[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mirrors and Disembodiment? Have you ever stared into a mirror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Mirrors and Disembodiment?

Have you ever stared into a mirror long enough to have that absent feeling within your body? Like, you begin to question if you are actually "there" or like able to leave your body somehow? Just standing there for long periods of time, in utter silence and just stare, its such an odd feeling of disembodiment. Thats the best word I can use I suppose. This is such a strange feeling ive experienced and I have such a hard time putting it into words so was wondering if any of you /x/ peeps experienced something like this as well or have more information onto what this feeling is?
>>
I've had this phenomena happening to me since i was twelve,but it really happens if i stare long enough and thinking to myself like i was being apart from reality,i remember telling to myself that there is no point in life and has no meaning at all,strangely,this happened while i was living like a twelve year old boy,happy with good family conditions,i don't see what provoked this experience,but since that day,i was introverted,reserved,deep toughtful and have had serious suicidal thoughts even though i know have real reasons behind that thinking,later i knew that this phenomena is called derealisation or alienation.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F0vpMZA7VQqkawnUlwLPWcKfffneZuk7W0p_hlKxp7Q/view?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>17306434
I have done this many times. I thought I was the only one that did this. Very interesting OP.
>>
>>17306434
No
>>
Staring at the mirror is nice, try lighting a candle and do it in the dark. Focus really hard on nothing and suddenly you will notice your face dissappear
>>
>>17307469
>i knew that this phenomena is called derealisation or alienation.

I wouldn't stick labels on it, but yeah. You also pretty much fucked yourself from the wonder that is this perspective by having suicide thoughts, but hopefully you got out of that. The unfortunate part of this perspective is when some people allow it to depress them. The unknown should enlighten people rather than scare them.
>>
File: 1445957660030.jpg (26KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445957660030.jpg
26KB, 280x400px
>>17310464
>The unknown should enlighten people rather than scare them.
fuck off m8
>>
Did this after taking acid for 20-30 minutes
>>
>>17307469
I don't think it is necessary to be enlightened by uncertainty. You can be indifferent to the future and enjoy a life without true appeal.
>>
Kinda do this at the gym when I'm running. My gym has huge mirrors in front of and flanking the treadmills. If I stare at myself while running long enough, its like watching someone else, I lose all sense of connection with my body
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (2KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
2KB, 70x70px
>>17306434
>>
>>17306434
All the time. Most every time I look.
>>
OP Here

>>17307469
>derealisation I think fits well but yeah I dont know if labeling it just that does it justice. >>17310464
Enlightenment is the goal but in reality its still terrifying as fuck.
>>17310966 Exactly this. The losing all sense of connection.
>>
>>17306434
when younger i used to turn the lights off and have only the monitor give out the light then i stood infront of the mirror without focusing anywhere for some time... My face literally started getting kinda scary my face kept looking more angry and angry until it pretty much looked like the devil.
>>
>>17308581
Hey anyone try this yet?
>>
>>17311975
>still terrifying as fuck
Fear != enlightenment.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.