[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Werewolf thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 300px-Werewolf_(Doctor_Who).jpg (10KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Werewolf_(Doctor_Who).jpg
10KB, 300x166px
What does /x/ know about werewolves?
Also werewolf thread
>>
>>17316629
There's a dogmen thread running now [ >>>>17303190 ] with some posts about werewolves.

See >>17306890 and follow the replies.
>>
Werewolves are cool brah, they were my favourite monster as a kid and they probably still are.

Furries fucking ruin them and all the edgy Tumblr kids who say shit like "omg im wulfkinn i turned into a werewolf last night and howled at the moon for hours".

Werewolves are cool but they seem to attract the most autism.
>>
File: 2016-02-05-13-57-34--714651080.jpg (7KB, 217x160px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-05-13-57-34--714651080.jpg
7KB, 217x160px
>>17316629
>>
>>17316629

They represent the raw human sexual desires.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan the fact that the body was displayed in the court and later dissapeared is spoopy ... oversized hyena/wolf or lycanthrope
>>
>>17318870
Okay, but this
>In 2001 the French naturalist Michel Louis proposed that the red-colored mastiff belonging to Jean Chastel sired the beast and its resistance to bullets may have been due to it wearing the armoured hide of a young boar thus also accounting for the unusual colour.
The hell? Come on science, you should do better than this or keep your mouth shut.
>>
Werewolf's suck
>>
File: 2264626.png (551KB, 825x510px) Image search: [Google]
2264626.png
551KB, 825x510px
>>17316629

Myths of men that could transform into wolves are pretty common around the world. Skinwalkers in North America, Lycanthropes in Greece, Kitsune in Japan (well, technically, foxes that turn into people, not people into wolves).

But the only ones that were actually forced into a transformation were the legends from eastern Europe. For some reason, they were associated with vampires, who were believed to be able to shapeshift.

Watch the films 'Howl' and 'Dog Soldiers'. Good British werewolf horrors.

Also, obligatory link in name (This damn 'spam detection' is so fucking annoying. There's a post on werewolves in there)
>>
>>17318939
>Kitsune in Japan
There's a book on foxes, in English but from a Japanese company. It's old enough (1961) to not be contaminated by modern Japanese media depictions of foxes (as in before otakus and weeaboos).
Be careful when reading it. It is written in a mysterious, garbled English, but this is The Reference Book in English. If you can say so.
The scan is terrible, pages 6 and 7 are out of order, but it beats buying used copies for $300 - this book is rare. You can take a look to decide if the book is worth buying.

Kitsuné by Kiyoshi Nozaki (the diacritic is there like you see in Pokémon):
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/LKQuZONh/file.html
>>
>>17317030
Pretty much this, I feel shame for openly expressing any love for werewolves because its like "oh you're one of those".
>>
>>17319300
You might like an anime (yeah, I know) called Wolf's Rain.
Opening (the original music is in English):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQuu7GPxAI
>>
>>17319331
Seen it. Thanks though.
>>
>>17316629
I had a crippling fear of wolves/werewolves as early as I can remember. I don't know what triggered it, but I remember it was so bad that I would break down into hysterics if the teacher tried to read little red riding hood or stuff like that. Eventually I got over the wolf part, but the werewolf thing still stuck. The body horror of it all, and unfamiliarity, yellow eyes and grotesque faces just freak me the fuck out.

These new dogmen stories don't help because now, these things I was so afraid of as a kid, might be out there for real. And they look just as scary as the stuff that used to paralyze me as a kid.
>>
>>17319546
I remember the precise moment that I became scared of werewolves. It was thanks to this illustration from a book of nursery rhymes where the Big Bad Wolf(anthropomorphised, because WHY WOULDN'T HE BE!?) is bursting into the cottage.

Forgot about it for 20 years. When moving, I found the book in a box up in the attic, was leafing through it and saw the picture and was instantly a terrified 4-year-old all over again.
>>
>>17319718
The earliest moment I can remember would have to be when I saw this picture from scary stories to tell in the dark. It's the ONLY one in that book that bothered me. It freaked me out so much that I'd have to cover the picture up with my hand if I wanted to read the story.

Also one of my most vivid dreams I've ever had involved these giant wolf beasts running alongside our car on the road to our house, and on either side of the road, were lambs in the field being slaughtered by these monsters. I remember the screams they'd make, and I remember seeing some trying to escape but they'd get tangled in the barbed wire and bleeding all over the place. Nobody else in the car seemed to be seeing all of this in my dream, just me. Giant grey wolf beasts that were huge, they looked like the thing from American werewolf in London, but I could only recall the shape they had, I never saw their faces up close. I remember they were the size of our car, and they'd be leaping from one side of the road to the other to get to the sheep. And all along the road while this was happening, and I was seeing all this carnage, cars were just driving by like nothing was happening.
>>
File: 2spewkie.jpg (74KB, 500x528px) Image search: [Google]
2spewkie.jpg
74KB, 500x528px
>>17319755
oops here is the picture. and the story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxmyXSop0Y
>>
>>17319761
>>17319761
I think werewolves work on a completely separate set of fears than your other "monster squad" members. There's this whole Jekyll/Hyde aspect to them, which seems to play on our fears of the savage that lurks within us all.
>>
I got fucked up by Wolf with Jack Nicholson, and Michael Jackson in Thriller..
>>
>>17320278
>Michael Jackson in Thriller
It was good back then, and it still quite nice I think, but that laugh in the end was reused to death. It's impossible to watch the videoclip without the laugh getting on your nerves.
>>
https://youtu.be/ZjrLEClhO-0
>>
File: 1368927459249.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1368927459249.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>17318833
>>
>>17320961
>>17320278
yeah Thriller fucked me up pretty bad as a kid, too. I can't really talk about it, but I'm glad it got to other people too. I think that was the first body transformation in film I'd ever seen, so it was especially horrifying. Same with American Werewolf later. Same guy made both monster special effects, too. And he's still alive and he's not getting any work because CGI is all over the place. He made a lot of shit actually, gremlins, the grinch, ect. Rick Baker was the GOAT
>>
>>17321664
At least you didn't watch this as a kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wresBTVrSzk
>>
>>17316629

I know they're not real, for starters.
>>
>>17321684
jesus christ
>>
According to the internet I'm a werewolf because I have a black ring around my iris and have trouble sleeping during the full moon
>>
>>17322209
c-congratulations?
>>
>>17321684

Best transformation ever.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.