[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/. I've been working on an RPG maker project involving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (104KB, 1024x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 1024x427px
Hi /x/.

I've been working on an RPG maker project involving Creepypastas and the idea of Tulpas that they seem to create. It's just a small fan project which is why I turn to you.

Which Creepypasta characters would you want to appear in something like this? The only ones for sure are Slenderman,(which will be at best a cameo since he's been played out.) Jeff the Killer, (who I hate but needs to be there.) and Laughing Jack since I think he doesn't get enough credit.

Are there any big name characters that NEED to be there? Even the picture I attached I don't recognize half of them so help me out!
>>
>>17341570
Seems a bit memetastic, but I'd like to see the wendigo, a skinwalker, the white man, and the jvk assassin.
>>
>>17341570
Please don't use RPG maker, it makes a lot of people immediately dismiss it
>>
>>17341587
I don't know! I'm actually more interested in RPG maker horror games because they seem to stand the test of time compared to these unity created Walking Simulators.

>>17341585
I agree, but there's something to the whole idea of these characters that resonates with people. I appreciate your feedback!
>>
>>17341570
ded bort
>>
>>17341570
What about Charles Dexter Ward or Herbert West? HPL>>>>>>>creepypasta
>>
>>17341625
I think the entire reason the Mythos is sullied today is because there was too much fan fiction of Lovecraft after his death anyways. If I wrote his characters into anything it would remind me too much of "Cthulhu for President" or "Cthulhu saves the World". The only guy who can write Lovecraft is Lovecraft.
>>
>>17341632
You're overthinking it. Anyways, HPL's writing isn't that much. The horror cmes from lulling you in by pictoresque New England landscapes, and then abruptly changing to the ravings of an insane person.
>>
King Beau? Isn't really too antagonistic though I guess
>>
I'd leave out actual video game characters so you don't get sued (yes, there have been C&D orders issued to fan game makers) and the fact that most video game creepypastas suck.

Anyway, this looks like a fun project, but we've had a lot of them fizzle out, so I hope you actually finish this and share it with us.
>>
>>17341570
Black. Eyes. Kids.
>>
>>17341570

I'd watch out for copyright claims. Some bell went and put out a copyright on the word 'Creepypasta', even though they don't have any rights to it.
>>
>>17342396
or, alternatively, ignore all copyright claims & do not seek protection under the law...

What would Anonymous do?
>>
Literally everything related to creepypasta is shit.
>>
>>17342427
Get off /x/
>>
Love B.O.B. "I eats with my feets"
>>
Hey OP, are you just starting the project or do you have any work to show us?
>>
I was working on a Pokemon-ish game based upon legends from all over the world, but in the end i had to kill since i couldn't come up with a decent game system.
I wish you the best of luck, OP.

I think that "big name" characters might be already trademarked.
Slender Man certainly is. The same with Ben, Sonic.EXE, all lost media pastas, Tails Doll and the Lavender Town syndrome.
In fact, maybe you should google copyright stuff. Maybe even things like the Rake, Smiledog, etc., could be already registered. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

As a tip, stick to monsters and ghosts, and avoid the edgy teenager killers. The latter tend to poison things by attracting the whole Deviantart kids crowd.
>>
>>17342427
glad I aint the only 1 that thinks that
>>
>>17344502
What prevents someone from copyrighting half of these characters the moment they vaguely appear on deviantart?

Like how the fuck did someone copyright Slenderman and Creepypasta?
>>
>>17345198
Victor(the creator of slender man) copyrighted the character

I think someone else also owns some rights to slender man too
>>
Is OP coming back?
>>
>>17341570
no ben, no jeff the killer, in fact no vidya pastas at all. I would honestly rather see slendy some more than that edgy teen abortion jeff.
>>
OP is kill
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.