[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorcerer's and magicians, the legit kind I mean, how does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1431665786794.jpg (239KB, 1544x820px) Image search: [Google]
1431665786794.jpg
239KB, 1544x820px
Sorcerer's and magicians, the legit kind I mean, how does one go about obtaining a spellbook? Or a lexicon, or necronomicon, or other sort of magical instructional textbook?

Do they sell them at Midwest flea markets? Because I went to one a few months ago, and a man with a scruffy beard tried to sell me a "necronomicon" for 15$
>i secretly regret not risking it for the biscuit and buying the thing for shits n gigs

Also, spooky greentexts
>>
>>17350187
Don't be at it. It's bad mojo
>>
>>17350187
There are plenty of books on the subject of magick out there that provide spells and ways to use them.

Stephen Flowers is an author that's copied down other texts like the Greek Magickal Papyri and put them into an annotated book with history, cultural remarks, and etc.

I can answer further questions on this subject, should they be asked.
>>
>>17350221
can I safely buy a copy online?
>>
>>17350229
Well, fucking duh. They're all over Amazon and other websites that sell books.

Do you know how easily we get information around nowadays?
>>
>>17350238
Damn. I guess my only concern is how much of the Amazon and popular website books for sale are real, and how much are a farce
>>
>>17350246
Let me grab a list for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Futhark-Handbook-Magic-Edred-Thorsson/dp/0877285489/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455325692&sr=8-1&keywords=rune+magick

http://www.amazon.com/Initiation-into-Hermetics-Franz-Bardon/dp/1885928122/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455325704&sr=8-1&keywords=initiation+into+hermetics

http://www.amazon.com/Liber-Null-Psychonaut-Introduction-Chaos/dp/0877286396/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455325739&sr=8-1&keywords=chaos+magick

And then here's a digital copy of a prominent beginner's book.

http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php

There's an entire thread dedicated to keeping these books. Occult/Magick General.
>>
File: tmkfc0.gif (4MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
tmkfc0.gif
4MB, 450x253px
>>17350258
nice one.
cheers m8
>>
File: 1431663543278.png (2MB, 1508x2760px) Image search: [Google]
1431663543278.png
2MB, 1508x2760px
>>17350258
Oh wow, I had no idea there was a thread for the basic stuff already. I'll definitely check it out, thanks man
>>
>>17350187
It's not like WoW or Diablo, a spellbook or a blackbook is made by you usually. Nowaday to find any of the real deal you'd have to raid the Vatican.

The Necronomicon is a scam selling Babylonian sigils and invokations for such, from some 17th century weebo.

Your best bet is to read a few BS 'magic' books, then realize those are shit. Then buy a metaphysical theory book, to understand the connection to physics.

At this point if what you found is enough you're just a low magic user. If it isn't enough, you'll know what to do.
>>
>>17350297
>just a low magic user.
That's rather unfair. Low magic isn't "low" because it's "inferior" low magic is low because it is earthly, of this realm. Talismanic, protective, healing, generally working in the physical world for others. High magic is high magic because it is ascended, it focuses on higher planes of being, usually for ones self, gnosis and self improvement towards a higher state of being, alchemical.

Low magic isnt inferior, it's just a different focus and purpose.
>>
>>17350297
>>17350376
rekt
>>
>>17350405
no rek intended, the advice was good otherwise, just clearing up a misconception.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.