[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

egregore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Anyone up for an experiment here? I'm sure most of you know what an egregore is. For those who don't, I will provide a brief explanation:
>Simply, it is thought to be an entity that is
> created through group think,
> in other words, if we put enough life into
> something that is fiction, it maybe manifest
> in reality somehow.

What is my experiment? Simply for us to combine our actions and thoughts, via a thread, into a visual anchor that will bring about change through a fictional story that could manifest in someway in reality. This doesn't mean we can just think something fictional to life, it means that our collective thoughts will manifest some change in reality.

Will it work? Fuck if I know. That's why it's an experiment.

What is the plan of action?
1. Create a suitable image
2. Come up with an explanation or mystery
3. Create a supporting mythos and, importantly, how it is directly important for people to know or understand it
4. disseminate this information throughout the internet

Notes: This doesn't have to be a monster or a physical thing. It could be a curse brought on by seeing an image, or by doing something (through reverse psychology will tempt people to do it). But this is with the intent purpose to cause change and see what happens.

<----- Also random image.
>>
>>17327852
how about something positive. i don't have any specific ideas but why not see if we can make something good happen rather than something bad.
>>
>>17327859
I had thought about this, and I came to the conclusion that something bad has a bigger emotional impact than something good, and triggering fear is an easy thing to do.

But if you think that's possible, I'm all for it.
>>
>>17327862
>something bad has a bigger emotional impact than something good
That anon has a point. In our day to day due to the news desensitizing us we've come to expect the worst as common place. A bunch of people died from an explosion or virus, the sun's going to kill our electronics, asteroid apocalypse, yada yada.

Hearing we've inexplicably found the cure for all disease or something like that would have a much bigger impact on society.

There's a reason fear and anger are so easy to trigger. Something that can only be attributed to an outright miracle however triggers a feeling that's much harder to handwave. If you've seen what blind faith looks like and does you'd know it's powerful stuff. It has all people clamoring to praise the source behind it to gain favor and safety.
>>
Thats never worked when II run outta weed m8. Never appears in my sack magically after I think about it.
>>
>>17327901
read op post better
it never was for things to magically appear
it was to create some sort of change
and it was an experiment
>>
Interesting, but it doesn't appear to work the way OP described it, i think. The most powerful egregore is religion,but why don't I see Jesus Descending from the sky to us if it's true? Although i remember some news like: "A dog pissed against the wall and his urine formed Jesus's face",so may be it works that way
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.