[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reincarnation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
11KB, 259x194px
What do you guys think about reincarnation? I know there have been studies on it that have had interesting results. Anyone here remember a past life or anything?
>>
Unless you remember your past selfs, It's a meaningles thing.
>>
>>17322922

From what I've read, we don't remember so we go into each life with a new perspective. Also, it's so we don't go after people that may have wronged us in a previous life.
>>
>>17322892
more like recycle, dust to dust, suffering dead once is painful enough I think.

let the man rest in peace and enjoy the great silence
>>
Seen a Twilight Zone episode where everyone remembers their past lives.
People despaired over every unsatisfactory new life and suicide became common.
>>
>>17323044

That makes sense.
>>
>>17322922
Lies. It connects you to everything and accepting that all life is just a dice roll away from your next fate breeds universal compassion.
>>
According to the studies your life will be reflected by your higher self and the next life will be designed to make experiences you want to make. There is no point in remembering past lives only the fact that we all are eternal beings. Imo the point of reincarnation is to recognize and become the true self only then you will be able to become a creator.
>>
>>17322922
You have the full knowledge of your past life's: intuition
>>
>>17323175
we're already creators
>>
>>17323352
True, but as long as you are not aware of it, you create reality according to the expectations of others! Media/believe /Science
>>
>>17323366
I agree but that's because we have extremely limited perception compared to the higher self or supreme creator that constructed this reality. we have a long ways to go but that's not a negative thing, we have to work with what he have
>>
General consensus is that we live over and over again to learn things.

Why?

And why must death be so painful for the living?
>>
>>17323492
We both speak english, right?

This lets us in on some stuff that we can share, it creates a glimmer of unity.

We all feel pain. This creates unity in the universe. It lets us understand our pets, and our enemies, if only we remain open. We can't let ourselves lie to God and say that
"Only my pain is real" because then we are alone and depressed.
>>
>>17323028
if you cant remember your past life at all, that life is dead. Who is the "you" who's being reborn if its just a fresh slate?
>>
File: ruburt2.jpg (9KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
ruburt2.jpg
9KB, 190x265px
>>17322892

I think we quite possibly live many different lives across time and space simultaneously that all influence eachother, and that our "present" life is the only one we perceive due to a particular focus taken by our consciousness. Theoretical physics implies that time is non-linear, so the idea of a past or present life is logically flawed.

A lot of this kind of thought can be found in the Seth literature, channeled (allegedly) by pic related.
>>
>>17322892
I remember hearing about a place in, I want to say, Indonesia, where there's this mass collection of Palm leaves. Apparently, they ask you a few questions and then pull out a set of leaves, they then tell you distinct details about your life, and past lives, and how your life will be in the next. I heard about this about 10 years ago, so I'm really fuzzy on the details, but if someone knows what I'm talking about, I'm sure everyone would love more info.
>>
>>17324038
http://livingheritage.org/leaves-life-sam.htm

found a link.
>>
I like the idea of reincarnation. It doesn't make sense to experience nothing as a dead thing, so there must be some kind of wake up eventually. But you might be an insect in another part of the universe... suckage!
>>
>>17324083
Do you see why meditation is worthwhile now?
If you enjoy nothing, then you can enjoy everything.
>>
>>17322892
I wonder if you would reincarnate only on this planet or it's possible to reincarnate in some other place in universe.
>>
>>17324316
Some people say yes, because life is life, not just human earth centric life.
>>
>>17324316
there are many realms. you're born into the realm that attracts you. the purer you are, the less this valley of moribund, physical shades attracts you and you may be born into a more subtle realm, ditching your mineral sheath for a sheath only of light and air, in which case you may be born into one of the higher spheres such as Jupiter. those who are born on Jupiter don't manifest ll the way down to the mineral. when this entire cosmos reincarnates after the pralaya, we will all be born into the Jupiter state (initially anyway). but some people can approach that state or similar now and leave physical/mineral incarnation. your desires for the fruits of mineral incarnation, such as sex, violence, avarice, etc. must be completely shed though or you'll still nurture a desire for this world that will tumble you down into incarnation.
>>
>>17324083
does it really no make sense? or its just an undesirable concept?
>>
>>17324444
It's hard to desire something that is unlike anything. Nice quads.
>>
>>17324024

I guess it depends on if the place we "go" to is outside of the time we experience. This place might allow you to see everything at once.

Would be nuts.
>>
>>17324013
Just because you can't remember your time while sleeping doesn't mean that sleeping itself isn't worth studying.
>>
>>17324013
From what I've heard, we remember all our past lives once we die and go to the afterlife. We forget them here because of temporary amnesia that we willingly do to ourselves before we reincarnate on Earth.

Think of physical life as an MMORPG, and our past lives are like level 99 characters with all the best equipment and millions of gold. We still have those characters on our "account", so to speak, but we keep making new ones because being so overpowered isn't very interesting.
>>
>>17324432
>your desires for the fruits of mineral incarnation, such as sex, violence, avarice, etc. must be completely shed though or you'll still nurture a desire for this world that will tumble you down into incarnation.

I don't understand why sex is frequently lumped in with violence, greed, or any other negative shit. Sex is fine. It's inherently good, like eating ice cream. Better, even, because sex actually burns calories and ice cream doesn't.
>>
>>17330075
It also gives birth to war, pollution, destruction of nature. It can destroy families, and it spreads deadly disease in modern times. It's bad in excess. It's better still if you say it isn't allowed.
>>
>>17330075
sex is good if its made with love. if its made with lust, hate, power, domination, depravity- is bad
>>
>>17330097
I simply can't agree with this. If we had more sex, we'd have less war. Pollution is caused by industrialization, not sex. STDs are admittedly a concern, but getting puritanical about sex isn't the answer.

>>17330103
You could say the same thing about literally anything. Also, I disagree that lust is inherently bad. I don't see anything wrong with desiring someone even if you aren't deeply in love with them, as long as you don't have an SO in your life who would be hurt by you fucking someone else.
>>
>>17322892
>Anyone here remember a past life or anything?
Several.
>>
>>17330152

Ooh, so what were they?
>>
>>17330655
One was a chicken and one was a goat, but the one that stands out was the one on the boat.
>>
Back in the 70s my dad would travel for work. He said when he had gotten to West Virginia. He said there was a part that he could swear he'd been to before. He recognized things, even though he'd never been there before.

I suppose it's possible that we live multiple lives. But how does consciousness survive the death of our bodies?
>>
File: tmp_71PwPe2l2053524403.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_71PwPe2l2053524403.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
>>17322892
I used an obsidian stone while reading the work of a certain writer and either remembered being incarnated as that individual.

There is also the possibility that I simply connected to that person in an extremely profound way, reliving their experiences and thoughts, even though they are no longer alive today.

Be warned that black obsidian is extremely powerful and can change the course of your life.
>>
Man I just wanna go somewhere peaceful where I can learn cool things
>>
I have lots of memories from past lives, different hells and heavens, and different versions of my current life.
In the afterlife, you can take on a multitude of "jobs" instead of being born into a physical body, as a way to accumulate more karma before living a life again. One of the tasks I took on was giving wrathful deities inspirations for personal hells for those that wronged me, but in a way that they could learn valuable lessons without needlessly having their souls traumatized. Even the most frightening denizens of hell are punishing you out of love and just want you to do better next time.
As a tip, let me just say that dying selflessly for another is one of the best ways to choose how your afterlife will go. But not if your death could have been easily avoided.
If you ever get the option, it's not so bad an idea to get reincarnated as a lower animal. It only uses a portion of your soul's energy, and it can have great benefits for you in the long run.

Also, when you die, the whole "all of time is occurring simultaneously " concept just seems to click in your mind like you knew it all along.
>>
One other thing to mention that's probably the most dangerous thing for people to know, is that karma gods can be tricked and negotiated with to your own ends. Just be careful you don't get caught.
>>
>>17331911
That's not true!

It just depends on who catches you.
>>
>>17331922
This is true, i remember how it's possible for us to even become karma gods ourselves, and assign ourselves to specific people if we get good enough at it
Basically the possibilities in the world of reincarnation are almost limitless, if you have enough imagination balanced with compassion and wisdom

My story began when I was murdered as a child trying to save a neighbor girl from being raped. A deity basically taught me everything I needed to know about the afterlife in a cosmic "daycare, and eventually I had the chance to pass those same lessons on to other children in positions similar to mine.
But I started taking shortcuts, losing my patience, and was eventually given a human life again as punishment

The afterlife can be a lot of fun if you just let yourself go with the flow and try to take a lesson from everything!
>>
>>17331859
that's basically where you are when you are dead, a peaceful place where you learn things. of course everything kind of rushes in at once, kind of a "eureka" moment if you will. But then you have to go back eventually and keep working on your karma.
>>
instead of reading new articles or taking word by newage teachers, read the actual sources where the theory originates.

in the classical and original sense, it's not fluffy newagey stuff and you're somehow assigned on missions/light beings are guiding you through experiences/learning it's none of that bullshit.

you are trapped in this whirlpool of existence and suffering because of your own ignorance somehow. your lives are insiginifcant too as in you're not a special unique being or your status, you reached it due to karma, there's no learning in anything. all of it is utterly pointless and society is nothing but a roleplay, dabbling into it and experience hunting only causes more karma which bounds you in this cycle.

all of it is samsara, but its real essence is conciousness, an ocean of conciousness, but what you see is a projection of the mind. It's neither real or unreal. It can't really be explained. only realization of the essence, wherein the mind becomes one pointed and asorbed you break free, the world disappears and apparently yogis can drop their body at this stage. it can take many lifetimes and you have to giveup everything and be extremely disciplined to achieve. In some scriptures, it says we can bring some kind of mental traits to the next lives, which is supported by karma. and that bodies are physical projections of the traits of the mind, so if one person is animalistic and desirous he may not achieve a human body in the next life and so on. the more pure and untainted by reality you are, the more likely you'll get closer to achieving liberation.

there are many variations written in scriptures, but it's all the same really, but very different from what newage teachers preach and shit. oh yeah and the idea that we're all gods - people take it so wrong, we're all the same essence, that means even insects are just as much of a god as you are.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.