[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_np8bjiJBE41u40a5xo1_1280.jpg (143KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np8bjiJBE41u40a5xo1_1280.jpg
143KB, 640x640px
So is there any benefit from meditation
Does it help to get a peace of mind? And does dmt help with it?
>>
>>17318113
it depends on what you wanna get out of meditation. but also if you haven't done other psychedelics before. do NOT do dmt.
>>
>>17318129
>do NOT do dmt

DO DMT, don't listen to this faggot.
>>
>>17318129
Don't listen to him, do DMT and do enough to break the limit.
>>
File: smoalkmoar2.png (316KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
smoalkmoar2.png
316KB, 409x500px
>>17318113

>this thread
>>
Meditation is shifting mindstates on your own. Normally you need food or music or sex to do it. But when you die, those things aren't there.

Meditation is preparing for death. But death is just another state of mind, and you can experience it through proper meditation, after several years of diiligence.

Or you could just do what these happy people are suggesting and not gain anything as useful as a work ethic.

Dmt is cheating your way to the deeper parts of meditation, without the understanding gained from the earlier lessons your body teaches. It's not a way to enlightment or to happiness, it's the way to death, in all of it's ways. It gives you a brief understanding of death, but it isn't enough if you're dumb as a bag of rocks. It's learning the cheat codes of the universe, but you can't access them without pausing the game, or meditation.

Meditate daily for the rest of your life.
You'll get peace of mind and increased mental prowess. You'll tone your body with breath and get better as a being. If you undergo drugs,abstain from sex and masturbation prior. It makes it less likely that the spirits will fuck you over. Get a pack of cigs too and smoke one prior to meditation. It helps keep away bad spirits. If you live in an apartment, you're crawling in bad spirits.
>>
File: mobile-22214-1422911595-5.jpg (28KB, 720x492px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-22214-1422911595-5.jpg
28KB, 720x492px
>>17319057
Currently I'm living in an apartment
I moved away from my friends and family
For a job, I'm working in north las vegas(sin city ) I live in the worst part and my wife and baby are going to visit family so I'm going to be by myself and I also have a ex that's coming the weekend and I don't want to cheat and let the worse part of myself take over.
I was hoping meditation might help and Is there any special steps like how to sit when your doing it and where to keep your hands
And I smoke weed often it makes a difference.
>>17319057
>>
>So is there any benefit from meditation

You become pliable and mentally resilient, like rubber. You don't break and lose your mind when faced with hardship... you can absorb immense suffering even though its painful. This ability to maintain awareness is priceless because it keeps you from ending up in an even worse situation.

It is only until you master meditation that you become completely free from suffering. You become "empty" in the sense that nothing can impact you and cause suffering in any way. That is what is meant by "transcendence" rather than the common misinterpreted idea of being whisked away to some far-away paradise, gone from the Earth with all its apparent problems and conflicts.
>>
Dude what does dmt have to do with meditation
>>
>>17319521
At the very least it presents an alternate experience of reality which (at the time) appears equally as real as normal waking life.

However, to make use of such an experience would require one to then question just what reality actually is, and to begin the process of learning how to discriminate between what is real and unreal. Naturally, this line-of-thought would eventually lead to an increased interest in related subjects which pertain to that, such as meditation.
>>
Well I just meditated for the first time and can safely say it helps with telekinesis. Also supposedly makes you heal faster. It can do more than just calming your mind that's for sure.
>>
>>17319520
>>17319520
>rather than the common misinterpreted idea of being whisked away to some far-away paradise, gone from the Earth with all its apparent problems and conflicts.

I dunno dude, this is pretty much what meditation did for me back when I was good at it
We're probably following different methodologies but it's basically semantics, one dude's transcendence might not be another's
>>
>>17319625
>tfw you meditate and find yourself to be floating off the ground
>tfw you open your eyes and tilt, falling over
>shocked back to normal brain functioning
>tfw can't tell if it was real or perceptual

Was neat either way
>>
>>17318113
>DMT
Not for the faint of heart.
>>
File: dudememes.jpg (537KB, 1000x999px) Image search: [Google]
dudememes.jpg
537KB, 1000x999px
>>17318113

anything that throws you off balance does the opposite of bring peace

learning to surf the waves of mental chaos can bring peace to the harshest storm, however
>>
>>17318113
>Does it help to get a peace of mind?
No, but it helps with maintaining peace of mind.
>And does dmt help with it?
Not at all. It actually degrades the quality of meditation by introducing strong emotions.
>>
>>17318113
>>17318569
>>17318567
Shitter here, what is DMT?

Last time I lurked here on /x/, apparently I can passively meditate while walking and such.
>>
>>17318113
For me i find that meditation helps you to find a baste state of awareness/being. when you meditate enough you can bring that state of mind into any situation making it easier to cope with stress or anxiety and just generally improve your mood
>>
>>17321037
Compound in ur brain that is released during religious experiences and when you are dying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
>>
File: jer.jpg (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
jer.jpg
16KB, 300x250px
What is the deal with placing your tongue on the roof of you mouth?

Like where do you put it? Gotta admit when I out directly up it kind of gives me a panic attack of sorts, nothing really ever touches the roof of my mouth I guess.

What could it possibly do???
>>
Yes. Yes. No.

Meditation and dmt have little to no connection.

It's like if your eyesight is bad and someone offers you a pair of glasses or a movie to watch. The movie isn't gonna help you see better. Just in the same, the dmt may give you a nice experience, but it won't help you see better.
>>
no Its not good for you its painful.
>>
>>17322500
Short answer: it does nothing.

Long answer: there is a reason for putting your tongue on the top of the mouth regarding energy. But it's not so important.

The basic point is just to get you to have a place to put your tongue during medtiation, so that you'll stop worrying about what to do with it like you are now.
>>
>>17322673
I wouldn't even be worrying about it if it weren't for those jackasses telling me to move my tongue.
>>
>>17319057
>cigarettes scare away bad spirits
>>
File: myrhh-gum.jpg (24KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
myrhh-gum.jpg
24KB, 340x270px
>>17319491
Avoid weed with ex's. It's the plant of the love goddess. It's an old-norse charm to find a lover. Like a sexual one. Especially if a lady gives it to you.

Try and sit straight, but I mean, I usually lay down to do it.

Your hands should be in gy-an mudra or the mudra of the root chakra. The normal one you see in media.
Singing bowls are pretty good for frequency, or chanting "OM" until you have no more thoughts. It's the sound of the big bang, and the universe.

>>17323748 Do you even native? He's in the USA, native american magic is powerful, Ideally you'd grow it yourself, but tobacco is a gatekeeper, it summons spiritual allies like it summons wasps to eat it's predators.
It's also used by like 85% of schizos so it probably has something to it. Just don't overuse it, or your guides won't heed your summons anymore with it. It acts as a purgative in herbalism. It makes you poop/vomit out the bad(worms etc.) As above so below. Pic tangentially related to meditation.
>>
Meditation is a chance for you to observe your mind and put it under a microscope.

however meditation. And concentration is only 1/3 of the Buddhism, according to the Noble Eightfold Path. There is ethics and effort that play into it.

Definitely it can bebused for inducing relaxed states. Often you want to be relaxed to meditate deeper as it will help you. When the mind is finally still, you can now easily observe every ripple of thought that passes and its effect on your body and mind.
>>
File: App-20-Completing.gif (26KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
App-20-Completing.gif
26KB, 250x273px
>>17322500
On a normal level, keeping the tongue on the roof of your mouth keeps the upper part of your face, like cheekbones, from degrading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8

On an energetic level, the purpose of keeping the tongue on the roof of your mouth is to cycle energy/qi in the body properly. Read mantak chia to gain a better understanding of this.

The picture shows just using the tip of your tongue to touch right behind the teeth. I use my whole tongue to cover the entirety of the roof of my mouth though--To hold up the upper face.
>>
>>17324017
I guess that makes sense. Does anyone else kind of freak out from this or am I just a weirdo?
>>
>>17321832
Stop spreading disinformation.
>>
>>17323934
Tell me more about this effect of weed with ex's
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.