the main theme is great
don't like the show much tho
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhJo7aljnQg
>>
I am currently watching Twin Peaks season 1, I started watching it on Tuesday.

I remember /tv/ raving about it while True Detective season 1 was airing but I didn't watch it, I waited until the dust settled.

I like the setting, Twin Peaks is like a character almost, like I said I avoided it when /tv/ was hyping it but after playing GTA5 and experiencing the countryside, I wanted to see shows set in places like that and this was top of my list.

The FBI guy is great, the sharp suited and quick witted city guy in this hick tow, the weird bits are very subtle so far, the bit with the dwarf was a little unsettling and I like that's there this sense of mystery and darkness in the town.
>>
>>17358079
>>17358060
someone just give me spoilers to this series. cbfd to watch this shit from beginning to end
>>
File: 1412016660774.jpg (33KB, 889x632px) Image search: [Google]
1412016660774.jpg
33KB, 889x632px
>>17359517
Just watch it, you lazy newfag, some things can only be experienced. But if you insist, read this spoiler-filled account from another first-timer:

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14769572
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14833444
>>
File: 1446619876901.jpg (46KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1446619876901.jpg
46KB, 380x380px
>>
>>17359439

You just described Twin Peaks without the explosions and cartel violence.
>>
The paranormal shit very gradually blends in that seemingly normal story, and it's kinda 4deep7u too so I can see why it may seem extremely slow and dull for people who are used to the monster per episode stuff.
>>
>>17360252
Pretty much this. I hard a hard time focusing at first, but I really wanted to know what was going on, so I pushed on. Each episode gets a little more 'wait what the fuck just happened/did I just see?' It slowly amps up the paranormal until you hit the last episode of season two and you're knee deep in what the fuck.

That being said, really stoked for season 3, 2's cliffhanger game was strong, I'm damn glad I waited til just last year to watch the show.
>>
>>17358044
>>17356888
>>17356895
>>17360252
>>17360307

>Falling for D Lynch meme

I bet you'll lap up anything your theater friends shill.
>>
File: adhd.jpg (60KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
adhd.jpg
60KB, 800x800px
>>17360341
Whoa, 'meme' and 'shill' in one scathing comment. You're a 4chan menace, that's for sure.
>>
>>17360350
His idea of a good paranormal show is probably Ghost Adventures.
>>
>>17360307
I'm looking forward to season 3 as well. Hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.
>>
>>17356888
It's a shit show mate
>>
>>17360664
It was a good show
>>
>>17359517
It's not exactly a plot you can easily describe. Mainly because the plot isn't really trying to make sense.

I guess you could say an interdimensional killer (Bob) possesses people and made a father kill his daughter, and there were some aliens or other dimensional good things fighting Bob. The FBI agent was in the center of all of this, and had been before, but apparently succumbs to Bob's possession at the end. There's a lot of other side story and narrative threads that just drop, though.
>>
>>17361645
>there were some aliens or other dimensional good things fighting Bob

It wasn't very clear if they were "fighting" Bob or just using him to their own end and interfering when they didn't like what he was doing.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 640x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 640x542px
This fucker always creeped me the fuck out. He was a costume guy on the show that they used for "bob" irl fag that died of aids a few yrs later
>>
File: c2fff6280f4771747fdf5686dcbb9c0a.jpg (526KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c2fff6280f4771747fdf5686dcbb9c0a.jpg
526KB, 1080x1080px
>>17362282
>died of AIDS
>must be a fag

Look, I know we're on 4chan, but come on.
>>
>>17356888
Each to their own anon. I marathoned it recently and fucking loved it. Coop is now one of my all time favourite characters. The ending blew my nuts off.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.