[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /x/ Radio Show - Episode 1 - Love Is In The Air

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 30

File: 1450161831069.png (73KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1450161831069.png
73KB, 500x390px
Good morning /x/. We hope you’re well. Settle down, settle in, grab a blanket and a nice cup of tea. You’re listening to The /x/ Radio Show.

Today we’re bringing you the pilot episode of a monthly podcast dedicated to the creepy, the kooky, the mysterious and the spooky. Please join us as we hear reports from the frontier of human exploration, warnings from beyond the realms of plausibility, musings from a group of horror film experts and finally a message from our owner and overlord, a twisted being with a flair for the theatric.

The entire show is 60 minutes long but we’ve broken it down in to easily digestible chunks for you. Feel free to skip around and listen to the show in any order you like.

The incident report from Dyatlov Pass will commence immediately after this introduction at 2:03. It’s a short report that some in our communications department refused to believe. Make up your own mind when you hear the chilling tale.

At 5:37 a field correspondent will relay his latest foray in to urban exploration. Oddly though, he’s still in the field, communicating with us through the marvel of wireless broadcast. He won’t leave for some reason, let’s hope that he’s fine and dandy.

If you want to hear about a collection of fine cinematography, and some not so fine cinematography, skip to 22:55 to hear our in house horror buffs chit-chatting.

Our lord, master and one true king will be presenting his own musings at 46:48, so if hearing the words of a superior being is your thing, that’s your target.

If you’re listening to this podcast live on the /x/ listenalong thread please pitch in with your thoughts, comments and opinions on the show. Keep an eye out for teasers and titbits related to the show. You might see something you like.

But most of all, get comfy and enjoy the show.

https://soundcloud.com/the_x_radio_show/the-x-radio-show-episode-1-love-is-in-the-air

If you can hold your spooks, give it 5 minutes and we'll listen together.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/the_x_radio_show/the-x-radio-show-episode-1-love-is-in-the-air
>>
Shoutout to our friend The Editor who helped us create this show with both content and technical work.

The Editor's 14th weekly news roundup thread is now live at >>>>17356624

We hope you enjoy the show, and check out The Editor while you listen!

Happy Valentine's Day!
>>
wtf. is this for real?
>>
>>17356716

Listenalong starts now! Click play and discuss the show in real time!

>>
File: El-yeti-ruso-4.jpg (210KB, 1200x767px) Image search: [Google]
El-yeti-ruso-4.jpg
210KB, 1200x767px
You've just heard about the Dyatlov Pass incident, telegraphed directly from the frontier of the First /x/ Galactic Empire. A preliminary report is available here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Photos from the scene.
>>
>>17356726
OMG> did you guys really make this? it's sounds fucking pro. well done.
>>
>>17356769

Credits are at the end friendo, keep listening!
>>
this is cool
>>
>>17356707
Excellent work fellas.
>>
File: x radio logo.png (72KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
x radio logo.png
72KB, 500x390px
>>17356788

You're cool. Have a spooky jim.
>>
File: Skeleton+war+comp_319641_5574397.jpg (175KB, 780x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton+war+comp_319641_5574397.jpg
175KB, 780x1041px
>>
File: SJ Tea.jpg (45KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
SJ Tea.jpg
45KB, 960x685px
>>17356789

Negi!

It's nice to hear from you again. I hope you've got your tea.
>>
Wow. So it turned out that our field reporter just gave you all an astral STD like in It Follows but not shit.

RIP you guys.

This is the official /x/ radio logo btw.
>>
>>17356707
Nice, I just got a cup of gunpowder tea, ready to roll.
>>
My body is ready
>>
File: Skeleton_e54a48_5574397.jpg (128KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton_e54a48_5574397.jpg
128KB, 500x673px
Ooh, haters already. Neat.

This is pretty damn awesome, OP. The production quality is off the charts for /x/-related OC. When will the next episode be out?
>>
Oh wow, I remember when yo guys did the recruitment for this, its great to see /x/ doing something productive. I'll give it a listen later, good luck to you lads with the podcast.
>>
>>17356833

It's monthly for now, we're hoping to make a lot of stock content every month and get a better outline of who we have available. We want to cut the production cycle to fortnightly, then weekly if we can, but both of those things are a long time away.

Keep an eye out for us around the middle of next month. We'll make announcements on twitter, which will be listed in the end credits.
>>
>>17356837

Thanks!

We'll be putting it on iTunes some time tonight too, so people can download it and listen on the move. The file is about 150mb.

Details will be posted in the thread. Just ctrl f iTunes in a few hours.
>>
File: SJ Flashing.jpg (552KB, 1800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
SJ Flashing.jpg
552KB, 1800x2100px
Hey Wolfhacks, here's what Spooky Jim thinks of you!
>>
>>17356807
Drinking a nice infusion of Gotu Kola at the moment, to decalcify my pineal gland.
>>
>>17356885
>to decalcify my pineal gland.

Ohboyherewego.aif

inb4 10,000 replies

Also, fluoride.
>>
Spooky Jim is my new waifu

>TFW Spooky Jim is now headcanon voice of X-Tan
>>
>>17356885
nothing to see here folks but pretentious bullshit.
>>
>astral AIDS
>you never get rid of it
>>
>>17356933

>castrated penis
>>
And that was Spooky Jim, our skellington overlord.

Thanks everyone who was here for the listenalong! Anyone just arriving, you're in for a treat! If you have any thoughts, let us know!
>>
Okay this is really good.
>>
File: received_10208737808111104.jpg (196KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208737808111104.jpg
196KB, 1080x1776px
Pretty decent stuff gents. Looking forward to more in the future.
>>
>>17356995
>>17357001

Thanks guys. We do it 4u.

Anything in particular you'd like to hear more of? Less of?
>>
File: triumph1.jpg (5KB, 160x152px) Image search: [Google]
triumph1.jpg
5KB, 160x152px
>>17356863
Thanks for the heads-up, if you guys ever need help, I imagine /x/ would help, me included.
>>
Just a teeny tiny technical cock up, during the film discussion piece starting at 22:55 you should probably make sure you have your left earbud in if you're using headphones.

Learning!
>>
>>17357033
we'll always be looking to /x/ for content and creativity. you're welcome to contribute.
>>
>>17357033

Keep an eye out for a recruitment thread which should be posted in a couple of weeks. We want more members, anyone is welcome to help out regardless of skill level or time available.

Details on how to get involved will be posted in about 14 days. You can follow @SpookyJim_TXRS for up to date information.
>>
Bumperino. Next time you should interview some kind of, I dunno, expert archaelogist or something tbqhmff
>>
>>17357117
We had a demon interview but it got cut :(
>>
Good show. How can fellow /x/ers get involved?
>>
>>17357270

We'll be having another round of recruitment in about a fortnight, keep your eyes peeled for the thread. If you want to make sure you see it, follow @SpookyJim_TXRS on twitter for updates.
>>
Good shit, x radio!
>>
>>17356707
is there a place were I can sign up? I've been busy lately but if there was a recruitment I must of missed it
>>
>>17357494

We'll be having another round of recruitment in about a fortnight, keep your eyes peeled for the thread. If you want to make sure you see it, follow @SpookyJim_TXRS on twitter for updates.
>>
File: Wisdom cirno.jpg (25KB, 602x173px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom cirno.jpg
25KB, 602x173px
loved the episode
>>
>>17357516

T... Thanks senpai. If there's any particular bit you loved more than another we'd love to hear so we can tailor our content.
>>
>>17356707
Just listened and I have to say that this is such pretentious shit.
>>
first 25 min was good.
stopped listening when the reddit sounding douche-bag starting his "analysis" of August Underground. His voice just oozed pretentiousness of a college freshman who took 1 film class and thinks he is now Gene Siskel. Who wants to hear a cunt like that?
I might listen to the next episode if that guy is hanging himself.
>>
>>17357569

I can't hear you over the sound of my Craft beer popping at exactly 23 degrees desu.
>>
>>17356707
my only constructive criticism is i would like to really see you break down some unsolved mysteries and give some theories. At least 1 or 2 per show. maybe take them from the wiki thread.
>>
>>17357584
The dude did sound kind of full of shit but I gotta say august underground was a pretty shite movie. At least he wasn't pretentious enough to enjoy it.
>>
>>17357584

The guy is currently hanging himself with toilet paper right now.
>>
>>17357643

That sounds like a brilliant idea, we'll definitely look in to it for the next episode. We could have a bit where all the cast just shoot the shit unscripted about unsolved mysteries.
>>
>>17357001
>>17357024

The movie stuff was pretty good, but some original content might be nice. You guys sound like a creative bunch.

Who is that Midnight guy? He sounds familiar.
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 640x1136px
>>17356885
>>
File: cicada-s.gif (2MB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
cicada-s.gif
2MB, 333x333px
The Dyatlov Pass section was perfect. The speed of transmission is just right, if you can understand what I mean. I like the mood created by the ambient music, but I would say don't put ambient music under the film review section because it's distracting. That is, I like the music during 'story' segments, but it's distracting in 'reality' segments, and the presence of ambient music might be a good way to distinguish one type of segment from the other. That said, this is the best thing on /x/ in years, and I await what comes next.
>>
>>17357812

He used to stream spooky games on /x/ a few years ago. That might be where you recognise him from. We might actually start that up again if people are interested.
>>
>>17357898

Thanks man, we'll definitely take that on board. We'll work out a way to make the filler less distracting on real segments in future. We need it there because absolute dead air sounds discomforting, but we can make it less noticeable or almost inaudible, or just work on reducing pauses between people speaking.

We'll work it out!
>>
Im not at computer where is download pls
>>
>>17357966

We'll have it up very soon. When we're looking at the how to for uploading podcasts for iTunes we're just walking away from the computer.

We'll stick with it for you though anon. x
>>
>>17357966
anything2mp3.com
soundflush.com
http://scdownloader.net/
>>
>>17357938
Streaming games on /x/?

I like this
>>
>>17357966

Trying to get it on iTunes revealed several interesting things. First, you can now download from the soundcloud, so if that's an option for you, press the download button on https://soundcloud.com/the_x_radio_show

As for iTunes, it has been submitted and is currently being reviewed by Apple. We have no idea how long this takes. If you search for /x/ radio or The /x/ Radio Show it should be there when Apple give the ok.
>>
>>17358041
I second this
>>
>>17358041
>>17358093

Midnight is considering it.
>>
So how spooky are you guys?
>>
>>17358365

About 3.50.
>>
So it turns out that if you search for /x/ radio on iTunes you just get Chris Moyles' Radio X.

We need a better way of doing this.
>>
File: spookyjim.jpg (582KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
spookyjim.jpg
582KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: migo1.jpg (557KB, 1280x985px) Image search: [Google]
migo1.jpg
557KB, 1280x985px
>https://soundcloud.com/the_x_radio_show/the-x-radio-show-episode-1-love-is-in-the-air

This sounds almost professional.

I find it hard to believe that a bunch of neckbearded fags from one of the most mentally challenged boards on 4chan actually made this podcast.

There's something fishy going on here.
>>
>>17356707
The intro was alright and spoopy

but I stopped listening when I heard your fucking HOMOEROTIC whisper voice shit. WTF? Is being gay the new spook around here?
>>
>>17359803
It sure scared you off
>>
File: Spooky Jim.png (2KB, 117x88px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky Jim.png
2KB, 117x88px
4 u
>>
>>17357749
Keep ut as is, I say
This format works great on script, if future episodes are as consistent, then you'll have a hit program for sure.
>>
>>17359789

Alright, you've got us, this is MK ULTRA.
>>
File: the_future_you_chose.jpg (173KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
the_future_you_chose.jpg
173KB, 786x800px
It's not the radio show you need, it's the one you deserve.
>>
File: skeleton-mix.jpg (349KB, 1151x791px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-mix.jpg
349KB, 1151x791px
>>17356708
I gotta say, I am impressed. This was about a thousand times more enjoyable to listen to than I anticipated! It's very /x/ but in all the right ways!

Of course, I would have titled the first episode Love is ON the Air but we can't have everything. Good job /x/ people!
>>
>>17356707
Fuck man, the talk host needs a smooth, deep voice, so it attracts, but creeps out viewers, instead of a guy sounding he's never gotten laid once in his life
>>
>>17361096
I don't agree. I think the hosts sound more like what and who /x/ is, speculations as to their sex lives notwithstanding. I guess, for me, I like that the show sounds produced by /x/, for /x/.
>>
>>17361105
Not quite my point, I'd rather see the station make it boom, instead of being independent, I do see your point, the episode created a creepy atmosphere, and the talk host did sound like his character, he creates perfect monologue for the episode too, meaning he's practiced, unlike other people.
>>
>>17361145
I could see that. I guess I'm just surprised and pleased enough that it wasn't just rambling, unfortunate garbage that I'm satisfied!
>>
About to listen to it! I'll let you know how I like it (:
>>
>>17356707
Maybe you guys could do dramatic readings of the best green texts and other stories? Treat them like stories found by your reporters.
>>
>>17356707
Honestly, it was pretty shitty. The constant music playing was annoying. Maybe you thought it created ambiance, but it was just gay. Don't give a shit about horror movie reviews either. Maybe the show will get better in the future though.
>>
>>17361096
>Fuck man, the talk host needs a smooth, deep voice, so it attracts, but creeps out viewers, instead of a guy sounding he's never gotten laid once in his life

Which person are you talking about?
>>
I kind of have a voice for radio. Need another OP?
>>
Also I would kill the constant background music it's weird as fuck.
>>
>>17361273

We'll be producing OC rather than covering other peoples' stuff. A major part of our original mandate included freshness and we want to deliver it.

If someone wants their greentext read on air we're looking at ways to have call ins from /x/, details will be posted at some point in the future.
>>
>>17361321

We'll be having another round of recruitment in about 2 weeks, follow @SpookyJim_TXRS on twitter to make sure you don#t miss the thread.
>>
>>17361444
Idk man I think that you can definitely pull some great material from the site. Maybe not the most commonly known stories like the one with the goatman and the 11 kids in the trailer, but stuff like the Australian guy in the woods with the worrigal hating creeper.

I know you've talked about recruiting and all that but I think I could definitely do some great readings of stories like this guy said >>17361273
>>
>>17361530

We've built a small list of people from the board who have interesting stories to tell over the last couple of months, we want to do interviews with them or have them just tell their story.

We didn't make it large scale because seeing "hey would you be interested in telling this story on /x/ radio" in every thread might be a little jarring for people. That said, we only have 3 people on the list so there's definitely scope for improving our roster.

If anyone ITT has any interesting stories they want to share email [email protected] a brief outline and we'll work from there.

We'll also work on asking people in other threads to get involved more than we have been.

Thanks for the great feedback!
>>
Instead of that shitty record popping sound at the beginning, /x/ radio should have an opening like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsaFDZfz8Lc
>>
this is pretty decent OP
>>
>>17361808

Oh God yes, the last 10 seconds of that video are perfect. We'll definitely make something like that for future!
>>
Bellgab here. Your shitty little podcast run by snot nosed teenagers can't compete with Heather Wade. It's just laughable. This is what you've come up with? Heather gets actual guests.
>>
>>17361867

Thanks friendo!
>>
>>17361878

We here at /x/ radio wholeheartedly support Bellgab's attempt at running a fanfic radio station, it makes us look better by comparison.
>>
>>17361878
> BellGab tried to do their own show to compete with Hoagie and it wasn't even /x/ tier.

Go play music for 2 hours again because your host sucks so badly she can't even find anything to talk about.
>>
>>17356707

good work.

anything you need help with?
>>
>>17361929

If you want to join the team we'll be having a round of recruitment in about 2 weeks time. Follow @SpookyJim_TXRS on twitter if you want to be sure you don't miss the thread.
>>
>>17361937

will do. i'm david collins.
>>
>>17361944

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgI7kIkwca8
>>
>>17361878
Oh now. Frankly I found the fictional guest on the /x/ podcast pretty funny! That's the sort of thing that'd keep me listening. It hinges somewhere between The Muppet Show and The Hour of Slack, but still being /x/'s very own flavor.
>>
>102 replies
>39 posters
Whole lot of self promotion here, huh?
>>
>>17362052
That's actually less than three statements per poster. That's a more than acceptable ratio. Are you sure you're not just trying to be petty and contrary for less than quality reasons?
>>
>>17362052

We're replying to questions friendo. It's a strange concept but people tend to use Ugandan basket weaving chatrooms like /x/ to communicate with each other. Sometimes they say more than 1 thing in reply to someone else.
>>
>>17356707
Here are my criticisms, I'm writing this while the outro drones on and on.
My notes are mostly in order
shorten the intro song
drop the over produced audio audio effects and music bed. These make listening a real chore. No old timey news reel effects pls
Your dyatlov segment was too short, with none of the shit that makes the a mystery, it came off like some campers just died, that's all
I don't think you need "spooky" voices between every segment reminding you what podcast you put on
The audio effects during the story were really bad, the bed and the echo made it unlistenable
One person on the movie segment only came through one speaker
The music bed was mostly fine here, but got way louder than the speaker several times
the movie segment was far too long no need to hear about 3 random movies from 3 random people. Maybe pick 1 that all can briefly comment on
the reddit sketch was pure fucking reddit, pass
the end sketch and outro was less awful, but was drug on far to long

tl;dr
drop audio effects/music bed
shorten everything but main segment
lengthen main segment
>>
>>17362448

Thanks for your advice. We'll definitely address most of it for the next episode. The left channel thing was hilarious when we found out about it and the people responsible are still getting ribbed for it.

As for the between segments, we actually had a plan for those that we didn't implement. We'll be using them for shorts and other quick content. They won't be as ponderous next episode.

Would you like us to upload a less manipulated version of the story so you can enjoy it?
>>
self promotional bump
>>
>>17361876
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyewU6rW91U
>>
>>17363199
Pretty sure you guys could actually use this since it out of print and no one has ever claimed rights to it since
Nice song
>>
You guys are awesome I'm really excited to see what comes next
>>
>>17363843

You're awesome.
>>
Thanks to everyone so far for the amazing feedback. We'd still love to hear more if you've been lurking or if you're just joining the thread!
>>
>>17356707
its a good show, but its just not my thing. its nice though well done and ill try again later
>>
that first OC donut steal (soul harvester thing) was baaaad. it sounded like something a highschooler would write
>>
>>17364178
To be fair, most of the stuff written on here is written by highschoolers
>>
It was very enjoyable, only criticism is the ambient music while the guy was telling the story might've been too loud, I couldn't focus on it very much but all the rest was fun, good interaction between everyone.
>>
>>17364678
thank you kind person. there will be better monitoring and mixing of sound levels in future episodes. glad you enjoyed it.
>>
File: skeletons_clapping.gif (2MB, 630x351px) Image search: [Google]
skeletons_clapping.gif
2MB, 630x351px
In case you're arriving late, check out the first episode of our podcast here:

>>
>>17364832
The show was pretty good for a first effort. i can see how, with some work, it can become something substantial. good luck with this.
>>
Good!
>>
Whoever has that amazing voice, I will be gay with you.

I want you to whisper sweet pillow talk nothings into my ear while I fall asleep.

Hot damn, I may be gay now
>>
>>17366440

Actually we're all pretty gay.
>>
We had someone on soundcloud ask if we had an RSS feed.

If anyone wants to add us to their feed, the link is: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:193593094/sounds.rss
>>
Good first effort. Some (I hope) constructive criticism;
Intro music was too long
The old school radio sound effect on the Dyatlov pass piece was too strong, a nice idea but became a chore, try toning it back a little?
Background music for stories is ok, but again too strong in the mix, try quieter music for stories and drop it altogether for interviews?
Film reviews isn't great content, skipped most of it, I dont care what some random chode thinks about a shit film, maybe its just me?
The ending bit with the pitch up and down was gay lol
Still, better than I was expecting given the 20 minutes I spent in the skype group, so good effort!
>>
>>17368049

Thanks for the advice. We'll definitely work on the audio levels and break lengths.
>>
Can't hear shit captain ease up on the filters.
>>
>>17368755

We will for the next episode. We'll see major changes both technical and content related for the next episode, and we'll improve every episode thereafter.
>>
File: Midnight_Conspiracy[1].jpg (14KB, 447x447px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight_Conspiracy[1].jpg
14KB, 447x447px
>>
>>17368049
you don't understand spooky jim, he's our savior.
>>
>>17356707
>after this introduction at 2:03
2 fucking minutes to stroke your ego? jesus christ

unfortunately i've noticed a lot of podcasts now have shit-long intros and then they talk about stupid shit and read reviews about their podcasts so that the first 10-15 minutes is actually nothing.
>>
>>17370662

He's also bad to the bone!
>>
File: Consequence__3_.png (164KB, 498x563px) Image search: [Google]
Consequence__3_.png
164KB, 498x563px
wasn't as cancerous as I was expecting, 8/10, keep making them. now that makes 2 /x/ related casts I listen too.
I'm gonna shill last podcast on the left in this thread as well.
>>
I know what I'm falling asleep to tonight
>>
>>17370702

We'll cut it down.
>>
>>17371206

8/10? I guess our knees were too sharp for you.
>>
File: ___.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
___.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>17371878
>>
I support this
>>
File: iTunes-colour.jpg (4MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
iTunes-colour.jpg
4MB, 1400x1400px
We're on iTunes!

Search for The /x/ Radio Show and scroll past everything else. Our logo is currently a blank white box, but that should update soon to this.

You can now easily listen to us on your iPod by subscribing to the show!
>>
>>17373289

Thank you!
>>
>>17357938
God fuck yes. I miss getting muh guts spooked off with streamed horror games.
>>
>>17373998
I'm pretty excited for this radio show. The background music for the story was a little much and it was hard to concentrate on what was being said. Contrary to most anons here, I'm ok with the ambiance during the movie review, because at least it isn't just someone talking. The m'lady segment made me lol a bit but overall was cringey.

Hopefully you'll make a thread when a new episode comes out. I'll save the soundcloud link and check it. Definitely fun to sip some tea while listening to this. Really looking forward to how this develops!
>>
>>17374104

We should have some kind of game streaming running after the next main release.
>>
>>17374209

Thanks! We'll do our best to avoid cringe in the future and tighten up the technical aspects.

We're glad you enjoyed it!
>>
>>17362057
Triggered
>>
If you want to spam your show then buy an advertisement.
>>
Just listened. The content is pretty good, but overall the execution is a bit rough. I'll definitely listen to the next episode and see if and how you guys can improve it. Keep it up!
>>
>>17356707
>>17356707

MR DJ, whats ur name in the /x/ discord again?
>>
Was a cool first effort. I really enjoyed the concept and each segment. Good production values.

If anything, my criticism is that it was maybe a bit overproduced. I think everyone generally had good voices for a show like this, but they were really drowned out between the constant background music and different effects on top of each voice.

A good clean voice is going to go a long way in my book, over some spoopy SFX. The music was on point for the subject matter, but I feel like it would work better just as bumps between segments or to highlight certain moments in a story before it continues on.

Sword & Scale does really well with incorporating music in their podcast, as an example, to build a certain emotion or feeling within the narrative being given.
>>
I'll start with the good.
I really liked the music itself.
I'm glad you guys went with a variety show as opposed to another 'guy talks to the same guests everyone else has talked to' format.
The production value in general was much higher than I was expecting.
As for what I think could be improved:
As I said above, the music is great; but I have to agree with everyone else who said it's mixed too loud in places and not needed at all in others.
I don't think the horror movie segment has much value unless you get someone who can really bring something unique to the table. I don't want anyone involved to take personal offense, but the segment just sounded like 3 friends shooting the shit about movies they've seen recently. Maybe that's what you were going for. I would personally find it more interesting if you got someone who could bring up more obscure stuff, get a little deeper into it, offer something other than just another opinion.
I also don't think we need to retread old ground like the Dyatlov Pass incident. This is a podcast for /x/, so what /x/phile that's been lurking for more than a couple months doesn't know the basics presented in the segment? If you want to go over classics, do something interesting with it rather than just reading the info anyone could get off of google.
I haven't been involved in any other discussions, so forgive me if this has already been suggested, but why not do an open submissions segment? Something like Anything Ghost where anons can submit their true stories. I bring this up because it seems like content is the weakest part of this thus far.
Anyhow, these are just my opinions and everyone involved should be praised for putting this thing together. Like I said, much higher quality than I anticipated and I'm sure you guys worked hard just to give to us faggots for free, so thanks.
>>
>>17376470

Thanks, we'll definitely work on the production for the next episode. We have a plan for the bumps and stuff too.
>>
>>17376821

We appreciate the comprehensive feedback, thanks a lot. The film discussion for this month is already under production but we'll work on the format for episode 3.

We plan to have people from /x/ on the show in the future, we already have a small list of people we're in contact with, we might interview them or just have them present their stories. We also want to have some sort of /x/ call in, we'll work on setting something like that up in the near future.

Thanks again!
>>
File: listen.jpg (64KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
listen.jpg
64KB, 480x360px
Listening to this right now.

Really liking it. Keep it up!
>>
>>17377993

Thanks for the encouragement!
>>
>>17356707
can I download this on itunes podcast?
>>
>>17378047

If you search for The /x/ Radio Show under podcasts we're right at the bottom. Right now the logo is either a blank white square or the pic in >>17373998
>>
>>17378052
>https://soundcloud.com/the_x_radio_show/the-x-radio-show-episode-1-love-is-in-the-air

great job. very creative.
>>
File: where to find us.png (692KB, 1448x896px) Image search: [Google]
where to find us.png
692KB, 1448x896px
>>17378047
>>17378052

Turns out we've moved up! Check the pic to see roughly where to look and what to look for.
>>
>>17378057

Thank you!
>>
>>17378062

i can't find the dyatlov pass thing.
>>
File: 7w9vLl2.jpg (335KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7w9vLl2.jpg
335KB, 1600x1200px
>>17378052
initially I'd say; too many "you are now listening to"'s and too much opening music etc
>>
>>17378037

nice reddit joke
>>
>>17378071
>>17378037
>>17377993
>>17376821
>mfw that bitch chantel deserved it
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.