[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens after death essentially?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (12KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 400x236px
What happens after death essentially?
>>
>>17347683
Did you just post ecstasy?
>>
>>17347683
After death you stop asking what happens after death.
>>
>>17347705
Is that a reliable method for establishing whether or not you are dead?
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 440x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 440x194px
>>17347698
Not quite
>>
>>17347698
That looks like DMT to me.
>>
Any answers?
>>
>>17347730
I know it's a tryptamine now, but where's the second NH in "dimethyl"?
>>
>>17347755
My grandfather reincarnated
he reincarnated as all water
>>
>>17347683
Life goes on without you
>>
>>17347764
haha
>>
>>17347778
This
>>
>>17347683
>omg my body is getting weird
>BLU BLU BLU BLU BLU BLU BLU
>wow i'm still conscious
>>
In short you basically spend some time between lives in your soul body reflecting on the life you just lived and leaning from it. You then reincarnate to learn more. This is all for the purpose of achieving spiritual perfection and reunification with the source.
>>
>>17347683
Well its not what DMT does I'll tell you that you delusional idiot.
>>
>>17347683
samsara
Consciousness can't die
it'll enter an unknown void and escape it having a new birth somewhere
>>
File: 1336215755543.jpg (39KB, 550x381px) Image search: [Google]
1336215755543.jpg
39KB, 550x381px
>>17347755
I believe I reincarnated before. But I can't verify it. I just know that I love the things from those times, and I can see the hollowness of digital achievement. As well as it's soon collapse, and rebirth.

If you see reincarnation as happening to all things, it makes more sense. You eat a deer, but in nature, you didn't eat a deer, as in they didn't cease to be. Just temporarily consumed and pooped out. Then they reformed when you weren't looking and people painted their immortal earth ancestors on the wall. They feed upon themselves over and over and over again, and each time nature doesn't die. It's only us, with our conditioned fear of nature, that desire formaldehyde and coffins to "Protect our dignity"

Nature eats death, as you breath air. Death is her main engine, it's why she's married to Saturn. Without death there isn't birth, death fertilizes her virgin surface. Death makes Terra Mater give birth. Why do mosquitoes feed on you? It's to give birth. Why do women fear creepy crawly poison things more often than not? It's to maintain life.

Death is the sex from the conquering lion. He kills his children to put his mark on the world. On the women, and on the future. He kills all the rival's cubs, even if earth protects it. This is what makes reality. Reincarnation happens to the cubs. Their nutrients are ALWAYS recycled. And lions return, even after slaughter. Probably the same ones, probably different ones too. This is life, this is Mother earth and father death playing the most fun sex game in existence. Evolution is the only truth modern science has ever found. It was proven, by killing things, in our sciency way of understanding what mommy and daddy are doing. Not realizing that measuring Daddy's dick as it thrusts into mommy and measuring mommy's depth, is a part of the sex game now, and it's weird.
>>
>>17347698
no, but im certain its an amphetamine
>>
>>17349080
i take that back, got this confused with a different molecule
>>
You die.
>>
Judgement at great Yahwehs throne
>>
>>17347683

the skeleton war of course
>>
>>17347683
from what I feel I have been taught by God. There will be a judgment, some to an eternity of life and some to an eternity of contempt, or possibly contempt for some limited amount of time as God sees fit

Those who are on the side of JESUS CHRIST will receive great mercy from God and be counted as the sons and daughters of God
>>
the party goes on without you
and this should scare you
they will take everything that was yours
EVERYTHING
>>
File: Judecata-de-apoi-9[1].jpg (143KB, 1000x510px) Image search: [Google]
Judecata-de-apoi-9[1].jpg
143KB, 1000x510px
>>17347683
You might spend a time in one of these two states: heaven / hell. One state is designed to bestow upon you unbound joy and other state is designed to provide you tortures / pain / based on your behavior in biological body - on your primary sins.

But at one point all human souls from both states will hear the voice of Jesus and resurrect in a new immortal body - we will all be together for the Last Judgment - where Christ will write the righteous people into the book of life - to forever be mentioned and forever exist and the other souls which fail the judgment criteria ( which some holy fathers say they're 4 by number ) will be pushed away into a lake of fire - or as it is described by the dogma a state of separation - not much is mentioned other that nothing will ever escape that state, that it is a miserable state, and that it is eternal - it's basically in the eyes of the saved souls and the rest of Creation like the souls disappear forever, except they're not destroyed but exist in separation from each other and everything else for eternity.

See hell or the lake of fire is represented as a emanation from Jesus - why? Because it is important to understand that the eternal hell is not a PLACE, a dimension or anything like that - it is a state of being, the state of the souls/bodies that will get there.
>>
>>17349549
This.

Yahweh Rules
>>
>>17349659
What do I have that anyone could possibly take from me?
>>
>>17349688
Life
>>
>>17349679

Are there any examples from scripture to explain this? When it reads "fire, and brimstone", "Lake of fire", and "our God is a consuming fire.", I take all these things literally. lol
>>
File: enough.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
>>17348837
Shut up nigga
>>
>>17347730
That would be the only appropriate molecule to post relating to this topic. Probably DMT.
>>
>>17349702
Well you get out from hell which is a place of pain and suffering and you end up in the lake of fire, which I don't think it's softer than hell.

Be sure that eternal suffering, pain, separation and darkness would be present there.

If you have more questions it's best to take them closer from source:

http://orthodoxeurope.org/page/10/1.aspx

Try to google more orthodox catechism books/websites - maybe there is one in your first language if it is not language.

Also try to find books by hell and after life written by the Holy Fathers, great literature comes from the Athonite fathers ( ones from the holy mountain Athos ) - they always base their points of view on the scriptures with explanations to verses and you can be sure that their books were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit - you can pick up saints which were sanctified by the church for great deals and read their books.

You'll be amazed by how much orthodoxy holds... and will hold unto eternity.
>>
>>17349730
What if you believe in Jesus Christ, though? Doesn't that mean that we are exempt from suffering in the afterlife?

The gospel of John says that those believing in the Son of God has already passed judgment. The Bible is a great logical stumbling block for me in my faith although I regard it as the written authority on the ways of God because I feel that the Holy Spirit tells me so.
>>
>>17349730
The prophecies of Father Paisios seemed quite silly.
>>
You "die", your escense will be cleaned, then you reincarnate into a random lifeform that happens to be born at that time in the universe.
>>
>>17349753
About Turkey and world war 3?

You really want to know why they sound silly ? Continue to read.

Simple. They were never made by him, they're the product of literature made with the only purpose of gaining money under Paisios name and reputation.

Read his sanctification letter - no prophecy was mentioned, he didn't do any prophecy that church recognize.

Nor in the works of literature that he wrote any prophecy is mentioned...

In orthodox countries there's a huge industry if a contemporary man - had let's say a reputation - even an international one like Pisios then many people that never even meet him face to face will write books about his teachings and his prophecies - just to sell... you would see it's obvious and funny, his books sell for like 1$ each or less, books made by random authors about prophecies sell for 20$ + each.

Limit your readings only to what Saints from themselves or what the church agrees on reading.

>>17349750
But if you believe in Jesus Christ and continue to sin you must believe in your own version of Jesus Christ which is tolerant, zen and ignorant upon your sinful nature.
-Read from orthodox catechism is widely explained there. What are you asking are fundamental aspects of Christianity in general, study them from source not from random 4chan /x/ guys.
>>
>>17349730
I like Christian Orthodoxy yet I have some fears of Orthodoxy such as pagan influence, and things like the liturgy saying "the heaven and the earth are held together by the prayers of the theotokos". On top of this isn't filling a church with images and devices a great stumbling block to anybody involved with seeking the ways of God through Abraham and his descendants?

Sorry, I do love the Orthodoxy Church, that's why these questions burn with in me because the LORD has stood by the Orthodox IMHO to me, yet still IDK if it was God, and the Orthodox certainly go astray a bit when comparing this institution with what is written in the scriptures. I apologize if it is the Church of Jesus and I am just deceived, or unlearned etc....
>>
>>17349766
Didn't they make Paisios a canonized saint?
>>
>>17347683
You shit your pants and start decomposing
>>
>>17349770
As for pagan influence you got that ideea from 4chan or internet - there is no pagan influence - orthodox is entirely reveled by Jesus and trough the Apostles and it's held together by the Holy Spirit, same Holy Spirit that spoke trough prophets of the Old Testament.

Read Irenaeus, Against Heresies - if you're interested about how early Church combated arguments like the one you brought up and even more horrible heresies like Gnosticism.

Holy Virgin is the ladder of man towards heaven if you want - it doesn't mean that Theotokos is the pillar of reality, after all she was a human like all of us - it is considered that she reached the highest state of perfection a human ever reached - and obviously her prayers helped the church and help people - Her presence is Divine.

Every icon in church, every symbol on priest clothing, even the handle at the door reminds you of Christ - and should remind you of Christ... and personally this is what it always done and does to me.. all symbols from church unite all your 5 sense with Heaven and that's the purpose of Church on earth, what did you expect?

Scriptures are clear about everything - you just need time and the help of church.

Mathew 7: 7-8 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.† For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

But if you do not let go of sin you can't really expect anything.

>>17349774
Yes but in his canonization there was not a single prophecy mentioned nor the gift of prophesying.
>>
>>17349790
I think the criticisms against Orthodox Christianity are quite valid but I have not read any of the fathers on the matter which I really need to do and thank you tremendously for that suggestion

I suppose an Orthodox would label me to be a "Judaizing heretic"
>>
>>17347683
Kek, knew it was DMT as soon I saw the chemical/ "After death"
>>
>>17349800

Well as an Orthodox I "label" people as some that received the grave of God and some that were unfortunate to receive the grave and the Holy Spirit of God.
>>
>>17349790
Wow this guy has like 5 texts in the subject
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/irenaeus.html
>>
>>17349691
It was never mine to be taken from me. It merely came and then left again.
>>
>>17349807
I am not able to decipher this
>>
>>17349691
Even this is not true those who believe in the LORD will live forever
>>
>>17349790
Wow this guy Irenaeus is saying the same stuff I thought that the Holy Spirit may have been trying to show me
>>
>>17347683
You wont go to hell nor heaven,these are pagan myths.
You will prob reincarnate or just die,forever.
>>
>>17349842
Well you have to mention die forever because humanity still remembers that Jesus died just for a while.
>>
>>17349849
Jesus is egyptian and pagan myth.
>>
So guise. What is the point of life? Is killing myself a no-no and I will end up in heck for doing it or it doesn't matter?

I want your conclusions.
>>
>>17349880
it doesn't matter
>>
>>17347683
Have you ever had general anesthesia, when you're completely unconscious? There's no you during this, you are unconscious one moment and awaken what seems like the next. It's phenomenally different from sleep, which is an altered state of consciousness - it's a complete lack of it.

Death is like that, though of course without the waking up part after.
>>
>>17349880
>What is the point of life?
The answer is contained within your question: the point of life is to question.

>Is killing myself a no-no and I will end up in heck for doing it or it doesn't matter?

You won't end up in heck, you won't end up anywhere, because you won't be. However, if it doesn't matter, why kill yourself? To me that's placing meaning in your own suffering.
>>
>>17347683
U become part of the universal consciousness in its disembodied state :)!
>>
>>17350007
so, if i kill myself, my suffering will mean something?

i'm incredulous, i'm pretty sure i don't now, nor will i ever, matter
>>
>>17350037
Matter: be of importance; have significance

The very nature of this word is subjective: matters to whom? Do you not matter to yourself? If not, can't this be changed?
>>
>>17350028
PS:
right now its kinda like being a part of a neuronal network where u (well everyhing that lives) stands on its own but is connected with everything else. You can't exist on your own but the network can't also exist without you.

The universal consciousness is the brain of the network which is processing the input information. It doesnt exist as a single thing but is the sum of all its parts.

Or you just die and you are gone. lol.
>>
>>17349898
That would be comforting.

>>17349997
>Have you ever had general anesthesia, when you're completely unconscious?
I have general anesthesia once or twice a year, currently at ~12. I love it, when you feel yourself go it's the comfiest feeling. It probably lasts 3 seconds but it's comfy. If euthanasia is like that then it's definitely preferable to slowly rotting away in a retirement home or a hospital bed.

>>17350007
>However, if it doesn't matter, why kill yourself?
Because regular physical pain and having several health-related swords of damocles constantly hovering over your head prevents you from enjoying the ride, meaningful or meaningless.
>>
Nothing aside from you losing consciousness.
>>
>>17349855
No

No he's not

Thanks
>>
>>17347683
the same thing that happens before you're alive, essentially

nothing
>>
>>17347712
No, you stop asking, because you just start ceasing.
>>
Who knows? Time is limitless and matter isn't.
>>
>>17348819
So many people, so many similar movies..
>>
shit goes black and its kind of like sleeping
source: I got hit in the head and split my head on the pavement. Died but was revived in the hospital and now have a severe brain injury.
>>
>>17350057
>Because regular physical pain and having several health-related swords of damocles constantly hovering over your head prevents you from enjoying the ride, meaningful or meaningless.
this is my life too, i wish you the best bro.

Like I have huntingtons disease, and I feel so scared, empty and hollow like there is nothing for me but more loneliness here and I'm just going to suffer for no reason, but for fear of going to hell.

if the afterlife is nothingness, no matter how good or bad I am, then i dont see the point of going on. I really font have any real reason to keep going myself. all i have is very few family, and they just see me as a way of scamming a few bucks out of a moron. the worst part of it is, i dont even like myself. i pray for a sign that god has more for me in his plan, but it feels like he doesnt, and I'm not even a number in the masses. it feels like i have been cut off from him my whole life, and i beg him for at least some peace from this. i have knocked, asked, and begged and yet i have received nothing, not even the still small voice letting me know he's there for me. its terrible.
>>
File: to oblivion and beyond.jpg (33KB, 510x330px) Image search: [Google]
to oblivion and beyond.jpg
33KB, 510x330px
Death is kinda like a K hole.
>>
>>17349574
skellington**
>>
File: akarinsp.jpg (123KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
akarinsp.jpg
123KB, 720x720px
>>17350582
I wish you the best too, damn you're a lot more brave than I am. I just have a completely fucked up digestive tract from top to bottom and high chance of developing digestive tracts related cancers as a result. My pain is just my fucked up esophagus putting pressure on the diaphragm, lungs and heart, fonky fonky stuff but still easy mode compared to what you have to endure.

>i pray for a sign that god has more for me in his plan, but it feels like he doesnt, and I'm not even a number in the masses. it feels like i have been cut off from him my whole life, and i beg him for at least some peace from this. i have knocked, asked, and begged and yet i have received nothing, not even the still small voice letting me know he's there for me. its terrible.
I feel the same, and seeing people like you (or my dead grandma) suffering for no reason makes me angry and confused.

Try to make a post in this thread if you didn't already >>17349132

I don't know what to say, anon. If this is a test I'm rooting for you I'm sure you're passing it with the best grades, all the awards and prizes and that you're among the best students at our school.

But if atheists are right and life is just random chaotic meaningless bullshit I hope we'll both be graced with a quick and painless death asap.

Still, hopefully it all makes sense and we'll see and understand the big picture in due time. Hopefully we're chilling right now on some astral plane, since time doesn't exist, laughing at our dumb clueless human selves and planning our next lives. Or something.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>17352119
I am with you anon

I have Crohns Disease and have struggled with asking God to go give me peace and purpose

He does comfort me.
I praise him greatly but I don't feel like I have been made to understand why I am poor and suffering so much.

I am hoping Jesus returns soon to end all of this horrible suffering
>>
>>17352166
Lord Jesus, come into this person's heart. Shed the demons from his ears and help him to hold his left ear mute for just a moment, so he can hear the hum being generated by his surroundings. We have our own sin, which provides thistles in our field where you cast your Good Word. We cannot remove them, Lord; you can. In the name of Jesus Christ, cast out the demons crossing out the truth of your existing from him. Amen
>>
>>17347683
For body decomp?

Go watch the movie "The Farm" about body decomp or read the book called "Stiff" they are both great

But the basics
You die
You loose all bodily function
You shit yourself, drool
Your body starts seizing up, getting "stiff"
Your soft tissues begin to decomp
You attract predators, decomposers
They eat the soft dead tissues
You begin to bloat, your belly, ballsack and other organs begin to swell
You are collecting gases internally
Cells are dying in the body
You "bloat"
You start leaking natural juices
After about a week your skin begins to shrivel up, after you've "popped" or gases release, most happens through the anus/mounth
Skin starts to turn black/brown
Eyes and hair are pretty much gone
Fast forward 2 weeks in an outside environment

You are now a skellington

Enjoy

But for that spiritual shit, read up on that
>>
I'm a Christian so I believe in the word of the bible.

However, hypothetically if there is no god: we became conscious from 'nothing'. If we as individuals can randomly be brought to life in this universe, who's to say it can't happen again?
>>
>>17348837
I like you.
>>17349714
The reply of ignorance.
>>
>>17348687
This
>>
Resurrected

Judgement
>>
you are dead
>>
you don't breath and you don't feel your body our heart. And you go shit I'm gonna die so you concentrate on taking a breath. And you snap back in your body. And go have breakfast.
>>
>>17347764
How many chemicals are there?
>>
>>17349574
>implying my grave doesn't say RIP
>>
>>17353064
Then resurrected again. At least that's my opinion.
>>
>>17348687
From what I've heard and read is that the person greeting you into the light is a demon (a grey?) in disguise as someone you hold dear, a family memeber or whatever-- they take all that you've learned from the life you had and erase it. Then shoot you back to earth, back to this matrix control system.
>>
1. You realize every fiber of your being are all extensions of adapting energies. Everything to your toe nails constantly growing to your brain's consistent thirst for knowledge to further adapt better to the environment around you
2. You realize you're just a sum of moving, adaptable energy in the cosmos, nothing more
3. Your conscious was the zenith for this shifting energy, when your body ceases to move your energy will dissolve into dirt or ash for hundreds of more years
5. You will lose most if this energy in death. It's like losing in a vidya game, gotta start allover again, as something else when enough of your atoms become pals over hundreds of years later you may return as a worm and finally progress into human again hundreds of years later
6. Your lifeforce is stuck on this planet until the sun eats it up then we will all join the sun until the sun spits us out on anothet hospital earthlike planet billions of years from now
>>
File: DMT.jpg (46KB, 426x262px) Image search: [Google]
DMT.jpg
46KB, 426x262px
>>17347758
>>
File: 1368012857441.gif (642KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1368012857441.gif
642KB, 300x168px
>>17350582
Dude, he's there for you like the mushrooms on the trees. Seek out deep woods, and look for one who is dead, but still stands to give it's gifts to the world. There's so much medicine so much unknown plant-medicine that you might find it. Or you'll die.

But look for reishis the next time it rains. On dead trees that are standing. You will know they are them because of the scent. It will change your life.
>>
File: 1350024834581.jpg (99KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1350024834581.jpg
99KB, 612x612px
>>17349730
It is alchemy. You will be melted from green rocks into metals with the stench of sulfur burning away.

Commoner into tool for war. And nobody sees it.
It is a strategy spell for kings. It was a spell that could replace the clergy and bestow ultimate power to a mortal. Like cain and abel. Lemme tell ya, these folks like abel, that's why they don't farm. They just steal offerings to god.
>>
File: 1318044082880.jpg (98KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
1318044082880.jpg
98KB, 530x398px
>>17350037
You matter just by being. Mater means mother. Over half of you is bacterial cells. You are mothering them by caring for you. And vice versa.
You mother the trees by literally supplying matter in the form of breath. Suffering means little to the grand scheme. But persistence is something special. Like how those weird not-spiders (harvestmen) are actually older than trees as we know them, but they look the same. Small, weak, prone to being eaten, and enjoying cuddling. They are basically us, but on a microcosmic scale. We are alone, but we huddle in the cold. In the dark. Because we suffer if we don't.

You are lonely.
>>
>>17353934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAdwB-1vvWM
Basically souls right here.
>>
>>17352119
i hope we get an easy out too. my huntingtons isnt as bad as mu mom is, shes ready to be put into a nursing home, and is so out of it from the brain deterioration that my brother robbed my house and stole everything that he could sell quick. i know he has it, since he already has that empty stare like my mom and me. I'm not going to drag on people like my mom has, it's why I've never had a serious reationship or raised a family. i couldn't do that to someone. i can still think, but the walking around and doing stuff is getting so much harder.

>>17353905
mushrooms and healing herbs arent going to stop a genetic mutation like huntingtons disease.
>>
>>17353466
I've seen the same theory somewhere, do you have a link or could you elaborate?

It's somewhat compatible with gnosticism and Castaneda's books (the flyers & the "eagle" that devours your life unless you give him your recapitulation copy and go on your merry way).
>>
>>17351473

This
>>
We meet our maker
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK1BJkBJdtY
>>
>>17356348
Meh, as a (childless) only child who may very well die before his parents, this doesn't helps me since the message is pretty much destined to people who have kids.
>>
>>17356371
just think of it as in general, not specific.
>>
>>17354032
They might give you purpose and a better view of death though.
>>
>>17348837
Love what you said, but ICP makes me mortally doubt the universe is actually as cool as all that.
>>
File: 1455354480581.png (281KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1455354480581.png
281KB, 600x450px
>>17356173
And then what?
>>
you see all this swirly stuff and its ilke your really high and its all like wooosh, then theres a bunch of crazy shit happening and then you see an angel or some demons or some shit and you might go te heaven but eh, maybe not and most people go somewhere else im not really sure where but its pretty spooky and then your dead
>>
>>17347730
Reverse Google image confirms dmt
>>
you decompose and become worm food, and if you're cremated, ash.
>>
>>17358710
The books of life are opened to see if we are in there
>>
>>17358710
Depends how you judge yourself, and you are your harshest judge.
>>
>>17359571
energy my dude, you become energy.
>>
>>17358710
you eat pizza, hes your pizza maker.
>>
I've had anesthesia and it's lights out, nothing. If there is nothing after death like this, then that's a comforting thought, there is nothing to fear.

But I've read so many NDEs from people who've revived, and had dream encounters with my dead relatives who made it a point to say they are ok,
that I can't truly believe there is nothing after death, even though I felt and saw nothing but my mother's body go completely limp when she died.
I just don't know. Either way, I'm ok with it.
I don't believe in a loving god or whatever who condemns frail and weak humans to an eternity of torment.
Reincarnation makes more sense, conservation of consciousness or whatever inner spark we have.
>>
>>17359622
I'd rather not eat pizza. It's full of gluten and dairy and salt and meat and it kills my fragile body.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunt_(The_Twilight_Zone)
>>
>>17360218
But maybe anesthesia isn't the same thing. It's even different from sleep. So death is probably something else entirely.
>>
>>17359589
dumb fuck, if you were alive, then of course you would be.
>>
>>17347683
Easy.

Considering "you" are an emergent property of the complex biochemical processes that happen in your brain and there is no such thing as a soul or persistent existance...

First, something will happen that disrupts your brains ability to get fuel. This is whatever kills you. You lose consciousness and it never returns. You are gone.

Next, any residual electrical activity either grounds out or is dissipated as waste heat.

Finally, the individual cells and molecules your brain is made of decay or are consumed by other life and turn back into their constituent chemicals.
>>
>>17363385
Yes, but who's watching it all happen behind the eyes? How is it possible that we all have a continuous conscious experience of our lives? Not our memories, but who's watching in this very moment. You say biological processes, but why does a biological process have to feel at the center of an experience? How can something just wake up out of nowhere after billions of years and then die after 100 or so? Who's doing the waking up? There's something missing here. Why aren't we all autonomous? Wouldn't it make more sense in your worldview for us all to be about the same as we are now, but without the feeling of "I" or a "center" in each being?
>>
>>17363580
Well for one thing, you don't just wake up out of nowhere. You don't posses any consciousness at conception, and you don't posses full consciousness at birth. It's a process that grows bit by bit every moment you're alive until you're not. Different parts of your brain come online and start to work, develop and change, and wither off depending on what you age you are.

The idea that "you" are distinct from your meat is a natural reaction to sentience in beings not biologically programmed to automatically understand how they function, but it's not reality.

If you stop and think about it, this makes life so much more amazing than if you're just a shell inhabited by some immortal entity.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.