[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street light dying over you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (39KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 320x320px
>walking towards streetlight
>soon as you get under it, it goes off

Why? I walked past the same street lamp like 50-60 times in my neighborhood over a year, and it would only kick off the very second I walked under. I waited and watched it one day, and it wouldn't do it periodically or spontaneously, but nonetheless would kick off as soon as I approached it.

I know it has to be faulty to begin with, because it only works with a handful of street lamps. But when it does, it is 100% consistent every time. I asked someone about it, and they said I'm an "energy sucker", and that this is a bad sign for me.

Is this just a weird coincidence? Is there anything to the energy sucker "theory"?
>>
You just want to feel special, so you are looking for meaning where there is none.

It's just coincidence, you don't have anything special about you.
>>
>>17322257
I figured, but I don't think I'm special. I'm certain this has happened to
someone else, since that's why I'm asking in this thread.
>>
no such thing as an "energy sucker," but some people do naturally produce abnormally elevated EM disturbances.

all humans create an EM signature, which is how devices like touch screens or theremines work, some people just happen to produce stronger fields, and these fields can some times cause minor disruptions in some circuits.

think about it thermodynamically, if you were really siphoning the energy in the street light away, where would that energy be going? into you? that "energy" is electricity. did you know we have a word for when a body sucks up electricity? it is called "electrocution." let me ask you this, do you feel electrocuted?

even if we suppose that "energy" was getting converted into another form before it reached your body, we would still see some kind of net gain in your body. do you get hot when you are near it? does your body spontaneously gain calories? no" then you probably aren't absorbing energy.

inb4 some psudo animism bullshit where you are absorbing the fucking street lights "life essence" into your own "life essence" or some shit.
>>
>>17322289

meant to say vitalism, not animism.
>>
It's just confirmation bias. Coincidence.
>>
Yes me too.

Its happened to me 4-5 times in life. Fucking weird.
>>
>>17322268
Street light interference phenomenon. It's a thing. Many people have experienced what you describe.
>>
Maybe you're being followed by an entity?
>>
>>17322289
This was actually my explanation. But I'm pretty far away from the ballast or light itself.

That's cool, if it's the case. Definitely more likely, and yeah I am a man of science as well. I hate it when people talk about unquantifiable "energy" that isn't kinetic, heat, electric, etc

Electromagnetism, huh? I want to bring someone to the lamp and see if they do it to the light.
>>
>>17322316
This is the post I wanted!

I knew I couldn't be the only one.

It's a REALLY uncanny coincidence though, guys. I seriously passed under it nearly 100 times (I worked there 8 months, walked that way once nightly), and noticed it every single time after the 4th or 5th time it happened.
>>
Not really the same, but I've noticed that frequently when I walk by people, they drop stuff or walk into things or stumble. It happens way too often for me to believe it's simply coincidence.
>>
Post a video of it happening or it doesnt happen
>>
Not really the same, but I've noticed that frequently when I eat at a restaurant with people, they either eat stuff or leave when finished. It happens way too often for me to believe it's simply coincidence.
>>
File: 1452175134445.png (498KB, 617x655px) Image search: [Google]
1452175134445.png
498KB, 617x655px
>>17322367
>>
>>17322365
Sure. I'll even walk the route I walk, just to prove I'm not standing near the lamp waiting for it to "cycle", and counting it.

I don't care for recognition or notoriety. I am still willing to admit it's just a sort of black swan effect or whatever, and I'm just getting really lucky seeing only one outcome.

Again, it's definitely a faulty mechanism. Maybe I'm stepping on cables underground, and the minute pressure fucks the current enough to make the already dying light finally quit.

Actually, that's not a bad explanation now that I think of it.

It's 4am here, and streetlights turn off in like an hour. It's a good 4-5 minutes from
Home, and it's cold. I'll post video confirmation tomorrow.

I hope this doesn't dox me somehow lol
>>
>>17322353
Lol this guy is like the tv trope where people just do a double take at his ugly/sexy self, and end up tripping or causing an accident

Post pics. Are you hideous or sexy?
>>
>>17322419
no doxxing, but a video would certainly make the whole phenomena seem more intriguing
>>
>>17322436
I'll train it mostly on the sidewalk, avoid steet signs or local business signs.

I'm gonna look crazy walking in my neighborhood give commentary to a paranormal website. I already have a reputation in my neighborhood as being odd.
>>
>>17322482
Giving

No bump
>>
>>17322353
Buy some fucking acne.
>>
>>17322367
Order a fucking check.
>>
>>17322233
Hey man. Hate to break it to you, but think about how many street lights there are in a city. Where I live, there's one at least every 10 meters or so, one in every cal de sac, so on so forth.

That's a lot of street lights to pass under. It is totally normal for them to go out over you with the sheer amount you pass under.

A bunch of the ones where I live periodically go off and on throughout the night.
>>
>>17323525
OP is a tard, but you're a bigger one. He said it was the same light every time.
>>
>>17322257
Coincidence is "its" way of remaining anonymous :)
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference_phenomenon
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.