[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A place in dreams called "The Fable"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (66KB, 449x328px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
66KB, 449x328px
I dreamed about The Fable, and it seems that this wasn't my first time in there.
The Fable looks chaotic, it's like an impossibly big complex/city you're able to visit in your dreams, holds at least one copy of everything that has been or will be created by man, has an economy, staff, a very strict and unforgiving set of rules (wich for some reason I didn't bother to remember tonight) and it behaves very much like a game you'd see in a con or something like that.
To advance through it, you need to navigate your way around various levels (in which you could die at any given moment) or if you've cleared a "stage" you unlock the quick route and are allowed to skip all the levels you've cleared before.
I wish I had seen some levels tonight, but apparently I've been there with my friends before and we cleared a lot of it, I saw staff and some things that I wasn't allowed to take, for only what is found in levels or at Neutral Ground belongs to you.
Some of the rules I Do remember:
-If you are given something by another person you HAVE to give something back immediately. Failure to do so appears to bring consequences bad enough to scare even the staff.
-All knowledge is obtainable, but if it's strictly forbidden to gain complete knowledge. That is to say, for example, if you were reading a book, you shouldn't read the last page; or watch the last episode of a series or the last minutes of a movie. Failure to abide by this rule means instantly being kicked out of TF and possibly getting banned for a long time.
-Neutral Ground is any place that is not a level o a quick route, other people can kill you there and anything goes (the knowledge rule is still in place tho, in my dream I saw someone dissolve because he read an entire book in NG) there are however different levels of danger while in the NG, so it's uncommon to se people offing each other in a library or a resting space.
If any of this sounds familiar, do tell. I don't think I'm the only "real person" in TF.
>>
>>17337655
Fable was ok but kind of a let down but it's sequels are right out bad by modern day standards they are a mess the only good innovation was the introduction of medieval gender indenity issues?
>>
TL; DR:
There's a place Called The Fable I visited in my dreams and I want to know if this has been visited by someone else.
>>
>>17337661
Good point, I played fable the lost chapters too it did add some missing content but they could have kept going with the content but that was before dlc was a thing really.
>>
>>17337661
Idk if you and I are dreaming the same but the complex city which I haunt in my dreams is sorrounded by grasslands at the outskirts and has a space port at the center.
>>
>>17337690

Also a massive guild hall where a combonation of the worlds fraternities meet in a lodge.
>>
Fable 2 was good, Fable 3 I never bothered playing. 1 was shit.
>>
>>17337691
Wish I'd seen more tonight, sadly I was mostly inside during the dream, for all I know it could be like that.
>>
>>17337693
Interesting bad opinion you have there.
>>
>>17337693
All fables are equally great get out.
>>
>>17337810
All fables were not created equally
~ petro molydues
>>
>>17337659
kek
>>
>>17337655

The Lost Chapters is still my favourite game of all time. There's something about its style that comforts me.
>>
>>17337655
>>17337659
You say you've apparently visited with friends before, do you have any memory of this previous visit or were you simply able to take some quick routes?
I've got a good handful of recurring dream locations (Independent of said dreams content or plot) and I'm curious to know if there's something more to them.
Can you describe the staff? Did they appear as humans or something else?

I don't expect there to be any real similarities between your Fable and my own areas (I plan on mapping them out within the next few days), but I'm almost completely convinced that there is a very real element to them.
>>
File: 1451501208179.gif (864KB, 242x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451501208179.gif
864KB, 242x200px
>>17337659
>>17337668
>>17337843
>>17337794
>>17337810
>>17337812
Could you possibly stop spamming with your rpgs in the thread? It's not /v/ or something.
>>
>>17337655
Is there a way to The Fable? Or is it random luck?
Is it for chosen people or not?
How do you know its name and rules?
>>
>>17340187
I don't remember visiting the place previously, my dreams aren't usually as vivid or long as that one, but everything felt familiar. Staff members were humans, the only difference is they were wearing a black t-shirt that said "staff" and knew the rules by heart. They were helpful and tried to keep everything and everyone in order. Other than the shirt I got the feeling that they were important, and they knew stuff (probably seasoned travelers of TF?) Although I remember seeing things that were certainly not human among the people,I can't describe them as everything it's a little faded away now.
>>
>>17342086
I remember I was judt having a dream with my friend and one of them brought some things (I think they were videogame related?) And said "It's Fable night!" Then my other friends cheered and we went through a completely normal looking door.
And that's how we got there. The rules I remember I do so because I heard other people talking about them. I even got to see what happens when you break the knowledge one (some dude read through an entire book and basically disintegrated in front of me)
Other than that I know as much as you do *shrug*
>>
Isn't this basically the Akashic records
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.