[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to advertise paranormal services?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1418594648936.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418594648936.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
Hi /x/. Recently, I've decided I want to take up a job cleansing houses of hauntings and spiritual infestations. The problem is, I have zero idea on how to advertise myself. Craigslist doesn't really have an applicable section, and I can't go around chit chatting with people about it since I live in the Bible Belt.
I've been practicing magick for some time now, and have definitely developed the skill to apply to such cleansings. I'd do it for free, even. I just want to apply what I know I can do. Anybody have experience in this?

Also, I can practice this skill at long distance should anyone here be having an issue.
>>
Don't advertise in the threads. Buy a banner ad if you want to do that.
>>
>>17308350
By that definition, /div/ threads are advertising since they offer free readings. I'm not charging for anything, just looking for advice.
>>
>playing makebelieve is a marketable skill
>>
>>17308357

Might want to follow your teacher's advice and take that reading comprehension class over the summer.
>>
>I've decided I want to take up a job cleansing houses of hauntings and spiritual infestations.

> I'm not charging for anything
>>
>>17308333
Nice triple OP!

Put a post here and on some other paranormal chan's with an approximate location and make tppo & fakebook, publish a 2spoopy memoir & go on a bookshop tour, post attractive and mystical-looking flyers in and around cafes and magic & new-age and occult shops.

And actually do what you say you're trying to do, in real houses, for real people.
>>
>>17308382
OP here. Seems like good advice, will definitely post around and try to get some good rapport with a clientele base.
>>
File: 1243144240782.jpg (62KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1243144240782.jpg
62KB, 243x243px
>>17308382
>Put a post here

RULE 11: Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

https://www.4chan.org/rules
>>
>>17308396
Report it then. If I get banned, I get banned. Until then, stop shitting up the thread.
>>
File: 1450237049750.jpg (47KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
1450237049750.jpg
47KB, 315x475px
>>17308396
This isnt a form of advertising this is consultation on advertising with people that know this topic.
>>
OP tell us where you are at. Lists some prices for services, tell us how to contact you right now, right here!!
>>
>>17308396
I honestly did not realise that global rule 6
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
Existed
Is /b/ an actual paradox?
>>
>>17308429
Lol
>>
Just say that you're a ghost buster.
>>
>>17308453
I checked, it's not.
>>
File: SpooksB_Gone.jpg (119KB, 811x1039px) Image search: [Google]
SpooksB_Gone.jpg
119KB, 811x1039px
I've been working on my suit to wear as I clear houses of spooks, here's me with it so far. Cool or double cool?
>>
File: 56546.jpg (124KB, 785x945px) Image search: [Google]
56546.jpg
124KB, 785x945px
I've bought these super cool stickers to put on my car so I look that part. You're jelly, I can sense it.
>>
>OP makes a thread about something legitimately paranormal
>devolves into debating arbitrary rules and shitposting

never change, /x/, you shitty, shitty board
>>
>>17308333
I know a guy who does house cleanings for a living, and he gets clients mostly by word of mouth. I'm not sure how he originally got into it, but he probably started by offering to his friends. Mind you, this man has an extensive social network, so there's that.

I've been thinking of seeing if I can get people to pay me for tarot readings, but I'm not sure how to get into it either. Doing it for free on /div/ got old, but I'd still like to keep practicing, if at least for spare money here and there.
>>
>>17308693
A table in the street can get bank if you can into tarot, it's all about looking the part & being nice.
>>
File: Csm_craig_as_snob.jpg (35KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
Csm_craig_as_snob.jpg
35KB, 595x335px
>>17308401
>STOP SHITTING UP MY SHILL THREAD, F-FAGGOT
>>
>>17308514
Sup, OP
>legitimately paranormal
Nigga, this is more /biz/ than /x/.
>arbitrary rules
Fuck off to another site if you can't respect the rules then

May I suggest
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>17308797
>A table in the street can get bank
Any suggestions for placement or price? I'd ask in /div/, but they do it for free.

>if you can into tarot
I'm accurate enough, and people have enjoyed my readings. I'm better at scrying, so maybe I can get myself a cheap crystal ball knockoff and charge extra for those readings.

>it's all about looking the part
That's a problem, as I'm a tall white guy, and the look is a dark-skinned female, typically older. Also, I live in a primarily immigrant area, so that's a problem.

>being nice
Oh, I can do that. The last three readings I gave my brother amounted to:
>she'll never go for you because you're broke
>your money is wrong because you spend it on bullshit and have no ambition
>your head is up our ass because you spend too much time chasing skirts
but I did it in such a way that I had him laughing the whole time and smiling at the end.
>>
>>17308897
>placement / price
Go to a well trafficed, urban centre with shops and stuff. Snatch a cafe table for the afternoon or bring a little one along in a cart or somesuch. Price is variable, just get into 2spooky convos with open minded passersby and after a while they'll wanna pay you, work it like a panhandler or busker pretty much. You wanna find & hustle tourists and cute college-girls, I assume.

>looks
Just get some quality scarves for tablecloth, a few quartz-points and an amethyst necklace maybe a naruto headband or something shit.

>being nice
I just mean socially engaging and pleasant company, you can give whatever reading is honest & that'll help you succeed/sell the experience
>>
>>17308333
Have you tried browsing more dedicated paranormal/tarot forums? Guaranteed there are people asking about this on those sites and you will find people who do this "professionally" discussing their prices and business methods. Try googling it and going through different threads about these issues.

As for tarot pricing, some people charge hundreds of dollars for 30-60 minutes readings. Pricing depends mostly on your location (country, state, city...) and competition. You could always start a YouTube channel and get business that way, especially if you post tarot videos. Try starting at around the $10-25 range?

Also try to find local advertising for other people offering these services in your area. You've probably seen them and never taken notice before. You can always call local psychics and tarot readers and inquire as to their pricing and methods.
>>
>>17308995
Sometimes those psychic shops rent chairs like a hairdresser.
It really comes back to reputation and contacts like
>>17308693
Said.
>>
>>17308333
>Anybody have experience in this?
Yes. Git gud, advertise online (have a website), but also introduce yourself as an exorcist in whatever tradition.

The trick is, that you're able to argue your position against skeptics, so that if you're faced with someone who's interested, and they're with a hardcore fedora-tipping atheist, you're able to talk your way through and make a good impression as a person who knows what they're talking about.

If you can't do that, well, you're going to have a really hard time.

>>17308897
>cheap crystal ball knockoff
Technically, if the glass has a lead content of (IIRC) 20%+, it's considered crystal glass. Close enough. and quite cheap, too.

>>17308984
>naruto headband
I SHIGGY DIGGY.

When I used to do similar things, I always just went reasonably well dressed, with my stuff in a simple box, and a more business-like attitude. It worked very well for me, but then, I couldn't do the whole scarves and sleepy eyes look for the life of me.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 600x1000px
>>17308897
if you set up a table get licensed as a minister or something - you can do it online at one of those universal new age things - or you won't be able to charge money, just tips. i mean if you are just doing it on the street you might get by but i have heard people can get in trouble for that unless you explicitly state that you do readings for entertainment

you said you live in the Bible Belt, i do as well and desu superstitions run as deep here as anywhere else, i think you would be able to find clients just fine. see if you can find a metaphysical shop, i did tarot readings at $35 a reading and they took about an hour. the shop got a cut too . . . i was newer and most people charged a more than i did. another good place would be the farmers market, lots of hippies there, put up your info/business card at health food places, colleges, yoga centers, and stuff like that

and as anon said above, just do a good job and be honest with others and yourself about your abilities and you will be golden
>>
>>17309998
>$35 a reading and they took about an hour
You severely undervalued your service. Try more like $120-150/h.
>>
>>17308333
Newspaper ad:
HARRY DRESDEN — WIZARD
Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations.
Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Parties or Other Entertainment
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 960x767px
>>17310006
sad but true! i already worked at the store and the whole thing was totally janky to be honest, everyone who worked there was way too fucking nice and the boss took advantage. i saw a lot of genuine intuitives and whatnot struggle with this new agey money is bad mindset, and ended up charging way less than shameless reiki life coach divas who charged out the butthole for a lesser product
>>
>>17308984
>the hippie look
Ya, I'm actually very business-like in appearance and demeanor like
>>17309985
(thanks for the crystal ball protip)

I don't think I could pull off the stoned New Ager because I rely on charm, and that seems a but incompatible.

>>17309998
>>17310006
How do you fill an hour? Do you just do several readings, or do you include things like astrological outlooks and palms? I can talk for 5 to 10 minutes on a single Celtic Cross, but I have no idea how to fill up an hour unless I just include more.
>>
>>17310394
>How do you fill an hour?
You do 1/5th of the Opening of the Key spread.
If they want more, then you get 5-6 hours filled by one reading.

>Celtic Cross
Shit-tier.
>>
>>17308333
>How to advertise paranormal services?
Do let me know if you can figure that one out. My current best solution is Faeposting on 4chan's /x/ board. It costs one global internet, but it is well worth the price.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.