[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urbex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: urbex.jpg (72KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
urbex.jpg
72KB, 650x432px
Anyone here into urban exploration? Ausfag here looking for places to explore. Share stories and experiences you've had.
>>
>WHEN YOU SEE IT
>>
No one? Nothing?
>>
>>17330996
There's already an urbex thread up, dingus
>>
>>17330996
I'm not into trying to get stabbed
>>
I used to urban explore when I was younger, mostly for shits and giggles while looking for a place to dude weed lmao, but also graffiti appreciation (you'd be surprised at the cool art you find in the weirdest places.) I gave it up after too many close calls with police and encounters with the homeless. I stopped going to a deserted area I prowled a lot when I found a dead dog with it's throat slashed.

Be careful.
>>
>>17332054
Bring a gun
>>
>>17330996
OP may I ask where in aus? If melb I can help you out as I am quite knowledgeable of the melb underground
>>
>>17332310
Lets hear about it??
Me and some friends went up Mt Dandenong somewhere ( I forget the exact location) to a house in the forest about twenty minutes from the road which was supposedly a murder house (but probably bullshit).
The house had been trashed and probably had junkies living in it, all rotted out with floorboards missing. In the middle of the room was a noose hanging from the roof. And all around the walls there were newspaper clippings about murders pasted up.
Not far from the house was an old mineshaft which we tried to explore but got small very quick.

Would love to go exploring more around here but the threat of police is enough to deter me

(Not OP btw)
>>
>>17331936
>We're only allowed to have one thread on a topic at any given time.
>>
>>17332310
NSW, never been to vic although I wouldn't mind seeing the melb underground if I ever visit.
>>
>>17330996
My only tip is to carry bum repellent with you: deodorant and a lighter.

Just use the deodorant if they wander close. Apply the lighter if they get violent.
>>
>>17330996
Not really but i'd like to do it some time. I always wanted to get in to an old Royal Ordinance Factory near me where most of my family worked at one point or another but I could never convince anyone to go with me.

I wish I could have worked there with them. Sounded pretty great.
>>
There's this old clothes washing factory where i'm at, i went there once but it was daytime and it is connected to a nursing college, plus some faggot tweens on scooters called me out so wasn't risking getting caught, might go one night.
>>
>>17330996
I love urban exploration, and i noticed a old fire station closed since ~2013.
I was thinking about getting inside, but there will probably be somebody in there...
Europfag here, can't buy a gun.
What non-letal weapon should i buy ?
>>
File: RhodesiansNeverDie.jpg (188KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
RhodesiansNeverDie.jpg
188KB, 680x750px
>tfw want to do the stalker challenge
>tfw don't know any good abandoned landmarks (factory, cottage, ext...) near my city
>>
>>17330996

Anyone care to post that post from the other day.
It was in Northern Germany, there were some periscopes on the ground. Below, they were from some Russian kind of abandoned lab.
>>
>>17332536
Underground railway is easy shit ahah, seriously though, a hi-vis vest gets you anywhere you want if it involves trains...
>>
>>17331443
Nope
>>
>>17330996
/k/ might be a little better for this topic

but i do enjoy walking around decaying buildings
>>
File: Creepy_girl_thing_4203846.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Creepy_girl_thing_4203846.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>17330996
Went into Fort San (abandoned sanitarium in Saskatchewan that held many TB victims.) Unfortunately, it's now alarmed (probably because of me, since last time I ran out of there in a panic and fucked up the post that was holding the back door shut.)

I didn't go to far in though, because I only had my phone light and all the windows were boarded shut leaving no natural light in. I wasn't overly scared, but it was so big and I wanted to find my way back. Also, that whole scenario of "what if the door shuts and locks?" kinda spooked me. Some people claim that has happened there. I'm kind of sceptical on a lot of it.

I do want to go back again though, to record some audio/music and to also attempt a proper summoning. Something that "If you want to see scary shit" this is the thing that will work. If anyone has recommendations I'm all ears...?
>>
Anyone know of any interesting places to check out in the Sam Fernando valley?
>>
>>17336663
Bring a doorstop
>>
>>17336719
Lol
>>
>>17331044
Thoss three kkk fellows at the end? Nope.
>>
File: What the fuck man.jpg (120KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck man.jpg
120KB, 550x413px
>>17332103
>I found a dead dog with it's throat slashed.
>>
>>17334465
A torch, a big solid one like a Maglite that you could quite easily use as a baton.

The best weapon however, and I know it's cliche, is your brain. Keep a good situational awareness, avoid anything that doesn;t feel right, never stand in the centre of a room where the supports will be the weakest, one man stand in first a few metres away from the next so if something goes tits up the ones behind you don't get hit and they can call for help, just common sense stuff.

Always bring rope and a first aid kit that you know how to use, multiple sources of light and additional bulbs and power sources. Radios are good and a gas detector could save your life. As could a respirator if you are going somewhere that might have asbestos.

A map of the place that you have memorised or at least google maps that you have looked at so you know where you are going as well as escape routes if security turns up.
>>
>>17336663
This is why you should brace all doors that you come in through with something.
>>
Went go quarantine station on North Head, Sydney harbour before I knew there were tours etc. We drove up, park on the side of the road for the five hours we were there and walked through the bush. Was interesting, a couple of photos we got were a little creepy and we legitimately saw things that weren't there
That's a start op, don't risk the tunnels at St James, tried that, too many security cameras and motion detectors to get anywhere near where you want to go.
Go have a look at the old fishing (hobo) village on middle head. They're quite interesting. The directions say "walk behind the sign" which are abit vague, but that's exactly how you get there. Alternatively, walk from manly like we did, either or.
>>
Went go quarantine station on North Head, Sydney harbour before I knew there were tours etc. We drove up, park on the side of the road for the five hours we were there and walked through the bush. Was interesting, a couple of photos we got were a little creepy and we legitimately saw things that weren't there
That's a start op, don't risk the tunnels at St James, tried that, too many security cameras and motion detectors to get anywhere near where you want to go.
Go have a look at the old fishing (hobo) village on middle head. They're quite interesting. The directions say "walk behind the sign" which are abit vague, but that's exactly how you get there. Alternatively, walk from manly like we did, either or.
>>
Double post, the robot check thing was being s cunt.
>>
>>17337068
tank's for the tips m8, it will be very usefull
>>
>>17331044
>YOULL SHIT BRICKS

i miss those
>>
File: CIMG1755.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1755.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>17330996
I live next to a large abandoned industrial complex.
Urbex is my way of life.
>>
UK Urbex here.

Been to plenty of places here, best one's are the abandoned military places from the war and the old stately homes with no family left to live in them so they jusy go to seed and fall apart.

Actually have a pretty weird story about what happened in one place. Any one interested ill greentext it. Will take a few though.
>>
>>17338025
Sure, go on.
>>
>>17338052
writing up now, give me a few.

Never felt fear like it.
>>
>>17331044
>....YOU WON'T TAKE YOUR BLACK FRIENDS EXPLORING WITH YOU
>>
File: Nocton hospital.jpg (482KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nocton hospital.jpg
482KB, 600x800px
>be me about 5 years ago
>me, my bro and 3 friends are going illegal wild camping to do some very illegal bow hunting on the England/Scotland border for a week. Do it pretty much every year
>me and bro are really into urban exploring, so is one of the guys, so we outvote him to check out a place on the way
>old stately home that is all burned out, but on the grounds is an abandoned military baser from the war that was rented to US soldiers.
>Nocton Hall.
>There is a hospital, dentist, mess halls, barracks and even some underground areas (we heard about the underground parts, but not confirmed)
>All been abandoned for a decade or two. Perfect
>We get there and park the car a mile away to not attract attention, place is all fenced off and condemned.
>leave most of the camping stuff in the car, but we all have torches, me and two of the guys have head lamps, we all have a knife (In case some crack heads are squatting there and decide to try and rob us, plus we always take knives when camping, only an idiot wouldn’t
>grab some small cutters from the toolkit in my cars boot and take that too.
>snip an entrance in the fencing and sneak in, all of us giving each other shit and trying to creep each other out. Just part of the fun.
>We check out the barracks and mess hall, snap a few pictures.
>we go into the hospital and its pretty damn creepy, long ass hallways and stuff. (not my pic, im at work right now, but that is a corridor in the hospital)
>we all wander off to explore different rooms and we hear one of the guys whistle, we don’t shout, it carries too far and is too easy to discern and although there are trees and woods all around us, there is a new housing development close by and we don’t want anyone calling the rozzers on us
>We all go find him in this room, ceiling is falling through, walls are shitty and close to falling apart
>>
>>17338172
>the old bed frame is pushed against one wall and right in the middle of the room is a very blood looking stain and what looks to be a chunk of flesh sitting right in it
>Next to the flesh is a fucking shoe, covered in what looks to be blood.
>we assume some chavs or something put it there to freak out the next people who come through. We try and convince ourselves that’s what happened
>we are waving our torches around, just trying to lighten to mood when throught the hole where the window used to be we see *Something* run in darkness at the very edge of the light from my brothers torch
>we all freak the fuck out, one of the guys is trying to say it was like a person. But naked and grey, one of the guys is saying that is was probably just a deer or a fox
>I don’t say anything, but it was definitely NOT a deer or a fox, I have no idea what it was, but it was tall, and walked on two legs.
>we decide to get out and back to the car and set off, it is already late, but itll only take about 4 hours to get to the site and we can sleep late in the morning
>We start walking down the long ass corridor to get out and there is a huge bang from behind us.
>standing in the doorway at the other end is something
>our light barely reaches the figure but it is just stood there watching us
>my brother tells it to fuck off and that were leaving so it can stop fucking around
>It screams at us. Not a human trying to be scary scream. An inhuman, instant hair raising, adrenaline dump of fear scream. Like a cross between an animal trapped and dying and a fox mating call.
>don’t even bother to look behind to make sure everyone is following, run so fast out of there that I almost fall over the tiny step down
>While we’re running it just follows us screaming.
>>
>>17338179
>run all the way to the fence and don’t even bother to look for the gap we cut, I throw myself over the thing and keep running until im halfway back the car.
>We meet back up at the car and start taking the piss, telling each other that it was just some creepy guy trying to scare us.
>I have no clue what it was, but I have only gone back to the place once since and it was during the day.
>still creeps me out to think of it.
>>
>>17338172
>>17338179
>>17338184

What base?
>>
>>17338192
What military base?

RAF Nocton. Right next to Nocton hall.
>>
I don't really do urban exploration and have no spooky stories but there were two interesting places I've explored thought I'd share.

There's a bridge over a river like 25km outside of the town, there are also two towers on each side of the bridge. It was a defense line during WW2, there's a bunker under that you can access the towers from. It's not particularly interesting, just a hollow basement-like tangled structure of tunnels with solid concrete walls and cone-shaped narrow windows (I assume to shoot through). Each level of the tower is about 3 meters tall, up to total of 6 levels. You need to bring a ladder that you move upwards as you ascend. That's pretty much it.

The second thing I've explored is that abandoned house in the forest near my neighbourhood on the suburbs. Again nothing particularly interesting. The basement is quite tight and short, you have sorta duck to explore it, but there was nothing in there. On the ground floor you can lift a piece of the wooden floor and there's some sort of a stash with old dirty jars with beans and plums. On the upper floor there's a big brick furnance and a framed picture of Jesus. There was also an accounting journal from 1948 and some math notebook. There's also an attic but it's severely collapsed so I didn't risk going there.
>>
>>17334465
Impact karambit and a crowbar.
>>
>>17338128
Kek
>>
>>17332711
Bong? Whereabouts?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.