[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /x/, please hear me out here. I'm not 100% sure if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Okay /x/, please hear me out here. I'm not 100% sure if this is the right board to write this in, but I don't know where else this would fit.

For a long while now, I've been noticing things. Strange coincidences that happen a bit too often, leading me to believe that they're not just coincidences.

Here's an example. Let's say I'm multitasking. I'm reading something or doing something on my phone, while listening to a Youtube video in the background. As I'm reading, I read a word, and directly after reading that word, I hear it in the Youtube video that I'm listening to in the background. This is just one example.

If anyone is actually interested in this, I'll get more into it. Thanks, /x/.
>>
bump for interest
>>
thats called syncronicity.
>>
>>17348219
But it's not like I'm interpreting the meaning of each event. It is literally the same words. I hear it and then I read it, or vice versa.
>>
how often that happens?
>>
>>17348235
I'd say at least twice a month.
>>
You have more examples of these "coincidences"?
>>
>>17348258
Most of the time it's just words or phrases that match each other, but are from two completely different sources. I guess another one would be me thinking to myself while listening to something in the background. Again, the coincidence is two words or a phrase matching each other. The topic I'm thinking of also has nothing to do with the video that's going on in the background.
>>
>>17348225
It's just probability. Shit like that is bound to happen.
>>
>>17348287
But like I said. It happens way too often.
>>
>>17348292
Twice a month isn't way too often tho
>>
>>17348200
If the word is "the" then we need to have a little talk anon.
>>
the ayylmaos did it, tell them to fuck off with they jedi mind tricks
>>
>>17348318
>Be Alium
>assigned shitty mindfuck job in NA with some level-0 thetan pleb
>have to make him think being a gay fairy boy is normal
>keep making him subliminally hear "I am pretty gay" in whatever he's reading or listening to.
>He freaks out and goes on alium secrets containment board x on 4-alium chan
>I have to deploy tinfoil cover story 8 before he gets wise and stops being a faggot.

Life is hard.
>>
>>17348315
They're way more specific than "the".
>>
>>17348338
I honestly think you're just pattern-matching. You've begun to consciously look out for repeating phrases and picking up on them more simply because you're alert for it.

It might mean something, but do you spot a common refrain with all the repeating phrases or is it utterly random?
>>
>>17348342
That's what my friend told me too, and I'm starting to think so too. Maybe I'm just subconsciously trying to find it. But yea, it's pretty random. Right after i realize it, i just think, "Oh shit, it happened again."
>>
>>17348200
>lyrics vid
Stop reading the lyrics
>>
File: fince.jpg (38KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
fince.jpg
38KB, 168x168px
Memetic synchronicity.
>>
Pretty much coincidental. Oddly enough this reminds me of when I was 8 and first learned the word "bastard" lol. All of a sudden I started hearing it everywhere. It's not that people were saying it more than usual, I was just noticing it more commonly.

Also, how are you able to read something and listen to speaking at the same time? There's no way you can be paying attention to both things at the same time.
>>
>>17348344
what are they saying then?
>>
>>17349311
Names. Places. Phrases.
>>
>>17349403
well, pretend its not a coincidence and what do you think it is?
>>
>>17349411
No idea, man. That's why I'm asking you guys.
>>
This is perfectly normal. This is just how the brain works, you dont actually perceive as much as you think
>>
File: 1399286223486.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1399286223486.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>17348200
it happens to me alot anon

just blow it off, take it with a grain of salt.

once, for the life of me i dont know why, i was reading the back of a pill bottle and stopped for a moment, waiting to hear the last word i read (death) almost expecting it and the podcast i was listening to (TESD) repeated the word.

its strange, definitely. but i would draw similarities akin to pausing a movie at 1 hour and 11 minutes to do something and noticing the time 11:11am.

context is important, ya know.

sure the words are the same, and mean the same, but two completely different stories behind it.
>>
>>17349499
Thanks for that. It's good to know that I'm not alone here.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.