[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I see a lot of people on here asking how to reach "Enlightenment"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
So I see a lot of people on here asking how to reach "Enlightenment" as if it is some "10 step plan to Enlightenment!" when in reality, it isn't that simple.

Yes reaching Enlightenment is spiritual, but not completely, and definitely not in the way you see these "mystics" talking about it. (i.e. Reaching enlightenment through magic/contacting a spirit guide/etc.). Don't get me wrong, it can help progress you towards enlightenment, but it wont do the trick.

To be Enlightened, you must be closer to/one with yourself. (i.e meditation, diving into your own subconscious, etc.) but you must also be very knowledgeable. I don't mean in Magic and the Dark Arts, I mean actual knowledge. History, Science, Philosophy, Languages, etc... Enlightenment means "Waking up"/ "Realising your place in the world"/etc (it varies depending on the person). Which in turn means, you wake up to how the world actually works, and you have become a decent human being (all depending on what your misdoings are now, i.e cursing a lot/laziness/irrationality/etc. And if you actually put an effort to fix it.)

I know humans have gotten to a stage where we only care about ourselves and our futures. That's the problem, we need to wake up as a Humanity and realise that we are all one race influenced by the same thing. Knowledge. Nobody can deny it, every one of us craves the same thing. Enlightenment truly is the next step in "Human Evolution. There is no progression, without unification.

Read books, go outside and talk to people, and most importantly, never stop asking questions.
>>
Tldr: gotsa be smart to get dem enlightenmentzz
>>
>>17349491
Well, duh! Smarter people are more reflective, introverted (usually), tend to think more, worry more... If they don't get depressed and suicidal (imo, that is the Abyss), Enlightenment is the logical conclusion of such actions
>>
>>17349400
I like how many positive threads there have been.

I see enlightenment as not a thing to be attained, but as something one does. It's like being enlightened is only the act of enlightening others.
>>
>>17349400
I became enlightened with no meditating or drugs by researching ayyyy lmao

Now my head is all full of fuck. I have to block it out usually
>>
>>17349400
>Enlightenment is spiritual
Wrong.
>Enlightenment means "Waking up"
Wrong.
>"Realising your place in the world"
Wrong.
>etc (it varies depending on the person)
Wrong.
>I know humans have gotten to a stage where we only care about ourselves and our futures.
Fake knowledge; wrong.
>we need to wake up as a Humanity
Wrong; enlightenment is anti-gestalt. You're thinking of newage psuedospirituality.
>influenced by the same thing.
Wrong. False too.
>Knowledge. Nobody can deny it
Wrong. Also: Attempting to strip people of their free will to disagree with you is an act of war that any enlightened being wouldn't hesitate to slit your throat over, if it were just the two of you alone on a deserted island. (ie., if there were no other humans to disagree in the enlightened person's stead.)
>every one of us craves the same thing
Bull, fucking, shit. This isn't just "wrong"; it's morally and ethically degrading. Go back to fucking /sci/ and take an active nuclear warhead with you.
>Enlightenment truly is the next step in
Wrong. It's not a "step" at all.
>There is no progression, without unification.
FUCKING WRONG AND A DECLARATION OF ALL OUT WAR.

>it isn't that simple.
Right! It's so much simpler than that:

>>17349400
>Read books, go outside and talk to people, and most importantly, never stop asking questions.
But before you let any of these sources lead you astray, always remember to look within at every moment.

>>17349627
>I have to block it out usually
That's not enlightenment, that's euphoria. Totally different deal. Enlightenment is just a way of using your mind to exercise your right to be you without using mental block to get there. An enlightened being doesn't block out any emotions, they simply accept emotions as another thing worthy of their full and supreme attention. Emotion is a reason to think and meditate, not a thing to block out.
>>
>>17349400
And just to be clear, among all those present to witness our interactions; OP.

If you try to ignore my free will on principle of your knowledge, I will kill you. This is a threat AND a promise. You have no right over me. I don't need a deserted island or total isolation to speak my mind to you; I will speak it now across the world: You've been warned.

Stay the fuck out of my way. I am a free man, as you will be when you realize we aren't all like you.
>>
>>17349400
Anyone that types or talks about enlightenment does not know it.

Anyone that chooses to speak on it has not realized it.

Anyone that professes to be it is not it.

Anything you think it might be, it is not it.
>>
>>17350606
>Anyone that types or talks about enlightenment does not know it.
Wrong, ultimately. I don't care if it applies to you; it doesn't apply to me too.
>Anyone that chooses to speak on it has not realized it.
This, though. It's not 100% true, but it's common for the newly enlightened to try to speak up about enlightenment. Suffice to say, they learn about true enlightenment by learning that speaking up about enlightenment isn't always wise, so on the large, yeah. Most won't choose to speak about it. Not for very long, anyway.

Just to be clear: Enlightenment is so goddamn trivial to explain that riddle-speak tends to come out of an enlightened being's mouth by nature. The traits people associate with enlightenment aren't actually the cause of enlightenment, they're just a symptom. What this anon is trying to say is that they believe earnestly in a dogmatic form of enlightenment that's enshrouded in mystery. It's not actually a mystery; enlightenment means to see the obvious. It means to be enlightened, ie., to lose "weight." It's not the same as illumination.
>>
File: 1389042168082.jpg (84KB, 783x798px) Image search: [Google]
1389042168082.jpg
84KB, 783x798px
>>17350675
>me
>>
>>17350693
Enlightenment isn't a form of ego death. What you felt was euphoria.
>>
>>17350727
>me
>ego
>euphoria

ishygd ignorance
>>
>>17350732
Separation isn't ignorance unless death is truth.
>>
>>17350757
Separation is caused by lack of knowledge of all dharama, death and truth included.
>>
>>17349627
s-sorry ;_;
>>
>>17349400
>Read books, go outside and talk to people, and most importantly, never stop asking questions.
That right there is the fairy code.
>>
File: image.jpg (914KB, 4000x3852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
914KB, 4000x3852px
there's no secret to enlightenment. it's something very basic, a word that to me seems actually excessive. what is complex is the assault and distortion of enlightenment by states, organized religions, corporations, any type of large entity imposing itself on large masses of humanity.

ever notice how the most cherished people of any faith or lack of faith or devotion have more or less the same qualities? theyre humble, they love, they exude positivity, theyre merciful, theyre giving, theyre not materialistic etc. very, very basic human traits known since antiquity.

'The truth is that the State is a conspiracy designed not only to exploit, but above all to corrupt its citizens... Henceforth, I shall never serve any government anywhere.'

-Leo Tolstoy
>>
>>17350781
Then ignorance isn't separation; the pretense of dharma being a type of "hidden" knowledge is the true form of separation. Men are born ignorant, but stupidity requires education.
>>
>>17350810
The other truth is that it'd happen without a State.

There are no easy answers to human conflict.
>>
File: ty.jpg (88KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ty.jpg
88KB, 1920x1080px
>>17349400
>>
>>17350834
I don't think so...small communities must be accountable to each other or they wouldnt survive. they must treat each other and raise offspring with desirable qualities. there's plenty of examples of groups like these surviving for millena. we do not need any entity telling us how to live, particularly when they want us to live for their interests. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0BtLmit4N4
>>
>>17350839
;)
>>
>>17349400
>I know humans have gotten to a stage where we only care about ourselves and our futures

this wouldn't be a problem if the "selves" most people cared about weren't false
>>
>>17350862
Until you're ready to go back to tribal living, you're reaping the benefits of people who dreamed for greater glory. I'm not saying one thing is possible and the other isn't, I'm saying that both are possible and both would inevitably occur whether we had a State or not. Someone would seek it, someone would achieve it, and it doesn't take an army to force tribes to comply.
>>
>>17351136
perspective-based hallucinations*

The people are real, their image is not.
>>
>>17350581
I like your style.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.